watch now

Author Topic: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO  (Read 3626 times)

innovativeva

  • Guest
ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:03:30 am »
What is a VA or a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant is a person who works for someone / a company to do certain tasks from home depending on the skills he or she possesses. I've been working from home 3 months now and as a daughter and servant of God.
All I can say that it is a perfect work set up for me and I feel so fortunate that I have found it.

Actually I have been thinking to quit my stressful office job since Dec 2013. But got the guts to finally quit it by last Dec 2014.
Why I quit my job an pursue becoming a VA?
I always come home late na kasi lagi. Laging OTY (Overtime na Thank You). Yung tipong parang umuuwi ka nalang para matulog at magbihis sa bahay. Ginagawang dorm ba ang bahay. Yung tipong ikaw kakatapos pa lang ng araw mo, pauwi pa lang, tapos yung iba papasok palang. Yan ang set up ko lagi sa bahay noon. Hindi ko na nakakausap sina mama at papa, pati mga kapatid ko. Tapos minsan may work pa rin.
I know pwede naman nagsasacrifice ako para sa future kaso yung tipong nagkakasakit na rin ako. Tapos wala na akong time sa family.
Ayoko nun.
Kaya narealize ko, I need to make a change. And I remember one of the email of Bo Sanchez, he recommends to attend Jomar Hilario's Manila Virtual Assistant Seminar about working from home, so I grab the chance! Minsan lang daw kasi yung Live Seminar. So last Nov 7 & 8, I attended the Live event!

And I started working as a virtual assistant just recently, Jan 2015. I found it very challenging since it is very new to me. And the big challenge for me here is time management. Kahit anong oras kasi ako pwede magwork. Depende sa time ko. Pero continuous naman ang learning ko kaya step by step nagiging okay nasakin ang working from home or pagiging VA.
Ngayon, I'm a full time VA na. Sobrang saya lang kasi super free na ako from day job ko na super stressful. Mas may time na ako sa family. Nakakausap ko na sina mama at papa at dalawa kong kapatid. Saka ang dami ko pang natutunan. Well I know there's more to learn there.

Mag-add pa ako ng experiences ko dito sa mga susunod na araw.
This is simply something I would like to share because I feel so blessed. Feel free to read and comment!

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 02:10:25 am »
Im curious as to how this would pan out.. keep going sis. Ive always wanted to try this because I currently hate the toxicity of my current work :(

Please do keep sharing :) And maybe some tips as well :) for those unlucky enough to not have attended the seminar lol hihi

switblububbles

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 05:17:55 pm »
Im also interested to try this because I wanna stay with our kid...kaso wala rin akong guts...isa pa wala rin akong personal lappy at internet sa bahay :(

so hopeless talaga for now? :(

oyie

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 05:39:53 pm »
following...

i've been hesitant kasi no experience. what can you put ba on your resume para maqualify ka? how and where to begin?

quennna

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 01:45:29 pm »
ako naman need maghire ng va..
pero clueless pa ako sa set up :((

cescylle

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 03:01:38 pm »
interested ako sa VA na yan.. stress na din ako sa current work ko.. no time pa palagi sa anak ko.. kaya lang wala ako idea sa VA... pano ba yan at san kaya pede mag apply? clueless talaga ako. kaya more inputs pa sana mga sisses.. TIA

Stellar27

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 01:50:19 am »
I wonder if the thread starter is still doing a home based job. I am interested in becoming a VA too. I have lots of friends na nag wowork from home and they all said na they are happy and well compensated. How I wish I have the guts to quit my job so I can just stay home with my kids too.

luliluli

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 10:06:08 pm »
I wanted an legit online job but wala akong makita... puros mga scam like u need to purchase this and that in order to know mga job openning...
mga sis pa guide naman where to apply for online jobs

dec212012

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 12:51:55 am »
subscribing...

Heard about this before. Since Im an OFW and planning to go home for good, I will try this. I registered at Upwork (formerly Odesk) today. Updated my profile. Browsing some posts and waiting for the approval of my submitted proposals.

Advice ko lang din sa mga newbies na kagaya ko, read nyo muna everything about Virtual Assistant para malaman nyo kung panu ang kalakaran. Madali lang naman cya actually. Read din ng mga reviews about the companies.  ;) :)

chikit

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 01:33:00 am »
I also work at home via Upwork. Hindi nga lang ako VA. Dun sa mga employed pa you can probably look for part time VA sa Upwork. May mga nakikita ako looking for part time. Something you can probably do pag may oras pa kayo let's say after work. My hubby also started with Upwork jobs until he was offered regular employment na work from home pa din, may mga sideline din during his free time or minsan weekends. Sa kanya he quit his job, tried Upwork hanggang sa dumating ang break namen dalawa kaya enjoy namen lagi kasama si baby (FTM) here

cupcakencheese

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 01:54:50 am »
Other than upwork may iba pa ba?

momentum

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 07:49:39 am »
mas okay ba Upwork or sa onlinejobs.ph? I already registered to both pero mas natutok ako sa onlinejobs.ph kasi meron pang ID proof na kelangan may certain number you have to reach bago ka makapag apply sa isang job, unless yung job na yun hindi kelangan mataas yung ID proof score mo.

ganun din ba sa Upwork?

heavensent

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 09:34:31 am »
I've been working as a VA for over 4 years now, I logged 14,252 hours on Upwork so far and that's excluding the fixed-rate job. I have learned a lot, I've acquired new skills and I'm more confident now. It was challenging at first, esp. trying to get a client when you don't have much experience yet but hard work really does pay off.

I would still like to learn more so I can have more options.

momentum

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 09:46:47 am »
^congrats sis. hopefully that happens to me too :)
what was your first hourly rate there if you don't mind?
I think kasi they only hire newbies based on how low their hourly rate is? aside from their experience...am I wrong?

heavensent

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 09:49:32 am »
^naku sis, just to get a feedback I agreed to $.50/hr.. during that tima kasi wala pa minimum rate sa Odesk, but now the lowest is $3/hr

momentum

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 09:52:02 am »
^oo nga eh napansin ko dati sa Odesk talagang centavos rate ng mga indians at newbies kaya mahirap competition..good to know naman na tumaas na yung lowest rate. yeah talagang magstart sa mababa so that makakuha ng feedback para mas lumawak the chances you get hired by a better paying company next time. :)

thanks sis for sharing. masilip ko nga uli yung account ko sa upwork hehe

dec212012

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 07:10:30 pm »
Sis [textspeak!] ba yung expected rate for newbies? Hindi ko kasi alam kung anung amount ilalagay ko. Baka kasi pag mataas, walang magemploy sakin.

AvadaKedavra

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 12:26:47 am »
Do you use Paypal for receiving payments?

NeilRudecat

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 09:40:01 am »
Can I just be an assistant to a Virtual Assistant? 

I am highly skilled with a lot of office tasks and I am very interested with the work but I prefer not to give any personal information.


sherolf

  • Guest
Re: ANG KWENTO NG PAGIGING VA O WORKING FROM HOME KO
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 05:45:28 pm »
any updates mga sis  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close