Author Topic: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal  (Read 65564 times)

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2015, 12:09:26 pm »
^^^i so agree with you sis chili..

1.  for the gown, mas mare-realize mo after the wedding na you spent too much pala for the gown kase naka-stock na lang siya sa house.. unlike the groom's suit na pwede ulit gamit gamitin..
2.  if you're a hands-on bride, not necessary to go too high-end on coordinator esp if booked ka na sa lahat ng suppliers and you did all the researching before booking them. halos minimal supervision na lang gagawin ni coordinator esp if the guests naman and suppliers are all well behaved. get someone reputable na lang for peace of mind..
3.  for the styling, minimal to medium na lang din if the venue itself is beautiful already.  different story of course if the venus is plain. 

and yes to splurging on wedding rings! :) it's something that both of you will use everyday :)

simang

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2015, 04:48:59 pm »
For us, everything is tipid except for the food, venue, and accommodation for family. More than half of our budget napunta dyan. The other half, pinagkasya for the rest of the expenses for the wedding.

The most na pinaka-inexpensive for us were: my bridal dress, cake, wedding rings, invitation (the budget for this is almost negligible, lol). For our entourage, they will pay for their own dresses so we chose a design that can they can wear on casual/semi-formal occasions. For suit ng dads, we'll only be renting one for them. For makeup, we got a package for me + 2 moms, the rest of the family and entourage, they will pay for their own.

So far naman everyone's being very cooperative with us. Wala naman akong entourage na nagreklamo na magbabayad sila,in fact I appreciate most of them kasi when we told them they'll be part of our wedding, sila na mismo nag-open about the payment for the dresses.


lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2015, 04:56:34 am »
^ I agree with you hallerski and chili1113. My fiancé and I have been booking mid-range suppliers but even with that, weddings in the Philippines can get costly.

To try and save, my fiancé and I have decided to skip the pre-nup shoot and just book our photographer for labor only. I wanted a fancy engagement shoot at first. Kaya lang I soon realized (while reading a blogger's review on her wedding) that it's one of those nice-to-have-but-not-a-necessity kind of things. We're just planning to have my sister take a simple pre-nup shoot, nothing fancy. We also decided we'll get our wedding album made in the States na lang since there is no one to bring the albums to us anyway once its done. That way I can also personalize our wedding album.

As for my wedding dress, I initially thought I will get one designed in the Philippines (which probably would've costed more). But I tried on a dress at Kleinfelds and I just fell in love. Buti na lang, it is just within the budget I set myself albeit higher end. Designer dresses at Kleinfelds can also get crazy expensive.

We were able to book a reputable OTD coordinator as well, a little cheaper than the budget we set.
We're also not planning to get a stylist anymore as our caterer (as far as we know) does a decent job on styling venues. Invitations, bridal car, and giveaways are also on the bottom of our priority list so I'm hoping we can save on those.  :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:08:55 am by lourd3ss »

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2015, 07:14:35 am »
Hi lourd3ss. I was thinking of getting of gown from the states since its more affordable. Vera has nice RTW designs kaso i want my gown almost sewn to my skin. hehe  Im moving in by end of December and my gown fitting sched is before I leave. Half hearted ako since I wont have any measurements after that and no fitting. How did your dress at Kleinfields go? Will you have any alterations pa to it or minimal nalang?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:17:27 am by ninja8 »

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2015, 08:48:17 am »
Hi ninja8 I think RTW are more affordable, practical, and popular here in North America. I also initially envisioned my dress to have illusion neckline/sleeves but Kleinfelds caught me off guard on the last dress I tried on lol. No regrets though, I had an amazing experience at Kleinfelds and I had my "say yes to the dress" moment hehe.

Where are you moving btw? And when is your wedding? I'm assuming you're still living in the Philippines.. am I correct? So you've picked your designer na? And your first and last fitting for a custom-designed dress is before you move? Sorry medyo naguluhan ako..

