Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 154804 times)

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #360 on: February 21, 2016, 01:37:59 am »
I know... But yes I hope Julius of Amante and Nina of KbyC can pull that one of those that I inquired with. But I won't get my hopes at high nalang haha! since my budget is ganun lang. Wish me luck! I'll make bawi nalang somewhere which my guests can appreciate :p

galatea_spheres

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #361 on: February 21, 2016, 10:06:10 am »
Hi, I wandered in after a long time of not visiting this forum, I had my wedding last March 2015 :)

Krescy, I booked Flowers of May for my church flowers, they were one of the cheapest ones I found for my church and Evelyn (one of the owners) was actually very easy to talk to. I also inquired with them about reception styling and entourage but when I saw the bad reviews online, like you, I had second thoughts so I didn't get them for that. Pero they delivered well on my wedding day ha, medyo kinulit ko lang sila throughout the preps (about specifics like the diff vases and pedestal options) kasi nga I was scared of the reviews pero nasunod naman lahat ng pinag usapan namin and I didn't encounter any problem with them at all :)

Hermione28, I was already stressing about my reception styling because I only started preps for my wedding 3 months prior (super procrastinator kasi ako lol) and someone recommended Scenta to me and I called them up. Tamang tama there was a wedding fair that weekend that they were participating in so I went there to talk to Bing who owns Scenta with her husband. Again, I found her very easy to talk to and it was good I visited her because I got the full and detailed quote agad and it was easy to discuss and negotiate face to face so I booked them na agad. I liked them kasi when I told them my budget (which wasnt very high for styling), they didnt reject me outright and suggested how we can all work within my budget (like if gusto ko makatipid, I can outsource the guest table centerpieces etc). In the end, I ended up increasing my budget a little and getting them na for everything including my bridal and entourage flowers kasi maayos naman sila kausap nga. Medyo may time lang near my wedding na nahirapan ako to contact Bing (she wasnt replying to my texts and her phone could not be reached), but once I informed and contacted the other phone numbers on their website, they would get Bing to contact me naman. As for the output on my wedding day, I was also very happy with what Scenta produced. Ang hindi ko lang nagustuhan were the drapes (I went with full ceiling drapes with complete side draping) kasi yung sa side draping they used narrow strips of cloth all throughout and then they sort of stuck together at the edges, basta hindi maganda tingan. Hindi sya mukhang curtains na billowy or pleated sa side, mukha syang stretched na bolts of tela na pinagdikit dikit :( But then again, in fairness to them, we never discussed  how I wanted the side draping to be (although I thought understood parang curtains or at least mas malaking stretches of cloth yun) and my guests didnt think it was a big deal naman when I was telling them I was disappointed with the side draping. Pero ang off kasi tingan for me :( I guess my take away from that is to specify everything haha :) But aside from that, I thought they did a good job. They also gave me a lot of extras I wasnt expecting (cocktail table flowers, cake table and dessert table flowers, extra flowers to be offered to Mary in the church, etc) and would still definitely recommed Scenta :)

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #362 on: February 21, 2016, 03:01:35 pm »
Whew finally booked our event stylist na. Although we dropped the idea early this year because of budget constraints, fiance and I both decided to push through. We got Mindworks Productions by Gary Dacanay. Recommended siya ng friend k n ikinasal. Check him on FB is you're still looking for one. :)

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2016, 03:27:27 pm »
hermione29: I inquired also with Scenta along with like 15 other stylists haha. But the mid-range one I almost booked was Flowers Unlimited.

Ah ok sis thanks, may nabasa akong scenta before, sis sis lots-o  yata yun.


msdianne - sis clarify ko lang. 4 ang florist/stylist mo? I'm just wondering, ilan ang headcount mo for crew meal??

galatea_spheres - his sis, super thank you sa review mo!!!! that's a great feedback from Scenta. About the draoings, buti nalang wala akong Wall drapings. I'll just make sure nalang na maintindihan nila yung bawat detail ng gusto ko. :)

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #364 on: February 21, 2016, 03:56:51 pm »
Kay Amante Fleurs lang crew meal ko for 12 pax at 300 cash allowance :)

Nina by KbyC wala naman Crew meal.

