Author Topic: 2016 Bride (Part 2)  (Read 85479 times)

dianegarcia143

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #300 on: June 22, 2015, 04:32:44 pm »
wow..thanks ha! ngayon lang kasi ako nag ka time kaya gumawa nako ng account :)

pinksailor10

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #301 on: June 23, 2015, 01:36:41 am »
Present for 2016 Bride! Medyo bago pa lang din po ako and reading the posts here in GT really help me/us. I got Imbitado Events and also Ayie as our host. They have good reviews wherein dito ko din nakuha so naconvince ko si h2b.  hehe.  April 2016 kami and so far, meron na kaming church, reception, caterer, OTD, p/v, invitations, bridal gown, wedding bands and photobooth. :)
Any recommendations or suggestions sa wedding singer/string quartet? yung medyo mura lang sana. tee hee!. I'm planning to DIY din our souvenirs para my personal touch din. Any suggestion?   :)
Thanks in advance!

mhaymhay0519

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #302 on: June 23, 2015, 09:06:49 am »
hello mga sis. im just new here, pero matagal nako lurker :) May 15, 2016 wedding ko. booked na major suppliers pero dami pako kulang. sana matulungan niyo ko sa paghahanap. thank you :)
Welcome here sis dianegarcia143. I'm a lurker lang din before and since next year na wedding ko nag register na ako here and dami ko ng nalaman at natutunan sa mga sisses natin for my weddign preps :)

rienny25

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #303 on: June 23, 2015, 09:14:37 am »
Hi sis dianegarcia143, backread ka din :)  You'll learn a lot from previous posts here :) 

Musta preps mga sis?  My BM has just booked Dragon fireworks over the weekend.  Siya pinapunta ko sa Bridal fair.  We were meant to book Starbucks too but the vouchers they're giving us as freebie will expire in December.  Eh hindi naman namin magagamit yun for our wedding next year and hindi din namin magagamit this year because we're based overseas.  Almost complete na kame and minor details na lang kulang. 

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #304 on: June 23, 2015, 10:23:50 am »
welcome to the thread sissies! just backread and comments here are a big help talaga. relatively new din ako here, been active for a few months palang.

sis rightback, what hotel are you eyeing? when will you book? i called oakwood and they don't have rates pa raw for feb 2016. pero one of the sissies here said she booked na raw for rooms in oakwood and she's a feb 2016 bride as well. they have a promo now for a one room deluxe 7k lang ata but it's not available na raw for feb. i'm thinking i'll book in november? too late na ba yun?

rightback

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #305 on: June 23, 2015, 11:16:26 am »
sis barbeecue we'll book diamond hotel since our church is in manila area. we didn't have much choice with hotel since day before the wedding yung black nazarene so out na kaagad from our choices ang manila hotel and others in Intramuros.

maybe you can do an ocular in Oakwood? With Diamon we can book na now so we can lock in the rates before the year ends. Baka applicable din sa Oakwood hopefully. I suggest you book early since Feb is part ng peak plus there are "holidays" so baka madami mag staycation.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #306 on: June 23, 2015, 11:33:48 am »
sis rightback, what hotel are you eyeing? when will you book? i called oakwood and they don't have rates pa raw for feb 2016. pero one of the sissies here said she booked na raw for rooms in oakwood and she's a feb 2016 bride as well. they have a promo now for a one room deluxe 7k lang ata but it's not available na raw for feb. i'm thinking i'll book in november? too late na ba yun?

Sis, we booked rooms for our June 2015 wedding in September 2014. We used vouchers that we got from our membership. I can't recall if they already have rates for June 2015 at that time. If I remember correctly, I think they already have the regular rates, and what they don't have are the discounted/promo rates. :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #307 on: June 23, 2015, 02:41:04 pm »
Sis barbeecue 10k na lang bond fee ni glass? Kase sakin 15k ang hiningi. Dun narin binawas ang 8k electrical charge then nakuha ko 7k balance 4 days after.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #308 on: June 23, 2015, 02:43:24 pm »
sis Belle_v2g!! Guess what your invitation was on display in the bridal fair by Ever Engraving! I recognized it from seeing it on your SDE. Sis, Sweetscapes did the design layout right? Are they easy to work with? Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:04:19 pm by Chili1113 »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #309 on: June 23, 2015, 02:55:49 pm »
Seriously sis chili?? Omg.. dinisplay pala nila yung humongous, ipad-sized invite ko na kinakantyawan ng mother ko haha!

