Author Topic: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)  (Read 56090 times)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #340 on: May 08, 2015, 01:56:11 am »
aww Chilli113. Hugs! I hope you and your fiance will sort this out soon. just to let you know, i've tried cefam and it really helped me. I hope it will help you too in your current situation.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #341 on: May 08, 2015, 02:03:55 am »
hugs to you juwie!! Thank you =) Did you to the Cefam Cana? or one-on-one? Were schedule for one-on-one aside from Discovery Weekend. I leave it all up to God nalang because I am tired na din even if I know it is like 90 percent my fault. hehe I cant tell my family because papagalitan ako because they know how good my fiance is and how grabe I am when I get mad at him. So now I cant blame him for having doubts also because if I were in his place, hindi ko rin kaya siguro hehe

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #342 on: May 08, 2015, 05:14:55 am »
Aww, hugs sis Chilli13! I know phase lang yan and need lang maexperience para mas tumibay ang relationship. Magiging ok din kayo agad, sis!:)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2015, 06:01:36 am »
Awww sis Chili1113 hugs to you.  Don't fret.  Take this as a learning experience for both of you. Lilipas din yan, just keep your communications always open.  Include the whys to your communication.  Why your are frustrated, why you are hurt.  And don't forget to ask him how he feels.  He probably thought that his input isn't that necessary because he trusts your impeccable taste.  And when you ranted on him, baka nasaktan lang ego nya. Probably he thought differently. Sometimes, men really are from Mars and women from Venus. Our big things in life are simply small trivial things to them.

I think men in particular are mostly the same with regards to wedding planning.  They act excited about it, but when you ask them or give them just one simple job, they would balk at the task.

 Me and my fiance have been in a long distance relationship for over 5 years now, and have been travelling back and forth between the US and London.  And since our engagement last December, ngayon lang yung dumadating yung mga most trying times namin.  I think mostly wedding preps brings out the worst and the best in us as a person.  Yung trying times namin is kasi yung mom ng fiance ko eh sobrang pakialamera.  And ako naman eh sobrang OC na I want our wedding to have this feel na tatak namin.  And I want a simple but elegant wedding.  We don't want a garish and ostentatious wedding.  We want it simple and elegant.  From the flowers, pinagpipilitan nya na tulips na lang daw ang gamitin ko, when I told her na I want peonies talaga. Simple things lang na nagstastart,na sa sobrang dami eh nakakaasar na talaga. Ultimo bridesmaids ko pinapakialamanan nya.  Tapos sarado na talaga namin na ang mga ninong at ninang eh 8 pairs only (originally eh 5 lang at dahil sa kanya eh dumami), tapos sinabi na ng fiance ko na close family and friends lang, gusto nyang kunin namin, and pati mga friends nya na hindi kilala ng fiance ko.  Bakit daw hindi kami nag Fernbrook, bakit daw sa Tagaytay ang place.  Mga small things pero dahil sa dami eh lumalaki na sya at sobrang na frustrate na ako, na I told my fiance na I don't want to have a wedding anymore since ikakasal naman kami sa US civilly. Umabot na sa point na when from SMX hanggang Marikina eh umiiyak ako sa mum ko sa sama ng loob.  Dahil sa ayaw ko din naman bastusin yung future MIL ko, lahat ng messages namin sa FB eh sinend ko sa fiance ko, leaving him to deal with his mother.  And he did. Which I truly liked naman.  Kasi eh may sinabi yung mother in law ko na ayaw ko, which is secret na lang daw namin at huwag ko daw sabihin sa hubby ko, which is to me is a No-No.   For me kasi eh, there shouldn't be a secret between a husband and wife.  Dapat laging open ang communication, kahit magagalit ang isa.  Kaya I appreciated the fact naman na he told his mum na to leave us alone for the wedding planning.  Tutal kami naman ang gagastos sa kasal namin.

Anyways, the reason why I am saying this is, from what I have learned, from other couples as well, is that there are no perfect relationships.  And there are no successful relationships.. that didn't have a lot of work. All relationships needs work. 

Lahat ng relationships may problema.  The only difference is what the couples decide on doing after having their problems. Kaya to all brides who are having problems, this is just the start.  Mas dadami pa ang magiging problems natin.  This is just the icing on the cake.  The important thing in every relationship is communication.  Yung walang magagalit, and walang tataas ang boses.  Simple talk.  Then explain.  Communication, compromise and love. 

Sometimes we forget, the reason why we are here on this forum.  We agreed when we said yes to the man we love to the idea that we will spend the rest of our lives together, in good times and bad, for better and for worse, till death do we part.