I picked out my dress in June and I will be getting it in February. My wedding is not until May 2016 though. The consultant who helped me said that the earlier the better because some brides come in, try dresses, ends up loving them but they can't order the dress because it's already too late. Anyway, they took my measurements and ordered my dress in the smallest size and shortest length possible (petite-girl-problems). Once I get it, I can choose to have it altered at Kleinfelds or somewhere else. Still deciding on this because Kleinfelds' minimum alteration costs $500. I will probably still need to have it hemmed.. Aside from that I won't know what other alterations I'm going to need until I try it on again.
Kleinfelds do not carry Vera Wang in particular because Vera Wang has a flagship store (here in Toronto at least). But David's Bridal carries White by Vera Wang, which is a more affordable line.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2015, 11:03:14 am »
Ang mahal mahal pala ng photogs kapag may albums! I got service only so from 168k i only paid 76k, with OOT fee na of 8k. My fiance hates albums because they get dirty and added kalat sa bahay. He also knows how to produce his own albums (which he usually does to give to relatives as memories of their travels) and says that extra albums dont cost 30k lol. Grabe patong sa albums dito. We'll produce nalang our own if we decide after na we want it.

Same as Chili1113, i think i could have spent less on my gown (80k), styling (145k) and ento gowns (6k each) although im hard to please most of the time kaya when i get frustrated looking for a good output sa mura i end up just booking the more expensive ones who i know will pull through.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2015, 02:24:26 pm »
@ninja08, hi sis. Just to share, I bought my gown at David's Bridal London. I was just supposed to check various silhouettes that would look good on my body type but ended up falling in love with the first gown I tried on. The fit was so good it actually looked like it was made for me. It really felt like the gown was my second skin literally. 😊😊. I think that with the proper size, RTW gowns would fit the average person with very minimal alrerations.Though I do need somebody to trim the front hem. I just booked a couturier to make a coverup, veil, and secondary veil. Even with that, the total would still be a bit cheaper than the midrange designers in the Philippines. 😊😊😊

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2015, 03:10:42 pm »
sparklingjewel: Peace of mind sometimes needs to be bought heheh. We are super the same.

Kaya nga hahahah :) Iba rin kasi stress levels ko whenever i tried to work with a supplier i scrimped on (as you know). So tingin ko talaga.. yung personality natin, we cant work with scrimping on all things. Maybe some items, but not all. Papangit tayo. Lol!

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2015, 08:13:10 pm »
Hi lourd3ss. Sorry naguluhan kba. I went back here to Manila to take school and also attended my sisters wedding. I'll be moving back to Jersey after this and while here, I am also fixing our wedding.

So I prebooked Mel Orlina since she did my sisters gown and offered the same rate too. No measurements taken yet since weddings not until December 2016  :) She told me to come to her before I leave. So yun yung first fitting and last fitting maybe Skype. Thats the dilemma. I dont know if that should suffice. I stand pretty tall, 5'9.

When I saw your post, I got confused na baka nga better if I should get one from there. Dilemma is I dont know if the fit is as snug to the customized one. My design kase is an embroidered fit and flare, almost similar to a mermaid one but tighther.

Naisip ko nga mas malalaki masasave ko but yun nga thats the risk for me. Didnt know White for Vera Wang is a different line. They have one in New Jersey ata kaso too dyahe to go inside to look lang. hahaha! Maybe when I gather enough hehe! My nakita nakong design that I want online but I will need to see it first in person.

@bonzaigirl wow another one.gusto ko din ng ganyan!!!! next to my skin. hahaha!So the gown doesnt need major alterations. Sige ill look into Davids Bridal. Are you having it altered in Manila?Ive lowered my budget na tuloy. Thank you!





lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2015, 06:40:47 am »
Hi ninja8 ok gets ko na. That would've been my dilemma too had I decided to have a designer in Manila make my dress. If you have full fate that Mel Orlina will deliver on the dress you want/dream of, then go for it. Ako kasi wala akong kakilala na designer and if ever, hanggang Skype lang talaga ang meetings since I have no plans on flying to Manila until 2-3 weeks before our wedding.

 I was also intimidated going into bridal shops at first lalo na sa Kleinfelds. It was my sister/MOH who booked the appointment and talked me into going. I kept telling myself I was only going to try on dresses just for the heck of it and to see what sillhouette looks best on me. It was only my second time dress shopping (the first one being at David's Bridal) and the last appointment of the day. Wala talaga ako balak bumili. The appointment lasted for an hour and I probably tried on 8-10 dresses. And it was the last dress that the consultant had picked out for me that made me tear up and gave me the this-is-it feeling. The consultants are very nice naman. They respect the budget you give them and will not show you a dress beyond that. And once I said yes to the dress, my consultant celebrated with us by giving each of us (my 3 sisters and I) a glass of champagne. Bongga lol. Highly recommend ko, if not to buy at least for the experience.

