Author Topic: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)  (Read 56299 times)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2015, 02:25:07 pm »
Sad to hear about canceled weddings but this is why I tell my friends to make sure they've discussed EVERYTHING before proposing or accepting a proposal. DW is great but with open communication, same output can be achieved.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2015, 04:05:20 pm »
^True, but sometimes it's not your choice kasi when the proposal happens and the timing of when issues between the couple comes out is just unfortunate. I'm not going to judge them. Obviously it was much deeper than it looks to us. It was a 7-year smooth relationship where the girl got cold feet 5 months before the wedding (but they permanently broke up after the broken engagement-- girl's decision also).

Basta for me, we'll just do our best to iron the little issues out with the help of DW.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2015, 04:10:14 pm »
Why do people invite themselves? I just got a message asking me about the wedding because they're buying their plane tickets now. EXCUSE ME?! I purposely do not post wedding related stuff on my social media accounts because I don't want to give information to those who are not invited. Only invited guests know our FB event page and wedsite. So if you know nothing about the wedding, it probably means that you're not invited.

Hehe this is so kapalmuks. If i were you and i had no plans to even consider inviting them, i'll just ignore the message and tell the relatives not to give them the wedding details. On the day itself, i'll instruct coordinators to only let in guests who are inn the invited list--- strictly by invitation affair.
I have not yet encountered problems similar to this (i guess too early) pero there is one person who hated me before na old kabarkada ng fiance ko. No idea why, naglet go lang ako. Will tell fiance he cannot invite someone who tried to ruin my name before... and if she shows up (with the rest of the barkada who is invited) on our wedding, i will have coordinators tell her in her face she was not invited by the couple and she has no seat allocated. Hehe.


caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2015, 05:10:47 pm »
^Sis, I actually ignored her previous messages, then she sent that last one. Some people are so dense. What does she want me to do, tell her in the face that she's not invited? Haha. :o Good thing my Tita knows how stressed I am right now with the guest list so she volunteered to talk to her when she goes to the province.

Kapal naman niya if she shows up uninvited. For her sake, I hope that she doesn't show up at your wedding. Hehe.

I admire your courage though if you push through with your plan. I don't think I can ask my coordinator to do that. But I'll definitely make that person feel out of place because she has no escort card, place card, souvenir, etc and will make her seat where she'll feel like an outcast. Haha.

tealover

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2015, 05:28:15 pm »
I have not encountered any guest like that, I wonder how they can muster up the courage to invite themselves.  Pero in fairness gagastos siya just to go to your wedding.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2015, 09:47:01 pm »
^caleeice Plan palang naman yan. Haha! Pero since Tagaytay lang ako at madali puntahan and all her barkada will be there... im just thinking she might show up uninvited, too. I strictly do not want anyone na bad vibes at my wedding. It was her choice naman kaya nagkaron ng ganyang history. Why would i feed her a menu worth 2k?? Excuse me, sayang pera ko sa kanya and i dont even want her there. Hehe.

skela96c

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2015, 09:51:18 pm »
A ninang (who volunteered to be one upon learning that we're engaged)  is i don't know, nagtatago.  She's not based in Manila but she was here for a month. I was messaging her thru fb months ago. She told me she'd be in Manila but not the exact dates.  I told her we'd love to take her to dinner when it's convenient for her since I know she'd be busy. 

So a week ago i messaged her again. Apparently she's been here for 2weeks na and she's leaving na daw this week. So again sabi ko pls let me know a convenient time for her anytime anywhere pupuntahan namin sya. She didn't reply. I mentioned this to a friend (na ninang din sya) and she told me "yeah she's here, nagkita kita kami last week".  Kaboom. I felt bad. pati kay friend because she knows i'm trying to set a meeting w the "ninang".  What made it worse was when this friend said "actually ayaw nya nga ipasabi sayo". OKAY.

