Author Topic: Wedding Spending  (Read 21026 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2016, 12:55:06 pm »
Sharing a recent observation. Super important talaga ng photographer and videographer. Its true when people say you should hire the best ones that can fit your budget. Some budget weddings look like a gazillion bucks when photos and video are nice!

I am one of those people who had video at the bottom of my priority list. Buti nalang di kami natuloy ng 1st videographer and we got someone else who cost double but gave us good service and value for our money.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2016, 02:08:07 pm »
^I saw a wedding in facebook. Sa Palazzo Verde sila pero di maganda yung photo, nagtipid sila sa photo. sayang ganda ng place kung hindi naman maganda gawa ng photographer.

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2016, 02:46:55 pm »
Sharing a recent observation. Super important talaga ng photographer and videographer. Its true when people say you should hire the best ones that can fit your budget. Some budget weddings look like a gazillion bucks when photos and video are nice!

I super agree sis! :) Overall kasi yan lang ang matitira sa bride and groom eh :) Kaya dapat dun na sa magaling :) Though these days madami na din mid range na magaling kaya di naman masakit sa bulsa :D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2016, 03:06:47 pm »
yup dami mid-range photo and video na  super galing!! Heheh but my 1st videographer was medyo on the low end side. Good, good thing I switched to my mid-range videographer. Kasi I was looking at my old videographer's latest work and iba talaga yung quality ng videos.

I've also seen weddings that the styling was very basic, but they really spent on photo and video and super ganda ng labas!!! I love my stylist, but sometimes I wonder what if I just went all out and hired my dream videographer and used basic flowers? Kasi to be honest I spent a lot more on flowers than I did on photo and video combined. Sulit yung flowers sa photos, but ning hindi naman kita sa video yung flowers hehhe

gingerbreadwoman

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2016, 03:17:02 pm »
Same with you, @kdramaholic. I'm thinking of digital invites nalang din except for sponsors.

Agree with @chili1113 regarding the P/V. Get a good one.

Regarding spending, I'm thinking not to splurge on my dress. The wedding dress I like is from Vera Wang and I haven't asked the price. I'm too scared to find out.


meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2016, 03:31:08 pm »
Regarding spending, medyo I feel guilty sa mga nabook namin.. My fiance and his family are the ones spending and then vague ang binigay na budget. "Basta hindi masyadong mahal" e mahal is relative.. tapos madaming guest tables ang alloted. So yung flowers medyo tataas na agad dahil sa per table na centerpiece. Then my dad is very particular sa photo and video so medyo napamahal din sa napili. And now I feel guilty na baka napapagastos ko sila ng wala na pala sa lugar because of the things we chose. Sinasabi ni fiance na ok lang naman daw yung napili. Kaso may cousin siya na ikakasal after us na naghahanap ngayon ng suppliers, then pag napapagusapan namin ng fiance niya yung mga nacacanvass nila, I noticed that most of them are cheaper than what we were getting.. I can't help but compare and feel guilty tuloy..  :-[

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2016, 04:17:54 pm »
@meixin hi sis! you're so lucky na very supportive ang family ni h2b mo :) ok lang naman to spend on p/v siguro bawi ka na lang sa iba na not so important like prenup, invites, souvenirs :) happy preps sis! :) as long as ok kay h2b I think wala magiging problem :)

yinandyang

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2016, 01:23:16 pm »
wedding spending is currently stressing me little by little na. medyo over budget na kami ng 50k already and some expenses hndi namin na count in.
We prioritized Reception which ate 60% of our budget. I am targeting to keep in budget na with the other elements pero mababa ang na estimate ko kaya mahirap.



kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2016, 11:11:16 pm »
^ Agreed! yinandyang  :-\ 45% of our budget was invested on reception. Tapos following the reception I booked the photographer that I liked, their rates are a bit steep and yung kinuha ko pang package was the premium. Kasi ayoko tipirin ang P/V. Naku, may flowers pa pala! Now I have to cut down the budget for invites, stylists etc. kung pwede lang iextend ng 3 more months ang wedding! haha!

mloveg

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2016, 11:22:54 pm »
@meixin I feel you! When talking with fellow bride to bes na mga kakilala, I feel guilty

FutureMrsU

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2016, 01:57:44 am »
Interesting topic. Looking back at our wedding preps late last year...