I suggest that you call the store to see if they carry the dress you want. Malay mo bagay sa'yo and since you're already tall (I'm jealous!), you might not need a lot of alterations. I've tried on dresses from Vera Wang's White label at David's Bridal too. May nagustuhan ako dun which was on sale for $1200 yata. I was really contemplating on going back to get it. But that's only until I went to Kleinfelds hehe. So I highly suggest you keep your options open and to not get intimidated going to bridal shops. Hope I was able to help and pardon the longgg reply  ;D

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2015, 07:24:56 am »
I just want to share kung ano yung mga natipid at titipirin namin for our wedding :)

1. Bridal Gown - Luckily, I joined an online contest and won a couture gown so malaking tipid siya sa amin. You may want to check out ongoing contest or promotion cause who knows what might just happen. This is good if you are always online like me :)

2. Entourage Gown - My nice friends volunteered to shoulder the cost of their gown and other than that we found a Made to Rent mananahi so they can rent a gown that will fit them perfectly and in case they love it, they can actually buy the gown na. This is the same supplier for our parents and relatives outfit.

3. Cake -  I agree with the others. I don't see the need of getting an extravagant cake kasi parang hassle pang hatiin with your relatives after the event. We are just planning to have a two tiered cakes.

4. Styling - We all want to personalize our wedding but let's face it. We can't just ask our caterer to style it the way we want it without extra fee and not all caterer offer styling upgrade. Hiring a stylist is kindd expensive for someone on a budget so of course DIY is the answer. We just had to get the help of our friends, delegate tasks on how it can be executed cause we don't want to be stressed on our big day.

5. Wedding Favors - We just realized it's kinda expensive to buy favors for 200+ guests so it's either we look for an affordable souvenier or just skip it and just provide a photobooth.

6. Flowers - I didn't realize how expensive flowers can be specially on January so we are eyeing for a very simple look for the church and entourage flowers. We considered the idea of making paper flower but nothing beat real flowers pa din so I am hoping we can find an alternative to this.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2015, 07:47:12 am »
^^ninja08, it only needs minimal alterations, as it only needs to be trimmed down, as I am quite short. 5 feet and 1 inch 😄😄😄. But it fit everywhere, the curves clung to the right places ☺. Downside to it is you cannot gain weight. 😨😨  That's my motivation to diet and be fit. I am really watching the scale. hehe.  My gown is just a simple fit and flair or mermaid-y type. :).   If you're already here in the US, I'd suggest go and have appointments first. Doesn't necessarily mean that you will buy anything. Then have your appointment with Mel Orlina. At least you'll a fair idea of what looks best with your body type. Cheers 😊

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2015, 09:44:47 am »
Hi lourd3ss and bonzaigirl thank you for those advices. I will keep that in mind. Sige ill try to hold on to Mel first since shes taking limited slots for December and prolly rush to the nearest bridal store as soon as I get back.

lourd3ss Hahahaha thats so nice they celebrated with you, my champagne toast pa. Congrats in finding your wedding dress! So pwede pala yun you give them your budget and theyll find a dress for you or you can negotiate the dress you like? What does it come with it? veil, additional train? How many alterations can they give when you purchase the gown? The online store doesnt have a price range kase. Sorry dameng questions. The look of the store intimidates me lalo its in New York. looks scary!  :o hehe!

Same thing goes for us, we will be flying in 2 weeks before the wedding. I suppose you know how leaves are filed in the states. Its a little crucial since Holiday season din so Im not sure if I buy time for that.

Uy lamo Tall is nice but too tall actually has its downside. Mahirap din to find clothes that will look just right for you, most of the its short kaya feeling ko I had no choice but to have my gown custom made. I wish I was shorter sometimes like mga 5'7 lang

bonzaigirl Got your point at pareho tayong gown. Yihee! Fiance told me he doesnt like too much feathers sa gown (he was pertaining to the ruffles) ginawa pakong manok. hehe

Thing is with Mel for my first fitting 20k na agad kailangan kong idown to make sure i have my gown for December. I wont be coming home anymore since sayang naman ticket fare for other preps kaya I got a hands on planner talaga.

Para kaseng nahihiya ako to walk through those kind of stores. They get pretty aggressive and I get eaten up. Are they? Hahaha Do you get to bring home the gown right away or is it delivered to you right after taking your measurements. When you say minimal alteration, the gown can fit a size 2-6, then if youre a 4 aalter nila tama ba? or they only show gowns based on your sizes. Sorry have no idea talaga.


