Author Topic: Invitations (Part 3)  (Read 83539 times)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2015, 12:18:50 pm »
Chili, I agree with the others -- definitely try it first. I've done it several times for personal projects; in my experience, the best type of printer to use is a rear-loading inkjet that can handle custom sizes/thick paper/envelopes. I had a Canon multifunction that worked well but it did take a bit of MacGyvering sometimes. :)

jheajen

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2015, 12:51:20 pm »
Mga sis baka mahelp nyo ako sa nagpiprint like newspaper,and graphic designer for our invitation layout.actually meron na kame layout kaso yung gumawa sobra hirap kausap.kaya gusto ko na palitan talaga.ayoko na madagdagan stress ko sa kanya..TIA.

dinagztm

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2015, 03:05:09 pm »
Booked our invitations at Urbanista Invites sa bridal fair last Saturday. Super cute nung design, I think good deal sya kasi may nakita rin kaming same design sa ibang booth pero mas mura parin sa Urbanista. Nice din kausap si Ms. CJ and very accommodating.

crimsonsky

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2015, 04:36:52 pm »
Sisses is it tama ba to put "Cocktails, Dinner and Reception to follow..." sa invitation instead of "Cocktails, Dinner and Dancing"? I dont want to put dancing kasi wala namang dancing sa reception namin.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2015, 04:51:05 pm »
crimsonsky: I was also considering the wording in my invitation. I think it is more appropriate to say:

"Cocktails and Dinner Reception to follow"

OR if you want to add a specific time

"Reception follows with
Cocktails at half past four in the afternoon
Dinner at six o' clock in the evening"

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2015, 05:31:50 pm »
^those are the exact words on our invites :) cocktails starts at ____ in the afternoon followed by dinner party at ____  :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2015, 06:00:49 pm »
Just sharing my two cents regarding placing time for cocktails/reception in the invitation.

I have been cautioned regarding indicating time for cocktails and reception because some guests merely breeze through the invites and might mistake the time for the cocktails/reception for the time of the ceremony. I honestly made the mistake during my now brother-in-law's wedding.  ;D Two specific times were mentioned in their invites --- 1) ceremony and 2) reception. The one I saw was the time for the reception because that was the one written in the bottom portion. So I thought I was early for the ceremony, ayun pala early for the reception. Haha!

In our case, we said:

"Cocktails will be served later in the afternoon
followed by a night of dining, drinking and dancing
at the ___(insert venue)___"

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2015, 06:13:11 pm »
caleeice: Very good insight!!

I am just worried that some guests will come super late for the dinner reception if I dont indicate the time they are expected.

But come to think of it, I think I WILL really not specify any reception time on the invitation. Bahala sila if they come late. AND not including the reception time subtly sends the message across that you expect them to be at the ceremony... and follow to reception immediately after. But this is the Philippines and I seriously dont expect anyone to be at the church except those with roles and their partners.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2015, 06:25:38 pm »
Napa-check tuloy ako on my invites.. I did wrote the time for the cocktails but omitted to give the time for the dinner. It says, "..followed by dinner and party" only. (Sorry, forgetful)

 I remember Darlene telling me to refrain from putting the time for dinner otherwise, guests will really expect that dinner will be served exactly that time..or baka mag complain why dinner is not yet being served kagaya ng nasa invitation ( if ever may delays.. )

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2015, 08:40:46 pm »
I had the same thought... hindi ba it would disappoint the guests if you indicated dinner to start at 6pm tapos 8pm hindi pa nagsserve ng food? You never know but there may be reasons why the dinner will have to be delayed...Indicating a time will set expectations and limit flexibility :(

What's the best way of going about this kaya?

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2015, 09:39:06 pm »
If you book a calligrapher and they have preferred printer like Wink and Printsonalities and you don't want them kasi expensive ang printing.

Can you still go on other printers? Would it compromise the design of the calligrapher? Or dahil may tie up Lang siya with the printer dapat.

kateguerzon08

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2015, 10:22:10 pm »
hi mga sis! anyone here has an idea or samples for a tagalog invitation? paninindigan na namen ang filipiniana theme namen, hehe.. tia!  ;D

crimsonsky

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2015, 12:21:47 pm »
Thanks chilli113, I will use "Cocktails and Dinner Reception to follow" nalang :)

tentendelight

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2015, 10:04:33 pm »
Mga sis, which one is correct?

Long sleeved polo or long sleeve polo? ::)

Balak kasi namin lagay sa invites on Gents: Coat and tie or long sleeved polo

Para malinaw na yung option if ever wala silang coat and tie.  ;D

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2015, 11:11:15 pm »
You can put "long sleeve" or "long-sleeve"; both are accepted :)

Not sure what your attire is but I think it's safer to put "Formal" if you really want the gentlemen to wear a coat and tie. You can specify "coat and tie or barong tagalog" :) It also depends on your guests but I feel that men must at least wear a neutral colored tie at a wedding unless it's at the beach or following a very specific theme. Pangit kasi tignan without a tie especially for events like a wedding. :)

sakura30

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #215 on: July 06, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »
Hello Ladies!

I have a question po. What's the standard sizes of invitations? Yung hindi ako mahihirapan maghanap ng envelope. Gusto ko sana yung postcard size, standard size ba yun for wedding invites?

BTW, share ko yung supplier ko- Sweetscapes Design. Nagdedesign lang sila but we have to find a printer. Affordable packages nila. I only paid 1k for their invitation suite (with STD and directions).   

Thank you for any info.

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2015, 05:25:59 pm »
Hi Sissies! Ask ko lang if may alam kayo that does lazer cutting? Or kahit die cut sige pwede na. TIA!

vanette

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #217 on: July 07, 2015, 04:22:55 pm »
Hi Sissies! Ask ko lang if may alam kayo that does lazer cutting? Or kahit die cut sige pwede na. TIA!

Hi Sis. Try https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oh-Craft/1547688835511395?ref=hl
they do diecutting

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #218 on: July 11, 2015, 10:52:44 pm »
Hi mga sis, need to know how to address a married entourage (bridesmaid)
Should I use ms or mrs?

May nabasa kasi ako na ms. is different from miss.

Please help.

Thank you  :)

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2015, 11:31:19 pm »
^Sis for my matron of honor i used "mrs sharon smith-wales" na format. Unsure if redundant yung mrs at yung maiden-married surname. Hahaha sorry naman!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close