watch now

Author Topic: Moving out of my parent's house  (Read 1929 times)

purpleice

  • Guest
Moving out of my parent's house
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:57:04 am »
Hi sisses! I hope nagpopost ako sa tamang section :)

Anyway, here are some of my questions:

-How old are you when you moved out of your parent's house?
-How much savings do you have/or what is the recommended amount that you need before you move out of your parent's house?

Napag-iisipan ko na kasing bumukod. I know hindi ganun ka-common sa culture ng pinoy na bumukod sa bahay ng magulang unless mag-aasawa na (yung iba nga ayaw pa bumukod kahit may asawa o anak na) *oops, wala akong issue sa mga ganun ang set-up*

I'm 21 at 1 year palang after kong grumaduate ng college. Sa ngayon may stable job at sidelines naman ako na napagkukunan ko ng steady income. Given na kumikuta na ako, napag-iisipan ko na ang mag-ipon para maka-bukod na. Kaso, hindi ko rin gaanong sure kung magkano ba dapat ang ipon bago bumukod. Baka matagalan pa bago to matuloy, pero ito ang priority ko sa ngayon na pinag-iipunan. Gusto ko kasi makabili ng sariling bahay instead na mag-renta once na bumukod na ako. Sana may mga sisses dito na puedeng mag-share ng experience nila. Salamat :)

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Moving out of my parent's house
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 02:41:47 pm »
Age isn't the determinant -- there are those who are not even 20 & move out, and don't bungle their lives.
Meron naman, sabi mo nga, may asawa at anak pa -- still living with parents.

Why don't you look at the houses, townhouses and condos for sale WHERE you desire to live.
You will get a good idea of the required equity and monthly payments. And the monthly dues, add the real estate taxes and insurance premium (and annual pest control treatments) too.
 Then add your current expenses plus the freebies you get from your parents:  food, maid service, utilities, etc.
There, add 20percent contingency, add at least 20percent savings -- that should give you a good estimate versus your current salary and sidelines.

Living in with parents beyond graduation is a good strategy if you will be able to save more or focus more (thereby earn more).  The Chinese generally prefer to live with parents even when they have young children already coz they focus on building up a business instead of working to pay off a mortgage.  The plus side too is that generally, they enjoy free board and lodging -- the works. 

sarsingkit

  • Guest
Re: Moving out of my parent's house
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 11:51:57 pm »
I am from the province and studied in Quezon City for college so 16 ako nun when I moved pero syempre I get support from parents with everything. When I graduated, I still received support for 2 more months until I as able to secure a job. And yun na, hindi na ako umuwi for good. I rented a house with 4 other girls on the first few years. Tapos at 25 or 26 siguro ako, I rented a small condo na on my own. I was planning to buy a house kaso things have changed and I moved overseas.

Hindi naman malaki savings ko, mga 3 months worth of salary lang ang meron ako when I moved out on my own but I have a stable job and was able to pay the rent and other necessities. I do not have a car at that time so siguro less gastos. I was more concerned of the effort into "managing" a household than the expenses. Kasi pwede ka naman magtipid kung gusto mo talaga. Pero yung ikaw lahat ang chores, medyo nakakapagod. Unless you want to hire househelp kahit once a week. But for me, nakakapagod nga but that is one of the joys too of living by myself. Kaya when I moved overseas, no sweat na kasi dito wala naman maid.

Good luck sayo! Here, basta nakagraduate na from HS which is 18 sila, ine-encourage na mag hanap ng sarili nilang place. Kaya both boys and girls, know how to do laundry, cook, do yardwork, simple repair sa bahay, etc.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close