Author Topic: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13  (Read 98808 times)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2015, 03:23:41 pm »
Got a message from our photographer and learned that our wedding photos are ready.. (After 1.5 mos) they'll let us choose na which one we are including na in the wedding album. I am excited!!

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #261 on: July 20, 2015, 03:29:43 pm »
Salamat Ninja.

Yes that's what I reckon of pag celebrity supplier like they do ex deal and shempre marketing.

I'll go for Mango Red since friend. Although konti Lang din discount. Haha.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2015, 04:36:40 pm »
^I vote for Mango Red! mas ok sila compare sa NP

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2015, 04:58:34 am »
@msdianne yes yes mango red is a good choice. Kahit konti discount im sure they can do a lot more for you (perks of having supplier friends) hahaha!

Goodluck sa wedding preps  :)

f878

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2015, 08:20:35 am »
Salamat Ninja.

Yes that's what I reckon of pag celebrity supplier like they do ex deal and shempre marketing.

I'll go for Mango Red since friend. Although konti Lang din discount. Haha.

oh wow sis! i love mango red!
and i agree with sis ninja8, even with the minimal discount, if kaya i-stretch ng budget, go na! i'm sure they're well worth it. :)

Juyjuy

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2015, 10:38:12 am »
reg. Nice Print, according to one of our suppliers na nakatrabaho na din nila, there was one time na umabot daw sa 20 weddings ang hinawakan ng NP for one day lang ito ha.

And tama si sis ninja, they do x-deals.


caleeice

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2015, 10:48:39 am »
Reading all these negative feedback for Niceprint is making me worry about our best man's and my bridesmaid's upcoming wedding. We don't want to dampen their spirits by sharing these info because they seem happy with them. They recently had their engagement shoot and heard no negative feedback. Ayun nga lang, they only had 1 photographer and 1 assistant. When we had our engagement shoot, we had 1 lead photographer, 2 assistant photographers and 1 driver. Anyway, I'm really hoping that turnout for them will be great.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2015, 11:37:28 am »
Yes they do Ex Deals. IMO di talaga ko nagagandahan sa gawa nila. walang wow factor. when my friend got married in 2011. 70k na sila wala pang sde.

janagirl

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2015, 12:44:19 pm »
Mango Red vs. NP?

Definitely, Mango Red! :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #269 on: July 21, 2015, 12:55:53 pm »
Agree with janagirl. MangoRed wins in MR vs NP hands down.

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2015, 01:07:57 pm »
If you are able to choose which ones do you like as your P/V? :)

Mango Red, Pat Dy or Metrophoto?

Jason Magbanua, Bob Nicolas or Mayad?

Just your thoughts...


caleeice

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2015, 01:34:48 pm »
@msdianne: You won't go wrong with any of them :)

MangoRed: They're good. I loved Gab and Tricia's engagement shoot! If I were an artsy and/or a rebel bride, I'd probably consider them. That's how they appeal to me.

Pat Dy: I'd be biased because he's our wedding photographer but he's really good!!!! Super LOVE him!!!! Just back read a little from this thread and you'll find several comments about him.

Metrophoto: Their photos are gorgeous. If you like editorial-ish type of photos, I think they're one of the best in this category.

Jason Magbanua: Again, I'd be biased hehe, but I also love him!! He's a great visionary and a moving story teller. He doesn't just shoot videos, but he captures moments, weaves every little piece together and tells the story.

Bob Nicolas: His videos are also great! I love his slow mo shots. He's the second one on my list. (although non-nego ko talaga si JMag hehe)

Mayad: They're good, but they don't appeal to me as much as Jason's and Bob's. But that's a personal preference. Pero it seems like they're expanding --- which can be both a good and a bad thing. Good because they get to reach out to more couples, bad because I'm not sure if they can maintain the quality.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:37:12 pm by caleeice »

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2015, 02:18:21 pm »
Awwww Caleeice! Thank you! Thank you! That all answers all the queries and doubts In my mind! Infairness best in review ka! Inisa isa mo talaga! I love it! You're such an angel :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2015, 02:29:41 pm »
Just paying it forward sis. ;D If you will read previous posts in this thread, you will see how much GT ladies have helped me when I had a problem less than 2 weeks before the wedding :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2015, 04:24:10 pm »
That's a very concise opinion sis caleeice. :) i remember that situation of yours before the wedding, i felt your stress but everything worked well and that's the best thing about it. :)
I agree, msdianne, all the PVs you cited are nonetheless, the best suppliers i could think of.  Personally, i'd choose bob nicolas, paired with pat dy or metrophoto. :)

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2015, 05:30:50 pm »
^true sis, those are the best suppliers.. for me, I'd choose Pat Dy and Jason M.  But lately, I'm liking Bob's vids din.. So Jason M  or Bob :)

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #276 on: July 22, 2015, 04:05:03 pm »
@msdianne I agree with caleeice!

