watch now

Author Topic: De La Salle canlubang right on earthquake fault zone!  (Read 2612 times)

Momsie Henny

  • Guest
De La Salle canlubang right on earthquake fault zone!
« on: May 19, 2015, 03:58:08 pm »
hi mommies, 

i have two kids, a girl and a boy one year apart.  we recently relocated to laguna due to my hubby's work and were staying sa laguna bel-air.  my kids passed and were accepted at laguna bel-air school and dlsu canlubang campus both science schools.  we are bent on sending our kids to la salle,  however yesterday was it phivolcs which issued a map online of the earthquake fault line, we saw that la salle sits on top of the faultline itself.  my husband started asking around from neighbors and confirmed indeed that la salle canlubang is on the faultline.  he said that la salle is aware of this and is usually holding drills.  much as we want to send our kids to la salle, we are worried about the situation.  specially that earthquakes are happening frequently.  we cannot take chances. 

mommies, is it ok to take a risk and send our kids to a school sitting on a faultline and just pray that the earthquake will not happen?  or just send our kids to a school nearer our house, away from the faultline for our peace of mind?  this is bothering me since last night.  la salle is the best science school pa naman in this area.  thank you for your opinions mommies.


thebratinella

  • Guest
Re: De La Salle canlubang right on earthquake fault zone!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 12:14:58 pm »
I understand how you feel. I suggest to go to another school for your peace of mind. My daughter will attend the kinder 2 class in a school in Silang, Cavite next month and we found out that Silang is part of the earthquake fault line though the barangays directly on top are Carmen and Inchican. My daughter's school is on the other side so I am getting a little comfort out of that thought but still we can't discount the danger because in a lot of cases, even buildings far away from the fault line got heavily damaged before. The school conducts earthquake drills as I was informed and they've checked the structure. I got a little paranoid because I was in a building when the July 1990 earthquake happened. It left me traumatized. I'm just praying that if the earthquake should happen, we're all together at home.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close