Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 155051 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #420 on: June 09, 2016, 03:22:04 pm »
^My stylist was Robert Blancaflor =) =) and absolutely no regrets in getting him!

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #421 on: June 09, 2016, 11:26:23 pm »
Finally done na ang wedding namin last May 28. Tagal ko rin hindi nakapag-post here at GT. I'm so happy with the result and I would like to give a shout out to my Event Stylist Love in Blooms. Sobrang happy ako sa ginawa nila Ms. Jo nung wedding namin, sa mga looking pa for event stylist, you'll never regret Love in Blooms consider them in your list :)

I don't know how to put photos here but you can search in fb our hashtag #djforever2016 for the photos of reception :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:42:50 pm by LavenderBlossom »

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #422 on: June 10, 2016, 11:13:15 am »
^My stylist was Robert Blancaflor =) =) and absolutely no regrets in getting him!

Oh wow! I saw him at the bridal fair, Unveil. I love how straightforward his styles are. Very clean.  ;)

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #423 on: June 10, 2016, 11:38:13 am »
Hello sis chili1113 I don't know if you remember me but I'm chatting with you here the last time I'm active at gt and sayo ko yata nabasa yung not so good review with love in blooms or sa ibang member yun I can't remember, but sis I want to thank you for that coz na heads up ako and nakausap ko sila about the reviews without mentioning gt of course, maybe that's one reason why they delivered so well with our wedding, alam nila na may mga reviews sila and they must consistently do good in weddings or else bagsak ratings nila :)

Anyway, how much pala sis si Robert? I might consider him sa wedding naman ng brother ko baka mas lower price nya than love in blooms :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #424 on: June 10, 2016, 11:46:30 am »
^Hi sis!!!! Congratulations and best wishes!!! OMG your setup was gorgeous!! =) =) I am so happy it turned out well for you.  Yes sis I remember we chatted before about Love in Blooms. Kasi I was researching about them here and I saw another bride who had a bad experience and she emailed me pics of their mockup vs the actual and medyo madami kulang in the actual.

Love your setup. LOL I staled their FB and saw the bouquets also which are beautiful! Even the colors are so pretty! I'll pm you sis.

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #425 on: June 10, 2016, 12:06:38 pm »
Congratulations!!!

Big chunk talaga of the wedding preps is the stylist, they can make or break it.

Happy to hear all your stories. I still have 10 months to prepare, long way to goo!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #426 on: June 10, 2016, 12:16:26 pm »
^Yup! Robert's designs are always straightforward, clean, and restrained =) Good luck with stylist hunting! This was the part I had the most difficulty in during my prep since it is very costly.

LavanderBlossom is correct in saying sometimes it helps to mention that you actively participate in forums as suppliers will not want to mess up big time if they know this. However, this doesn't work if your suppiers have a set clientele and normally dont rely on forums. Usually high end ones don't care whether you are in a forum or not hehe
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:20:39 pm by Chili1113 »

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #427 on: June 10, 2016, 03:19:47 pm »
Love your setup. LOL I staled their FB and saw the bouquets also which are beautiful! Even the colors are so pretty! I'll pm you sis.

Thank you sis, your setup is equally gorgeous. Yes that's correct, it helps when we mention with them about the reviews they have. Mas inaayos nila yung work and they know that you really did your research. Iba ang nagagawa ng event stylist, they set the mood, the ambiance. Iba yung feeling na yung mga guests mo even after the wedding were all raves and asking who did the styling of your wedding. They're like fairy-god mothers come your big day :)

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #428 on: June 10, 2016, 06:06:45 pm »
^hi lavanderblossom, may i ask how much ang quotation ni love in blooms sa reception styling ng reception mo? How many guests meron ka? Thank you so much.

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #429 on: June 10, 2016, 06:23:05 pm »
^ Hello sis prettylove, Love in Blooms quoted us 200k for 300 guests. Included na yung bouquet ko, entourage bouquet & boutonnieres, sponsors bouquet, westeria arc entrance, couples area, cake and bridal car flowers. They're much cheaper pa rin than Gids and Teddy or other high end stylist. The westeria flower arc they gave it for free, hindi sya kasama dun sa original quote before plus they gave me free crystal chairs around 50 yata binigay nila love in blooms. I don't know if it's mura or mahal, pero some of my guests told me mura na daw considering the imported flowers they gave us and yung setup nila hindi naman nila kami tinipid sa flowers hehe!

Tinsflor

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #430 on: June 11, 2016, 12:09:18 am »
But wow, good job with your animated monogram!!! It was one of my wedding "wants" that I let go to add my fireworks budget hehe. That will be very nice! BTW how much did it cost for he animated monogram? The supplier my OTD recommended was charging 5k just to make the animated walpaper.

