Author Topic: Wedding Spending  (Read 21025 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Wedding Spending
« on: May 27, 2015, 08:16:19 pm »
Let's play! Fill in the blanks:

On my wedding...

1. I wish I spent more on _____________________ because ______________
2. I wish I spent less on ______________________ because ______________
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on _______________________________
4. I wish I never included and spent on ________________________

for example
1. I wish I spent more on my gown because my Divi gown supplier was a nightmare to work with.
2. I wish I spent less on my flowers/styling because the venue itself was already pretty on its own.
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on a photographer because ours was cheap and very good!
4. I wish I never included DIY menus and decor because no one even noticed them.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:22:07 pm by Chili1113 »

Reynamargallo

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 08:34:49 pm »
This is nice sis Chili!!! :)
Ito answers ko....
1. I wish I spent more on Photo and video because ito talaga ang tatak sa amin ng magiging asawa ko.

2. I wish I spent less on host because 20k is too much :(  pero importante kasi na bilingual na host. Chinese wedding kasi. I dont want the chinese guests especially the oldies to feel left out.

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on decor. di naman kasi napapansin. So kung ano ang nasa simbahan, ililipat nalang namin sa venue.

4. I wish I never included and spent on photobooth. pero ito gusto ng fiance ko.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 09:22:56 pm »
Nice! Thanks for sharing Reynamargallo. I will rethink my decor budget because of this hehe

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 09:30:05 pm »
Chili, I'll answer the first one lang ;)

1. I wish I spent more on nothing because everything is already too expensive :P

I don't want to look at my budget spreadsheet anymore! Haha

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:36:23 pm »
LOL sevenstars this made me really laugh hehe I have been avoiding looking at my budget spreadsheet too!!

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 08:50:25 am »
Our wedding is not done yet but I'm happy to answer these questions now.. :)

1. I wish I spent more on styling because our wedding is considered as a thanksgiving celebration by most of our guests. I wish I didn't underestimate our budget and inquired for the services of my top choices muna before assuming that we cannot afford them. I wish I didn't include too many members in our entourage and got all the dresses in 1 supplier para less headache too.
2. I wish I spent less on invitations and booked someone early in December so I can see their work muna and outcome because I wasted a lot of money by changing suppliers whenever I don't like them.
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on lights & sounds, host, projector, coordinators. You can find suppliers with good value and quality service without breaking the bank.
4. I wish I never included and spent on bridal accessories and other details. I got too excited and realised these things don't get noticed anyway.


shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 09:08:10 am »
1. I wish I spent more on food/caterer because ang mahal ng per head namin pero ang ordinary lang ng food. sana talaga nag KbyC nalang ako. sulit pa sana.
2. I wish I spent less on ______________________ because ______________ (wala ko maisip!hehe)
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on Nice to haves and styling. hindi naman napansin masyado sa kasal. pampaganda lang sa mata.
4. I wish I never included and spent on hindi naman never included pero sana nagspent more pa kami sa photobooth kasi hindi kami nagpa extend konti palang pala nakakapag papicture

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 09:11:04 am »
Nice one, Chili. :) Will just answer 1-3.

1. I wish I spent more on food and lounge furniture because I really want our guests to relax and enjoy the wedding! But we have to stick with a budget. Hehe.

2. I wish I spent less on HMU because there are so many other options out there. This was a impulsive booking on my part, I must admit. But I do appreciate that my HMUA is so professional, nice and responds fast! So I suppose the price I paid is worth it naman. :)

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on a photo booth, Instax booth, Instagram booth, etc.

BTW, the sister of a friend of mine just got married in Moalboal Cebu and it was so intimate and lovely. I saw the photos: good food, simple styling (but lots of lights!), small number of guests. Amazing.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:23:53 am by reese17 »

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 10:16:04 am »
Want to share mine...

