Author Topic: Wedding Spending  (Read 20993 times)

khaleesii

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2015, 04:27:05 pm »
My (now) husband paid for everything and he also chose the suppliers,  pero ako yung nagfofollow-up. Ayun, naawa ako kasi over mag charge talaga yung iba, kaya lang si husband di nag hahaggle kasi ayaw nya tipirin din kami sa quality. Pero mga siss....DI RIN! May mga salbahe talagang suppliers, di makatarungan :( Entourage gowns and suits kami din nagpagawa, super ok yung suits @10K, yung sa girls mahal for 8K kasi simple lang ginawa.

1. I wish he spent more on HIMSELF. Wala ako masabi sa mga pinag gagastos nya pero ayaw nya bumili ng things para sa kanya (shoes, watch, etc). Sapilitan pa!

2. I wish he spent less on so many things like:
     a. Gowns..90K ang singil bridal lang, pero hindi naman dineliver as promised, hindi swarovski yung ginamit, more on beads and pearls. Supposed to be 60K lang sya pero inugrade namin sya for swarovski kaya naging 90K. Pulido naman pero madaming nagtataka bakit ganun sya, yellow/brownish pa sa  picture, ang usapan, Ivory. :(

    b. Coordination and flowers. Our biggest mistake, especially na yung supplier pinalitan namin dito last minute dahil palpak talaga and OA mag charge (68K for full coordination) and (315K for flowers/styling).

3. I am glad he didn't spend so much on prenup styling. Dun lang yata sya hindi naglabas ng sobra.

4. I wish I never included and spent on additional details and upgrades on styling like flower wall sa photobooth, decors, etc. Kasi walang nakakapansin.  Lalo na kung hindi rin proactive ang coordinator.

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 10:34:51 pm »
Chili1113 and sevenstars, you are women after my own heart!!!!

At the start of the research and planning process, I couldn't even recognize myself! I'm usually very logical and thoughtful about shopping but when drafting the initial budget ang hirap maging rational  :-[ :-[ :-[ Thankfully fiance has the same mindset as me (we're willing to pay for good quality and since it's a destination wedding we have to make sure we're comfortable with our choices and don't pick just coz mura). But even then I had to give up the concept of a very detail-rich/romantic/whimsical wedding  :-\

But then at the end of the day, I'm getting married to my best friend so the look of the church and reception venue won't make me any less happy. I think hahahaha  ;D

I can't wait to add to this growing list in a year's time, really amazing idea to start this thread Chili113 dear  :-*

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2015, 11:40:55 pm »
Sis khaleesii ang mahal ng flowers mo gurl, hacienda na ata ang style niyan! hehe.  ;D
mahal pa sa damit ninyo.. Just saying!
Grabe naman yung nagtahi ng gown mo sis, dapat hindi ninyo binayaran as 90K yun kung hindi naman siya tumupad sa usapan. Baka kasi alam niyang "madali" kausap when it comes to money matter si H2b kaya hindi na niya "inayos ng trabaho". Kakaupset yan.. You paid for something you didn't love.
May mga suppliers naman kasi na mura ang fee pero excellent ang trabaho. Feeling ko na budol pa kayo jan sis.  :-\ sorry to say pero sinamantala nila ang kabaitan ninyo.  :(

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »
Wala ako ma contribute sa thread na to but it's so interesting.. been reading the replies and they are very helpful.

My wedding is not yet done. Ang masasabi ko lang I'm glad I'm not putting much thought and budget on flowers and invitations. Yun lang muna for now ☺

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2015, 04:27:17 pm »
^agree on flowers! i watched our wedding highlights and na sad ako kasi lanta agad yung tulips ko. sayang!

gwendy730

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2015, 05:04:47 pm »
1. I wish I spent more on FOOD because I made the terrible miscalculation of my family's appetites, especially my athlete cousins so mabilis naubos yung buffet. Okay lang sana, kaso meh super late na dumating na guests, eh naubusan na tuloy, and I also made the mistake of prematurely telling the wedding staff that they can eat from the buffet too, kasi nga akala ko di na darating yung ibang guests. We ended up shelling P7000 extra after the reception to cover the extra heads.

