Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 154741 times)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2015, 04:30:20 pm »
Hi Chili, when you say communication issues, are you pertaining to delayed replies or the quality of the response? The reason I ask is that I also chose a stylist who doesn't reply as fast as I would like (her usual response time is 1.5-2 weeks) but when she does, everything is clear and professional so I don't mind the delay. I think more than your coordinator's past experience, check also if your L/S supplier has worked with Flowers Unlimited because they will have to work together too. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2015, 05:08:26 pm »
Hi Reese17! The communication issues are both in the delay and quality of the replies. For instance, not all my emails are addressed. I have re-send the email and then text them to remind them to follow up. It takes them about 5 days to a week to reply. However, the difficulty also is that they will only answer my questions partially. For instance in my last email I sent a picture and asked how much the centerpiece would be, and also if they will be doing a mock-up. Five days later they reply regarding the cost but failed to answer the question about the mock-up. So there!

Now I can take it. But I dont know if I will have the patience as the wedding nears. I only got OTD service so I cannot make my coordinator handle them for me. But I am really tempted to book them. They are the only mid-range supplier whose execution I like.

On the upside I have never heard a negative review re output. Several brides in another wedding forum even said that the execution is even better than she expected. Quality of flowers used is also superb according to reviews.

Which floral arrangement/setup do you prefer? Which is more impressive?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:12:57 pm by Chili1113 »

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2015, 05:20:17 pm »
^ Personally, I would go with Robert Blancaflor only because I prefer minimal and elegant setups. However, if you are going for lush flowers and believe FU can provide better value, go with them! As long as they've styled for your venue before and can work with your L/S, I think that should be good. Plus they're within your budget diba? :) Every peso counts, hehe.

To manage the communication issues, I suggest you set a face to face meeting nalang so you get your answers right away. Just bring your pegs and a notebook (kung di sila magaling sa documentation) so you can keep track of the costing. I did the same with Natural Art and it worked well naman.

Just to share, I also found it hard to communicate with my L/S supplier initially but a F2F meeting always, always helps. We were able to nail down exactly what we wanted and discuss pricing in detail.

Hope this helps!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2015, 05:41:53 pm »
Thanks so much reese17!! Yes perhaps it is time to meet them face to face =) I also like Robert's setup a lot. But it is the phalaenopsis orchids that comes with it which I am having a difficult time letting go hahaha No prob with venue, as they done many events there in the past. For L&S I have yet to ask them who the are used to working with. Let me check Natural Art also! Thanks so much!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2015, 06:10:19 pm »
Speaking as someone who actually booked Flowers Unlimited despite the initial communication problems, i would say meeting with them might be the answer to your question. In the meeting they will be able to answer all your questions in detail--- but it will be up to you if you think you can work with them as they may not communicate to you as elegantly as you expect. Hehe. Basta, you'll get what i mean. Get a feel of whether you can work with them then. :) Goodluck!

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2015, 03:33:06 am »
i was quoted 35k for styling of welcome area, registration table and stage backdrop. is this price okay? still not 100% sure of getting this, pag may extra budget lang. just wanna know if i got a good deal or not.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2015, 02:20:21 pm »
Hi chili. I booked ours 9 months before the wedding. If your wedding falls on a hot date, your preferred stylist may no longer be available 4 months before the wedding, especially if you get a popular one.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2015, 02:43:53 pm »
Thanks caleeice! I dont think my May wedding is a hot date naman. But then again perhaps I wont have peace of mind if I book with only 4 months to go! But sayang I wanna see sana actual setup before getting one. hehe

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2015, 03:05:33 pm »
Maybe you can ask that supplier if you can visit one of the weddings they're doing just so you can see an actual setup. :) Para hindi gahol to book only 4 months before the wedding and risk having them say no because they're fully booked on that day. DTS just posted that May is one of the peak wedding months here in PH.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2015, 04:17:42 pm »
Really?!?! Oh my I didn't think May was a peak month as it is so so hot! Thanks so much for all the tips Caleeice!