Leann of Sweetscapes is super easy to transact with.. the final draft is the 2nd design she did for me (because of Ever Engraving's request) --and she did it overnight only "for free" kase she knew how stressed i am with moki gray, concepts & tech and printcafe.. the original draft kase is a gray colored invite with blush wordings.. it won't work daw with dry embossing kaya pinaiba ko nalang ang colors.. she did it without reklamo and not even asking for extra payment.

sometimes she won't reply agad agad, but then when she emails back naman, your request is done na pala. :)

Package is worth P1,500 including our wedding logo.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #310 on: June 23, 2015, 03:09:13 pm »
Yes sis belle_v2g! Nice the layout of your invitation! I remembered you recommended Sweetscapes na before to me, but I only got to see their designs on FB which was a bit too floral and colorful for my taste. But when I saw your layout, ang ganda-- simple and elegant but obviously done by a graphic designer too.

She increased prices already though hehe... But ok  lang. I already have a monogram design but need her to digitize it so that it can be used to dry emboss our envelopes. Then super simple layout lang invitation layout for me. Thanks for the feedback sis!!

Good thing I asked you about it! I better tell pala Leann when we start designing that it needs to be done with the file requirements needed by Ever Engraving. Thanks sis!

juwie

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #311 on: June 23, 2015, 03:19:18 pm »
Sis barbeecue 10k na lang bond fee ni glass? Kase sakin 15k ang hiningi. Dun narin binawas ang 8k electrical charge then nakuha ko 7k balance 4 days after.

Sis belle magkaiba yung 15k security fee ng GG at yung 10k bond fee kapag non-accredited caterer.. both refundable. ☺

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #312 on: June 23, 2015, 03:26:15 pm »
..and may instructions si ever engraving on their website too regarding their file requirement. :) the design by the way is a printsonalities-inspired layout I found from browsing..then i sent some screenshots too from pinterest. She got the design i wanted on her very first attempt. galing lang! She also did sis caleeice's std cards.

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #313 on: June 23, 2015, 03:43:56 pm »
Sis barbeecue 10k na lang bond fee ni glass? Kase sakin 15k ang hiningi. Dun narin binawas ang 8k electrical charge then nakuha ko 7k balance 4 days after.

sis i got a non-accredited caterer. so aside from the 15k bond fee for venue, i'll have another 10k bond fee for non-accredited caterer (different from the 30k non-accredited caterer fee).

maybe you can do an ocular in Oakwood? With Diamon we can book na now so we can lock in the rates before the year ends. Baka applicable din sa Oakwood hopefully. I suggest you book early since Feb is part ng peak plus there are "holidays" so baka madami mag staycation.

Sis, we booked rooms for our June 2015 wedding in September 2014. We used vouchers that we got from our membership. I can't recall if they already have rates for June 2015 at that time. If I remember correctly, I think they already have the regular rates, and what they don't have are the discounted/promo rates. :)

i didn't know brides were booking hotels for preps so early! yikes i have to start looking asap na talaga. thanks for the heads up sissies! :)