Also, I do wish we spent extra for appetizers and hourderves. Maybe if they had been served that before dinner, di agad nauubos ang buffet :P Masarap masyado magluto yung caterer eh hahaha

2. I wish I spent less on NOTHING because I thought everything was decently priced for the quality we received.

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on MY WEDDING GOWN & ENTOURAGE CLOTHES. I wanted to wear my mom's wedding gown but she was so small :P I DID initially want a more expensive gown, but I didn't want to spend 15k on a gown I would only wear once. Plus the whole stress about fitting, I wanted to avoid that. So I opted for a divisoria RTW, which my sister (MOH) and I spruced up and it looked very elegant. Spent less than 5k, add to that meh emotional bond pa kami ng sis ko dahil sa gown :) For the entourage, I asked them that as a gift, the boys can buy/rent their own barongs and black slacks, and the girls can buy/rent whatever makes them look good and feel good so long as it's our color motif (even our parents shelled out for their own clothes, and we gave them free reign to wear something they feel and look good in). I didn't care na iba iba yung designs ng gowns, in fact made personalized and my bridesmaids all looked awesome ^_^ No awkward bridesmaid dresses!

4. I wish I never included and spent on NOTHING. We did away with all the extras like photobooths, styling, mobile bars, bridal cars etc and just got the basics. Guests were happy and we were happy :)

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2015, 07:41:13 pm »
4. I wish I never included and spent on NOTHING. We did away with all the extras like photobooths, styling, mobile bars, bridal cars etc and just got the basics. Guests were happy and we were happy :)

From the sounds of it sis gwendy730 your wedding was absolutely beautiful  :) congratulations to you and your husband!!

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2015, 10:43:18 pm »
^agree on flowers! i watched our wedding highlights and na sad ako kasi lanta agad yung tulips ko. sayang!

Yes sis, kaya hindi ako ganun ka invested sa flowers coz di rin naman magtatagal.. and yes tulips wilt quickly sis, i initially wanted white tulips for my bouquet pero I learned na madali sya malanta so hindi na lang ☺

khaleesii

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2015, 11:55:22 pm »
Sis Maxim04 di ako makapalag kasi husband ko namili ng suppliers, baka maisip nya di ako happy sa gift nyang wedding sakin. Yung gumawa ng gown ko, alam ko magaling sya e, gumagawa na sya ng gowns ng Miss Universe and mga artista. Pinagmamalaki namin sya sa lahat talaga, lalo na ako kasi nakita ko na mga gawa nya. Ewan ko talaga bakit nya ginawa yun, for sure hindi naman lack of skill.

Ang matindi pa, 2am night before wedding nagtext sya na di sya makakapunta kasi may emergency. Pero di rin sya nagpadala ng tao na tutulong sakin. Invited namin sya as guest e. Ewan ko kung may galit ba yun or ano. Labo talaga. Hahaha!

gwendy730

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2015, 05:32:01 am »
From the sounds of it sis gwendy730 your wedding was absolutely beautiful  :) congratulations to you and your husband!!

Yup, it was. Yung hiccups lang eh hindi sa supplier, but sa relatives namin LOL. Like yung tita niya making a bit of a scene kasi nag post nup photo pa kami, eh gusto na niya kumain...and my dad and uncle's cringe worthy speeches. Other than that, and a few things sa food, smooth sailing. I think the key is a positive attitude lang talaga, to not let little things faze you on the day, and to not get too obsessed with perfection and details while planning. The wedding industry is a business after all, so they will always try and sell you things that you don't really need (I now work part time in the wedding industry so I know).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:43:29 am by gwendy730 »

fidelity88

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2016, 10:50:00 am »
following this thread. back read ako later. sana maging active ulit ito specially for those graduate na sa wedding planning. :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:58:06 pm by fidelity88 »

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2016, 11:47:52 am »
^I agree! Hope more brides can contribute here. This seems like a very helpful thread. I actually enjoy photobooths (and keep most of the prints), but since it seems like most people don't really care for this, I'll probably book a cheaper one instead :)

raspberi

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2016, 12:25:21 pm »
Oh, this is nice. I'm still planning my wedding pero andami ko ng pwedeng isagot, haha.
Come April, I'll post my thoughts on our spending.

fidelity88

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2016, 01:49:08 pm »
Yes! Upon reading this thread narecall ko lahat ng booked suppliers namin and mga ibubook pa lang, if we will proceed na ba with the booking or mag-isip/canvass muna sa iba. Kasi nagworry ako bigla baka mag-over spend kami. Parang gusto ko na lang magdowngrade sa mga iba pang kailangan. O sana yung DIY pero wala talaga akong time. Hahaha. Ang dami ko biglang dilemma.

marjin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2016, 02:24:15 pm »
Chili, thank you for making this thread. its really helpful and makes me realize on what & where to splurge. Will answer this on 3Q ;)
 

ayi0119

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2016, 06:48:21 am »
On my wedding...

