Author Topic: Invitations (Part 3)  (Read 83720 times)

ece

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #420 on: December 04, 2015, 01:03:58 am »
^sis, anong size nung colored envelope na nabili mo?

UPDATE:  hanggang ngayon waley padin ang monogram ko! Huhuhu

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #421 on: December 04, 2015, 01:54:09 am »
^ sis before you made a deposit, did you talk about how long it would take for her to finish your monogram? maybe you should give OJ a deadline and start thinking about a plan B.

ece

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #422 on: December 04, 2015, 12:17:55 pm »
^sis tinanong ko lang kung tumatanggap pa ba siya ng monogram seal for january wedding. Mali ko iyun. Baka naisip nya January pa kelangan ganun? Gusto ko pa naman sana na iyun ang ilagay sa give aways, kaya ibahin ko nalang.
Another plan sis, nag email na ko sa kanya, pinapapalitan ko nalang yung service na instead of monogram seal, baka pwede na groom's/bride's room nalang. At least iyun wedding day na gagamitin talaga.
Wala padin reply eh' take note, email plus text pa ginagawa ko ha,

krysia27

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #423 on: December 04, 2015, 02:16:23 pm »
^sis, anong size nung colored envelope na nabili mo?

UPDATE:  hanggang ngayon waley padin ang monogram ko! Huhuhu

I honestly have no idea, pero mas matigas pa sya kesa sa envelope ng WINK. A5 yata yun or A6. Basta fits the postcard size of WINK perfectly

ece

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #424 on: December 04, 2015, 07:23:58 pm »
^thank you sis! Okay na, yung provides na plain white envelope nalang gamitin namin siguro. Nagpapahanap ako ng gray na lace or ribbon para magka kulay manlang, pero walang matagpuan din.

Thank you ulit! 😘😘

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #425 on: December 04, 2015, 11:10:14 pm »
^^ that's a good plan sis na iconvert na lang into other services. she at least owes you that for making you wait that long. push mo na yan! :) then maybe look for a different artist/calligrapher who can make your monogram if you still want it, just make sure you agree on the timeline this time :)

re sa envelops, our supplier provided a plain white envelop also but with foil stamp monogram sa flap. then we also added envelop lining, diy na lang 'to kasi ang mahal ng additional pag sa supplier. we also tried putting lace and ribbon band pero it was too much na.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #426 on: December 17, 2015, 01:31:18 pm »
Ece, for ribbons, try Carolina's. They have lots of options there.

asifbymagic

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2015, 10:43:05 pm »
Hi girls I need your help! May alam ba kayo na designers ng wedding invitations na watercolour based and marunong magcalligraphy? Yung similar kay Mica S. I sent her an email na pero walang reply. Super panic mode na ako kasi yung design na binigay sa amin ng friend ni h2b is not what we wanted. Ilang beses na namin in explain pero hindi talaga nila gets. so we need to start from scratch. I need the invites pa naman na ng mid January :(

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #428 on: December 19, 2015, 11:32:13 pm »
^Try Sweetscapes. She doesn't do calligraphy but she has fonts that look like calligraphy. I think she has watercolor looking invitations too.

I got her for my letterpress invitations and she's very easy to work with. She was able to copy the peg I sent.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #429 on: December 20, 2015, 12:05:40 am »
^^Inkscribbler is the best in calligraphy invitations :)

asifbymagic

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2015, 12:59:25 am »
Thank you thank you chilli and sparklingjewel!!! I'll contact them now. Sana maaccommodate nila yung rush order. Meron ba kayong price range available?

grrrlscout

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2015, 01:14:51 am »
Hi girls I need your help! May alam ba kayo na designers ng wedding invitations na watercolour based and marunong magcalligraphy? Yung similar kay Mica S. I sent her an email na pero walang reply. Super panic mode na ako kasi yung design na binigay sa amin ng friend ni h2b is not what we wanted. Ilang beses na namin in explain pero hindi talaga nila gets. so we need to start from scratch. I need the invites pa naman na ng mid January :(

Hi, asifbymagic! I'm not sure if this will help pero if gahol ka na sa time baka pwede mo na lang i-download mga free templates. I found a few, but let me know ano ba yung gusto mo? Baka matulungan kita maghanap ng template na lang.