1. I wish I spent more on photo and video/ catering because it brings back good memories. Kahit yata lumipas ang 10, 15, 20 years or more never mo makakalimutan yung feeling na ikinasal ka sa lalaking pinakamamahal mo. Regarding catering, heto ang isang bagay na never makakalimutan ng mga guests (pag masarap) when they attend a wedding.
2. I wish I spent less on my wedding gown because you will only wear it once.
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on invitations dahil itatapon lang naman yan after.
4. I wish I never included and spent on ALL IN ONE STRESS FREE WEDDING PACKAGE  because it gave me more STRESS and WORRIES. Good thing I have moved on and I am happily married to my ex bf now husband.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:18:03 am by imprincessfiona »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 10:36:23 am »
Thanks for sharing ladies! I am learning a lot from here, and now really re-thinking my budget. I am already beginning to see a common denominator from all the replies hehe I am glad I upgraded to a better videographer because tinitipid ko at first hehe Also fiance wants to upgrade the menu we are getting from the caterer while I want to stick with a cheaper menu. Now I will agree to the upgrade haha

joy89

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 11:08:09 am »
1. I wish I spent more on our emcee.
Actually we did not really scrimp on this. I mean, I think this is more of I wish I spent more time looking for an emcee. we just availed the first person who's available because my top choices were already booked. We did not realize that emcees get booked easily, ugh! So there, I relied on the recommendation of this emcee who turned out to be a bit boring. Buti nalang we opted for a really short program.
2. I wish I spent less on the bridal car and used our car instead. My husband was the one who booked this because he said the car is not white. Ayun sayang lang.
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on the church, venue, styling, and gowns. The church has a sentimental venue since we first met there, that's also where we hear mass every Sunday. The reception venue was just at the back of the church and the guests really appreciated the fact that they do not need to travel anymore. Styling, well, we just opted to bring in a florist for the church then have the flowers transferred to the reception venue. Then the lights enhanced everything nalang. Lastly, for the gown, well it's under our bed now because I cannot find a better place to store it.
4. I wish I never included and spent on the DIY! Stressed me so much days before the wedding! Haha!

ff_rabbit

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 11:17:05 am »
Wow, what a nice thread Chili1113  :D

1. I wish I spent more on Video because we ended up with extra budget. I went for a less expensive videographer but later on realized that we could afford someone more expensive.

(Actually maganda naman yung output, di lang maiwasan 'what ifs'. Like reese17, this was an impulsive booking also. Sis Chili1113, good move to upgrade your videographer habang maaga pa!)

2. I wish I spent less on our bridal car because it didn't arrive on time and we still had to pay the full amount. We could've just used our own. (I agree with sis joy89, sayang lang talaga.)

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on my gown because I really don't know what to do with it now. It's taking so much space in our cabinet so malamang I will have to put it in the stock room later on.

4. I wish I never included and spent on people who are not close to us because they confirmed but didn't even show up!! Lol
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:25:23 am by ff_rabbit »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 02:02:26 pm »
I love your no.4 sis ff_rabbit!! How I wish I could tell that to their faces.

angelholics

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 06:55:48 pm »
Chili, I'll answer the first one lang ;)

1. I wish I spent more on nothing because everything is already too expensive :P

I don't want to look at my budget spreadsheet anymore! Haha

hehe i sooo agree ... looking at our excel made me shook my head and say what?! almost double of our initial budget...

but just like what i've said to h2b.. mas mahirap naman umulit ng kasal kaya wag naman sobrang scrimp hehe

and if i may add

I wish we just ELOPE and come back and say we are married hehe

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 02:18:52 am »
Chili, I'll answer the first one lang ;)

1. I wish I spent more on nothing because everything is already too expensive :P

I don't want to look at my budget spreadsheet anymore! Haha


LOL. same here. at one point, h2b and I just stopped talking about the wedding. this was when our spreadsheet reached the 1M mark. took us weeks before reviewing it again and that's when we decided to cut down on other expenses.

another great topic! i love reading all your inputs. super helpful!

Redishred Correa

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 10:40:27 am »
On my wedding...

