Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 155112 times)

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2015, 07:12:20 am »
finally after a 6 weeks of looking for a stylist. I got Scenta na, I got the this is it feeling from them when even my fiancé wanted to get them. so happy to get this one out of the way.


Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2015, 09:32:56 am »
yay papemelroti!! Congrats in finding your stylist!! =)

mrscreamsoda

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2015, 10:42:25 pm »
I'm not really particular with my table styling. I think if I ever get K by C or passion cooks to cater, I might as well upgrade and let them do my reception styling. Ang concern ko lang is the ceiling. Dahil yung both caterers esp KbyC hindi gaano sa ceiling and drapings. I just want some hanging flowers or yung parang sa Twilight ang effect for my reception ceiling. I'm thinking if I should just source the flowers&florist  from Dangwa to do it instead of getting anotherevent stylist.  What do you think, mga sis? Kasi baka mamaya if I dont upgrade the caterer's styling then get another stylist baka that would mean another 200k. Hehe. Di ko alam kung san ako makakatipid. Haha

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2015, 11:46:04 pm »
^ A mid-range supplier I inquired with who I think also has pwesto in Dangwa, quoted me 10k for hanging orchids for my ceiling. Then cheapest full draping with hanging crystals for my venue was 30k. Partial drapes is 20k.

If you want the Twilight look I think they use a different kind of plant/flower for that called wisteria. But I think kaya yung effect na yon with hanging orchids.

Don't forget your lighting too sis! Kasi if the ceiling drapes arent illuminated properly you will not be able to highlight the additional hanging flowers you spent for. =)

mrscreamsoda

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2015, 12:00:01 am »
Thanks sis Chilli!! Kailan wedding mo? Para makakuha ng idea. Lol! I know KbyC ka rin di ba? I think yung parang kay Heart E. Or Twilight or kahit na ano basta I want the venue to look like that. 100k siguro ibudget ko for that in case kumuha ako ng mid range supplier. Ano name ng tinanungan mo from Dangwa, sis?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2015, 12:18:09 am »
I dont know caterers who do wisteria ceilings. Better get a stylist to execute your peg sis para sure achieve :) Usually i see these things with high end stylists. Meron sa ig i forgot lang who it was i viewed. Meron din yata sa bnb.

K by C bride here. They can upgrade the table centerpieces for a price. I'm allocating 2-3k additional per table for this. They're also doing the backdrop altho im not too particular with this anymore since not sure pa if im going to use it. The rest of my styling (entrance, cocktail area, cocktail tables, trees, tent lighting, etc) will be covered by a midrange stylist. I think i still saved money compared to if I had everything done by a stylist pati the tables.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2015, 01:55:43 am »
Thanks sis Chilli!! Kailan wedding mo? Para makakuha ng idea. Lol! I know KbyC ka rin di ba? I think yung parang kay Heart E. Or Twilight or kahit na ano basta I want the venue to look like that. 100k siguro ibudget ko for that in case kumuha ako ng mid range supplier. Ano name ng tinanungan mo from Dangwa, sis?

Hi sis! My wedding is summer next year. Hindi KbyC ang caterer ko because unfortunately kailangan in-house caterer ng venue ko lang ang allowed.But Ive seen pictures of upgraded centerpieces of K by C and I must say sulit talaga. If I had kbyC I dont think I would also get a stylist for centerpieces pa.

Yung nag quote sa akin ng 10k extra for hanging orchids was Tropical Blooms. Parang ganito daw yung effect, but all white

https://www.facebook.com/163992826959791/photos/pb.163992826959791.-2207520000.1439747171./1042427875782944/?type=3&theater

Mahal ata masyado pag wisteria because imported pa ata. Baka you can just ask for more hanging orchids if you want punong puno talaga. Im sure meron options mabibigay yung stylist.

Pero iba yung napili ko na stylist so iba yung gagawin sa ceiling. But I think OK na yung 10k for hanging orchids plus 30k for draping because Teddy Manuel quoted me 150k for ceiling ONLY!!  And eto yung pinadala na peg ng assistant ni Teddy...

https://instagram.com/p/4MbnP7rAla/?taken-by=teddymanuel


sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2015, 09:15:31 am »
Ayun, it was Teddy! Ganda! Pero for 150k, iyak nalang hahaha

mrscreamsoda

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2015, 09:29:28 am »
Thank you sis Chilli and sparklingjewel!!!

Sis sparklingjewel, yun nga ang plan ko sana. Na sa table styling is yung caterer then sa ceiling is florist nalang sana. But I guess, kuha nalang ng stylist. Ceiling lang naman talaga ang trip ko. Yung kay Heart E sa balesin, sa ceremony were hanging wisteria. Gusto ko nga sana kahit fake lang gamitin nila sa flora. Sobrang nanghihinayang ako after the wedding malalanta lang.

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2015, 07:16:17 pm »
^sis KbyC bride here. I asked them about doing the styling for the ceiling and sadly that is one of their limitations and they would recommend that you hire a stylist for that. I've seen from Passion cooks IG that they style some of their tents but I'm not sure how much that would cost.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2015, 08:08:10 pm »
Thank you sis Chilli and sparklingjewel!!!

