Author Topic: 2015 Brides (Part 5)  (Read 66370 times)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #460 on: May 07, 2015, 05:17:32 pm »
Thanks for your advices sis fantabulous! :) I agree with "appointing someone" aside from your coordinators.. with the Christian weddings I've been to, they have what they call a "wedding governor" and one of our ninongs who's been coordinating Christian weddings for 20 yrs is the one we chose for that purpose. Our officiating minister too have their own set of coordinators so during the ceremony, hands off ang coordinators na kinuha namin.. but of course, may idea sila about what's happening and tutulong sila if need be.

Enjoy married life!! :) again, congratulations!

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #461 on: May 07, 2015, 07:12:38 pm »

I'm all for wedding inspiration blogs, after all that's where I found most of my suppliers, but sometimes I feel like it's becoming a contest  :P :P :P Gone are the days when weddings were simple. Minsan because of all the pretty details/inspiration we see online or from previous weddings we've attended, we tend to set the bar higher and higheeeeer. We're being too hard on ourselves! E.g. "Ay nagawa na yan sa wedding ni ___, dapat iba naman sakin. or dapat mas maganda yung ganito ko.." etc.

Remember:
"Comparison is the thief of joy: stop comparing yourself to other brides."  :-* :-* :-* I'm sure every bride's wedding is unique and beautiful, simple man or extravagant :D Happy preps to everyone!

Sis ff_rabbit.. I am very pleased while reading your reply to my post. :) The Bride Manifesto is definitely one of the best wedding advice I've read so far.. I think there's nothing wrong naman to follow blogs and wedding inspiration websites. But true, meron talaga na parang nakikipag compete sa ibang brides.. na mas importante for them na the guests will notice how elegant the wedding is, instead of how beautiful the couple are. Tsk! Sad reality.

I'm happy for you though na you had those realisations. I agree that every wedding is beautiful and special and all these things that we are preparing now wouldn't even matter afterwards coz life after marriage is even more challenging than the stresses we've encountered during the preps.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #462 on: May 07, 2015, 09:01:28 pm »
Hi mga sissies ! Kakatapos ko lang gumawa ng wedding day timeline, parang 2hours ko ata ginawa haha! Di ko masyadong kinarir e haha! Dinivide ko sa 3: hotel, church at reception timeline. If gusto nyo makita, send me a message na lang:)

AngelSings

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #463 on: May 07, 2015, 09:35:36 pm »
Hi! Newbie here! I just want to share my experience in my prenup shoot recently.. I think the real motivation with this review is that my prenup suppliers deserve to receive credits due to them. I can say we were in good hands all the while :)

Nothing bias, I would rate them and reasons :)
Stylist: Aira Franco ( 9/10)

One of the few reasons I decided to have engagement stylist is because I cannot do makeup.. I am one of those who is not kikay, and my wardrobe is simple.. Haha so, I have dilemmas and ounces of self doubt as the shoot has to be done. I could say Aira is one of those people who is straightforward. It could be seen by others as not friendly or not accommodating. But for me, ok siya, no sugar coating, and she replied to my queries kahit ang kulit ko and without downpayment at first. When we met her, she knew what has to be done and sent our look boards 1 month before our shoot. She also told us beforehand that she cannot attend out shoot bec, her wedding is coming up. But I was fine by that. She is prompt in responding my queries, mostly within 24 hours kahit Medyo makulit ako.. On the day, Fritz Mortel did my make up ( airbrush pa) and she is good. Che Ramos is our on site stylist and although Aira is not around, Che would viber our clothes and and her pairings to Aira to have it approved. That proves she is very hands on. I really have good impression and felt more at ease. During the shoot they took care of all our clothes and stuff, consistently around to adjust hair and makeup, and outfit wipe our perspiration and made encouraging remarks and joking comments to bring out the best smiles from us. I must say, time flew all too quickly for the shoot. Never did I felt stressed out all the way. And when they said they took care of accessories, they really bought 1 big luggage and 1 big organizer in addition to another luggage of makeup all brought by two ladies. I am happy with them although my standards could be simple compared others :)

Photographer: Michelle Pineda (9/10)
Our stylists got a good partner, which if our photographer Michelle. While me and h2b are a bit shy but willing to pose, Michelle took command and directed us throughout the shoot which is a good thing. Or else, Baka Wala nangyari.. Hahaha beingi n command she also listens to what we want. In one layout, I kind of wanted a twirl dancing shot and tried to do it but it is a pool shot so Hindi bagay. Instead, she suggested we do it in our next layout haha .. It is important photographers listen to you bec. Before going to shoots, brides to be tends to look for pegs online or dream looks and we don't want to disappoint ourselves, right? I got a lot of shots.. From 1:30 to 6, me and my h2b enjoyed the shoot. I did not felt them protest or slack off.. It was really memorable all thanks to our photographer and stylists.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #464 on: May 08, 2015, 01:53:15 am »
Best wishes, sis fantabulous! 😊 yey graduate ka na!

