Author Topic: Your 1st home after the wedding  (Read 5980 times)

barbillie

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 05:47:10 pm »
^congrats again fionaapple.

Anayways, we decided to move out from in-law's house. We're currently renting at QC while waiting for the turn-over of our unit. We bought a 2-br unit in makati and we're excited na to live in it, especially buying furniture and decorating it as it pleases me. :)

Pag kayong dalawa na lang ni Hubby sa house, dun mo pala talaga mararamdaman na may-asawa ka na. Unlike when we're still living with parents, someone cooks for us and do the chores. Laundry lang ang ginagawa ko kasi gusto ko personally ako mag-handle ng clothes ni hubby.

When we moved out, hala, eto na. Ako na lahat. Groceries, budget, bills. Ang hirap mag-isap ng food araw-araw! Hahaha, dapat creative! Pero happy ako kasi most of the time, I decided na for our welfare. Unlike when before, we always have to consider [textspeak!] mga housemates namin.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 06:32:57 pm »
Congratulations sis fionaapple! :) I'd love to have twins too.. pero dapat girl and boy na agad hehe! :)

It's true na mahirap pag kayo na lang.. you'll have to adjust and you'll discover more things about yourselves habang tumatagal.

120515

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 06:38:36 pm »
my husband and i are creatures of habit, we already have a set menu every week ;D so far we haven't grown tired of the dishes we eat...i do look forward to getting a chance to finally decorate our own home but that's still a few years down the road...everyone who already has or will be moving into their own homes soon are so blessed :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 09:51:38 pm »
Even if our house is only 1 bedroom small, I really enjoy decorating our home-to-be! I'm actually more excited about this now than wedding preps. Haha. When we were fixing our registry, I'm swooning over pillows and beddings as well! But I'm also looking forward to building our own home which is bigger so our future kids will have their own rooms too. We're aiming to do this in 7 to 8 years. I hope our timeline is realistic enough. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 10:53:23 pm »
caleeice Me tooooo!! Ive stopped looking a wedding stuff and Ive been obsessing over fixing the townhouse. LOL Decorating is my 1st love also as I studied interior design and used to work it a design firm.

I am kinda happy that I am obsessing over fixing our place because I get to practice more self control over our wedding expenses. Goodbye letterpress invitations!! I would rather use the money to buy a set of quality bed sheets LOL

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 07:31:47 am »
Congratulations sis fionaapple! :) I'd love to have twins too.. pero dapat girl and boy na agad hehe! :)

It's true na mahirap pag kayo na lang.. you'll have to adjust and you'll discover more things about yourselves habang tumatagal.

salamat belle_v2g! sobrang excited na kami sa next ultrasound para malaman kung natutuloy ba yung twins ko. and sabi nga pala ng sonologist, may chance na fraternal sila, so pwedeng boy and girl.:) pero kung anuman yung baby/babies ko, gusto ko pa rin.

^congrats again fionaapple.

Anayways, we decided to move out from in-law's house. We're currently renting at QC while waiting for the turn-over of our unit. We bought a 2-br unit in makati and we're excited na to live in it, especially buying furniture and decorating it as it pleases me. :)

Pag kayong dalawa na lang ni Hubby sa house, dun mo pala talaga mararamdaman na may-asawa ka na. Unlike when we're still living with parents, someone cooks for us and do the chores. Laundry lang ang ginagawa ko kasi gusto ko personally ako mag-handle ng clothes ni hubby.

When we moved out, hala, eto na. Ako na lahat. Groceries, budget, bills. Ang hirap mag-isap ng food araw-araw! Hahaha, dapat creative! Pero happy ako kasi most of the time, I decided na for our welfare. Unlike when before, we always have to consider [textspeak!] mga housemates namin.

salamat barbillie! kinabahan ako pero excited pa rin.:) since my mom will be staying with us, medyo bihira lang siguro ako magluluto. my mom cooks well kasi. pero groceries, budget and bills, kaya ko naman yun kasi nung dalawa lang kami ng mom ko, ako mostly nagaasikaso ng payment ng bills kasi makakalimutin siya. :)






belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 08:29:28 am »
^exciting yan sis sobra!! :) I don't mind having twins or a daughter sana. Naghahanap na rin kasi ng kapatid ang anak namin. But not until siguro kapag nakalipat kami sa new house and kapag nandito narin parents ko. Mahal kasi ang child care dito kaya parents ko ang prefer namin mag alaga if ever. Grabe another exciting journey for you sis fionaapple! ! :) look after yourself. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2015, 03:21:17 am »
Change of plans! I am no longer going to move into a townhouse after getting married =) Instead I will be moving to a condo in Makati CBD. Yay!! I really was hoping to move to the condo instead of the townhouse we were planning to stay in. I guess it is because I am more familiar with the neighborhood. Plus each bedroom has its own bathroom... sooooo no sharing needed!

Very excited to start fixing the place early next year after the current tenant vacates the unit. Thank God I don't nearly feel as anxious anymore about moving out after getting married. I am so grateful and happy.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:14:25 pm by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2015, 09:51:04 pm »
Omg Chili1113 im familiar with Palm Village, and i've been there a few times since my boss lives there. Hahaha! So that's where you decided to live!

