Author Topic: Wedding Spending  (Read 21021 times)

stylus

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2016, 01:21:10 pm »
1. Happy we spent on:
food - though hindi kasing mamahal ng ibang caterers, pero ours was a little over our budget. Okay dahil marami nagcomment na masarap ang food during our wedding
 
life size letters - sulit dahil ginamit talaga ng guests namin pang photo op. At ang ganda ng lighted letters lalo nung gabi na

Emcee - sulit kahit over our budget kasi masaya ang lahat nung wedding at nag enjoy sila marami daw activities

2. I wish we spent less on:
bridal gown - competitive na ang price ng gown ko at 30k lang but it has been 3 weeks at di ko alam gagawin ko sa gown. No idea kung san okay magpa dry clean. Ang laki pa ng box, kinukutkot lang ng cats ko. hehe.

hmua - ang ganda namin sa hmu during the wedding but looking back, lalo ngayon na kailangan ng money, isa to sa mga naiisip ko na kung hindi ganun kamahal eh malaki laki rin sana ang natipid namin.

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on: ento dresses - just bought rtw dresses from divi at 500 each. Tapos nagpatahi lang ako sa tita ko ng belt for free

venue styling - 8k lang ang ceiling swags

church flowers - simple lang naman ang gusto ko since maliit lang ang church namin. 9k lang at nasunod pa lahat ng gusto ko

invitations and bouquets - all diy

prep attire - di ko rin kaya maglabas ng 2-3k para sa robe. Got my prep attire for 450 pesos only

5. I wish we never included:
mobile bar - di naman kasi nagsabi kagad dad ko na magpprovide sya ng beer. Di tuloy nasulit ang unli drinks sa mobile bar

Bridal car - we could've just used our personal car though hindi nga lang white. Pero nag extend kami ng 1 hour so additional 2,500 na kagad yun on top of 7,500 rate. Ouch.

stylus

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2016, 02:17:00 pm »
Just to add, I'm glad we didn't have guest souvenirs and band for the reception ;)

izabelle

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2016, 02:27:33 pm »
I got married 6 Years ago! :)

1. I wish I spent more on: Food. Actually ok na ok ang food namin nung wedding pero kung mababalik ko lang yung time, i will add more fooood. haha! Masayang masaya mga bisita namin non sa food, what more kung mas nag add pa kami like more desserts and additional lechon.

2. I wish I spent less on: Cake. Ang mahal ng cake namin para sa naging hitsura haha! happy naman pero parang ang mahal lang.

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on: miscellaneous stuff like band, light, etc. Actually wala kaming mga ganito. And masaya ako na wala kasi dagdag gastos lang talaga haha. Wala akong makitang significance.


4. I wish I never included and spent on: Bridal Car. We booked a bridal car worth 14k++ and LATE sila!!! until now inis pa din ako kapag naalala ko. Muntik na ako hindi umabot sa simbahan. Mabuti nalang may available na car sa hotel non.

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2016, 06:18:18 pm »
Not married yet... pero eto na realizations namin..

2. I wish I spent less on:
          - church styling because the chapel is pretty enough by itself, plus we have this nagging feeling that the stylist will not be able deliver during the wedding :(
          - photobooth - 22k for a photobooth was a bit too steep :/ pero fiance really wanted this photobooth -  Even if my brother paid for the photobooth, it's just too darn expensive!


Now that we're done with the wedding 6 months ago, update ko na sagot ko dito.. as expected we really wished we spent less on Church styling. ;D this was our biggest regret, cost wise.  On the upside, the photobooth was a hit :) and up to now guests are using those pics as their profile pics in FB.

And additional sa "I wish we spent less on:"
Tips!!! - Hubby and I were so happy with how our wedding turned out.. during the wedding ang daming tuwang tuwa sa wedding namin and we were so happy with all of our suppliers.. so when it was time to "show" appreciation.. bumulong asawa ko "hon bigyan ko ba sila ng tip?" to which I said "yes" then he asked "1k?" akala ko naman he meant tig 1k per team, so sabi ko oo sige sige.  Si hubby, binigyan ng tig-1k bawat member ng bawat supplier namin na nandun sa venue... Photo, Video, Coordinator.. tapos tig 500 naman sa mga lights and sound crew. :o ::) juicecolored....
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:25:36 pm by edna_mode »

chartan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2016, 06:52:57 pm »
^sis, funny ng husband mo. Generous!

May I ask anong photobooth yun and why siya nag hit? Medyo pricey ah.. :-)

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2016, 07:38:18 pm »
^yes sis we still laugh about it everytime nag rereminisce kami! :D yung photobooth is by Teralifestyle-- touchscreen and all digital sha. Guests can put stickers and record video messages on the spot :) https://www.facebook.com/Teralifestyle/?fref=ts


pogi02

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2016, 09:27:05 am »
^Natawa ko sa hubby mo! Kung ako yun, baka nasakal ko asawa ko, charot lang! tig-1k? Kaloka sa dami nila! Hahahahah!