Hi sis Chili113!  Sorry it took me sooooo long to reply!  The past couple of weeks have been crazy for me!  My animated monogram from Just Bees is 6k per 10x14 LED wall.  Since I'm using 2 walls, it's 12k.  Anyway, that's part of the reason why I got really busy.  Since I'm not getting my LED walls from 5th element na, I canvassed for LED walls from other suppliers.  Just Bees provides LED walls too but they quoted me 50k for one 10x14 panel but that includes the visual programming, 6ft wall risers, and the animated monograms na.  I was so offended! Waaaaah! The average price I've been seeing is 25k per wall so it didn't make sense na they would charge that much.  In the end, I haggled and haggled and gave in to 70k for the panels of 10x14 with visual programming, 2 versions of the animated monogram, and the 6ft wall risers.  I guess it's better to get it from them since their contract states that they will not be responsible for any malfunction of the animated monograms should I decide to get my LED walls from a different supplier.  So in the end, the added cost is kind of like buying my own peace of mind na din.  It really boils down to paying a premium for less stress during the wedding day.  Omigod, siguro if i add the cost of paying for my stress throughout this process, it would probably take up at least 15-20% of our entire budget. Hahaha!

Tinsflor

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #431 on: June 11, 2016, 12:39:59 am »
^ Hello sis prettylove, Love in Blooms quoted us 200k for 300 guests. Included na yung bouquet ko, entourage bouquet & boutonnieres, sponsors bouquet, westeria arc entrance, couples area, cake and bridal car flowers. They're much cheaper pa rin than Gids and Teddy or other high end stylist. The westeria flower arc they gave it for free, hindi sya kasama dun sa original quote before plus they gave me free crystal chairs around 50 yata binigay nila love in blooms.

Hi sis LavenderBlossom!  I signed a contract with Ms. Jo from Love In Blooms din to do my church and reception styling, plus my entourage flowers!  She did a great job with you!! :)  I saw your reception photos, and wow, it looked stunning!  The only difference is that she quoted me a much higher rate than she quoted you.  Initially, she quoted me 200k to do everything for 120-130 guests only.  I was fine with that until I realized that I underestimated the guest list and needed to switch ballrooms in our hotel venue to accommodate the guests and the set-up I wanted.  My total guest count now is 180. Since the ballroom more than doubled in size, she recommended draping the entire place and adding more flowers plus ceiling drama, etc.  The final quote is somewhere around 280-300k yata.  I understood her point, but I am very very particular about details and I'm a very hands-on overseas bride so I needed someone who can execute my vision.  At that price point, I was unsure if she can deliver.

Taking that into consideration, I made the last minute decision to switch to Teddy Manuel because Teddy and Gids quoted me almost the same thing, but without the church styling.  Teddy will even add this makeshift tunnel with string lights inside the ballroom to separate the cocktail area from the dinner area so parang mas sulit pa.  My AE from my venue frequently works with Teddy too so she knows his requirements and I felt more at ease knowing that he's very familiar with how things work there.

I'm still keeping Ms. Jo for my church styling and entourage flowers since we already paid a deposit and I saw the way she styled ceremonies before and really liked it.  Ang ganda ng work nya especially sa church.

Btw, we also reserved Manila Cathedral for our church last year!  Paid the dp and all.  Hahaha! Same pala tayo!  But then again, my coord and P/V teams warned me about how strict they are.  Kailangan daw ng renewed clearance for each supplier, and we all songs including the bridal march needed to be liturgical.  Is this true sis?? I really love that Church but in the end we decided to just forget about it because of the rules and wala silang wooden door.  hehe.  Ang shallow, I know, but I really want those wooden doors closed before I march down. It's also far from our reception which is in Makati so I was worried about traffic and such. We booked Santuario de San Jose instead but my heart still aches whenever I see photos of weddings at Manila Cathderal  :( :'(

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #432 on: June 11, 2016, 01:39:03 am »
Hi sis tinsflor, wow halos same pala dapat tayo ng event stylist and church hehe! Well, Manila Cathedral is really strict, as in super strict naloloka ko sa kanila. True, that every supplier kailangan mag renew ng seminar sa kanila and permit, then bridal march should be liturgical no voice whatsoever, no personal vows allowed and meron silang in-house flower stylist, kaya hindi sila love in blooms ang nakapag design ng church. Originally, we want Sanctuario de San Antonio but unfortunately it's already fully booked. I like Manila Cathedral coz it's so regal and looked classic :)

Sis nakipag-haggle ka ba kila love in blooms? Ako kase sis matawad talaga ko, as in lahat yata ng pwedeng tawaran kila Ms Jo tinawaran ko, naiinis na nga ata sakin mga yun hehe! But they're very gracious naman and can work within budget. Actually, our original plan for a stylist is Scenta, kase mababa lang sila mag quote. Meron lang akong friend na nagsabing wala pa syang nakitang magandang setup ni scenta so that was a big blow to me since nakausap ko na sila, hence I backed out with the plan of getting them. No regrets with getting love in blooms, they delivered well, they exceeded my expectations. You're in good hands with Teddy sis, I'm sure he will make your venue really beautiful :)

Where's your venue pala sis?