Vatel Manila will deliver the flowers sa hotel. (No crew meal required)

San Ramoune Florist will have church setup (No crew meal required too)

Needless to say I'm really happy with the way I booked them. It may not work on others because I have a classic romantic theme. I'm just lucky that I have KbyC as my catering and Kutchie Zaldarriaga as my Coordinator na takot si Amante Sakanya. If not, for sure I'll get those na above na my budget which I really can't anymore because flowers and styling is not a priority :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:02:16 pm by msdianne »

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #365 on: February 21, 2016, 08:10:34 pm »
@pinaydiaspora I sent them an inquiry on Facebook but seenzoned lang. How else can I contact them?

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #366 on: February 22, 2016, 09:14:22 am »
I was finally able to book na din my stylist. I got Royal Flower Shoppe by Gina Galang. Very easy to talk to. Got her for 210k for everything (church, entourage, VIP, backdrop, 68 reception tables and drapes). Comparing sa mga sinabi nyo, I guess I got her cheap considering the number of tables that we have. I can't wait to see the final output!  Kaso 1 yr pa iaantay ko...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:42:02 am by meixin »

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #367 on: February 22, 2016, 11:35:09 am »
I got quotation of 150k for 150 guest lang. Church, Ento, Reception and Full Ceiling Deapings with Stringlights kay Scenta. Cheaper na to noh? Sa iba kasi 60-80k full drapings with string lights palang.

Reviews kay Scenta mga sis? Sis Chili1113 naalala ko before scenta dapat kukunin mo diba?


Hi Hermoine,

I got Scenta and reviewed them in the suppliers rating forum page as "satisfactory". Overall, you get what you pay for and I am happy that I was on budget with styling. They do not overcharge like other stylist. They might not reply via emails but are easy to talk to face to face.



iamanangel14

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #368 on: March 08, 2016, 09:46:30 am »
Hi mga sis! January 2017 bride here and a new member. i really learn a lot from comments and posts here, nakakatuwa. i hope you can help me on this.

any comments about Henry Pascual and Mike Ruiz? torn between the 2, minsan lang naman tayo ikakasal kaya syempre we want what's best on our wedding day. though there are many event stylist nakakatakot magtake ng risk. unless may marecommend kayong iba. maraming salamat!  :-*
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:48:06 am by iamanangel14 »

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #369 on: March 08, 2016, 10:52:18 am »
^ Uy hi co-january bride! Only comment ko on Henry Pascual is too expensive for me haha!  ;D Mas more on midrange stylist lang ang willing ako :P I got Royal Flower Shoppe by Gina Galang.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #370 on: March 08, 2016, 10:57:54 am »
@iamanangel14: Check out Teddy Manuel too. We were happy and satisfied with his work during our wedding last year. He's also super nice and easy to work with!

Re Henry Pascual, we never had the chance to meet him. We got turned off with one of his staff! May attitude at mapangmata.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #371 on: March 08, 2016, 11:02:21 am »
Maganda din nga gawa ni Teddy Manuel  :) I used to eye Gideon Hermosa, but di ko siya nakikita sa expos and di nagrereply dun sa number at email n nakapost sa website niya so I don't really know how much na sa kanya..

bridezilamnl

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #372 on: March 08, 2016, 11:30:28 am »
Of all the high-end stylist I contacted, Henry Pascual was the most affordable for reception styling. Next was Michael Ruiz and Teddy Manuel being the most expensive. Robert Blancaflor only gave me his starting price but he could probably be the same price as Henry based on my requirements. I had to rethink about my reception styling kasi my caterer naman is KbyC. I have yet to see tho their proposal for ceiling treatment. So far, Henry and Teddy told me they can accommodate just that.

