Author Topic: Wedding Spending  (Read 20972 times)

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2016, 02:05:47 pm »
Try ko nga ito kahit di pa tapos wedding, lagi ako nagbabasa sa thread na to for tips.

I wish I spent more on Wala na siguro, we actually exceeded more than 50% of our budget.

I wish I spent less on... Full Band. I almost want to cancel this na, parang hindi naman pala kame mahilig sa banda, ewan ko ba bakit ako napakuha neto. Oh well sana nalang masulit namen sa wedding.
Church, sana may church na mas mura, ang mahal mahal lang sa SSJ  :(
Hotel - ang mahal mahal sa Oakwood, kaso wala akong ibang mapiling malaking bedroom. Malaking family kasi sila H2b, so they need at least 2 bedroom. Tapos syempre sa bride kailangan malaking room din.

I am glad I didn't spend on Wala pa ko maisip, baka after the wedding pa siguro.

I wish I never included and spent on - Prenup shoot with my photographer. Akala ko kasi before hindi kame makakapag prenup shoot dito sa Dubai. Or makapag prenup man, hindi magiging enough. But I was wrong, I love our photos here. Parang additional expenses nalang yung prenup namen sa Pinas.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:51:07 am by hermione28 »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2016, 02:57:04 pm »
^sis, don't worry. On the day itself you will be thankful you have a bigggg room to prepare in. Also, a LOT of the SDE footage and pics are taken in prep venue so it will be worth it. At first I regretted Shangrila Fort also because the suites are so expensive. But in the end I really enjoyed my stay there, and they had very good service.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2016, 01:04:50 pm »
Chili1113 - Oo nga eh, need talaga big room lalo na sa bride, kaya I booked 3 bedroom for me and my family. Kahit mahal, mahalaga maluwag ang kilos. Nakita ko nga sis sa Shang ang ganda talaga, di ko nalang afford don. Sobrang mahal na, haha.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2016, 02:20:28 pm »
We were talking about wedding expenses among friends here are things that came up:

Good wedding investments:
1. Photo
2. Video
3. Food and Liquor
4. Gown- doesn't have to be expensive but it must be flattering and fit well because all your pictures will be you wearing this gown.

Not so important but makes a big impact:
1. Hair and Makeup- doesn't have to be an expensive HMUA but you have to get someone who will make you look your best and still like yourself.
2. Coordinator-- because on the day itself a bad coordinator can mess things up.
3. Lighting- bad lighting= bad photos, and dreary atmosphere

Optional Luxuries that can make an impact:
1. Flowers and styling- totally unnecessary but it does help the event more beautiful. However, styling is nothing without good lighting.
2. Entertainment- because you can have a great wedding even with recorded music on an ipod, and a simple keyboardist/vocalist at the ceremony.
3. Nice prep outfit- If you plan on taking a lot of prep portraits, a nice robe or outfit does make an impact although it isn't necessary.

Totally Unnecessary:
1. Souvenirs and giveaways -- unless its super nice and useful we usually don't even claim our souvenirs at weddings.
2. Photobooth- because nowadays, people simply take selfies and hashtag it.
3. Prenup Photo/Video- because you don't really need it whatsoever and it costs a lot even if you get it for free, the venue and clothing, and food of the team cost a lot.
4. Special effects- fireworks, confetti machines, bubble machines, smoke machines etc.
5. Gifts and toys for flower girls and bearers- because no matter what you do to keep them occupied, they will end up running around anyways.
6. Accessories- pillows, cord, secondary veil- honestly you can buy the cheapest ones and it wouldn't matter except maybe for the headpiece.
7. Expensive invitations- because no one really cares about it. People just throw it away. This is one of my regrets in my wedding. I shod have kept it as inexpensive.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:27:24 pm by Chili1113 »

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2016, 04:51:27 pm »
Thanks for the tips sis Chili1113, makes me rethink about getting special effects and photobooth hours, I extended the hours for our photobooth tapos di rin lang pala papansinin  :-\

About the souvenirs, I really don't intend to give one anyway hahaha pero my MIL is insisting na magbigay kami  :-\

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2016, 05:20:26 pm »
^I don't want to give souvenirs either, but my parents are insisting also! Maybe you can give a food item? We're planning to give chocolates :) I feel like food items are usually well received because guests can eat them throughout the night, or while waiting for the program to start (that's what I usually do, anyway! haha).

Also, don't worry about the photobooth extension. I don't think it's a waste. While it's not as popular as before, most people I know (including myself) still go to photobooths during weddings. It gives guests something to do -- especially for non drinkers :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:22:50 pm by stella021817 »

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2016, 05:23:28 pm »
Tho' my wedding is on November, i just want to try this so i can compare my 'before' with the 'after' 😂😂😂
1. I wish I spent more on styling in our reception because I think it is great to have a good view of the reception venue while the guests are waiting for us
2. I wish I spent less on the band but i really love this song that they will sing on our wedding day in the church and sila lang talaga ang feeling ko na makakakanta na singers within our budget haiss
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on most of our supplier kasi nag early booking kami ☺️☺️☺️ except for the lights and sounds... Ang mahal tuloy ng quote nila sa amin ngayon!! Hais my initial budget is 15k only but because of my band i have to spend 40k!! 😭😭😭
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:55:34 am by prettylove »

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2016, 07:34:47 pm »
^I don't want to give souvenirs either, but my parents are insisting also! Maybe you can give a food item? We're planning to give chocolates :) I feel like food items are usually well received because guests can eat them throughout the night, or while waiting for the program to start (that's what I usually do, anyway! haha).

