Author Topic: 2015 Brides (Part 5)  (Read 66340 times)

120515

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2015, 12:26:21 pm »
Hi mga sis! I can't find the giveaway thread. Mura naba yung 55 pesos each for mason jars w/ lid? Mas mura kaya sa divi? for 200 pcs.

Thanks! :)

i think that's very reasonable because my coordinator is getting them for me for $60/pc for 180 pcs. they're about 5 inches in height and they have handles :-)

barbillie

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2015, 08:37:36 am »
Wow my part 5 na pala. Bibong bibo ang mga 2015 brides to be ah haha.

I met with my coordinator today. Second meeting na namin. She gave me a checklist that I have to update from time to time para ipresent sa kanya on our next meeting. Grabe ang dami pa palang kelangan! I thought kering keri na kami na nakabook na ang venue and p/v pero super dami pa palang kelangan. The small details are overwhelming, seriously. Pero so far chill pa naman. Feeling ko kayang kaya pa. Haha. Pero nakakaoverwhelm talaga.

Sis. when is your wedding nga? In our case, we had 7 months to prepare (we started preparing in March, the wedding was in October). The first five months, chill lang ang preparation namin. Book ng suppliers dito, book ng suppliers doon. But nung two months to go na lang, parang doon ako nagsimula makaramdam ng pressure. Lalo na ang daming items sa checklist ng coord ko! Hahaha.

Anyways, pinaka nastress kami is yung rsvp at seating arrangement. Kasi dependent sa kung sino ang nagconfirm yung seating arrangement. Eh 2 weeks before the wedding, meron pa ding nagcoconfirm at nagcacancel. Kaya bago kami ng bago.

simang

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2015, 02:07:26 pm »
^november kami sis. I still feel like ang dami pang time.. Pero ayoko din magcram. Haha

gi_jane101112

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2015, 03:34:11 pm »
i'm back sissies!!! hehe..na-busy ako sa pagdating ni h2b at talaga namang sinulit ang ilang araw sa paghahanda for the wedding..ngayon din lang kasi namanhikan at nakapag usap in detail for the wedding..we went to baguio din dahil dun yung kasal namin..and fortunately, madami na ding napag usapan at naplano..

only, nakakalungkot lang kasi yung dapat na makakatulong sa wedding namin na coordinator eh siya pa yung source ng stress namin ng h2b ko.. :(

parang lahat ng naplano ko at napicture sa isip ko na wedding namin eh medyo malayo na sa mangyayari..haayyy..

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #384 on: April 29, 2015, 05:22:54 pm »
^sis gi_jane101112 kindly share your source of stress here sa GT. our sissies might help you. we're all here to help.

120515

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2015, 06:09:44 pm »
gi_jane, hugs!

simang

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2015, 07:34:55 pm »
^^^sis, is that about the flowers? I suggest let go mo na lang if it causes stress sayo..

----

Pamamanhikan this labor day weekend. Kinakabahan ako ewan ko ba. Lol

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2015, 10:31:17 pm »
I enjoyed reading this that I actually felt the need to post the link for everyone to read. Got it from a GT sis who shared her sentiments to me towards the wedding preps.

http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/the-brides-manifesto/




"Your wedding is not a beauty contest"
lol!! Love it!!

aNgelofThEMorning

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2015, 11:43:27 pm »
^ These!  ;)
Don't invite guests simply out of obligation
Simplicity is chic
Hire the best photographer you can afford
Choose your DIY projects wisely

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #389 on: April 30, 2015, 03:49:16 am »
^ thanks for the link sis belle! the tips are so simple but its really what i needed to hear.

120515

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #390 on: April 30, 2015, 07:24:33 am »
my favorite is:

Stress is NOT a requirement for planning a wedding ;D

chill, ladies!

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #391 on: April 30, 2015, 08:17:18 am »
^ thanks for the link sis belle! the tips are so simple but its really what i needed to hear.

There's a printable version sis bzbee, I downloaded it nga eh :)
I have a friend kasi who feels bad about her preps thinking that her wedding won't be as beautiful as the weddings she's attended before. So I think this will serve as a reminder to other brides who feels the same way.. perhaps a way to keep the others on their feet too. Recently kase nagiging status symbol pati wedding. So what if others can afford the high end at ang iba low end lang. Remember every wedding is beautiful, if ang purpose is to show off lang and brag that they can afford expensive suppliers, then they don't know the real essence of marriage.. or baka gusto lang ma-feature sa blogs at pag usapan ng guests haha! #realtalk
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:21:31 am by belle_v2g »

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #392 on: April 30, 2015, 08:50:36 am »
I agree with you, sis belle.. Nowadays, we have the tendency to overlook the real meaning of a wedding. It's supposed to be a ceremony that binds to people together, who decided to love one another through thick and thin and become lifetime partners. Cliche but true. Thanks, sis belle, for posting that reminder for us future brides. ☺️

juwie

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #393 on: April 30, 2015, 09:56:37 am »
^^ That's why I've unfollowed wedding blogs 😊

gi_jane101112

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #394 on: April 30, 2015, 10:07:35 am »
thanks sis 120515 and sis imprincessfiona..dito talaga sa GT ako nakakakuha ng comfort kasi naiintindihan nyo talaga ako..hayyy,.

thanks din sis simang..siguro nga ilet go ko na lang..kaysa naman napag aawayan namin ng h2b ko..ayoko din naman masira relationship ng h2b ko sa coordinator namin kasi siya yung foster mother ni h2b nung kadete pa siya..sa bagay if may magtake advantage sa amin, pananagutan niya na yun,.basta kami, naging tapat sa kanila..