** I lack courage pala from the gather enough sentence. hehe

Honestly I thought my suppliers friends were enough to give me a dose of this wedding preps pero grabe dame pa palang stuff to know. Thanks to all of you here in GT. Grabe so much help and knowledge with a lttle chismis on the side too :)

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2015, 10:41:16 am »
ninja8 So when you book your appointment to bridal shops, they will assign you a consultant. From there the consultant will ask you about your wedding, your vision, what you like, what you don't like, what silhouettes you have in mind, and most importantly your budget. She will tell you to have an open mind (at least mine did) and will have you look around the store to pick out dresses you want to try on. She will also pick out dresses she thinks you will like (based on the style of dresses and budget you tell her) and then will assist you in the fitting room.

Honestly when I went in to Kleinfelds, I increased my budget kasi feeling ko wala akong maisusukat if I give my original budget I had in mind. But the consultant who helped me was really great. She found me a dress that costs within my original budget.. kaya with taxes and alterations it'll be over by just a little bit. Pero I'm happy kasi Kleinfelds na yun. I'm not too familiar kasi with designers in the Philippines although they make gorgeous dresses too.

I highly recommend Kleinfelds! Or David's Bridal. You won't get eaten up (at least the ones located in Toronto hehe). The consultant I had at David's wasn't aggressive naman kung hindi ako bumili. Nagbigay lang sya ng card nya and she wrote down the info on the White by Vera Wang dress I really liked. Then a week later she left me a voicemail reminding me how much longer the dress was on sale for hehe. Pero that was it, hindi naman ako hinarass lol.

And I swear all the dresses I tried on were made for a model bride lol. Grabe hassle magsukat kapag pandak! The David's store I went to, some dresses have different floor sample sizes pero yung iba wala. The White by Vera Wang dress I liked was the last dress in my size.. so had I bought it, yung floor sample dress na mismo yung ia-alter nila. There was also a seamstress at the store who can estimate how much alterations on the dress would cost.
Sa Kleinfelds naman, there is only one floor sample size and the consultant just takes it in the back and clips it when you try on the dress. When you decide to buy the dress, they will take your measurements and order the dress in the size closest to your measurements. Then you wait a few months then they will call you once they receive the dress from whichever country it was made. Isusukat mo pa ulit yung dress then kung meron pa kelangan i-alter, then you can decide to have it altered at Kleinfelds or somewhere else.

Take a friend/friends with you when you go dress shopping. It'll be fun!


ninja8

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2015, 05:35:58 pm »
Hi lourd3ss wow thank you for giving me a blow by blow orientation. Salamat at least now I know what to expect.  :) I will walk through those walls when I get back. hehe

Still trying to lessen our budget sa wedding since most of the save the dates sent out are confirming and coming home so I need to allocate more sa food. hehe

Sige will take them with me. Thank you so much for your help  :)


engr_neechee

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2015, 07:34:38 am »
Here were the items na tinipid ko:

1.  Photobooth - By choice, ayaw naming mag-asawa ng photobooth.  It not only destroys the solemnity of the event (in our opinion), it even makes it informal.

2.  No Food carts - Malaki na yung per head namin sa The Bayleaf nung 2012 and masarap na yung overflowing food, bakit pa magfofood carts.

3.  Rings - I wanted rings na pwede suot kahit nasa MRT, jeep, etc even if we have our car.  Kapag may bato, for sure mawawala lang yun dahil araw-araw mo ito suot.

4.  Entourage gowns - Bumili kami ng tela sa Divi and pinacustom made for each abay at a low price sa mananahi.  Yung guys, kanya-kanyang barong na lang.

5.  Invitations - we conceptualized a very formal design pero pinagawa namin all 150 pieces sa Recto at P40 each (Again, this was year 2012).

6.  Shoes - nagpabalikbayan box na lang ako ng shoes sa aunt ko from the US.

7.  Bridal Car - kasama na sa package ng hotel

8.  Event Stylist - Di na kami nag-avail, bahala na ang The Bayleaf.

9.  Flowers - Dangwa lang :)

10.  Souveneirs -  We had souveneirs.  We bought rosaries sa Tayuman at P16 pesos each and the treasure box where it was placed was bought at Tabora Market for P20 I think (2012 price).  Pero nung mismong event na hindi nahalata ang presyo.

11.  Gifts for Ninong and NInang - we bought crucifix sa Tayuman too at binalot na lang elegantly.  This only cost P80 pero sa SM nasa P300.