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2016, 02:40:59 am »
Congrats on your wedding LavenderBlossom! Beautiful arrangement. Can you please share your list of wedding suppliers? Thanks :)

sixseveneight

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2016, 07:08:12 am »
Anyone who held/will hold their reception in Christ the King Hall (Greenmeadows, QC)?  Can you suggest someone who can glam up the venue pero low budget lang? The place looks so bare kasi pero we don't want to spend that much naman. Help!

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2016, 11:05:51 am »
Hello sis diaspora, thank you :)
Here's our list of suppliers...

Church: Manila Cathedral
Reception: Blue Leaf Filipinas Pahiyas Hall
Hotel Preps: Crown Towers City of Dreams
OTD Coordinator: Getting Married
Photographer: Jaja Samaniego
Videographer: Mayad Studios
Host: RJ Ledesma
Hair and Makeup: Gela Laurel & Rj dela Cruz
Entourage Makeup: Patricia Sta. Rosa
Gown: Vidal Clayton of Cecilio Abad
Ento Gown: Team B Cecilio Abad
Groom Suit: TiƱo's
Caterer: Albergus
Event Stylist: Love in Blooms
Lights and Sounds: Sensitivity
Strings: Manila Philharmonic Orchestra
LED Wall: Metrotech
Drapes: Two Best Four
Bridal Car: Cadillac Limousine of R33 Bridal
Choreographer: Edward Cera
DJ: David Ardiente
Cake: Alex Franco
Registration Styling: Moki Gray
Confetti: Dragon Fireworks
Souvenir: Chocolate Confections
Invitation: Concepts & Technology
Photobooth: Baicapture
Photo & Videobooth: TeraLifestyle
Cord, Pillows: ETC Handmade Goodness
Prenup Stylist: Tipping Point
Love Story Video: Hello & Co Cinema

When is your wedding sis?

Tinsflor

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2016, 04:54:24 pm »
Hi sis LavenderBlossom!

You're so right, I should've really haggled with Ms. Jo. I have this thinking kasi na if I haggle too much, baka they might scrimp on the quality of work naman. If it fits the budget and we're talking about a small difference lang, sige fine go, book na yan. Lol. My approach is talagang to butter them up with charm, lambing and bola for me to get them to go down to the price I know (based on my research) is fair. That worked with Ms. Jo kasi she added a lot of freebies to the proposal for the church and reception styling pero unfortunately, hindi na gumana when I switched ballrooms. Lol.

Our venue is at the peninsula. We went from booking the conservatory which could only fit 150 guests, wala pang dance floor yan ha, to the Rigodon which could fit 400 guests comfortably. Ito pa yung nakakaloka, our total over estimated guest size: 180. So for those additional 30 guests, our budget doubled just to hit the venue's minimum revenue. Waaaaaahhh!! Let's all cry nalang. At least we have more flexibility and go all out on food and beverage.

Btw sis, are you from California?

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #437 on: June 12, 2016, 05:56:50 pm »
^ yes sis tinsflor we're from California, Orange County :) we just went to the Philippines to get married, to celebrate with family and friends :)

Sayang sis sana na haggle mo pala kay ms jo, ano naman sya nabibigay nya yung gusto mong price and definitely she won't scrimp on flowers coz you will have mockups :

I'm excited with your setup as well coz love in blooms and teddy ka right? It would be awesome :)

Tinsflor

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2016, 06:08:06 pm »
^ Nice sis! I'm from LA! Same here, we just wanted to get married in the Philippines because we have friends and family there and it's easier for our guests from here to fly to Manila than vice-versa. I really thought that we would save a lot by holding it in the Philippines versus here in the states but little did we know!!! Hahaha!

Anyway, I feel more confident with Ms. Jo now after seeing how she did your reception. All she needs to do for me is to replicate the exact same thing sa church that she styled previously so I'm sure she'll make it look nice. I'll also mention the reviews here in GT para mas aware sya that I know stuff. Hehe. She's easy to talk to pa naman, I hope hindi sya na offend when I switched. Thanks for all your tips! They're so helpful!

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #439 on: June 13, 2016, 12:28:56 am »
^ True sis, grabe wedding sa Philippines it's super expensive  :-\ but definitely more fun!
You're in good hands with Ms. Jo and Teddy, excited to see your wedding sis :)

Here's our photoslideshow pala from Jaja Samaniego, so giddy to share it here  ;D

https://vimeo.com/170369106

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close