Option ko din ang chocolates :) May package ang venue ko (TBL) na 10k for edible souvenirs, not sure if mura na yun. Where'd you get yours sis?  :)

I hope our guests will utilize the photobooth down to the last hour, para sulit  ;D


shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2016, 04:27:15 am »
if you have photobooth, kulitin nyo sila na gamitin. samin 54 lang nagpapicture. kaya nagsisi ako bakit di kami nagpa extend.

mika

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2016, 08:40:24 am »
On my wedding...

1. I wish I spent more on my photographer. i got jaja samaniego and i wish i scheduled for a prenup. my hubby and i initially didnt want one but once i got her photos from our wedding, i wish i scheduled a prenup pictorial with her.
2. I wish I spent less on my wedding invites because let's face it, guests would eventually throw them. 
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on my wedding coordinator. i'm so glad my hubby had friends who were wedding coordinators so we were able to get a huge discount and get great service on the day itself and the whole planning period of our wedding.
4. I wish I never included and spent on my photobooth. i wanted to get one just so i can keep my guests entertained before dinner but during the wedding it seemed like everyone was having fun without the use of a photobooth. good thing it didnt cost that much.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:50:06 am by mika »

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2016, 10:04:12 am »
haha okay, everyone on here is making me rethink the photobooth! It seems like I'm the only one who still likes using them hehe.  I booked mine for 3 hours (was thinking of extending to 4hrs, but maybe I won't anymore....)

@mika: Did a lot of guests use your photobooth?

@maedonnas: I'll be getting my chocolates from Cocoa Monster. Several of my friends have gotten them for their weddings and the souvenirs were all eaten before the program even started! You can find them on Facebook. They're very flexible and can suggest products depending on your budget. They have fine chocolates, truffles, chocolate covered polvoron (my favorite!) etc.  I can PM you their details if you want. Just let me know :)

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2016, 11:39:27 am »
^ me too stella021817, thinking twice of getting a photobooth. kaya lang iniisip ko naman baka gusto din nila ng pictures?

If walang photobooth, what do you usually do during cocktail hours?

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2016, 11:54:17 am »
@itsKat!: I'm going to keep my photobooth but might not extend anymore. Most of my friends still use the photobooth at the weddings I've attended. I think that it's nice to have a printed copy of photos, even if everyone has cameras on their phones :) Maybe you can observe the crowd at upcoming weddings (if it's similar to yours) , so you can see if they're into photobooths or not :)

For my cocktail hour, aside from the photobooth, I plan to have my band play a set, and have an open bar and cocktail food served. 

During cocktail hour, I usually just grab a drink and some food, then chat with friends :) I think your guests will be fine with some food/drinks! And maybe play some music (live or a recording would work) to set the mood :) I've never been to a cocktail hour with games, so I think they're unnecessary.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:57:02 am by stella021817 »

marjin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2016, 01:04:24 pm »


@maedonnas: I'll be getting my chocolates from Cocoa Monster. Several of my friends have gotten them for their weddings and the souvenirs were all eaten before the program even started! You can find them on Facebook. They're very flexible and can suggest products depending on your budget. They have fine chocolates, truffles, chocolate covered polvoron (my favorite!) etc.  I can PM you their details if you want. Just let me know :)

sis kindly pm me also details of cocoa monster. thanks in advance

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2016, 01:42:54 pm »
sent you a PM @marjin :)

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2016, 04:15:16 pm »
sis stella021817, please pm me the details  :D Thank you

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2016, 04:45:11 pm »
^sent you a PM :)

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2016, 01:41:11 am »
This thread is really helpful!!! I will spend more time reading all of it.

fries

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2016, 08:10:56 am »
Hi sis stella021817, could you also PM me the rates for Cocoa Monster?
I'm planning to have a smores bar but still not sure if I can DIY it, so I'm still checking for other options. Thanks!  :)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2016, 09:27:22 am »
I think I will still get a photobooth but I will choose the most affordable one! Lately, kasi ang mahal na din nun :( I'm trying my best na maka-save pa din kahit lumolobo talaga yung expenses namin hahaha :) Our wedding is on Jan 7, 2017 :)

These are the items that we will skip:
1. Wedding invites - will just send it thru FB/email pero very creative pa din kasi si h2b ay graphic artist :)
2. Souvenirs - Di ko na din na-recall san ko nilagay yung mga nakuha ko na souvenirs. :(
3. Prenup Outfit/Stylist - we'll just use the ones we have.
4. Prenup Video - Di na lang kasi super mahal pala nun grabe! Haha!

Happy preps to us :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close