Author Topic: DIY Literary Wedding  (Read 1970 times)

agathakristie08

  • Guest
DIY Literary Wedding
« on: April 15, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »
Hello,

I am newly-engaged but the wedding's set in less than a year (January 2016)! I work full-time but I'd like to believe a themed wedding is possible even without a coordinator (tight budget din kasi!). Since my H2B and I love books, poetry & literature, I am dying to have a literary-themed wedding. :) Anybody here who has done that or something similar? Any tips?

reese17

  • Guest
Re: DIY Literary Wedding
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 04:06:06 pm »
Congratulations on your engagement! :)

I love books also and was thinking of using them as centerpieces for my reception plus a library-themed backdrop similar to what Saab Magalona had for her wedding. One of the stylists I was considering then warned me that guests may end up taking the centerpiece books home so I would just caution you if ever you decide to do that. :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 04:36:32 pm by reese17 »

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: DIY Literary Wedding
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 04:19:04 pm »
...guests may end up taking the centerpiece books home so I would just caution you if ever you decide to do that. :)

when i was thinking of a theme for our wedding, i wanted to do that too because my husband loves books! he loves them as much as I love clothes. hehe. i love to read also but not as passionate as he is. so i wanted sana to honor him and his passion for books but decided not to push through with it because of the same fear that our guests might take our books home as souvenirs. so sabi ko wag na lang... but if you will push through with your plan sis, it is an inexpensive theme and a very nice way to show your collections. maybe you can add a frame with a nicely phrased note saying that the books are personal properties of the couple and aere for display purposes only, or something like that...

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Literary Wedding
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 04:42:26 pm »
we are incorporating our love of books by displaying our favorite love quotes from books as part of the table centerpiece. we'll also use our old encyclopedia set and use them as the cake holder for the individual cakes on each table :-)
another way to do it is to choose a particular book that you both like and use that as yor wedding theme. my highschool classmate used game of thrones as their wedding theme and they incorporated it in the overall feel of their wedding ^_^

LingMVL

  • Guest
Re: DIY Literary Wedding
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 09:38:47 pm »
I am newly-engaged but the wedding's set in less than a year (January 2016)! I work full-time but I'd like to believe a themed wedding is possible even without a coordinator (tight budget din kasi!). Since my H2B and I love books, poetry & literature, I am dying to have a literary-themed wedding. :) Anybody here who has done that or something similar? Any tips?

Aw, sana ako rin but my h2b is not at all into books. Had so many ideas about a literary-themed wedding too! Depending on your budget, you can buy used books or discounted books (for as low as P10 each) and not worry about your guests taking them. You can also donate the book centrepieces to a public library if you don't wish to keep them after - children's books would be really good for this.

Or you can have pages or the cover of your favorite book framed as a centrepiece. Pwede ring mock up lang so you don't have to destroy an actual book, or use a really old and torn-up copy.

If you have several favorite books, you can get quotes and have them framed.

Another option is to focus solely on an author, genre, or specific book series. Then just choose how far you'll incorporate this in the styling of your wedding.

Check out Book Riot and Pinterest for ideas. Ang dami kong nakita dun. So jealous! :)

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: DIY Literary Wedding
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 06:26:09 am »
Hi! I know this might aound off topic pero fiance and i wanted a literary-themed engagement shoot.. could you recommend libraries around the metro that are photogenic? Actually, what we had in mind was a library and/or coffe shop engagement shoot. We don't want the holding-hands-while-walking or run-the-hundred-meter-dash kind of thing.. It's also where we started as a couple, studying at coffe shops.. 😉 So if you know any library and coffe shop that are quaint and all that, it will be very much appreciated.

LingMVL

  • Guest
Re: DIY Literary Wedding
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 12:00:22 pm »
There's this library cafe in Maginhawa St., QC called Cool Beans, but it's really small. I think there might be others along the same street.

Cafes have several different looks and feel to them. Could you be more specific about what you're looking for?

Although, naisip ko lang…pwede kaya sa Fully Booked? :) I've always loved the way their stores designed, much warmer and more inviting than National Book Store. You can try their branch in High Street in BGC :)

ileina

  • Guest
Re: DIY Literary Wedding
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 01:33:40 am »
To OP: Are you having a religious wedding sis? My hubby and I are already married via civil wedding but we're having a garden ceremony. Our officiant is flexible so we picked the ceremony readings off our favorite poems and quotes. It's a good spin to your usual ceremonies. Just a suggestion ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close