Kaya natin ito!  AJA!!!   ;D ;D ;D

120515

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #344 on: May 08, 2015, 07:21:14 am »
chili1113, hugs hugs hugs! that's all i can add. i think everyone else has put everything very beautifully and i agree with all of their advice for you.
remember, you already have 5 wonderful years with your fiance under your belt. think of those 5 years and all your memories together. remind him of all the great times you've had.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #345 on: May 08, 2015, 11:40:00 am »
Chilli113, i've done cefam as one-on-one, but planning to do it as a couple before our wedding. It's a remarkable experience. I've been meaning to go back but i just couldn't squeeze in the time for it. 

Sis i'm sure kapag malapit na wedding mo mas cooperative si H2B mo, ngayon na 1year to go pa, expect less from him muna :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #346 on: May 08, 2015, 02:01:37 pm »
Hugs to you sis chili! Preps can be really stressful, but I know that it can also strengthen the relationship once the couple works through their differences. I think both of you just need some time to unwind, sit down and discuss things calmly. I hope that your DW will be productive and that you come out better and stronger than ever. :)

In our case, I think my annoyance stems from my frustration at work. I've already told him that I feel like the quality of my work is affected by wedding preps and asked him to be more cooperative and to help me more. To be fair, he does his tasks but I always need to push him, which can also be tiring on my part.

sakura30

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #347 on: May 08, 2015, 02:19:25 pm »
Sis bonzaigirl, you're blessed that your h2 put his foot down. Some parents kase feeling nila wedding nila ang wedding ng anak nila. It must be reassuring to know he has your side.

Sis chili, breathe breathe  and chill chill lang. :)

Share ko lang something I read somewhere:

I read somewhere na magkaiba ang pagtingin ng groom at bride sa wedding. Brides are usually excited for the wedding itself. We treat it as a product of our hardwork kaya stressed tayo even sa smallest details. Grooms, on the other hand, are excited on the idea that they'll have the woman they love. That's why they're not so much into the small details. As long as their brides show up, yun na happy na sila. So, let's be understanding sa mga grooms natin. :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #348 on: May 08, 2015, 02:26:59 pm »
Chili1113 I hope and pray that everything will soon be okay between you and fiancé. Keep the faith. :)

Maple19

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #349 on: May 08, 2015, 04:52:00 pm »
Awwww hugs Chili1113! I hope you and your fiance work it out.

I agree with you sakura30. Sabi pa nga ni hubby di sya maarte sa details kasi nga bride din naman ang magiging star during the day itself.

There was a time din na naging super bridezilla ako kay ex-fiance (now hubby) especially during the early stages of the wedding preps. Until my married friend told me that guys were really like that, then I backed off a little  ;D I think nasa nature lang din talaga ng mga guys hindi maging madetailed sa ganyan especially sa girly stuff.

28Leslie

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2015, 02:59:27 am »
Hi, I don't know where to post this, sana nasa tamang thread ako.
Anyway, our wedding date is on May 19 and I still have the following concerns:

1. I got an RTW gown 2 months ago which was chosen by my in laws to be. By that time, I'm not yet sure what I want so I agreed to book the gown. After 3 days, I went back with my friends and they helped me chose what we thought fit to my character. My problem was, until now I haven't discuss it with my soon to be mother-in-law. Yung payment sa gown, galing yun sa ipon namin ni H2B. I'm expecting na hindi na nila maaalala yung first gown na sinukat ko. Pero iniisip ko pa din kasi what will they feel if ever napansin nila na hindi yun yung first gown. By the way, my in-laws 2b are very nice to me ever since.

2. A friend of mine asked me to be our wedding coordinator, unfortunately, he (unintentionally) changed the booking date of our venue when I endorsed it to him ( I still can't move on  :'( ). When I learned just 3 months ago that the date was changed, I got frustrated and angry since na book na ng iba yung date na gusto ko. I never talked to him again and hindi ko na din diniscuss sakanya yung nangyari. He's still clueless why I never returned his messages and calls. Nagtatanong sya sa mga friends namin if tuloy yung wedding ko. T_T He helped me in the initial planning like what we need to process and I want to settle if there are costs that we need to pay. My question is, do I need to talk to him now before my wedding or after nalang pag nawala na yung inis ko. Honestly kasi hindi ko alam kung pano ko sasabihin sakanya na na-change nya yung date ng wedding ko since he is a close friend of mine.

