Author Topic: Wedding Spending  (Read 20956 times)

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 04:08:21 pm »
Sis chili, ang ganda ng topic napakahelpful sa bride to bes! :)

Sis sparklingjewel, can you please expand kung bakit you wish na sana hindi kbyc ang caterer?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 11:02:05 pm »
I have something to add here!

I wish I spent more on our entourage designer. I tried to get someone affordable and who i thought was value for money, but THEY ended up giving up on me (my OCness), or maybe it was the designs I wanted which they couldn't deliver. So they gave me the hassle of having to search for a replacement supplier instead of being able to move on. You get what you pay for, so don't scrimp so much on things that will impact the wedding.

^sis lippiequeen i tink K by Cunanan is ok but i have tried Bizu and Cibo and they were amazing, i just think if i could afford it i would chose to have them, mas posh ang dating. K's styling is a bit underwhelming for me (walang plate chargers for everyone and decor is overused).

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 01:17:47 am »
^sis sparklingjewel i agree ang sarap sarap talaga ng bizu :) and yung food talaga ang matatandaan ng mga guests and syempre we owe it to them nadin na they went out of their way na magbihis at magpaganda for us, at least naman they will have a good time sa pagkain ng menu :)

Reynamargallo

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015, 06:04:38 am »
Im learning a lot from this thread! thanks so much!

Ang worry ko lang para sa kasal ko e masyadong simple ang set up ng venue and church. we dont plan to spend so much on floral decor. Ang worry ko e baka mapuna ng mga bisita. :( Sana wag naman.

ang iniisip ko kasi, ang matatandaan ng bisita ay ang food at ang program. Or should i spend for event stylist? thats mga 35K from our budget.

hay sana tama desisyon ko na wag mag splurge sa event stylist.

smile22

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2015, 07:21:49 am »

1. I wish I spent more on the venue and styling because wala ko ginastos sa venue and styling. hehe. this is the only little thing lang na if ever, gusto ko sanang gawin.
2. I wish I spent less on nothing because i spent less on everything. lahat ng part ng wedding budgeted :D
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on photo and video, i got superb service for a really cheap price.
4. I wish I never included and spent on nothing. :D

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2015, 10:48:36 am »
^ reynamargallo, as a guest I never really remember church decor. So don't worry too much about that. :) If you don't want to splurge on event styling, idaan mo nalang sa lights for your reception venue. Good lighting will still set the mood for your wedding. :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:43:08 pm by reese17 »

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 10:24:02 pm »
Not married yet... pero eto na realizations namin..

1. I wish I spent more on.. 'none' because we're happy with all the choices we made for the wedding... except for the items listed in #2  :)

2. I wish I spent less on:
          - church styling because the chapel is pretty enough by itself, plus we have this nagging feeling that the stylist will not be able deliver during the wedding :(
          - photobooth - 22k for a photobooth was a bit too steep :/ pero fiance really wanted this photobooth -  Even if my brother paid for the photobooth, it's just too darn expensive!

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on
       - venue styling. we're happy with the styling included in our package.
       - bridal car - will be using our own
       - entourage gowns
       - ninong souvenirs - silk ties/cufflink/kerchief sets which we got on markdown
       - ninang souvenirs - handmade/personalized clutches

4. I wish I never included and spent on the expensive photobooth!

Pero malamang this list would change once 'our day' comes! :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:46:36 am by edna_mode »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2015, 12:11:21 am »
^sis why is the photobooth so costly? =) What kind is it?

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2015, 12:21:24 am »
^curious din ako sa 23k photobooth coz ours is really cheap, P4,800 only for 3 hrs pero it was a gift from my MOH..