Mango red  has that artsy fartsy vibe which is good because you can never imagine you could pull off those poses they ask you to do.

Pat Dy and Jason Magbanua are the top ones in the industry. They both have unique apporaches when it comes to work and a whooping 400k to actually get them too. Hahaha! Pat Dy is really nice.

Jason Magbanua: He is good.He has his own style of telling a story some of his vids are great, some not so. Parang pili.

Bob Nicolas: He is my favorite and for me the best! If you want your wedding film to be heartfelt then he is the one. Unlike other videographers, hes gets tha main frames of your emotions then puts it in 5 second clip then combine altogether. He is very down to earth as in. You wont really notice that he works kase parnag ordinary lang siyang tao who goes around with his camera. And he is very shy.I lost him in December so I got his brother instead. Notion in Motion same style heartfelt too.

Metrophoto: HA! Oly likes editorial poses. Some say hes mayabang and bossy when he shoots

(chismis) Toni originally got Pat Dy instead of Metrophoto for her wedding. However Pat Dy has a  confirmed wedding too and promised Toni she'll shoot her engagement instead. Metrophoto comes n the way and releases "the official" photos of Toni. Yeah sure he has them but he was never the first option.

Mayad: hmm.... Mayad has a different approach. they do direct you and film you for more than an hour. Very predictable actions for the bride..running towards the camera, holding her face, running her fingers towards the curtains and a lot of forced candid laughter (sometimes doesnt even look surreal)..the list goes on. I was part of an entourage for a couple who got Mayad and boy I did perspire! I had to walk and run and laugh na as if tawang tawa ako and it looked fake for the entire entourage girls. hahaha  As in tawa ganyan ganon pak! mowdeling! They require a separate time for fliming so if it doesnt bother you to keep your guests waiting then okay lang siguro.

 I strongly suggest that you do set a meeting with them first kase youll most likely get the feel if you will be comfortable with them shooting you. Some kase they will have a vibe that is very likeable and will make you feel at ease.


ninja8

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #277 on: July 22, 2015, 04:16:13 pm »
@juyjuy Omgoodness 20 events in a day!!San galing ang mga photographers niyan? Sa lahat ng branches ng Great Image??? Usually standard for them is one event in a day ah or 2 if they have a Team B. The owner of Nice Print is I think that family that owns Konica express.

@caleeice My friend got them too and they were okay lang pero ang cover photo ng friend namen is the photo that my friend took. Not the nice print one. hehe! Di sguro nila satisfied masyado.

karenmaechua

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #278 on: July 22, 2015, 11:43:06 pm »
Hi sis, I think it will depend on the style that you want because those suppliers are all good but they have different styles. For me, here are my observations:

MangoRed - artsy, very modern and out of the box approach. If Lito Sy is the traditional approach, Mango Red is the super modern approach. Hehe.

Pat Dy - a mix of traditional and fashion. I like how he finds the good angle of people.

MetroPhoto - Editorial and modern approach.  Though I'm not into the style of super arte shots because that's not my personality. His shots are mostly arte poses and not the love love type. Hehe. But if you're the type who wants to feel like a model on your big day, I think he's the one.

Jason Magbanua - I love jason's style during 2010-2013 but I don't know why I feel that his work has changed since then. There are still a lot of videos that I love but I feel that his work now is a hit or miss.

Bob Nicolas - OMG, I'm a big fan of Bob!! He's work is really impressive. And from what my friends told me, during their wedding, Bob's team was just there quietly capturing moments then you would be surprised by the output. All I can say is his work is superb.

Mayad - you will do a lot of acting. Hehe. That's what my friend who got married got into when she booked mayad. Haha! The output is nice but I want more real emotions rather than staged ones. (This is just me. Hehe)

For my personal choice, it's Pat Dy and Bob Nicolas!  ;)

If you are able to choose which ones do you like as your P/V? :)

Mango Red, Pat Dy or Metrophoto?

Jason Magbanua, Bob Nicolas or Mayad?

Just your thoughts...

MrsDairo

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 13
« Reply #279 on: July 22, 2015, 11:56:13 pm »
try niyo pixiedream by jc and abbey magaling sila at very affordable price

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close