Author Topic: The Simplest Wedding One Can Imagine Part 2  (Read 30328 times)

• Super GirlTalker
Re: The Simplest Wedding One Can Imagine Part 2
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2015, 07:53:35 am »

Hope this helps!
Happy preps ladies! Remember, we just have to be reminded that the most important part of getting married is after the wedding, let's not be carried away with too much aesthetics. :)

great reminder! ;D

au_chic

• Cancer Survivor, MD and
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 01:20:27 am »
We had a church wedding due to our families' insistence, but a year prior:

We went to Manila City Hall, just him and me, for an appointment with the minister. The license and presence of witnesses were even waived because of our professions.

1,500 was paid, and in less than 10 minutes, we were husband and wife.

yannuh

• Super GirlTalker
  • Trust in His timing.
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 06:55:24 am »
^sis ang ganda mo. naiyak ako sa vow mu :(
just know you can :)

au_chic

• Cancer Survivor, MD and
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2015, 01:33:38 am »
Thanks sis yannuh :)

Sis soulsister, yes we are so glad we had the civil wedding first.

Church wedding these days has become too much of a stress na rin :(

Annie M.

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2015, 09:50:15 am »
Awww sayang sis. I remember kitchie saying "you may now kiss me" somewhere in the video. ang kulit :)

Found this video. Di ko lang sure kung ito yun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We1Vzhp8JmQ

Raserei

• GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2015, 03:59:44 pm »
I need help. Pinagiisipan ko if we still need a reception program or kain then mingle na lang. Mga 80 guests lang or less. I plan to get an emcee if we ever decide to have a program pero yun nga...hindi ko alam kung gusto ko ba nun or wag na lang.

Ang iniiwasan ko lang talaga ay may masabi ang mga "guests" namin (relatives not close to us) na baka boring or too plain yung nangyari sa reception. Civil wedding din naman kasi kami so yun.

anneshirley

• GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 08:30:32 pm »
Hey Raserei, my wedding is only slightly bigger than yours but understand the struggle between keeping it low-key and keeping it from being boring. If you don't think you need a full program then you don't. As long as there's something to keep guests occupied, then they won't be bored.

Obviously there's no one thing that would interest every single person in your guest list. But the fact that  that they're friends with you and your groom in itself means stamping your personality into the wedding would be something they would appreciate. I.e. if either of you likes anything literary (reading, writing, etc) you can add small booths around your reception area where they can write notes to you, answer madlibs or something. If either of you likes to Instagram, you can set up Instagram-able areas around your venue so your guests can enjoy themselves there. If you prefer just conversation through your reception, make sure you plan your seating chart well so they can freely talk with whomever they're sitting with or that there's at least one person per table who can drive conversation.

Just because other couples have a very packed program doesn't mean a simple wedding won't be beautiful too :) Personally I'm of the view that, especially for small weddings, if I think there's a guest who won't appreciate the simplicity in how I set my wedding up then I'd wonder why they're in the guest list to begin with :)

smile22

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Life is short, smile while you have teeth.
    • View our SDE here:
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2015, 11:00:33 pm »
^^hello sis. i had an 85 pax wedding. (including us the couple) that was my dillema din at first. although church wedding samin. pero sobrang intimate kasi relatives ko, relatives ni hubby and a handful of our closest barkada lang.

i suggest you go with 'how you imagine your wedding would go'. if you dont like hiring a host, then maybe you can have your bestfriend/ a close friend host your wedding. have a simple program para lang may flow at may guide din yung guests on what to do. a 30min-1 hour program would suffice if i may say. introduction ng couple... first dance.. lunch/dinner... cake cutting/wine toasting. then well wishes... i think thats fine. simple yet may flow yung program. :) hope it helps.
In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take.

Love! Love! Love! 01.15.15 SDE: http://vimeo.com/117387641

Raserei

• GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2015, 12:00:31 pm »
Thank you sis anneshirley and smile22. Naisip ko lang kase...hindi naman lahat ng guests will appreciate the program katulad ng mga naattendan kong receptions. Kami kaming magkakaibigan lang din ang naguusap and hindi naman masyado iniintindi kung ano talaga nangyayari.

