Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 154727 times)

djctapalla23

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 06:01:38 am »
I happen to contact Gina Galang of Royal Flower Shoppe & her staff told me she's in a meeting so it's better if I text her. I did just that & sent her an email too but until now - no response. Her shop is near our home (roughly 10-15minutes away sans heavy traffic) but I'm hesitant of just showing up without a proper appointment.
Has anybody tried Flowers & Beyond as an event stylist? I asked of his rates for reception venue styling & he says it's Php20000. I wasn't able to ask him further what this includes as he's currently admitted in a hospital.
Can you please recommend mid-level event stylists who won't ask exorbitant fees but will deliver greatly? I feel that I just need something to spruce up the lowly floral centerpiece the reception venue has given me. TIA!

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 06:34:30 pm »
hi mga sis, feedback naman kay dave sandoval. i have seen some of his works ang ganda, i wonder kung okay syang katrabaho thanks

subzero

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 06:35:57 pm »
Im happy na madami rin nakapansin ng post ko about my event stylist, JJ eugenio of my green affairs, you can check his page.

Im a one happy and satisfied bride. Isa sa mga hinding hindi ko regret at forever na kasama sa memory ng wedding ko kung paano niya pinaganda ang venue.

He is really nice and easy to deal with. And i swear-- ang ganda at very reasonable ang packages niya.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2015, 03:40:10 pm »
^Sadly i inquired with him and after giving me an estimate i asked for the breakdown why it was that much and he never bothered to get back to me on that. I thought he had potential too, si JJ, but i dont want a bulk quotation as i want to see where the money goes.

raia_1303

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 05:17:13 pm »
Hello Sis sparklingjewel and Chilli, my brother got Flowers Unlimited also for his wedding in 2010 in Mandarin, and the set up was really beautiful and classy. However, they really are hard to find and communicate din so I didn't get them for my bestfriend's wedding.

Sis djctapalla23, I had a not so good experience communicating with Gina Galang. Just to make it short, we agreed to meet in Makati by 1pm, I told her I was just in the area, so she just needs to text me if she's already in starbucks. no reply. I texted her around 1pm if she's there already or if she was going to be late so I could adjust, again no reply. Around 3pm I texted again if she can make it, no reply. Around 4pm she called me telling that she was feeling sick, and was just getting out of her meeting, I told her I have a meeting by 5pm, she told me she was going to wait for me I told her there was no assurance that I can still meet her, but she insisted. She got mad because I gout out of my meeting around 7pm and she said she's not going to wait for me. Then I texted her apologizing, and told her my schedule that day was really fixed, but she didn't reply na. So we ended up not getting her. As a client and a supplier, a reply is very important to me, kahit "I am in a meeting, will text you asap" is okay. But no response is really a no-no for me. It just send wrong signals to me. Sorry but this is what I experienced with her.



 

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 09:34:06 pm »
^Red flag yan for Gina Galang. Who treats a client like that when it's her fault in the first place as she was late to the original appointment. Tss.

killbill

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 01:32:11 am »
My batchmate owns Creative Styling By JBL. Siya yung go-to person nila Ruffa G. and iba pang local celebs.

bellagirl

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2015, 03:23:49 am »
I inquired with my green affairs as well, at first i was impressed because all my pegs were taken into consideration pero un nga the breakdown is malabo. He is nice naman kausap but very informal and naturnoff ako because I'm still a potential client so i expect professionalism in answers(im not machika kase, and i email them naman in a formal way). okay naman sana yung machika but if i ask 5 questions, i expect him to answer all 5 and not just 1 of the questions. nakakafrustrate lang na ulitin lagi yung question. mejo malabo din kausap because the informal conversation we agreed to lower the price pero the revised quote still shows the initial price.  I wanted it to work sana because the agreed price is very reasonable pero communication wise nakaka-frustrate. their set ups are nice though kaya nanghihinayang ako..

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 11:17:30 pm »
Hi sisses! I have come down to my final 3 options for my event stylist! Deciding between

1. Henry Pascual
2. Jo Claravall
3. Gideon Hermosa

Each stylist is mga 10k more expensive than the last, Henry is the cheapest, then Jo is another 10k more, then Gids is another 10k more than Jo.

Out of the 3, who would you recommend more? Any feedback would be appreciated!

momxfive

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 11:30:21 pm »
^ We are getting Gideon Hermosa for my daughter's debut, highly recommended by my friend. Sya kasi nag-style ng prom ng Poveda and it was really beautiful, to think na sa gym yun ng school hehe. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 01:38:26 pm »
raia_1303: Thanks sis so much for your feedback on Flowers Unlimited as I am considering them for my wedding. I really appreciate feedback on them since there is very little you can find online.

