Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 154873 times)

akdorr21

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2015, 09:53:06 am »
Sis Lalamesina, ask ko lang yung name ng stylist you were recommending, will look for their projects sana, thank you! :) Thanks to your replies sis sparklingjewel and feniquiline. Will check them also  ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:01:15 am by akdorr21 »

carlallanwed

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2015, 11:53:21 am »
Does anyone know suppliers of lawn games?  I was thinking of putting up giant Jenga, tic tac toe and other lawn games by our cocktail area instead of the usual cocktail tables.  Just something different for the guests to themselves entertained while we take photos elsewhere before dinner.

I contacted Teena Barretto already but she said her staff is still on leave on my wedding date.... which is January 2, 2016. 

Appreciate your feedback, girls, thank you!

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2015, 01:04:01 pm »
^Try Gigantically :)

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2015, 01:23:30 pm »
^ sis try Teamba for the lawn games. i saw them do this for a wedding and the couple and guests were very happy with the result.

xsugar

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2015, 01:51:18 pm »
hi sis edna_mode , how was your meeting with Narcissus team?

carlallanwed

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2015, 02:10:41 pm »
Thank you, sissies caleeice bzbee! :)

akdorr21

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2015, 01:30:42 am »
Fast magreply si Ms. Niqui and she really is accommodating. Waiting for her proposal pa. ;)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2015, 01:30:29 pm »
Apart from lawn games and photo backdrops and of course ample food & drinks, ano pa kaya option for activities during outdoor/ garden cocktail hour? We're having 1.5 hours na cocktails and medyo hindi patok sa crowd namin yung lawn games as evidenced by a recent wedding na same yung attendees.. nilangaw lang yung lawn games, yung couple themselves lang halos pumunta dun to play to get people there. I am getting a bit paranoid lang that i will need to provide something extra but i dont know what!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2015, 02:42:15 pm »
sparklingjewel: hmmm who is doing your entertainment during cocktail hour? Before I was planning to get a harpist to play. si H2B wanted naman a downtempo dj and setup a lounge area but medyo I shot that down because mahal. I think your guests will be OK as long as there food and drink, entertainment, and a place to sit and relax and mingle =)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2015, 03:26:00 pm »
^Chili1113 we have not hired a live performer for the cocktail hour. Our band cannot be the one since they are performing both at the church and reception already. Still thinking if this is necessary kasi or pwede naman tipirin. Yes what I did invest on so far is additional seating and dressing up the place so they can take nice photos. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2015, 03:58:43 pm »
Sparklingjewel: hmmm baka you can get even just a keyboardist to play on the side and in between band sets? I think minimal fee lang if it is just a keyboardist. Baka even less than 5k? or guitarist and flute? Anyway I am sure your wedding will be gorgeous because of the setting. Some cocktail hours nga no entertainment or nothing, just finger food and a drink =)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2015, 06:29:14 pm »
sparklingjewel, maybe some kind of interactive or unusual food station could work? I think tasting bars can be a lot of fun -- there was a cheese bar at the last wedding I went to, or you could do something alcoholic (whisky, craft beer, bellinis)... a hot chocolate bar might be nice since you're getting married in Tagaytay? :)

Or if you're doing any kind of guestbook, put it out during cocktail hour for guests to fill out :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2015, 08:03:35 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, sevenstars! Apart from the hors d' oeuvres we're having an extra food station with pica pica, and a coffee (brewed + blended) and juice bar setup, no alcohol muna. Will think about that cheese bar and what else we could add. Na-cchallenge creativity ko! At wallet! Haha.

Hmm di ko alam if our guests are the type who would enjoy filling up those guestbook or note type of things pero i shall pinterest more and maybe i'll come up with something pwede ko pagawa sa stylist. Will share here :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2015, 11:35:12 pm »
sparklingjewel, add a few bottles of prosecco or champagne to your juice bar -- instant bellini bar! Hehe.

In my circle a lot of people don't seem to be keen on the 'advice cards' kind of guestbook but I've seen some cool ideas on Pinterest; one of our friends asked people to sign next to their favourite word in the dictionary which was pretty fun (admittedly we're a bunch of nerds) :)

carlallanwed

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2015, 01:11:55 pm »
Hi sis Chili1113!  Negotiate mo lang with the supplier.  Your reasons naman are not without merit.  So for sure, they'll haggle naman.

The only supplier that required me to pay in full before the event is the venue.  I doubt naman kung matakasan nila ako sa pagfulfill non.  HAHAHAHA.  All the rest, on the day, for P/V upon delivery of finished product.

Hope this helps!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2015, 01:59:48 pm »
Chili, I am paying my stylist and L/S in full prior to the wedding. However, I understand your concerns! The only reason why I am OK with this arrangement is because these suppliers are trustworthy na and have a good reputation (I haven't seen negative reviews anywhere plus my OTD and AE for Enderun highly recommend them also). If you're considering a stylist who's not that established yet or has mixed reviews online, I think you can definitely negotiate. :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2015, 02:00:57 pm »
Sis chili, you can negotiate to pay in full on the day itself. We were able to negotiate that with ours. As we understand supplier's point of view as well, we told our stylist that few days before the wedding, we'll give a post-dated check (date is wedding day). :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2015, 02:50:39 pm »
Chili, based entirely on the table arrangements I would say Flowers Unlimited seems like better value -- are they offering you a comparable ceiling treatment as well? You could try to work with them to update the styling a bit (ask about different containers, that sort of thing) but I'm guessing that may be an exercise in frustration due to the communication issues.

For what it's worth, I chose a florist who has communication problems because I loved her portfolio... but only because I knew my coordinator worked with her a lot and could manage her for me. Hehe.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:54:03 pm by sevenstars »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2015, 02:58:11 pm »
thanks sevenstars for your valuable opinion!! Flowers Unlimited included an almost identical draping treatment as Robert except that they will not cover the chandeliers like Robert can. But I dont mind so much. Thing is though, my coordinator hasn't worked with Flowers Unlimited in a while. You are right! I can update the styling by choosing from whatever accessories like candle holders, mirrored bases, etc that they may have. Thanks so much for the input.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:18:24 pm by Chili1113 »

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2015, 04:07:00 pm »
Chili, it's a drawback nga that they haven't worked with your coordinator. But if you think the communication issues will be manageable in the end, I think Flowers Unlimited will get you closer to your desired look -- I remember lang kasi before you mentioned you really wanted a very lush look for the flowers :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close