I agree with you sis smile22, gawin ko na lang yung program based sa kung ano gusto ko ilagay and gusto mangyari. Anlaking luwag sa dibdib! Nagkasagutan pa kami ni h2b dahil dito eh haha!

mindiegirl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2015, 03:02:33 pm »
sis raserei, peg ko din yung super simple na reception. I love sis smile22's suggestion. :) i am not seeing my own wedding na may trivia game, singles game etc. I like din yung 30 mins na program lang. Just the basics. I dont even want to have the garter ceremony and bouquet toss (since most of my friends are married na and my cousins are too young for that. Hehe!) I want the reception to feel like a thanksgiving dinner filled with good food and good music. :) Hayy sana ma-achieve.
Life is as kind as you let it be. - Charles Bukowski

Raserei

• GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2015, 06:27:27 pm »
Oo sis mindiegirl. Kahit sa mga weddings na naattendan ko ayaw ko nung mga ganong traditions..ang awkward para sa akin.

smile22

• Junior GirlTalker
    • View our SDE here:
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 12:11:08 am »
^go sis. :) kanya kanyang preference naman yan. and every guests should and will respect naman the couple's decision on how the program goes. at sa totoo lang, wala naman sila magagawa. hehe :D

we dont have to please anyone kasi its our day. dont worry about what anyone would think/say. some receptions mejo stiff and awkward, lalo pag hindi nakikihalubilo yung couple. pero for intimate weddings, mas light sa pakiramdam kasi halos magkakakilala lahat and madali mag mingle mingle. for me, mas maappreciate ito ng guests yung nakakakwentuhan nila yung couple kasi mas feel nila na important and loved sila ng couple. :)

yannuh

• Super GirlTalker
  • Trust in His timing.
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2015, 06:37:52 am »
^agree with "we dont have to please anyone because its our day". kakainis nga naman if sa kakaplease mo sa guests, ikaw naman yung di happy. dapat win-win lagi both parties:)
just know you can :)

anneshirley

• GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2015, 08:01:47 am »
Super agree with smile22 on being able to talk to the couple. I attended a wedding na bang-on ang program with so many games and they even had prizes. Not saying this was bad, but I went to the wedding to basically celebrate their wedding and when they did their rounds for photos they weren't able to stop and chat :( Very busy what with all the guests I suppose but for my own reception I won't have a program. My then-husband and I would just table hop and take on the job of hosts in a usual house party or something.

airwaterfire

• mi amore'
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2015, 12:22:54 pm »
40 persons kasama kami mag-asawa at 4 photographers(sinama ko sa guestslist) pero meron paring di nakarating na 4 na nakakainis. Umabot parin ng almost 110k. Napagastos parin ng malaki.

Walang games, program namin sandali lang, introduction at thank you naming mag-asawa at cake cutting.

Pero ang nakakainis, mismo ang parents ko after ng kainan, nagsipasok sa room at naghanda na palang umuwi sa probinsya. Hindi tuloy nakasama sa pictures. >:(
When we are no longer able to change a situation,
we are challenged to change ourselves.

mindiegirl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2015, 01:20:32 pm »
aww sis airwaterfire, sayang naman. thanks for sharing. it will remind us to mention the type of program flow to the parentals/immediate family.

sis anneshirley, me too nothing against those who want a full program. it's the couples' call and style talaga. on my part na sawa na siguro ko sa ganong type since yan ang uso sa generation natin.hehe

goodluck sa preps sisses! keep your suggestions/ stories/ pegs coming!  :)
Life is as kind as you let it be. - Charles Bukowski

smile22

• Junior GirlTalker
    • View our SDE here:
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2015, 11:09:58 pm »
its really nice to see that there are b2bs na simple ang hanap sa reception/wedding. bukod sa makakatipid na tayo, it brings out yung 'privateness' nung wedding. and personally as a wedding guest, gusto ko makachika yung bride, how does it feel? how do you feel right now? habang nag iinom kami sa reception after dinner. mas masaya yun for me. hehe :) and thats what i did. my wedding was jan15, thursday this year. if you remember ito yung dalaw ni pope francis so it was holiday from jan15-19. so sakto walang pasok kinabukasan, kaya ayun. chill lang.

keep it comin' sisses! :)

airish_2

• Super GirlTalker
  • You must do the things you think you cannot do.
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2015, 07:45:03 pm »
One of my dilemma is ano gagawin pagdating sa reception  :-\ Okay lang sana kung kain kaso baka maboring tsaka mga 30 guest lang kami kasama pa kaming couple :(
We don't need more laws, we need implementation.

Isputniksweetheart

• Probationary
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2015, 09:38:01 pm »
Hello! 25 guests lang din kami. Church wedding pero wala nang reception... No programs, etc. Dinner na lang after ng wedding ceremony. Matagal ko din pinagisipan yon, and sa tulong na din nung mga blogs na nabasa ko about couples who had small, intimate weddings that went well naman.. (like kitchie nadal's wedding);D nakaka-excite lang!

tiffany24

• Junior GirlTalker
  • my spirit is purely of fire..
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2015, 02:17:04 am »
nice thread.. I must say i got inspired.. lately kasi parang lumalaki yung gastos namin.. parang madaming nadadagdag na wala naman sa original plan i guess because we are getting carried away.
It's time to pause and reevaluate our budget and the real reason why we're getting married.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close