mommysweet

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #314 on: June 23, 2015, 04:09:14 pm »
MAG-INGAT KAYO SA WEDDING COORDINATOR NA ITO !!!!
Mga Sis, Planning our wedding is the most important part being a bride. Pero ingat lang po tayo sa pag source ng mga suppliers natin, Let me share to you what I encounter when I was preparing for my wedding few years ago. Hindi naman sobrang tagal yun but I surely remember. I saw this ads at Sulit.com before, Wedding coordinator and they have complete wedding package na. I imediately contacted the owner, her name is Chen. The name of her company is Red carpet events ph, Since my husband and I are both outside the country (we are working abroad), I want to make sure about the detalye of her package, I started asking her about the venue and the caterer, she sent me pictures so i got excited on the picture she sent me. I asked her where her office is located, she told me no formal office yet. So i figure out i can ask my cousin to go her house to pay na lang. I asked her kung setup ng caterer niya yung pinadala niya, she said YES, in fact she told me that the caterer would allow us all tiffany chairs on the setup if I book before certain date. My friend from the philippines told me that she will check the company background first, but i insisted on my cousin to book the package at once since I cannot call her or meet her, i decided to ask my cousin to deposit through bank the downpayment, so red carpet can start working. Since my auntie (mom of my cousin) is the one who will help us/sponsoring. Then my cousin had deposited total of P10,000 to Red Carpet Events PH account c/o Maam Chen. When I emailed her, she replied that she can no longer handle my wedding, because her lola daw got sick and she have to look after her in the hospital. Ang galing naman ng palusot niya, siguro nung mabubuko na siya, nagback out that's why she told me that, she doesn't have the experience in that field. Nagdudunong-dunungan lang sa coordination. She even placed in her page she established her business since 2010, WOW ha... 2013 nung nagdeal kami, wala siyang pictures kungdi mukhang grabs lang niya sa internet. When I asked saan ang venue na yun sa picture na ipinadala niya, she told me it's in Intramuros but the truth is the venue is in Glass Garden. see??? dun pa lang she's lying, after ilang years, wala na siya sa Sulit, but I saw her sa facebook na and she changed her name sa RED CARPET EVENTS BY CHILL. She even posted meeting with her clients, of course sa mga public places niya minimeet, like yung gusto niya gawin sa amin. Hindi ko na nakuha yung deposited ng cousin ko, So I just looked for other coordinator that time, She even posted "We're Registered", showing her DTI registration. HAY ! huwag kayo magpaloko sa ganyan, ni hindi nga niya mapapunta clients niya sa office niya, kasi there's no exisiting office. Kaya kayong mga brides to be, it is better ask for necessary business papers before dealing with suppliers online. Ingat kayo... Deal only with legit suppliers so you will not feel sorry on your wedding day

shrek250190

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #315 on: June 23, 2015, 06:25:58 pm »
Hi sis chili1113.  Lean is so good.  ang gaan din nya kausap sa text.  She also do our invitation layout / save the date and monogram.  gaya ni sis belle_v2g nakuha din nya agad yung gusto naming design sa 1st attempt.  may konting revision lang pero konting konti lang.  two thumbs up for sweetscapes. :-)

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #316 on: June 23, 2015, 06:59:12 pm »
Sisses shrek250190, chili1113 and belle_v2g, confirm ko lang with you na Sweetscapes does invitation & stationery design and no printing?

Nagkakandarapa ako now with Pinterest to design my own invites etc but if super reasonable lang rates nila like sis belle_v2g said I might as well outsource and save my brain cells the trouble! haha

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #317 on: June 23, 2015, 07:09:11 pm »
sis juwie and barbeecue.. thanks for clarifying.. :) daming charges ano? :) impt refundable naman.. :)

sis anneshirley, yes sis, purely designing but she does know someone who can print para di kana mahirapan at matoxic si brain cells :D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #318 on: June 23, 2015, 07:25:38 pm »
anneshirley: Sweetscapes has a whole bunch of designing services from invitation suite, to mongrams, menu etc. She also has a package that includes design and printing, but I think this is just offset/flat printing. In my case, I already booked an supplier for letterpress printed invitations, but they have very limited designs and they do not really have a graphic designer who can come up with different styles. That's why I plan to have my invitation designed by sweetscapes instead.

marchbridetobe

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #319 on: June 24, 2015, 10:28:49 am »
Hello sissies! malapit na matapos ang 1st sem ng 2015, palapit na ng palapit ang big day nating mga 2016 brides! waaa. :o :) naisip ko lang, presidential election nga pala next year, di naman siguro masyado or di naman makaka affect yun di ba? wala lang napaisip lang ako. hehe.

may tanong din pala ako sa mga sissies dito na civilly married na before nag church wedding, totoo ba na pag married na civilly, di na kailangang umattend ng mga seminars sa church?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close