Haaay nakakaloka talaga itong nega reviews about Dreamechanics. I don't know what to do. First the quality of their work was questioned, and now their work ethics. sana makarating sa kanila these feedbacks.

120515

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #465 on: May 08, 2015, 07:34:47 am »
i just want to share my conversation with my father last night, which made me cry.
he was talking about their (my mother and himself) plans to buy an additional plot of land this year that would cost them about 800k. he said this is what they saved up over the last few years. but because of this they won't be able to contribute to my wedding in december.
now, the thing is we never asked our parents to spend anything for our wedding. i have repeatedly told my parents that we, as a couple, will be shouldering all the costs. so i reminded him right away that he shouldn't worry about the wedding expenses because we're handling it.
then he told me he was really embarassed, ashamed really, that he isn't able to give anything for the wedding. i felt so sorry that my father would feel this way but also very touched at the thought that he really wants to contribute. i told him that it's my wedding so i should be the one paying my share, not him, and that he should spend his money for himself. i even told him to just use the money for a vacation for himself and mama.
i cried to my husband after my call.
our parents really do just want to do what is best for us. i'm very lucky that my parents have not meddled in the wedding planning and that they trust our judgment. i guess we should just deal with them gently and firmly when there is something they suggest but we do not agree with because they only have our best interests in their hearts and they really only have good intentions.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #466 on: May 08, 2015, 07:47:32 am »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( sis 120515  :'( :'(  happy for you

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #467 on: May 08, 2015, 07:58:22 am »
You are one lucky girl sis 120515 to have such wonderful parents! :) we are paying for our own wedding too and both my side and hubby's side are not cintributung financially (mostly leg work sila which is a big thing na for us) and I super appreciate that.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #468 on: May 08, 2015, 08:20:37 am »
wow super lucky mo sis 120515:))

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #469 on: May 08, 2015, 08:40:57 am »
^^^ang swerte mo sis! sa case ko wala din naman mabibigay parents ko kaya di ako umasa. pero sa part ng father in law ko sya nahirapan kasi sa kanya daw lalaki. eh syempre wala din naman sya extra money since nagpapaaral pa sya ng anak. kaya ginawa nalang nya sinagot nya damit nya tsaka yun renta ng van sa side nila. tsaka yun mga pinaayos na papers sa kanya ng husband ko sya na gumastos. di din naman nanghingi husband ko sa kanya kasi ayaw din nya manghingi

120515

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #470 on: May 08, 2015, 08:56:47 am »
thanks everyone! it was a wake up call for me because it never crossed my mind that my parents might feel this way.
i love all the positive stories about how our parents have helped in their own ways to our weddings :)

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #471 on: May 08, 2015, 09:06:39 am »
^I agree with our sissies here.sis 120515 you are so lucky to have parents like them. We shouldered all the expenses on our wedding. Hindi din kami nag-expect na both our parents will share 'cause we're too old, nakakahiya na. At tama ka sis, it is time that our parents enjoy life na walang iniisip.

janagirl

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #472 on: May 08, 2015, 10:57:35 am »
Best wishes, sis fantabulous! 😊 yey graduate ka na!

Haaay nakakaloka talaga itong nega reviews about Dreamechanics. I don't know what to do. First the quality of their work was questioned, and now their work ethics. sana makarating sa kanila these feedbacks.

Hi sis, if client ka nila, best to let them know yung mga feedback about them. Para come your wedding day, mag eeffort siguro sila to prove na even though may mga ganitong feedback about them, hindi ganon lagi ang case. They'll try to make bawi sa mga negative reviews. :) And makakatulong pa sa ibang future clients nila.

Th3tai

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #473 on: May 08, 2015, 11:01:29 am »
Couldn't agree more...

I think, Parents, They totally rock!
We are all very lucky.
They are the sweetest.


