watch now

Author Topic: Nursery or Summer Classes?  (Read 2932 times)

-;-maCooLet-;-

  • Guest
Nursery or Summer Classes?
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:04:07 pm »
Hi Mommies!

I need a little help here.
My son is 3years and 5months old now. Turning four on October.

I'm wondering if I should enroll him to Nursery already or Summer Workshop na lang (Martial Arts if ever, since he likes it)
He's not yet interested in learning kasi unlike my nieces na girls na very attentive and enjoy pag tinuturuan.
My son is more into playing. Though I managed to teach him a thing or two like ABC, 123, some shapes and animals, pray.

My worry is if I do not enroll him to Nursery, baka mapag-iwanan siya sa Kinder..
By next year, dapat Kinder na siya, tama ba sisses? Medyo nalilito ako hehe.

What do you think? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.




ggorgeous

  • Guest
Re: Nursery or Summer Classes?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 01:39:04 am »
Hi sis,

Same situation. My daughter is turning 4 this September naman.. Ang concern ko naman e medyo baby baby pa sya though marami na rin naman alam.. So medyo same fears tayo hehe. I opted to enroll her in a progressive type of school for this coming June.. tapos inenroll ko rin ng summer class of that school.. Pag progressive kasi learning through play daw yung approach nya so di mamamalayan ng bata that he/she is learning kasi nag eenjoy. I hope we made the right decision. hehe Pede rin naman na enroll mo sya sa ibang type of summer classes. as long as mag enjoy sya.. Or ask him if he wants to go to school na, maybe you can assess in his reply if ready na ba sya? I dunno. hehe when i ask my daughter sabi nya ayaw nya hehe pero when we do trial classes ok naman.. Maybe you can ask schools near your place kung me trial classes as well? atleast you'd experience and maybe magka idea if send mo na ba sa school si baby or next year na . Hope this helps :)

lani_trinity

  • Guest
Re: Nursery or Summer Classes?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:57:08 pm »
hi po.
3 to 4 yrs old nursery
4 to 5 yrs old kinder
5 to 6 prep
minsan naman po kapag nakadaan na ang bata sa nursery at kinder pwede na rin mag grade 1 di na sila dadaan ng prep.  :)

icee_star

  • Guest
Re: Nursery or Summer Classes?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:43:34 pm »
same dilemma, turning 4 naman on January yung daughter ko. Shall I enroll her na ba this school year? Or next year pa dapat. She's more into play din. Yung swimming lessons niya nga, hindi sya nakikinig sa coach hehe, not sure lang if classroom type schooling na talaga. Baka maglaro lang ng maglaro at hindi makinig. Though ganun naman talaga yata if pre-school, more on playing? Kaso nga baka hindi makinig at maglikot lang ng maglikot.

Scouting on pre-schools na rin near our place in Pasig

KVsWahmmy

  • Guest
Re: Nursery or Summer Classes?
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 03:39:24 pm »
What I did before with my daughter was enroll her for summer classes na classroom setting, aral-aral ang peg. That's how we were able to confirm na ready na nga sya for regular schooling. :)

Whether progressive or traditional school ang gusto nyo na school mommies, I personally think na before sila ipasok for regular schooling kailangan they take instructions well na, marunong na sumunod sa instructor.

lilsaintsm0m

  • Guest
Re: Nursery or Summer Classes?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 11:27:44 am »
There are schools who offer summer programs to introduce schooling. Doon mo malalaman if ready na sila talaga. At first kids as young as 3 di talaga tatagal sa seat nila yan. hehe. It will take a while.
Also try enrolling them on play learning such as Gymboree or Kindermusik? I enrolled my kid here first before he went to preschool. ;)

icee_star

  • Guest
Re: Nursery or Summer Classes?
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 03:11:46 am »
^I enrolled my youngest sa Summer class for a week, 2 hours everyday (it's free hehe). Tamad gumising, biglang ayaw na pumasok kasi antok pa haha :D No crying when I sent her inside the classroom, but the teacher told me she cried when she realized I wasn't around. The crying t lasted for 20 minutes daw (and shortened on her 2nd day). Mukang ok naman siya kasi she happily showed me her artworks after school and mukang ready na pumasok ang baby ko.

Actively looking for preschool near our place in Pasig. Mas ok sana if hindi pa everyday, siguro mga MWF sessions, I really think she's too young pa. Playschool siguro pwede pa.

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Nursery or Summer Classes?
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 02:35:22 pm »
By next year, dapat Kinder na siya, tama ba sisses? Medyo nalilito ako hehe.


with the k-12, ganito na ang mangyayari (well at least for my daughter's school and other big schools like LSGH, Ateneo, etc)

age 3-4 yo Kinder 1*
age 4-5 yo Kinder 2*
age 5-6yo Grade 1**

*note: schools have different names for these levels
** note: i think Grade 1 is the entry level for Ateneo

This is DECS mandated. Pero siyempre, it will still depend on your kid's readiness.

For my eldest, she started toddler school at 2y11mos. This is the regular 10-months school year and not simply play school classes. It is not required but I felt my daughter needed interaction with other kids. She moved to a bigger school at 4y11mos for Kinder 2.

For my 2nd child, we would have started him as early as his sister but we felt he wasn't ready yet plus he was very sickly. He started with summer classes at 3y5mos and at this age medyo clingy pa siya. Then when he was 3y7mos, he started with Kinder 1. This coming June, he will start Kinder 2 (4y7mos) at a big school. I also enrolled him this summer to Math and English enrichment classes to prepare him for it.

For my 3rd  child, she's starting now with summer classes at 2y7mos. She's very independent compared to her kuya (she went inside her classroom on her first day, walang lingon-lingon). But she's a bit delay with her speech so we're hoping summer classes will help improve this. If we see improvement, we will enroll her for toddler school like what we did for our eldest. We are planning to move her to the big school for Kinder 1 SY 2016-17 para sabay na sila ng ate niya going to school. Plus, based on the feedback I've been hearing, it is harder to get a slot for Kinder 2 in bigger schools now.

camdej2312

  • Guest
Re: Nursery or Summer Classes?
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 11:39:18 pm »
I'll be enrolling my 3 y.o. son sa summer program muna ng same school, then If ok naman direcho enroll na sya sa nursery..Sa house kasi namin puro matatanda lang kaming kasama nya kaya for socialisation na rin nya yun pagSummer camp..sana Lang tumagal sa seat nya kahit 1 min..hehe

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close