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2016, 11:17:14 am »
Joining in!  ;D I practically DIY-ed my whole wedding so my list is a bit different.

1. I wish I spent more time enjoying myself during the wedding because I cheaped out and didn't hire a wedding coordinator. I could've also delegated more stuff to my friends/family on the day of.

2. I wish I spent less time on DIY-ing EVERYTHING because I drove myself crazy. I made all the centerpieces (no fresh flowers, I made over a thousand origami cranes and draped them on silver manzanita branches with acrylic beads) and other decorations, bought most of the linens, napkins, etc., wrote the reception script for the emcees, created the wedding website, and designed the wedding invitations. I might've forgotten something but, yeah, I'm a bit of a frugal control freak :P

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on pretty much everything but time is money, so I'd like to give myself back more time hahaha ;)

4. I wish I never included a second venue and saved the money instead. I had a non-denominational wedding and I rented a chapel pa, sana I just had both the ceremony and the reception in one venue.

TBH, after all the wedding preparation stress that I admittedly piled onto myself, I wish I just opted for a simpler wedding. I know most girls want a fairytale wedding or the wedding of their dreams but parang after the fact, it's just a one day celebration (or several days for others). I saved A LOT by DIY-ing most of it but if I could do it all over again, I would definitely plan for something simpler :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:58:55 am by luckypal »

simang

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2016, 11:39:39 am »
Four months post wedding, although my glitches ang wedding namin, I still feel na we had a beautiful one and yung mga bisita namin appreciated its simplicity.

1. I wish I spent more on.. Wala haha feeling ko sakto lang lahat ng spending namin for the wedding
2. I wish I spent less on.. Wala din. They said na sana mas nakamura kami sa venue and accommodation but for me, it was the venue that we wanted and sobrang ganda nya so i still think we had a good deal for it.
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on.. My wedding dress. Paid 4k for it with complete accessories and superb customer service from my couturier. It looked overly simple (my mom didn't like it haha) but that's how I wanted it. Feeling ko kasi the wedding dresses nowadays look all the same with all the lace details and sequins so I wanted something plain and flowy and simple. So buti na lang I found a designer who offered it so inexpensive and I never had any problems with him or my gown. Also on styling. We chose an outdoor venue na maganda na on its own. It didn't need a lot of styling and our lights supplier did a good job sa pag maximize ng nga ilaw at puno sa paligid.
4. I wish I never included and spent on.. Wala din. Feeling ko we spent the right amount on every detail that we included in our wedding.

chinkybride

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2016, 08:48:04 pm »
not yet done with my wedding but

1. I wish I spent more on nothing so far..because i felt most of our suppliers are pricey! :( impulsive booking.

2. I wish I spent less on wedding gown because I really don't like spending more than XXX for a day use.. (but then again there are photos and I'm not exactly slim, so baka harder to find a RTW one)
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on nothing yet. i'm thinking photobooth. I also saw the interactive one and kind of wanted it but then I thought baka instead of people enjoying the program, baka they will be lining up outside just to play with the interactive photobooth! and I also thought baka mahirapan mga ibang oldies so not yet decided on the photobooth. for the other sissies here who got the interactive photobooth, humaba ba line / nagkagulo pa?

4. I wish I never included and spent on i don't know yet haha!:)



MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2016, 07:52:59 am »
Thank you girltalkers for sharing! I am a 2017 bride and I am rethinking a lot of things right now, especially my wedding gown. hahaha. I wanted to get a cheaper one, but hubs wants Mel Orlina or Edward Teng kasi daw once lang ako maggaganun so sulitin ko na. But, I think I have to reconsider. Although I really want a nice gown too.

I guess it's a good thing we spent more on our photo/vid.

I am happy my bridesmaids are good friends and I ask them to shoulder their gowns. I'll only be providing them the cloth and the design so sila na bahala magpatahi and they can tweak the design din if they want too.

I have also read about the flowers and styling. I found a picture in pinterest wherein they use candles and petals nalang for the aisle, I guess ganun nalang kami, somewhat cheaper. For the centerpieces, candles and simple flowers lang din, hindi ko rin kasi gusto yung super laking centerpieces, nakakasagabal sa photo ops. And then I am planning to get Cherie Handicrafts for the entourage bouquets para it can double as souvenirs na.

The invitation will be made by a good friend, I did not ask for discounts though because she's just starting her business and I want to help. Good thing my mom and pops will be sponsoring this one. ;D

And I have to take note to spend more on the food. I was thinking of having a dessert buffet pero it's kinda expensive at 16k  for 100 persons, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Again thank you so much!

iceheaven31

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2016, 06:13:39 pm »
1. I wish I spent more on:
--> photography siguro. maganda naman pictures namin. siguro nakukulangan lang ako sa mga shots (and quality) na gusto ko.
--> tsaka sana may prenup shoot kami na matino. sayang, yung budget para dito napunta sa RTW garbs namin.

