Author Topic: Overall wedding cost  (Read 7556 times)

missus13

  • Guest
Overall wedding cost
« on: March 03, 2015, 08:38:16 pm »
Hello po! Newbie lang ako dito pero i hope you can help me out here. Nag sign up ako sa ibang site hoping may magresponse pero wala. Gusto ko lang sana malaman magkano ang overall na nagastos ninyo sa wedding niyo. We're planning to get married late this year or early next year and we have a tight budget kasi may kailangan din ako pagipunan na iba and after ng kasal i.pepetition ko si h2b and i need $$$$ for that too. Sana mashare niyo saken how much and how was your wedding. Thank you!

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 08:59:24 pm »
sis check out the other thread: "how much is your wedding budget?" some of our sissies here spent like 200k up to 2 million for their wedding. depends kasi on what kind of wedding you want. so maybe you need to ask yourself first how much you're willing to spend. hope this helps :)

sakura30

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 09:30:36 pm »
Check mo yung thread na sinabi ni Sis bzbee. Backread ka lang.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 02:28:29 pm »
^initially, we planned 800k for 200 pax.. (suppliers only) but hindi sya nasunod since the exchange rate has significantly plummeted.. and as we started to book suppliers, & realised may mga need na ibook na hindi nasali sa list.. we felt the need to adjust. Exchange rate dilemmas (sigh)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:27:20 pm by belle_v2g »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 05:31:59 pm »
Before this weekend I hadn't prepared a very detailed budget with ALL the expenses as my wedding was more than a year away. I only had a general budget with only the major items. NOW that I sat down and included everything, I am officially over-budget!!

I originally forgot to include the ff items on my budget:
-Crew Meals for Lunch and Dinner
-Suppliers Tips and Token Gifts
-Entourage and Sponsors Gifts
-Trial Make-up Expenses
-Bridal Apparel - Lingerie, Wedding Prep Outfit
-Misalettes, Menu Cards, Escort Cards, Thank you cards
-Grooms Attire and Shoes - hehe I didnt include it since I thought he would purchase it separately from our budget.
-Sparklers, Confetti Poppers
-Hotel Fees for Picture Taking in Lobby
-Legal documents: Permits, NSO copies etc - although this is very minimal
-Lawyers Fees for our Prenup Agreement
-OTD Petty Cash Fund

Oh my... all of these easily upped my budget in a MIND BOGGLING WAY!! As in I wanna faint now...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:47:37 pm by Chili1113 »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 05:50:27 pm »
^thanks for this list. I'm currently updating my list of suppliers then I chanced upon this thread and saw your post. I realised that I need to take note some of the items you mentioned.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 05:58:12 pm »
You're welcome sis belle_v2g. I hope we don't need to add many more items! It is amazing how much all these little items add up.

Nagulat ako with the crew meal expenses when I added it all up! Expensive kasi to get crew meals from my venue. But I am not complaining because I can only imagine how much crew meals are at a 5 star hotel hehe
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:01:10 pm by Chili1113 »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 06:19:14 pm »
Some of our suppliers pa will need allowance too (and you’ll feed them not only once) from arrival in AM for preps til end of reception..particularly coordinators, p/v..

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 10:11:22 pm »
Sis chili1113 gama ka jan! Most of the time hindi naisasama sa budget ang mga crew meals, wherein fact, mahal din yun ah! hehe. Thanks for reminding!!  ;)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 02:00:00 am »
Hi Chili1113 I can imagine what you said on crew meals. Actually my tentative crew meal budget is at 38k (for roughly 189 meals---remember, you dont only feed each person once!) now when i only initially budgeted 12k. Hay. Almost all the suppliers im feeding will be needing 3 meals each for their teams. Here's a guide although i havent double checked this yet so feel ko may kulang pa.
- Family Drivers (3 pax) - 3 meals
- Stylist (14 pax) - 3 meals
- Coordinator (7 pax) - 3 meals
- L&S (12 pax) - 3 meals
- Photo (6 pax) - 3 meals
- Video (7 pax) - 3 meals
- Gown Assistants (2 pax) - 1 meal
- HMUA (2 pax) - 1 meal
- LED wall (10 pax) - 3 meals
- Florist (4-5 pax) - 3 meals

Arghhh!! How could it be that im feeding 100 extra people i dont know for the wedding?? :( Hahaha. But fine it that's what it takes to make the big day happen...