1. I wish I spent more on wedding rings. Eto kasi yun 'forever' na sa inyo magasawa. Yun samin kasi gift lang na supposed to be tinanggihan ko na and suggested for other gift na lang, kasi it will be so much for him kung sabihin ko exactly what we want, so kung ano yun bigay nya, we accepted it as it is. Sa ngayon, natanggal yun diamond, at mejo nagiba na yun kulay  :o so kaya gusto namin bumili ng bago... Sana initial pa lang naginvest na kami dito.

2. I wish I spent less on additional guests, people na hindi naman talaga namin close magasawa.

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on
- bridal car. Car lang ng friend ni mister. :)
- event stylist. Garden yun reception, so simpleng centerpiece lang at additional flowers, maganda na..

4. I wish I never included and spent on - wala naman. Lahat naman napakinabangan at natuwa ako.

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2016, 09:44:45 am »
contributing

I wish I spent more on coordination. I felt it was okay but my family had a lot to say.

I wish I spent less on... nothing. I was overall on budget +1% which is very important for me.

I am glad I didn't spend on bridal car, invites, Photo Booth, really expensive designer gowns and styling (except they gave me alstroemeria flowers for my bridal car =p wished they didn't put any flowers at all)

I wish I never included and spent on - buying faux bridal earrings and hairpiece - didn't use it on the day. my earrings were a gift and the hairpiece was from the hairstylist.

moana

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2016, 05:49:30 pm »
On my wedding...

1. I wish I spent more on - wala naman ako maisip na hindi ko ginastusan sa wedding. Almost lahat naman sakto sa ginusto ko.

2. I wish I spent less on - wala din, because hindi ko talaga tinipid yung expenses sa Food and Photo/Video. No regrets. Food ang di dapat mapahiya ang guests. P/V - forever memories yan.


3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on - my wedding gown, entourage dresses wedding rings, flowers, bridal car, souvenirs, cake. It's a simple and provincial wedding so less hassle mag plan saka prices dun mas cheap kesa sa Manila. Also, may ilang nag offer ng sponsorship like, cake, souvenir, mag Host at bridal car.
My wedding is more on DIY, pati planning and coordination.
Details of the wedding on my sig below. I have few tips at the end of the blog post, i hope it helps.


4. I wish I never included and spent on - wala. Kasi nung nagpa plan ako, inisip ko talaga mabuti ano ba yung sa tingin ko worth gastusan, ano yung pwede naman hindi na isama, saka I asked for ideas from friends na kinasal na, and they will tell you ano yung mga bagay na ok lang kahit wala sa wedding mo. :)


« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:12:24 pm by moana »

ellaenchanted17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2016, 06:40:30 am »
This thread is really helpful. Im a 2017 bride to be and it made me re evaluate our suppliers list. Good thing we haven't book that much yet. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2016, 10:05:58 am »
As a kuripot bride, here is mine:

1. Things I am glad I spent more on: wedding gown- decided na ko to get my gown in Divi, too glad nakita ko si Bridehouse and dun nagpatahi instead; OTD coord- mura ko sila nakuha nung wedding ko. At first di ko talaga balak kumuha ng coord pero buti nadiscover ko ang GT at nalaman ko ang pros and cons of getting one. Food-nagtake din ako ng risk dito  bilang bago lang sa industry at di ganoon ka established pa ang caterer namin pero happy ako kasi love ng lahat ang food namin and until now pag napapag usapan ang wedding, yung food and setup yung naalala nila.

2. Things I wish I spent less on: lights and sounds- inabot ng 25k ata yung lights and sound namin. Happy ako kasi maganda ang effect nya sa venue pero sana yung mas basic lang ang kinuha ko, medyo nakatipid pa ko. Mobile bar- mura naman pero nice to have lang kasi ang item nato. Nakatipid din ako kung ineliminate ko na. Though okay lang din, nag enjoy naman ang guests. Flowers- naka 15k ako for flowers na bouquet lang ng abay at sken ang kasama plus maliit na arc flowers sa entrance ni Paco.

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on- hotel rooms wedding preps-mahal din inabot pero not super mahal compared to other hotels in Manila area. Maluwag ang rooms and happy ang suppliers dahil nakakilos sila ng maayos without sacrificing yung quality ng service nila. Prep robe- 500 lang bought in a department store. I am not willing to spend 3k up for a bridal robe na once ko lang susuutin. I am glad nakakita ko ng coral satin prep robe and lace din ang linings nya so good find talaga. Prenup location- sa school lang namin so minimal ang fee and may sentimental value pa.

4. I wish I never included -none. Ok naman lahat ng suppliers ko, may mga nice to have items pero sakto lang na sinama ko kasi nagpaganda lalo sa wedding ko:)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close