3. Lastly, my parents are not in good terms. As in NOT in good terms. They know that they will both attend my wedding, they just requested na kung pwede wala silang inter action sa isa't isa. hindi ko lang alam kung pano ko aayusin yung position nila sa entourage at sa reception.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #351 on: May 09, 2015, 07:20:28 am »
Sis 28Leslie :)
1. If you are worried about what your in laws might say, just wear both gowns. You can have the other one at the reception.. that way walang sasama ang loob and at the same time nasunod din ang gusto mo..it's completely up to you if you want to let them know pero para walang gulatan factor sa wedding mas maganda na alam nila. I think for sure maaalala nila ang design especially if kasama mo sila when you booked.
2. Tell your friend what made you upset and  why you ended up ignoring him. Your wedding is near na sis.. you need to get in touch with your coordinator..unless sya pa din ang pinili mong mag coordinate despite failing on a very simple task (which is actually very important for you to have your wedding to be held on a specific date) nakakalungkot lang.. did you get someone else na ba to coordinate since hindi mo na kinausap ang friend mo?
3. Best way is to talk to your parents. Remember they will be walking you down the aisle. Tell them that they will do this for you..just for a day. Yung presence nila is kapalit ng happiness mo as a bride and bilang anak nila..so if kahit isang araw lang, kung ipagpapaliban muna nila ang samaan ng loob para sa yo, that will be great. Pwedeng pagtabihin mo parin sila sa reception..or parehong nasa dulo sila. if they don't wanna talk that's ok. Ang importante nandoon sila for you..

And sis, you just can't keep running away from these things.. you have to settle na para stress free ka on your wedding. God bless and best wishes.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:25:03 am by belle_v2g »

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #352 on: May 09, 2015, 08:28:51 am »
sis Chili1113 be strong and keep the faith :) mga sis natin have offered a lot of their pieces of advice, and sana there's room for a couple more from me :)  Just always remember din to look at the bigger picture.  This wedding is a tiny dot lang in your lifetime of memories as husband and wife. At the end of the day, ang mas importante is that you are marrying the man of your dreams. Details of the wedding should not matter more than your relationship with your partner.  You also need to make adjustments and compromise sa shortcomings ng fiance mo and him to you. Sorry hindi ako nangagaral ha :) Kase admittedly meron din kaming away moments ni fiance and there are times na kelangan nyo talagang mag adjust sa pagkukulang ng isa't isa. Have faith lang sis :-) hugs!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2015, 04:56:59 pm »
Thank you Sakura30, juwie, caleeice, belle_v2g,  and edna_mode! I appreciate all the words of wisdom and support!! Just got back from our Tagaytay weekend with friends and things are much better. =) I guess he was right in insisting that we hang out first with our friends in a light and happy environment. I am looking forward to our cefam sessions and discovery weekend because I really want to dig deep into our relationship and really lay everything out before we get married. Thanks for listening to my lengthy posts when I was feeling down. Your replies have all been very helpful!

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #354 on: May 11, 2015, 11:10:58 am »
Glad to know its somewhat better chilli1113. I do hope CEFAM or DW can help you both talk this through. And once its done you'll both come out stronger. Praying for you and h2b :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #355 on: May 11, 2015, 12:10:26 pm »
thanks so much sis rightback!!! =) hugs to you!

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #356 on: May 11, 2015, 01:04:28 pm »
Glad to hear you're doing better, Chili! I'm sure everything will work out :)

peanutbuttercups

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #357 on: May 11, 2015, 04:52:15 pm »
the father of my guy will not come to the wedding. why? maybe out of frustration that we'll not get wed on their religion. We have decided kasi to have a civil wedding, just to meet halfway. Sometimes we're thinking to have a just-you-and-me type of wedding pero naisip din namin yung ibang friends and family who are very much excited of our union - kaya eto, mukang tuloy ang planning. Pero minsan nalulungkot ako dahil sa thought na ndi sya aattend :(
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:54:42 pm by peanutbuttercups »

jentotmd

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #358 on: May 12, 2015, 05:47:20 am »
^ sis, why don't you try to have a dinner date with your future dad in law? that way baka maconvince niyo siya to attend by explaining your situation and justifying your choice. give him something to think about. hope he eventually goes to your wedding.

xsugar

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #359 on: May 12, 2015, 08:47:09 am »
sad naman nyan sis peanutbuttercups :(tama din yung suggestion ni sis jentotmd, try to reach out para masabi mong nagawa mo yung part mo then after that same decision pa din si father in law..let him be, time will come magiging ok din ang lahat.ipagdasal mo na din:)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close