I envy you, because you had that conversation with your dad... I think Your dad is a sweet father. When I was younger nakikita ko yung sarili ko talking to my dad about my wedding... And he would tell a thing or two about married life. But hindi na mangyayari yun... I lost my dad when I was still in college and lost my mom after I passed my board exam...So, i'll be walking down the aisle alone.

sakura30

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #474 on: May 08, 2015, 11:18:09 am »
I enjoyed reading this that I actually felt the need to post the link for everyone to read. Got it from a GT sis who shared her sentiments to me towards the wedding preps.

http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/the-brides-manifesto/


Thank you for sharing Sis. That was a great reminder. I stopped reading anything wedding-related for a while kase envy had started to creep in me. I had to pause and refocus kung ano talaga yung gusto kong wedding personally at hindi yung weddings na nababasa ko. It's easy to be overwhelmed and lose track of original plans. Thanks for sharing!

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #475 on: May 08, 2015, 02:03:46 pm »
^Sis, ako rin. I don't visit wedding sites as much as I did before. Hehe.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #476 on: May 08, 2015, 02:24:16 pm »
^I think our suppliers will do a great job sis :) I leave everything to them. I'm keeping in my mind and heart the reason why I book them on the first place and it hasn't changed even if I see weddings of others.. basta para sakin magiging maganda ang wedding coz all the people we love will be present. :) I'm getting more and more excited. 3 weeks to go! :)

fantabulous

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #477 on: May 08, 2015, 04:07:56 pm »
Hello sis! Congratulations on your wedding!

 I'm saddened about your experience with them. I booked them for our wedding this July. So this makes me a little worried. But, I'm praying for the best and will give feedback after...

Hi sis! Don't be worried; basta cover everything through careful preps. Also, make kulit with them, as in be very insistent about meet-ups. I have not yet received their video, which according to the contract I signed with them, will be delivered in 6 months after the event, at the most. Our wedding was last 28 April, and I sent them an email last Wednesday, 6 April, to request for the raw video, which was allowed in the contract, pero sa awa ng Diyos wala pa ring sagot. They have very poor turnaround replies, and in one instance, even denied receiving my email. I had to forward the email in question, which clearly showed the date and time it was sent. No apologies from them after that sent email. Anyway, we suggest to be firm with them, and to ask your coordinator to help you in this.

fantabulous

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #478 on: May 08, 2015, 04:22:40 pm »
Enter your message here
Hi sis, if client ka nila, best to let them know yung mga feedback about them. Para come your wedding day, mag eeffort siguro sila to prove na even though may mga ganitong feedback about them, hindi ganon lagi ang case. They'll try to make bawi sa mga negative reviews. :) And makakatulong pa sa ibang future clients nila.

I agree sis. If they are professional, they will take these feedback in stride and do something to rectify the shortcomings. It is true that every wedding is different. So there is no need to unduly worry. Since other couples' weddings have not yet occurred and you already hear feedback like mine, there is still time to prepare that your own wedding will not be jeopardized.

Maple19

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #479 on: May 08, 2015, 04:38:57 pm »
Awwww 120515 ang sweet ng parents mo...  :'( You're lucky they are really supportive of you and at the same time hands off din sila sa preps mo.   :)

^Sis, ako rin. I don't visit wedding sites as much as I did before. Hehe.

Me too! I used to be so addicted to various wedding blogs, spending hours and hours then sleeping late na just to research. I followed 4-5 wedding blogs everyday just to get ideas.   ;D adik lang! But when I booked all my suppliers and had decided on the theme and motif, I stopped looking at wedding blogs, SDEs, even engagement proposals around 7 months before our wedding. Naging sakit ko din yung pabago bago ang isip, and sometimes I felt my ideas were not unique enough. Until I realized na I just don't want to compare na lang our wedding with everyone else's, and that this wedding is not about pleasing other people.

I think we as brides also need to keep in mind and be patient in dealing with our parents and other oldies during our wedding preps. I know just the planning itself can already be stressful not to mention dadagdag pa yung ibang may side comment. But we have to remember that iba ang panahon nila, usually parents daw ng engaged couple ang nagdedecide almost everything: ninongs/ninangs, venue of the wedding and the guest lists. All those things were agreed daw during the pamamanhikan. I think slowly narerealize na din ng mga older generation ang pamamalakad ng mga modern weddings.

So ako eventually naging open din ako sa suggestions ng parents ko na naging useful naman for us.  ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close