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2015, 12:54:42 am »
sis belle_v2g, Chili1113, sorry it's 22k pala not 23.  It's the e-guestbook photobooth by Tera Lifestyle. It's the touchscreen, interactive kind.  Guests can add icons, text messages, doodles on the pic before printing.  Guests can also record video messages for the couple.  Tapos since it's interactive, we can also upload pre-shot videos (AVPs, Save-The-Date vids) for guests to view... we can also upload the seating arragements, and other wedding information which the  guests can access sa screen. It's pretty awesome actually pero we would categorize this as a "nice-to-have" and not necessarily a non negotiable lol! :D

We do have friends however that got to experience this photobooth at their friends wedding and it's super fun daw so at least that's a good thing :-)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2015, 12:58:42 am »
^ Is it this one sis? What a high tech photo booth!! =) I am not personally fond of photo booths, but if I saw this at a wedding I would definitely line up for a pic! hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIWpsao4WiU

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2015, 01:08:39 am »
yes sis! that's the one :) we got to try it sa bridal fair and fiance and I booked it na agad :D more of an impulse booking. ahaha but again it's one of those things we wished we spent less on :-P

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 05:55:31 am »
now i feel guilty. our "photobooth" is team OSS and we spent 32k for it. i need to keep reminding myself why we booked them kasi its really quite a splurge. :p

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2015, 05:47:53 pm »
Ang mahal both Tera Lifestyle and Team OSS! Nice to have lang talaga to. We were initially awed kay OSS pero may mga flawed execution sila na wedding ha, yung halata. Plus super mahal so good thing we agreed nadin not to get it. Hindi naman usually naitatago ng guests yung mga photobooth pics they take. We splurged nalang on a better P/V for us since thats what matters more :))

Si Tera naman kakaaliw lang yung stickers and may video greeting pa but lets remember na at the end of the day it is still just a photobooth. :) I already lost the pic i took from that wedding....

28Leslie

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2015, 03:54:42 am »
On my wedding...

1. I wish I spent more time to endorse my ideas to my coordinator because I worried so much on small details (guest list, suppliers food, etc.) on the day of my wedding. lucky that the event went smoothly
2. I wish I spent less on my host, my original host backed out 3 days before the event and endorsed a new host, a little pricey because she's from a tv network. I could have found a cheaper one if I had enough time.
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on
  - big and popular Churches. We choose a small parish in our town, cost us PHP 5K only. We had unlimited time and pictorial with our friends and family inside the church. Hindi masyadong strict. closing of doors, personal vows, message from ninong/ninang, pwede lahat. :D The parish even put banderitas na same ng theme namin. so thankful
 - groom and entourage's attire, we funneled majority of the  entou budget on my gown and the ladies' HMUA (so worth it)
 - on the day photo/video, lucky me my ate has a network of photographers. The team was composed of 9 great talents, all free lancers. I paid below the market price. Feeling ko sobrang barat ko everytime napapanood ko yung SDE namin. :D
  - prenup photos - shoot was done by my ate (she's really a blessing)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:12:10 am by 28Leslie »

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 11:13:41 am »
Great idea Chili1113!

On my wedding...

1. I wish I spent more on the ice cream station because I think everyone loved it and I wish I could have made it an "unlimited ice cream station". Like open bar---but ice cream is being served instead of liquor.

2. I wish I spent less on the wedding gown.

My gown was not expensive. It was actually just 25k, but I felt I should have bought an RTW gown instead for around 10 to 12k instead. I felt that if I bought an RTW gown, I would have had less stress in waiting for it to be finished.

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on the prenup stylist (I DIY'ed the styling), bridal car (we used my mom's, new white car, no extension fee required even though we used it from 8 to 6 p.m.), photographer and videographer teams (we got newbies who turned out to be very professional), coordinator (performed very well), rings and makeup.

4. I wish I never included and spent on wedding accessories ( I made some of them while some were modified by my seamstress per my request and using additional items/elements that I bought) . Another item that I wish I did not spend on were souvenirs, sayang lang.