Sis sparklingjewel, yun nga ang plan ko sana. Na sa table styling is yung caterer then sa ceiling is florist nalang sana. But I guess, kuha nalang ng stylist. Ceiling lang naman talaga ang trip ko. Yung kay Heart E sa balesin, sa ceremony were hanging wisteria. Gusto ko nga sana kahit fake lang gamitin nila sa flora. Sobrang nanghihinayang ako after the wedding malalanta lang.

Sis, yun ginawa ko, sa table caterer na pero all else i hired a stylist. My pegs are too complicated for my caterer (even if KbyC ako). May fabrication, bulky props and lighting expertise involved kasi, not just flowers. Why not do it that way, di ka ba makakatipid? Baka tipid ka padin at least sa tables. Meron na kasi ako nakita na completely Gideon sya even tables pero super simple lang the tables. I feel na sayang bayad sa high end stylist kung ganun lang din..

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2015, 09:06:15 pm »
^I noticed the same thing. Gideon has simpler centerpieces. He really focuses on ceiling and stage area. =)

mrscreamsoda

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2015, 12:07:14 am »
Yes mga sis, ganun nalang gagawin ko. Kuha nalang ng mid range stylist. At yes, kaya gusto ko magfocus sa ceiling and drapings kasi for me, yun yung nagdadala ng venue. And isa pa, ayaw ko ng masyadong marami sa table. I want my guests to socialize. Ayaw kong may nakaharang sa kanila. Lol!

Si Henry Pascual nakashortlist sa akin. Sana hindi taga.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2015, 12:43:41 am »
^Did you get a quote na from Henry Pascual? Im curious about him. I contacted him but he never replied to me email. I know he's one of the higher end stylists.

mrscreamsoda

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2015, 03:45:50 am »
^ sis, accdg to my list, among Gids, Teddy and Henry, si Henry ang pinakamura. But my list is like 3yrs ago. Hehe.

fornarina

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2015, 02:14:44 pm »
Hi sisses, just want to ask if you can recommend a stylist similar to k by cunanan designs? A midrange stylist would be appreciated, TIA :)

emdchua

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2015, 03:51:22 pm »
^ sis, accdg to my list, among Gids, Teddy and Henry, si Henry ang pinakamura. But my list is like 3yrs ago. Hehe.

Sis mukuhang si henry nga pinaka mura:) He was my event stylist hung nag debut ako ;D H2b kept telling me to get him again kasi baka may discount, pero ayoko na kasi hindi ko type yung execution niya nung debut ko, mukhang children's party. eh any peg ko nun yung chocolate factory. Pero baka mas okay siya sa weddings:)




Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2015, 06:26:37 pm »
mrscreamsoda: You can try also my stylist Robert Blancaflor =) very happy with the service so far and his package was the most sulit among the high end stylists I inquired with namely: Jo Claravall, Teddy M, Dave Sandoval, and Badang Rueda. I inquired with Gideon but didnt meet him since na turn off ako that I have to source the drapes separately pa from someone else.  Try also Badang since he can work naman on your budget. When I spoke with him he said he will make a proposal based on a give budget.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:01:02 pm by Chili1113 »

mrscreamsoda

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2015, 02:08:41 am »
^ thanks sis! I'll email Rob. I was about to email Badang but then Heart's wedding happened (like Teena with Marian). Nadidiscourage ako kapag yung supplier nag-ca-cater na sa big celebs kasi lumolobo din ang rate. lol It started with Gids who quoted me 160k way back then. Ngayon doble na.  ;D

May nakita din ako, Serge Igonia. I saw his sampaguita strands. Tanong ko sakanya kung ano ang outcome kung sa ceiling sya ilalagay. Kaya wala rin akong idea sa range ng rate niya. Hirap ng overseas bride! Super hintay sa responses, mas mabilis pa dito sa GT. lol

ncs

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2015, 06:27:04 pm »
Hello, I booked Weddings by TV as Event Stylist. Nakausap ko si Ms. Tuesday and yung 25k na rate pala niya ay inclusive na lahat ng gamit na meron sila. Bale free rental everything that they have. Ang additional cost nalang ay flowers and any props/design na gusto mo na wala sila. And sabi niya they have a lot of props and gamit na. So iniisip ko pwedeng kung anong meron siya, yun nalang ang gagamitin ko para wala na masyadong additional cost tee hee!. And magpi-present siya ng parang mood board tapos ang mga pine-present daw niya dun are the things that they already have para no additional charge. Hanggang ngayon hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala na inclusive sa 25k yung mga gamit na meron sila. Sabi niya you can also provide her a budget para she will work around that. Sana minimal nalang yung magiging additional charge for the flowers kasi I do not want to spend 100k on event styling alone. She is yet to send me a design proposal, so let's see how much everything will cost. :) Parang too good to be true kasi hehe

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close