In terms of entourage flowers, I was surprised to know that Henry is almost the same price as Royal Flower Shop pero he posts more event styling in his accounts.:/

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #373 on: March 08, 2016, 12:31:25 pm »
I received 420k quotation from Teddy manuel. hahaha. grabe lang!

Baka ibook ko na si Tropical Blooms. sobrang ok kausap ni Angel, mabilis sumagot. Hopefully they can execute well on the day itself.

Any Tropical blooms bride?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:16:00 am by hermione28 »

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #374 on: March 08, 2016, 01:19:32 pm »
^Ay wow. Dami niyo rin siguro guests sis. :) Pero grabe the suppliers who increase their rates annually. We are fortunate that we booked most of our suppliers in 2014 and got married in 2015, otherwise we can no longer afford our suppliers!!

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #375 on: March 08, 2016, 02:11:01 pm »
150 guest lang sis. naloka nga ako kay teddy manuel. grabe.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #376 on: March 08, 2016, 02:28:48 pm »
^Wow!!! That's a really steep increase considering that we had 200 guests. Although we only got him for church and reception since we got the bridal bouquet and entourage bouquets from different suppliers.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:38:00 pm by caleeice »

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #377 on: March 08, 2016, 07:08:10 pm »
True yan sis caleeice. Whoa almost the same pala tayo sis hermione28. Although nasa top list namin ang event styling we won't go that much naman. Pang honeymoon na sya haha

MichelleZ

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #378 on: March 08, 2016, 07:35:56 pm »

I got Teddy Manuel as well sis for reception styling, bridal bouquet and entou flowers for our wedding last January. I must say super sulit talaga sya and he delivered well, even way beyond our expectations. All of our guests said super ganda ng setup. I never met him personally actually and let my coordinator dealt with him. Our wedding was in Boracay and overseas couple kasi kami. :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:40:45 pm by MichelleZ »

ncs

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #379 on: March 08, 2016, 07:55:22 pm »
So far ok pa naman ako kay Weddings by TV. Had our first meeting with her last week. Gusto ko siya kasi nagrereply siya sa text talaga. Though yung supposedly first 2 meetings namin na-cancel pareho dahil sa work nya sa TV5. Naiintindihan ko naman pero sabi ko sa kanya sana sinasabi rin niya agad sakin. The 2nd time inamina naman niyang fault niya kasi biglaan yung meeting nila tapos sinabi niya lang sakin nung morning.

Siya na rin kinuha ko for my entourage flowers. Gusto ko kasi how she presented the floral order form sakin. I gave her my list of entourage and anong colors ng damit tapos she provided ano yung flowers na gagamitin niya for each abay, pati yung mga fillers na gagamitin niya nilagay niya. So at least nagkaroon ako ng idea kung ano ano yung ilalagay niya and kung bakit ganun yung price.

Pipilitin namin ipasok dun sa 25k (actually 36k talaga kung kasama na crew meals and truck/toll/gas) para sa styling needs. Sabi niya kung meron akong gusto na item na wala siya, kung magagamit naman niya sa ibang clients and in the future, pwede daw siya mag-invest dun tapos hindi na niya ako sisingilin. Sisingilin lang nya ako pag personalized items kunwari may mga monograms na namin yung mga items. Sabi niya kasi pwede siya mag-invest dun sa table runner na sparkly na gusto ko. Though hindi ko alam kung bibili palang siya or meron na siya talaga. Kasi parang sa recent pics niya meorn na siya haha

Pero wala pang centerpiece yan or yung mga flowers. Tinanong ko sa kanya how much tingin niyang magandang budget for the flowres, sabi niya 50k both for reception and church na. E hindi ko naman na planong magpa-style sa church since may basic floral arrangement na dun. Sabi niya 35k if reception lang. Sabi ko sige magprovide siya ng design plan sakin for the 35k budget (inclusive of labor/crew meals/truck kasi separate daw yung sa florist at sa styling team). So if ever magawa niya talaga yan, nasa 70k lang styling ko! SANA!!! Kasi yun lang talaga ang budget ko for styling, actually 60k nga lang eh haha. Pero oh well haha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close