Since may photobooth na, parang mas ok sana yung wala nang souvenir item. Hepburn Prints (photobooth supplier) did well during our wedding and I was glad I got a more expensive photobooth supplier because the quality of hepburn prints' photos are superb. We asked them to design a 3R single-shot, single frame pictures for our wedding instead of the usual 3-4 shots in a single photo.

As much as possible, our game plan was to engage the services of upcoming suppliers and newbies in the wedding industry to lower the overall cost, except for the venue and the caterer because those are our top priorities.  I am more than satisfied with how our wedding turned out as I believe that the amount we spent is sensible enough for the kind of wedding that we want. We were also lucky because our families helped us by shouldering some of the expenses.

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2015, 09:23:43 pm »
now i feel guilty. our "photobooth" is team OSS and we spent 32k for it. i need to keep reminding myself why we booked them kasi its really quite a splurge. :p

Sis don't feel guilty! I got to try OSS in one of the weddings I attended and one of the things we liked about it is that the printed pics are huge! haha we got several photos and naka frame na lahat sa bahay.  Maganda yung output nya sis :)

Si Tera naman kakaaliw lang yung stickers and may video greeting pa but lets remember na at the end of the day it is still just a photobooth.

that is soo true sis sparklingjewel it's just a photobooth! kaya nakaka hinayang minsan :) But then again inisip na lang namin it will double as our souvenirs na plus the candy buffet of chocolate bars :)

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on the prenup stylist (I DIY'ed the styling), bridal car (we used my mom's, new white car, no extension fee required even though we used it from 8 to 6 p.m.), photographer and videographer teams (we got newbies who turned out to be very professional), coordinator (performed very well), rings and makeup.

Ako din may additional for this topic :)
3) I am glad I did not spend on getting an event stylist. Pero not because I have anything against stylists ha but because hindi bagay sa personality namin ni fiance :) we're ok with simple centerpiece plus some DIY decor. And this made me glad kase doing the DIYs brought our families closer. Nakakatuwa to see mine and fiance's family all working together and having fun doing DIYs :)

Jailalee

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2015, 10:00:49 am »
Here's mine. :)

1. I wish I spent more on our headcount kasi there were so many we couldn't invite as we were trying to cut down costs. The place could've accommodate 50 more people easy. Would've loved to have all our friends there. :(

2. I wish I spent less on my gown kasi though it was 86k lang and I know that there a LOT of more expensive gowns, it's currently sitting in a garment bag in my closet and will probably rot there. Sayang din yun, we're considering a post-nup siguro just to use it again. Or ipa-rent ko kaya after?

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on...

-photo and video: We got Ghe Consolacion for video and Wedding Campaign for photo who are mga low-mid range at best and their outputs I think are at par with the famous and much more expensive suppliers. Shoes too as I'm not a heels person, don't even know if or when I'll use it again.

-mobile bar. Our beer was enough to keep everyone happy. Mas sulit talaga.

4. I wish I never included and spent on the wedding of the century guestbook. Only 10 people filled it out. :(

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2015, 01:02:48 pm »
this thread is so helpful for bride-to-bes! i'm happy nare-reaffirm yung choice ko of getting an expensive caterer na i'm sure masarap (not as expensive as bizu though) and my choice of getting a wedding dress that's inexpensive. when i was asking for quotations nun for my wedding gown, 80-90k was the average quote from designers. my friends were telling me mura na yun but i just couldnt get myself to spend 80k on something i'll only wear once.

on the event styling naman, some are wishing they spent more, some are wishing they spent less. so i guess these responses are telling me to not go overboard with the styling and lessen the initial budget i had for it?

the feedback on photobooth is SO helpful right now kasi i'm deciding between these 2 photobooth suppliers. based on the replies here, i guess i'll go with the cheaper option nalang.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2015, 02:46:13 pm »
Chili, I really feel you on the styling haha. There are so many things I wish I could do. I know it's crazy to spend the money but I still feel a bit wistful when my florist posts amazing setups online!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close