Hmmmm they really are difficult to communicate with noh?  However, the feedback Ive seen about them is that the setup is always beautiful and lush and that they dont scrimp on the flowers. I really cant stand suppliers who are difficult to communicate with. However, I am still keeping an open mind with this supplier for as long as they deliver as promised and do not scrimp on quantity and quality of flowers. I also like them because they have better quality accessories than Gina Glang (sorry find her spray painted accessories cheap looking) and other mid-range suppliers.

Really tempted with Flowers Unlimited since their proposal will save me about 50k VS a top tier stylist. However I am still weighing my options if that 50k savings is worth the stress of dealing with a supplier who is difficult to communicate with. Also, of course the top tier designer had a more unique design, but I am willing to let that go for the savings, as long as the setup is really lush with flowers I approved of.

Please let me know raia_1303 if your bro or sis-in-law mention anything else more about Flowers Unlimited. Thanks!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:40:13 pm by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2015, 07:21:29 pm »
^They've replied to you initially right, Chili1113? Have you met with them yet? I suggest baka you might wanna meet them na and discuss everything there... the proposal they gave me was pretty detailed (with itemized cost plus pictures of execution) but maybe it was because my initial inquiry was that way too. Try to provide them as many details as you can so they can just say yes no and how much it will cost. Hehe. But the meeting helped rin because we ended up changing some things and very machika naman siya.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 02:03:54 am »
Thanks so so much sis Sparklingjewel youve helped me a lot! Actually they replied much faster after I told them that I know you heheh And they sent me a detailed quotation. However, it took them many weeks haha that was the same with my 1st inquiry with them last year.

I plan to meet them but perhaps after summer na. I put my wedding plans on hold first since I feel like I can't move until H2B finalizes his side of the wedding guest list, so I can adjust the budget accordingly hehe

Actually I have a feeling that Flowers Unlimited is just difficult to reach and they don't reply fast, but I have yet to see a review about them that says they didn't meet the expectations of the clients.

BTW sis are you having a mock up with them?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:48:52 am by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2015, 12:26:03 am »
Your wedding is more than a year away pa naman! Lots of time. :) I have the same impression of them as you do.

I might not be requesting for a mock-up anymore since majority of the things I am asking them to do, they have already done in a past wedding (in Angelfields also coincidentally). Siguro just the unique items im requesting, i will ask for mock-ups. :)

dolphine

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 08:35:40 pm »
Hi,

Do you have any feedbacks on Natural Art? Can you share some pictures of wedding receptions done by them ?

Thanks in advance! :)

djctapalla23

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2015, 02:49:30 am »
Hi sisses sparklingjewel & raia_1303! Thanks for giving me a heads up on Gina Galang. From my experience, we had exchanged SMS on March 19, 2015 re my reception styling requirements as she had suggested to just email them to her. I had to text her twice just to get a reply if she had received & read my email, sadly NO RESPONSE.
I finally have a reception venue & their accredited florists/stylists are Clieo's Flowers & Amante Fleurs. Both of which are difficult to talk to as the former handles all the floral arrangements on their other events places/branches (I'm unimpressed with her setup plus the flowers on the table I am seated during the foodtasting were dried up & dying) & the latter as you & other brides mentioned does not reply ASAP. This is so frustrating! (>﹏<)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2015, 11:29:19 pm »
^ dolphine, I booked Natural Art for my wedding but so far I can only give you feedback on my initial meeting / communication with Abhie. :)

In terms of communication, Abhie doesn't reply as fast but I usually get an email from her in around 1.5-2 weeks. Consistent naman and professional siya so I'm ok na even if it takes her a while to respond to me.

I also like that their business has mall branches making it easier to meet up. She also gave me an itemized quotation so I saw where my money was going to go. Open din siya with your budget constraints. Told her na I can only afford x amount and she gave suggestions.kung saan ako makakatipid.

So far, no cons pa naman. (Keeping my fingers crossed!) Hope this helps.

dolphine

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2015, 02:59:44 pm »
Hi Reese17 :)

Oh! That's good to hear :) May I know kung anong theme yung napili mo and if saan yung reception? :)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2015, 01:22:46 pm »
^ I don't really have a theme in mind, just the usual flowers, candles and lots of soft lights :) Reception will be at Enderun's Tent. :)

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 09:33:22 am »
Has anyone tried or transacted na with Narcissus Events Styling? My brother and his fiance are planning to get them for their wedding next year. Their P78K Styling package is really great and it already includes 32 LED lights, plus the crew meals and also styling for backdrop, couple's table, buffet table, guest tables, VIP tables, registration table

https://www.facebook.com/narcissusthemestyling

we've already met up with them and super ayos kausap.  When we went to their little showroom, we saw that they are heavily invested talaga sa mga materials nila.. I saw a lot of chandeliers, candelabra and other crystal decor.  They've been doing styling daw for 14 yrs na.. Im just surprised that no one has heard of them before.  So Im hoping to get some feedback and baka some GT girls have heard of them before?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close