2. I wish I spent less on: nothing. all of my suppliers are within our budget. (even our wedding rings)

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on:
--> me and hubby's wedding garb. kasi hindi naideliver nung supposed mananahi, we ended up buying ours from 168 a week before.
--> our honeymoon! kasi meron (palang) friend na magbibigay nun as a wedding gift. :)

4. I wish I never included and spent on: nothing. wala kasi masyadong "nice-to-haves" dahil budget constrained din.

(additional item :P)
5. I'm glad I spent more on:
-->choir. choristers kasi kami ni hubby, so ito talaga ang mega splurge namin. super sulit. :)
-->food. partida hindi ganun kamahalan yung package namin (<300pesos/pax) + yung mga add-ons (like tents, chocolate fountain for 150pax). sulit lahat, tsaka masarap. wala akong narinig na bad review about the food.

daeyan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2016, 12:53:09 pm »
I wish i spent more on the aircon of the venue. Hehe. Medyo mainit kasi sa loob ng bali village hotel sylvinas pavillion. Nanghinayang pa akong magadd ng 5k for the aircon. Hahaha. Good thing, umulan for i think less than 5 minutes, kaya biglang lumamig yung place. (Its a blessing!) other than that, bet na bet ko ang reception namin.👏

I wish i spent less on gown. Haha. Actually, my gown is so nice. Napakaunique. And napakaelegante. Hindi nga lang mahaba. 😅Yun lang, ang budget ko for wedding gown is only 12k or less without worries. Hahaha. Kuripot lang. 😂 Pero bet na din.

I wish i spent a LITTLE less to the coordination. OTD coordination of 25k is too much. Only if i know that there is cheaper otd, yun sana binook ko. Kaso that time when i booked my coord, hondi pa ako knowledgable na marami pa lang less than 20k otd. Nevertheless, ok lang. Because my otd worked so hard sa reception namin. 😊

Im glad i didnt spent much on
do it your own (we just bought scrap)
bridal car (hubbys relative drove for us) photobooth (i dont like)
styling and catering (queensland provided all that we wanted for an affordable rate making the place very elegant plus a very tasty overlfowing food)
makeup (my cousin, a makeup artist, did it for me.)
photovideo (sidedish project is really a ood choice. Affordable rate plus a good offers and output)
cake (4 layered cake, 2 layered edible, for 5k? Super afford?)
Entourage gown (my ento paid for it)
Florist (8500 for both church and ento plus the owner as commentator, what more can i ask for? 😁)
Lights and sounds
Invitation
Souvenirs
And many more (actually, all my suppliers swak our budget).😂👏

I wish i never included and spent on NOTHING. Because all the things we saw on that day were the ones we liked in a very practical and beautiful way. No regrets!

Im glad i spent more on reception and hotel. Bali village is so beautiful. Ang relaxing ng ambiance ng place, napakarustic tignan ng rooms and napakabaet ng mga tao don. Plus ang daming sights na pwedeng magenjoy ang guests to do photoshoots. The reception is a little bit expensive but im glad for it kasi maganda sya (mainit lang.)

Im glad i spent additional arch of cherry blossoms. Though, accessory lang siya sa place, naging maganda factor siya para mapawow ang guests sa reception pagdating pa lang nila. ❤️

Tinsflor

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2016, 12:22:25 am »
^^Congrats sis Chili113!  I just wanted to say that I learned a lot from you here, and I'm so grateful for all of your tips!  :)  Although I'm mostly just lurking around and don't post much, you're one of the brides in here that I can relate to. I hope you stick around some more to provide some feedback. Enjoy your honeymoon!

Cookiemonster11

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2016, 12:46:41 am »
^Congrats sis Chili!!  I am on the same boat with sis Tinsflor... I just lurk here most of the time and I've learned so much from you and the other sisses here. Thanks and wishing you a happy married life! :D :D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2016, 01:14:51 am »
Thanks Tinsflor and cookiemonster11!! =) =) I used to just lurk around too heheh but I became active when I realized how much I learned from consulting people around here when I had questions re suppliers and planning. The forums really helped me a lot also and I am very thankful!

Happy preps! It may be stressful at times, but once its over you will sorta miss it hahaha! =)

sixseveneight

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2016, 07:02:18 am »
^Sis @Chilli1113 please PM me your supplier for the flowers. Do you have pictures ba? :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2016, 09:27:15 am »
sixseveneight: my stylist is Robert Blancaflor. There are pictures on his IG account =)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2016, 09:54:16 am »
Congratulations Chili! I stalked a few of your suppliers' instagram accounts, haha. You and your wedding were beautiful!! Glad to hear everything went smoothly :) Can't wait to hear more feedback/ratings re. your suppliers! Wishing you a very happy married life! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2016, 04:20:02 pm »
^Thank you Stella!! I am sure your wedding will be just fabulous. I haven't done my review but definitely will. I am waiting for the initial wedding high to die down so I can make more objective reviews. =)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close