FutureMrsU

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2015, 11:00:50 pm »
Guys, you might want to check out The Supper Collective for styling and even personalized invites (calligraphy) :) They relatively new, but very promising. The Supper Collective on FB and @suppercollective on IG :)

kuhjo

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2015, 07:07:59 am »
Hi sis,

May i know the names of the Event Stylist that you're recommending? My wedding is on Nov 2015 at Fernbrook. May ceremony florist nako. Yung sa reception nalang sana na stylist yung gusto ko kasi yung Caterer namin (Juan Carlo), medyo di ako satisfied kahit pa upgraded na nila yung styling.

TIA sis ha! Super na sstress ako sa stylist talaga kasi na overlook ko sya gawa all the while akala ko di ko na kailangan gawa ng meron na free sa Juan Carlo.

Thanks sis! 😊

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2015, 01:32:25 pm »
Hi Chili.

How much for the styling of Robert Blancaflor and Dave Sandoval?

zaji731

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2015, 03:32:55 pm »
Hi Sis Chili1113
Can you pm me their rates and inclusions as well, I'm looking to set up a black & white minimalist reception naman. Just started arranging for the wedding full swing yesterday and medyo hataw na talaga dahil January first week ang wedding ko  :o

Really appreciate your feedback.

TIA

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2015, 06:57:16 pm »
^Will send you a pm zaji and msdianne

cheezyjen

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2015, 12:49:39 pm »
Advise lang mga sis. To anyone still on the look for their event stylist. Beware of NARCISSUS EVENT STYLING Aside from False Advertisement (not everything you see in their page is their work. Hard Sell sa marketing. Their tag-line of Affordable elegance is so untrue. Yung packages na ibibigay nila you would think cheap.. But pucho pucho na styling lang. and if you want a real elegant set up.. They would charge you a whole new styling fee pa on top of their proposed package which already includes styling na.. So double charging right.. You would only get to know that after you settled downpayment na.. So sayang ang DP.

With their double charging it would amount na kapresyo na ni Gideon [textspeak!] chinarge sayo at a very least quality.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2015, 03:04:00 pm »
^OMG I checked Narcissus Event Styling. You're right sis, they use pictures of others stylists and claim it as their own!!

LOL The other pictures halatang halata the wedding was done abroad and not in Manila, hence not their event at all.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:15:04 pm by Chili1113 »

geek_squad

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2015, 08:25:22 pm »
sis cheezyjen may I ask what happened? I am just new here sa forum and kaka start palang namin ni h2b mag plan ng wedding namin for next year. Nag hahanap din kami ng stylist na affordable para sa wedding namin and isa sa mga kinoconsider namin yung Narcissus. Nakita kase namin sa FB post nila na sila nag style nung sa Nathaniel (teleserye) na wedding scene and mukhang maganda naman. 

cheezyjen

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2015, 09:39:16 pm »
True sis. Kaya we should really be very careful in choosing our suppliers. We all want to get the best value for our hard earned money.

cheezyjen

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2015, 09:19:50 am »
Hi Sis geeksquad. Their showcase works are different from what they will implement. You'll be enticed during fairs or food tasting with "their showcase setup" and so called "affordable packages". You will lay down all your requirements and they will agree that they will do that. With their showcase that you have in mind you would think that they can pull it off. But once they start (which they plan quite late) you'll notice that their stylist attending to your package are not the one who does their showcase setup. As in mukhang newbie yung  stylist nila that would attend to their packages. As in super plain and pucho puchong style ang ilalatag nila and when you look for the kind of styling they do at the showcase. They would charge you additional 100k plus for their "intricate" styling daw. So with the package that waas supposed to include styling na, you would be obliged to pay additional unreasonable styling fee pa to execute the kind of styling you're expecting. Thus, in the end, it's like you paid for the same price you would pay high end stylist. You wouls only come to know this when your event is so close na.. That you'll end up having no choice.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close