Here's what I found:

Templates/Graphics
http://www.bestdayever.fi/free-watercolor-invitations/
http://ahandcraftedwedding.com/shop/diy-floral-watercolor-wedding-invitation-set-pink/ ($15)
http://angiemakes.com/free-watercolor-flowers-clip-art-for-subscribers/#_a5y_p=4576266
http://blog.heylook.fi/2012/10/freebies-watercolor-wedding-invitations.html
http://www.designlovefest.com/2014/05/dress-your-tech-48/

Fonts
http://www.prettyweddingpaper.com/blog/34-free-calligraphy-script-fonts-for-wedding-invitations/
http://www.thewonderforest.com/2015/07/free-handwritten-calligraphy-fonts.html
http://www.ohlovelylife.com/14-free-calligraphy-fonts/

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2015, 03:56:03 am »
Thank you thank you chilli and sparklingjewel!!! I'll contact them now. Sana maaccommodate nila yung rush order. Meron ba kayong price range available?

Sweetscapes ata is 2k for full invitation suite. But she only charged me 1500 since my layout is very simple with no location map, and attire pictures. Ink Scribbler is 5k but more for a customized design. Fozzy Book is about 4-5k also.

InquisitorLavellan

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2015, 08:52:54 am »
Hi girls I need your help! May alam ba kayo na designers ng wedding invitations na watercolour based and marunong magcalligraphy? Yung similar kay Mica S. I sent her an email na pero walang reply. Super panic mode na ako kasi yung design na binigay sa amin ng friend ni h2b is not what we wanted. Ilang beses na namin in explain pero hindi talaga nila gets. so we need to start from scratch. I need the invites pa naman na ng mid January :(

Hi sis, Lai does watercolor calligraphy as well-- http://madebylai.net/category/calligraphy/

asifbymagic

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #434 on: December 27, 2015, 09:21:36 pm »
Thank you sa suggestions! :) Nagreply narin si Mica (yay!) - buti nalang kasi hindi na ako maaccommodate ni sweetscapes and inkscribbler nung inemail ko sila last week. I was thinking last resort na talaga yung pagdownload ng templates. Thanks sis @grrrlscout sa idea :)

Printer nalang ang kailangan ko na hanapin. May rates ba kayo ni print ready ng wink tsaka kung nagffoil press ba sila? Or any suggestions ng printer around Taguig/ Makati area?

Thanks!!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #435 on: December 28, 2015, 11:01:39 pm »
^ PM me your email address. I did print ready with Wink but they have a 7-10 (working) day lead time...

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #436 on: December 29, 2015, 06:50:14 am »
^nice invite, sis tubby ♥

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2016, 08:36:09 am »
Share ko story ng invite ko..

I asked around here for suggestions on who can do any 3D or pop-up invite because I was having problem with Kenneth Uy in terms of communication. I booked them last summer in one of the Bridal fairs for my Save the Date but one of my Ninong was kind enough to give it for free that's why I moved the reservation fee for my Wedding Invitation.

When I wanted to start it that's when I had problems with them and one sis suggested Pop Up Occasions. Before I found them one friend was kind enough to help with my design on my Pop up because I was looking for anyone who can just print it and because it has all these measurements, I can't deal with it.

So Pop Up Occasions was very responsive and they specialize with it but downside is they have a fixed price. Since my friend was almost done with the design I just said ok with the printing at 180/pc with 2 inserts for all the information. Then suddenly my friend asks where he is situated, if he gets paid because he does it for living - there I got into problem. I should have asked beforehand if there was charges, I mean I know nothing's free now but yeah, he could have opened it in the first place. So I asked/told/jokingly said ok sure, would it be 20k? He said no, I will give you discount but if you are a client then yes it is and more than.

I was caught up. Haha! I thought I had a good deal.. Ending, he charged me 15k.

Don't get me wrong sisses but I do love my invites, it just went super overboard!

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #438 on: January 02, 2016, 10:30:17 am »
^ yikes! that's instant 15k off your budget! i think inkscribbler charges the same for a full suite invite. nakakahinayang lang that a friend would charge you that much.

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #439 on: January 02, 2016, 05:42:04 pm »
^yes! To think na if I got it straight from Pop Up Occasions itself free na, though it won't look the same but still it would be close enough that would save me 15k.

Nahihinayang ako na budget na sana for other things yun pero I still paid because it is still a service provided. May note pa sya na alam ko mahal na nagastos niyo (because I told him everything sa budget) kaya nagulat din ako sa fee nya.

Then yun pala, yung samin walang sulatan ng personal name for who the invitation is.. So derecho hand-over kame. Dark purple kasi yung invite with a letterpress band, no envelop na.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:44:01 pm by glacy_rein »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close