mga sis.. I dont mean to be a fear monger(er?) pero please be careful with your supplements.. Just because you dont have bad side effects now, doesnt mean you never will.
Apparently, NAC (a gluta supplement/gluta alternative) is linked to PAH.
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Most common symptom is SOB or shortness of breath. I experienced this before pero just tagged it as asthma. Not to mention, I recommended NAC to other girls insisting to know what I was taking.
both of them experienced shortness of breath kahit di asthmatic. I denied it and took it, and soon enough di din ako makahinga properly (like 1 or 2 days of taking)
Denial pa din ako and just discounted it to be a bad brand or bad batch (GNC ako noon before, 2nd bottle ko na try yun)..pero I bought Solgar din sa HO..di pa rin ako makahinga.. I mean, obviously I can breathe but parang I need to breathe in the middle of a sentence.
yung parang gasping? ewan ko. I googled it and apparently, there were studies na it really is linked to it.
quote:
According to new research at the University of Virginia Health System, N-acetylcysteine (NAC), an anti-oxidant commonly used in nutritional and body-building supplements, can form a red blood cell-derived molecule that makes blood vessels think they are not getting enough oxygen.
This leads to pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), a serious condition characterized by high blood pressure in the arteries that carry blood to the lungs.
"NAC fools the body into thinking that it has an oxygen shortage," said Dr. Ben Gaston, UVa Children's Hospital pediatrician and researcher who led the study. "We found that an NAC product formed by red blood cells, know as a nitrosothiol, bypasses the normal regulation of oxygen sensing. It tells the arteries in the lung to 'remodel'; they become narrow, increasing the blood pressure in the lungs and causing the right side of the heart to swell."
Source:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/09/070904175353.htmIt also thins the mucus, but you wouldnt want your stomach lining's mucus eaten too much, that's where ulcers start (from possible gastritis)
the internet is beaming with good side effects though. Not sure of the veracity, is that anecdotal, or is that proof? Are the ones who have good side effects, 1 out of 2 people, or 1 out of 10? :/
Unrelated, but I started doubting good feedback since I had tried (long ago) careprost/bimatoprost. Again, internet is beaming with good reviews, and the periorbital fat atrophy, darkening of eyelids and skin issues are overlooked -____- nobody talks aboit it!!!! WTF I noticed my eyes sinked in a little

and its still not fixed since 2013..