1. I wish I spent more on nothing :)

2. I wish I spent less on our Php35K OTD wedding coordinator because she and her team were the only ones who gave me and my fiance a headache on the day of the wedding. I don't know if this had happened to other brides, but preps were already starting when coordination team came - leaving me and my girls to worry about latecomers for the makeup preps and other concerns at the onset and causing a rift between me and the groom before the wedding started (Stress!). The HMUA, videographer and photographer and most of our entourage members were already there and working when the coordinators arrived. She even forgot to arrange or at least tell me ahead that we had to secure a permit from Taal Vista if we wanted to have our photos taken on their grounds, even if she knew months ahead that we were having the wedding preps at Taal Vista. Buti na lang one of our close family friends and principal sponsor was kind and influential enough to pull strings and have the photo fee waived. I was really disappointed since this coordinator is a (not-so-close) HS kabarkada and I was quite confident that given her personality, she would deliver.  Maayos naman most things when she finally came, except that the coordinator that she assigned to me forgot to ask the hairstylist to ride with me in the bridal car - so my designer had to help me with the veil and medyo bagsak tuloy ang hair ko sa ceremony pics and videos. Grrr. 

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on souvenirs for regular guests, photobooths, open bar (destination wedding so opted not to have this for our guests' safety), event stylist, my gown (Teena Sabrina really delivered - the gown had the perfect fit!), HMUA (I love Thea Dionisio and her team; really professional and affordable) and the bridal car (just borrowed an uncle's luxury vehicle). We got great reviews from guests inspite of these and we even went under budget :) Yay!

4. I wish I never included and spent on nothing naman. We're happy about almost all of our choices, except for again, our wedding coordinator.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2016, 02:56:31 am »
^Hi sis!! Sorry to hear about your coordinator's performance. But yes, I remember my coordinator really briefed me that HMUA will arrive first at hotel, followed by photo and video and coordinator. So my coordinator wasn't around too 1st thing in the morning. They arrived around the same time as photo and video. =) 1 hour after HMUA began.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2016, 06:00:35 am »
^same with Chili, di rin si OTD coord ang pinakamaagang dumating nung wedding ko. Based on the contract, 5 hrs before the wedding sila dadating so 10am dapat for my 3pm wedding pero sabi ko ang late naman masyado so inagahan nila 1 hr. Si hmua ko ang pinakanauna,8am ang call time pero 7am andun na haha

stylus

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2016, 07:05:36 am »
^for my 2pm wedding, 5:30am dumating hmua, 730 otd coordinator and photo video team. Pagdating nila halos patapos nako ayusan kaya start na kagad ng shoot and endorsement ng items :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2016, 09:12:17 am »
^wow sis stylus!! That's so early =) You must have tons of pics hehe My wedding was at 3pm, HMUA call time was at 8 AM, the rest came in at 9:30. I adujusted the time pa and requested for them to come earlier. Initially photo and video were to arrive at 10 am.

FutureMrsU: Also pala, I got a full package for Hair and Makeup with unli retouch and 2nd look. But the hairstylist also didn't ride with me in the bridal car. He just made sure my hair was fixed enough and can withstand the veil being thrown over my hair hehe. I remember him saying he was to make it a bit higher than usual because it will flatten out once the veil is placed over it. It was also the designer and her team that placed the veil over me and fixed my gown before the processional. =)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:16:58 am by Chili1113 »

kwang sun

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2016, 11:07:20 am »
A relative of mine spent 200k on a wedding.... Haha hindi kasi nasunod ang rsvp lol at alam nyo kung san napunta ang budget???? Sa plates sa pagkain haha
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:08:55 am by kwang sun »

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2016, 09:30:44 pm »
I'm just curious if any of you booked a halfway / semi wedding coordination. I booked my coordinator, pero hindi OTD since gusto ko 5 months before the wedding hindi na ako masyado stressed. Kaya lang I noticed mostly nakikita ko OTD kinukuha. Anyone na halfway din, and isn't based outside PH? Is it worth it? Or sana sa ibang bagay ko na lang ininvest. Si Metroeventscape pa naman kinuha ko medyo high end ang rate nya.

FutureMrsU

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2016, 02:16:56 am »
Thanks for the replies, girls :) Well, the posts made me feel a bit guilty. Maybe we expected too much from our coordinator then? Hehe.

Oh well, things can and will go wrong on the wedding day naman talaga. We just have to let it go.

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2016, 09:45:41 am »
For those who got married na, how do you feel about the wedding photo album? Is it worth it ba? We initially pegged it kasi as nice to have lang but not a priority, and we decide na lang if may wiggle room pa sa budget. But people have been telling me na sayang naman.

I've moved about several times na kasi (from one country to another) so I have an aversion to anything na mabigat  :P

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2016, 09:59:33 am »
I think some couples dont get the albums from their photographers. To save money, they will just have it printed with fotobooks or some other provider. Maybe you can do that if you will opt to have an album in the future:)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close