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #395 on: April 30, 2015, 10:10:21 am »
I enjoyed reading this that I actually felt the need to post the link for everyone to read. Got it from a GT sis who shared her sentiments to me towards the wedding preps.

http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/the-brides-manifesto/

"Your wedding is not a beauty contest"
lol!! Love it!!

very nice read sis.. we girls get too stressed with the preps because masyado tayo nao-overwhelm ng mga details. minsan nakakalimutan na natin ang real essence of the wedding, which is we're marrying the love of our lives.  when my friends organized a bridal shower for me last weekend, they reminded me na pinaka-important sa wedding na to is kaming dalawa ni fiance..
after reading the link sis, i paused for a moment last night and just focus on the thought that i'm marrying the love of my life.. and you know what? it got me feeling so excited! :) keber na sa ibang details.. after all, whatever happens naman to the wedding or if there will be some things that won't go according to plans, i'm sure the guests wouldn't mind coz they are the people talaga who matter to us and really care about me&fiance's relationship.. :)

my personal favorite on your link shared:

1.  Don't lose sight of the best thing about your wedding: you are marrying the love of your life..
2.  Your guests will love you even if your stationery doesn't match your linens; if they don't, you're inviting the wrong people.

aNgelofThEMorning

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #396 on: April 30, 2015, 11:31:34 am »
Those who were into travel theme, I have a friend na nagpaparent ng chair ng airplane. Cute sana ng idea and very unique kaso hinde umabot sa kasal namin. 3 seats bale yun pero na-aangat naman kase yung restarm, pwedeng pwede sya couple's chair.

ff_rabbit

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #397 on: April 30, 2015, 03:07:17 pm »
I've been a GT lurker since 2011 but I finally decided to create an account today because of belle_v2g's post  :) I cannot stress enough all the points mentioned in the Bride's Manifesto. I just realized after our wedding (we just got married 2 weeks ago, btw) that we, brides, tend to stress so much on making sure that every detail is perfect that sometimes we tend to overlook the real reason why we are getting married. Even the nice-to-haves, parang nagiging must-haves na. I'm guilty of this, as well, kaya medyo nag-bloat yung wedding budget namin  ;)

I'm all for wedding inspiration blogs, after all that's where I found most of my suppliers, but sometimes I feel like it's becoming a contest  :P :P :P Gone are the days when weddings were simple. Minsan because of all the pretty details/inspiration we see online or from previous weddings we've attended, we tend to set the bar higher and higheeeeer. We're being too hard on ourselves! E.g. "Ay nagawa na yan sa wedding ni ___, dapat iba naman sakin. or dapat mas maganda yung ganito ko.." etc.

In my experience, I think I followed way too many wedding inspiration accounts on Instagram kaya despite already having a theme and color motif, they were times na gusto kong palitan nalang bigla. Lol! ;D tsaka whenever I see my photographer being featured in various wedding blogs, I secretly hope na ako rin ma-feature so I try to think of details na may wow-factor just so our wedding would get noticed. And that's when it hit me.. parang I felt so pathetic na yun nalang ang be all and end all of our whole wedding planning. I also feel offended whenever my bridesmaids would say, "gawin natin to, pang (insert wedding blog name)". Yun lang ba ang reason bat sila nag-abay sakin? Para ma-feature at ma-expose sa blogs? :o :P

Our wedding was far from perfect, but our guests kept telling us it was. Despite our 16-month preparation, meron pa ring unforeseen events that day. Yung balikbayans said maganda raw lahat ng details (even when I didn't think so). Ang taas kasi ng standards na sinet ko (pinterest-levels) ;D ;D But what I learned after our wedding was that the little details won't matter so much. Kahit simple lang ang cake, boutonnieres or invites, matutuloy pa rin ang kasal  :P I think we need to stop trying to impress everyone. If you're already set on a certain theme/supplier, medyo iwasan na mag compare sa ibang weddings, because you know how fickle-minded we can sometimes get..  :P
Don't doubt your choices if you know in your heart that it's what you really want.

Inspiration blogs are there to help us look for new ideas/suppliers, but we should not let them dictate every aspect of our wedding  ;)

Remember:
"Comparison is the thief of joy: stop comparing yourself to other brides."  :-* :-* :-* I'm sure every bride's wedding is unique and beautiful, simple man or extravagant :D Happy preps to everyone!

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #398 on: April 30, 2015, 03:24:05 pm »
Thank you sis belle for sharing and sis ff_rabbit for reminding brides like me about the true essence of weddings. We sometimes get caught up with the joys and stress of wedding preparations that we tend to lose sight of the real meaning of a wedding --- which is marrying our partners, continuing a lifelong journey with them and starting our own families. :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #399 on: April 30, 2015, 06:31:22 pm »
Thanks for sharing your experience, ff_rabbit! 😊

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close