Kami naman when we started wedding talks i asked fiance if he wanted to scout for an affordable condo around the area where we both lived for 20+ years (he moved away na to a village while i still live here), but he didn't want to invest in a small affordable home that we would only outgrow when we have kids. Saka bilang his family is in real estate, ayaw nya pumili ng mura na pangit yung resale value hehe. So actually it is a huge blessing for us that we are moving into his old home (the one they left when he was in college, and is currently being rented out) which is just literally a 3-5 min walk from my house where my mom will be living alone. Kaya rin kahit nahihiya ako initially to be getting a home easy, i accepted the offer to stay there to be close to my mom who is almost 70. We are still open to taking her in should she need help pero di pa namin nadiscuss sa kanya, i dont think she wants to leave our home for 27 years too. Makakahinga wallets namin as we only have to pay for the monthly dues (~12-15k) instead of buying our own but we do plan to spend on renovations since 8 yrs na rin since it was last renovated. No plans pa on whether we will transfer to our own home after x years since the condo is 3-BR and will be big enough for when we have kids. It offers a very nice environment where my fiance and countless cousins and friends of his grew up. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2015, 11:09:44 pm »
^sparklingjewel: hehe no I gave up na the townhouse and decided to stay in a Makati CBD condo since I am more at home there. Its my bro who will stay in in the townhouse after he gets married in December. =) 

So cheers to both of us who will be living in a condo with our hubbies hehe!!! It took a while for me to convince h2b to stay in the condo. He wanted to really rent out of procure a house on our own. But just like your H2B I was discouraging him from getting a property for the sake of it, in a so-so location that might not be a great investment.

So we agreed to stay in a condo for the next 5-8 years. Until we can start planning and saving for a house that we will both be comfy to really grow old in.

Youre lucky that your mom lives so near. If ever she wants to stay in her own place, you can always walk over to her place and check up on her. Or if she does agree to move in with you guys, you have more than enough space in your 3BR for her =)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:19:43 pm by Chili1113 »

prettygretchen

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2015, 11:46:03 pm »
My first home was my mom's. For 2 years we lived there husband, me and my son. Used my kuya's room, shared bills etc. and eventually nag ka tension between me and my elder sis so we decided to rent out an apartment within the village, now running 1 year and 5 months na kami sa apartment. Thank God we found the house we want to buy and praying for enough finances pa. unteng PUSH na lang.

Mas okay talaga hiwalay sa kahit anong side ng family. May masasabi at masasabi parin no matter what.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2015, 01:31:41 am »
So we agreed to stay in a condo for the next 5-8 years. Until we can start planning and saving for a house that we will both be comfy to really grow old in.

Youre lucky that your mom lives so near. If ever she wants to stay in her own place, you can always walk over to her place and check up on her. Or if she does agree to move in with you guys, you have more than enough space in your 3BR for her =)

We will see the unit in November pa once the tenants are out. Then i guess i will take most of Dec off work if i can, to buy some initial stuff for the condo and finalize wedding preps if needed. Kinakabahan ako actually i feel we will need to hire cleaners since both fiance and i normally lead a busy life with little free time! We'll slowly work on renovations if needed next year, after the wedding na. I think comfy na nga kami dito for now, it will be a long while before we move out. :) We'll be close to both my and his family here, his current home is 15 mins away lang din, 10 if its late night and I drive fast haha.

dr.thereal.joy

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 06:11:38 pm »
Mga sis, kami ni h2b will be staying with his family. Question ko lang those who are staying with the IL, when did you start transferring your stuff to their house?

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2015, 06:24:00 pm »
We are renting an apartment na yun location halfway ng work namin parehas. We started transferring our things a week before the wedding. Until now madami pa kami gamit sa kaniya kaniyang bahay namin.

barbillie

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2015, 06:56:57 pm »
Yey, we'll be transferring to our new home in 2 weeks. :) It's a condo in Makati CBD. We are currently renting a place in QC, but we consider the condo as our first official abode.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2015, 07:00:32 pm »
Mga sis, kami ni h2b will be staying with his family. Question ko lang those who are staying with the IL, when did you start transferring your stuff to their house?

Sis I suggest move your things slowly hehe Siguro just bring a small bag of clothes first. Then move your things little by little. =) Your in-laws might be overwhelmed if you transfer all your stuff in one go. And I suggest you wait till you're officially married or the week before you get married to bring your 1st small bag of stuff to their house. =)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:02:28 pm by Chili1113 »

dr.thereal.joy

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2015, 07:25:11 pm »
But when did you start getting space sa room ni h2b? Kasi si h2b super daming gamit. Even yung damit niya nung HS siya is still there.

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2015, 10:22:43 am »
Mga sis, kami ni h2b will be staying with his family. Question ko lang those who are staying with the IL, when did you start transferring your stuff to their house?

Hi sis, my husband and I are living with his family. I transferred my stuff little by little after we have returned from our honeymoon. we were wed last Dec 2014. I still have some of my stuff in our house. When I brought my things, my mother-in-law instructed the maid to help me and to organize my husband's stuff to make space for my things. The househelper organized the closet and all of our clothes while I cleaned the room to make space for my other things. I brought my own car to my husband's house. Some of the bulky stuff that I bought when I was still single, like a wooden baul I bought in Palawan are still in my mother's house. I figured that I should probably not bring all of them to my in-laws' house since my husband and I will be moving to our new house next year anyway.

toria

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2015, 10:35:13 am »
We will be moving in our home this August and getting married Jan 2017.

We decided to build our home first before getting married since we both do not want to live with our parents/in-laws.

Good thing is 5 minutes walk lang ang bahay namin sa bahay ng parents ko and 10mins via car naman ang bahay nila haha :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Your 1st home after the wedding
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 10:43:14 am »
But when did you start getting space sa room ni h2b? Kasi si h2b super daming gamit. Even yung damit niya nung HS siya is still there.

Siguro sis after you start settling into the house, you can start slowly re-organizing the closets =) Don't worry it will happen little by little. Wag lang yung biglaan.

Hehe with my ex-hubby it took a while for me to "clean out" his closet in their provincial house where we go once in a while. Hahaha I remember spending 1 day segregating all his things, where in I threw out ALL pictures and anything to do with his ex gfs hehe Then we took out and donated lots of old clothes and dvds etc.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close