1. I wish I spent more on foods because I don't want my guests to be hungry.
2. I wish I spent less on invitation because I don't want my guests to expect much before.
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on _______________________________ (I'd never been married yet.)
4. I wish I never included and spent on ________________________ (I'd never been married yet.)

 ;D

Maple19

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 10:51:14 am »
This thread is really helpful to those na nagbabudget pa. :)


1. I wish I spent more on: a good emcee because the one recommended by our coordinator was a bit boring and walang personal touch. We met prior to the wedding to talk about the program and our couple love story. But during the wedding day, his hosting turned out generic lang. One of our friends wanted to replace him during the reception.  I really wanted a fun host pa naman.  :(

2. I wish I spent less on: my bridal gown. Don’t get me wrong, I super loooved my gown and my supplier (Ms. Bong de Ocampo), and I think the amount was reasonable (30k). But now the wedding high has died down, and nakatago lang sa cabinet ang gown, so medyo sayang. I think the simple gowns are more unique and making a comeback, so hopefully they don’t cost as much as the more intricate gowns.

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on: entourage flowers, church and reception styling (we spent 30k all-in for these. A pretty good deal considering flowers and styling are not included in both venues), bridal car (we used our own, and it wasn’t even white!), prenup props and stylist (we didn’t have any), invitations, gifts for each other during preps, candy buffet, and hair and makeup. 

4. I wish I never included and spent on: 2 of our suppliers who gave me lots and lots of headache and stress before the wedding (one who did groom’s suit and one for entourage gowns).  >:( I still feel so mad thinking about them. We replaced the tailor and for the ento gowns tiniis ko na lang at iniyakan. Because if it weren’t for them I could have focused on more important things two weeks before the wedding, and maybe even had time for some relaxation. I think they were one of the reasons why I got sick prior to the big day.

miss_coder_04

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 12:11:55 pm »
1. I wish I spent more on finding better coordinator because among my suppliers they're the only one did not do their job properly tho everything still turn out ok!
2. I wish I spent less on venue because its my most expensive cost in our wedding tho its airconditioned that helped us this summer weather ;)
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on invitations and gowns!!!
4. I wish I never included and spent on nothing since i've only planned all the wedding elements that we needed.


sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 02:28:52 pm »
Not yet done with the wedding but already have these realizations:
1. I wish I spent more on Food because this is the major thing that guests remember. Perhaps i would have gotten a more posh caterer like Bizu or Cibo instead of K by Cunanan. I also wish to have additional cocktail food because right now we dont have much!

2. I wish I spent less on my gown because 81k is still 81k! When i booked i was super happy it was under 100k as all the other quotes were 100-150k. But now i think i would have been ok with a 40k gown that i will never use again. Actually the cheaper the better haha. Not a wise investment.

3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on Invitations, Photobooth (none), Instax booth (none, and for good reason--super sama ng quality. As a guests i throw these away), Bridal Car (none), Host, Ento Gowns, Ento HMUA, souvenirs, bridal accessories, cake and DIY styling elements because these things will not make or break the wedding.

On budget, yes, i can totally relate--- i cannot imagine how we wound up spending this much when all our suppliers halos are mid-range. Hay.

chiarm

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Spending
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 03:32:49 pm »
1. I wish I spent more on OTD coordinator because ours didn't deliver well and had the gall to post against us in their FB page ato cover up their incapability.
Thank goodness the rest of our suppliers were amazing!
2. I wish I spent less on bridal car because it was just a few hours and we have our own naman. They just really wanted a white car.
3. I am glad I didn't spend so much on attire as they are really for one time use.
Also PV because we got good deals from upcoming suppliers with amazing talent!
Lastly, no florist no stylist because they were packaged with the church and caterer plus venues were beautiful enough.
Still turned out amazing and we even got featured in wedding blogs.
4. I wish I never included and spent on a lot of DIYs because I wasn't able to finish some of them. Few would be OK.

And can I add, I'm glad I spent on food (KbyC caterer) because this is what our guests appreciated even until now.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close