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2015, 12:01:59 am »
Hi engr_neechee I like your idea ng gift sa ninong and ninang medyo gasgas na kasi yung wine na gift. AT ang mura ng bili niyo ah. Hahanap din nga ko ng ganyan  ;)

khaleesiCersei

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2015, 07:00:42 pm »
Madami ako gusto tipirin sa wedding ko hehe because ayoko ng magulo at gusto ko simple lang kaya ngayon pa lang may mental list na ako ng mga titipirin ko on my wedding day.

1. No photobooth for me or kung ano ano pang booth hehe. No fireworks etc..Para naka upo lang ang guests, kumakain at naka focus sa program haha

2. No souvenirs kasi i really feel kahit nun younger years ko na its a waste of money. People couldn't care less about figurines or what not. Tatapon or tatambak lang nila yan somewhere. Pag food naman, like cupcakes etc..i dont see the point. Kasi kumain na sila sa wedding hehe. Ang bibigyan ko lang talaga ng giveaways ay ang mga sponsors. Simple lang din, A box of chocolates and a bottle of wine will do at dahil walang gastos sa souvenirs baka medyo ma afford ko ang magandang klase ng wine at chocolates for them.

3. Invitations. Simpleng traditional wedding invitation will do. Yun naka envelope lang haha. Ayoko ng mga kung anong design or naka box or bote pa, kasi d naman yun importante at minsan ang hirap basahin pag madaming burloloy at masyadong makulay hehe. Siguro ang arte lang na gusto ko eh naka wax seal yun envelope.

4. Wedding rings. Ok na ako sa ongpin basta magandang klase at hindi mukhang mumurahin. Hindi kasi ako mahilig sa jewelry masyado.

5. Photographers/video editors. Kahit diy or mura basta maayos ang trabaho. Minsan sakit na sa bulsa yun iba sa sobrang mahal tapos sakit pa sa ulo ang bibigay sa yo sa palpak nilang trabaho.

6. Flowers. They wither anyway kahit gano pa kamahal so medyo magcucut down ako dyan.

7. Bridesmaids/entourage and flower girls dresses. Kung kaya ko makabili ng rtw na ok naman ang hitsura why not. Isang beses lang naman isusuot. Or pede ko na lang siguro suggest sa bridesmaids na sila na sagot sa dress para yun na lang gift nila sakin haha. And for the flower girls, ayoko ng naka gown sila na parang sasagala. Gusto ko yun parang sunday dress lang ang dating. Comfy and simple lang. Mga knee-length lang.kasi kawawa ang baTa hirap maglakad pag mahaba ang dress. Ayoko din ng naka make up ang flower girls. They're kids and i want them to look like kids. No heels too. For the boys, white crisp shirt lang and pants, no barong or coats. Mainit at kawawa ang bata.

8. Ayoko din ng may band or may kumakanta. Pede naman ang mp3 at ipod haha.

9. Cake. Simple lang and small lang ok na. Basta masarap.

10. Venue.  Pede ko tipirin yan para makapag concentrate ako sa caterer. Kasi mas importante sakin ang masarap ang food.

11. Hair and make up. Pede naman maging maganda ng hindi butas ang bulsa haha.


anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2015, 12:15:29 am »
I agree with Chili here: bridesmaids have traditionally been appointed to assist the bride on the wedding day (think Sophie's bridesmaids in Mama Mia). My experience as a bridesmaid though has been anything but.

Though shots with the entourage on the wedding day are always beautiful, this is one of the things where nakatipid ako: I don't have an entourage. I don't want people to feel forced to travel for my wedding by virtue of being abay, and our friends and close relatives will come to our wedding whether or not abay sila anyways :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Mga bagay na pwede tipirin sa kasal
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2015, 03:42:45 pm »
hehe. For my case naman, since I'm based overseas, yung isang best friend ko na secondary sponsor is sourcing some suppliers for me. And my other best friend has been giving all out support as well (we are both getting married 1 week apart) :).  Kaya I feel that it would be a nice gesture if I give them something. At first I was thinking of giving them accessories, like earrings from Jacatel ☺, but then since we want to have group pictures while being prepped, I thought of buying them robes na lang. I don't have a big entourage anyways. Just 3 secondary sponsors ( all of them like sisters to me) and my MOH who is my sister. I'm actually still contemplating whether I want bridesmaids or not. ☺ Ayoko kasi maglagay ng tao/ entourage just for the sake of having one. hehe. For me, it's a practical and at the same time economical decision for me. hehe. If I will have bridesmaids, it will just be probably 2 or 1 hehe.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close