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 03:33:51 am »
Arghhhh all the extra expenses are driving me insane and jacked up my overall budget by almost 200k. I still don't understand how it got this big with mostly mid-range suppliers and only 200pax. I also dont have prenup photos/videos, photo booth, souvenirs, professional host, fireworks, and OOT Fees which can be really expensive.

Our budget has already doubled from our original idea of keeping it simple and splurging on the honeymoon instead. Ive been trying to keep things simple yet the budget has still doubled!! It bugs me that it really is the little things that add up.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:03:54 am by Chili1113 »

120515

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 08:59:44 am »
i'm thinking of my family cooking the crew meals instead since my mama is used to doing this. my friend did this during her wedding as well and her suppliers were really appreciative of the home cooked meals they got. then we'll provide bottled water and little snacks like biscuits and candies to tide them in between.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 09:23:44 am »
^Me too sis. I am supplying my own lunch crew meals since I have a restaurant and we really do packed meals.  BUT for dinner, we have to get crew meals from the venue as I want it organized and very neatly done. Also the venue doesn't allow it.

I really appreciate my coordinator who advised me on this shared some strategies to save on crew meals. For instance, for suppliers who can leave the reception for a short time like lights and sounds crew can have dinner in the staff canteen of my venue for a cheaper price. The rest that cant leave like coordinators, photo video will have to eat at the reception area. 

120515

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 09:35:15 am »
^ for dinner, i was just going to add them to my total headcount and have a suppliers' table at the reception but my coordinator said we'll talk about this later on in august :) ^

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 09:41:21 am »
^ thanks for sharing sis chilli. ill check my budget nga din to include the items you mentioned. nakakabother yung 200k na overbudget, hope wala pa kami sa ganung point.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 09:45:51 am »
120515: Wow!! I wish I can include my crew in the headcount, but its so expensive to count them all in as guests =( The crew meal alone in my venue is 570 php inc. tax. But that is a bargain compared to hotel crew meals. This is one of those times I am so thankful I didnt book in the hotel I was originally considering haha

bzbee: don't worry sis, I dont think tataas ng ganun your budget. Mine kasi kaya lang it reached 200k because I didnt add grooms attire and shoes sa original computation. Medyo malaking item yon. Plus our lawyer's fees for our prenuptial agreement is also a big item. I didnt include it at first.

sparklingjewel: sis dont forget to include your musicians in the crew meal headcount - strings, singers, choir (if any and also singing in reception), and band. Oopps thanks for sharing your list. I forgot to include family drivers and bearers/flower girl yayas  in my crew meal count.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:01:10 am by Chili1113 »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 10:04:21 am »
^those items will definitely form a big part of your expenses. Not to mention, mens clothing. Pricey talaga even with lil boys nga din. I don't know how much to allocate for my crew meals since the hotel do not allow outside food anymore.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 10:11:19 am »
^Sis you mean crew meals during wedding preps at the hote? I know strict nga sis eh. But my coordinator assured me that there are ways to sneak it in and that they still do it all the time. I even told her the particular hotel that is known for notoriously being strict. But for dinner, di talaga pwede sneak in if your reception is in a hotel hehe BUT I didnt know na lately super strict sila in pictorials and they charge 20-25k for picture taking in public areas. But I really like that hotel sana!! But I just might change my prep venue bec I refuse to pay 25k for a few mins pictorial.

OMG di ko na sinama yung budget for groomsmen and bearers bec Barong Tagalog ang men's attire and bahala na sila to buy or use their old barong. OK lang naman yun diba? LOL ayaw ko na bumili ng mga barong nila  pls hahaha and I dont care kung hindi sila lahat terno with exact same barong design.

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 10:23:31 am »
sis sobrang mahal naman ng pictorial fee, worth na ng isa pang room! which hotel is that? mura pa pala yung 10k fee sa makati shang.

barong for men i think okay lang they pay on their own (if they dont have one yet) kasi magagamit pa rin nila yun for other occasions.

our caterer gave us free crew meals for 20pax, not sure how much i need to add kasi wala pa kong final head count ng suppliers. but still, that's just 300 per person. food for preps nalang kailangan ko problemahin.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Overall wedding cost
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 10:27:37 am »
Yeah, crew meals during hotel preps. And both families will be there plus we have big families so I don't know yet how to sneak the food in.. I heard some girls have it delivered  to the hotel and the food supplier places the food inside a big gift box (so no one will notice) I don't know if that will work but I can try :) --sana di mahuli hehe
You don't have to provide men's barongs sis. Just give them specific instructions on what to wear.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close