So there. I'm scratching her off. And unfriending her as well. I'm really hurt and disappointed.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2015, 09:59:20 pm »
^Yikes! The case of the mysterious ninang. Hay, replace her na. You dont need any more stress. And it seems ayaw din naman niya.

skela96c

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2015, 09:41:57 am »
^true. Disappointing lang. BUT, atleast early on nalaman ko na na i can't count on her.  nahiya nga din ako kay fiance. and sya yung asar na asar kasi bakit daw kami tataguan it's not as if may hihingin kami from her. Hehe

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2015, 10:09:19 am »
Why do people invite themselves? I just got a message asking me about the wedding because they're buying their plane tickets now. EXCUSE ME?! I purposely do not post wedding related stuff on my social media accounts because I don't want to give information to those who are not invited. Only invited guests know our FB event page and wedsite. So if you know nothing about the wedding, it probably means that you're not invited.

Super relate sis! Nakakainis talaga yun mga nag seself invite. Sa amin naman hindi sa FB nagtatanong kungdi sa sister ni h2b. Magbobook na rin daw sila ng plane ticket. In the first place di nga naman talaga sila invited, gusto ko ng mainis dito sa mga relatives ni h2b. Hindi ba nila maintindihan na pag di invited wag iinvite sarili, hindi porke yun ang tradition sa province eh yun ang mangyayari sa wedding namin. Until now wala pa resolution si h2b kung anong gagawin niya sa relatives niya na nag seself invite. Sabi ko padalhan niya yun family niya ng floor plan ng area para makita nila gaano kaliit yun at bawal maghakot ng guests.

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2015, 10:39:35 am »
Super relate sis! Nakakainis talaga yun mga nag seself invite. Sa amin naman hindi sa FB nagtatanong kungdi sa sister ni h2b. Magbobook na rin daw sila ng plane ticket. In the first place di nga naman talaga sila invited, gusto ko ng mainis dito sa mga relatives ni h2b. Hindi ba nila maintindihan na pag di invited wag iinvite sarili, hindi porke yun ang tradition sa province eh yun ang mangyayari sa wedding namin. Until now wala pa resolution si h2b kung anong gagawin niya sa relatives niya na nag seself invite. Sabi ko padalhan niya yun family niya ng floor plan ng area para makita nila gaano kaliit yun at bawal maghakot ng guests.
sis blackgreen nakabili ka na ba ng gown?i just saw the recent post of Princess Kisha Boutique Mente on facebook regarding her newly created Muslim gown. Baka gusto mo silipin sis. Medyo OT.

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2015, 10:41:46 am »
^ay hindi pa sis. Check ko nga yan. Thank you so much sis. :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2015, 07:07:54 am »
If suppliers or their staff made a mistake, they should just apologize and not argue with their clients. I told myself that I won't post until after the wedding, but I can't help it. I was annoyed and disappointed that I just need to rant and let it all out. I will not name that person now (not even through PM) because I have yet to receive the completed work and I can't risk that person sabotaging the work as I no longer have the time to find a replacement.

Oh well, I guess most brides, if not all, have to experience some bumps in the road so they can better appreciate things later on. I'm still hoping that things will turn out well during the wedding, but I think I need to lower my expectations moving forward. Just so I won't be too disappointed or heartbroken if things don't turn out as planned. Aja! :) [sorry nag-monologue na ako haha]

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2015, 07:13:20 am »
^ay hindi pa sis. Check ko nga yan. Thank you so much sis. :)

saw that too. akala ko nga sis sayo yun talaga hihi :)

VShe

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #214 on: April 21, 2015, 09:22:48 am »
I am one lucky bride na walang nagpapasaway sa mga friends at families namin. Alam na nila ang magaganap pag nagpakita sila ng hindi kagandahang attitude. Lol 😜


blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2015, 10:07:22 am »
saw that too. akala ko nga sis sayo yun talaga hihi :)

hahaha.. dipa ako nagpapagawa ng gown, antay pa ako ng June :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2015, 10:21:12 am »
I am one lucky bride na walang nagpapasaway sa mga friends at families namin. Alam na nila ang magaganap pag nagpakita sila ng hindi kagandahang attitude. Lol 😜

Good job sis. How did you do it? :)

Ako siguro my concern is with my MOH. Medyo nagtatampo ako kasi hindi sya ganun ka-involved and nararamdaman ko na medyo hindi sya happy or excited. Ayun. Iniintindi ko na lang pero di ko maiwasan di magtampo.

VShe

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2015, 01:50:31 pm »
Good job sis. How did you do it? :)

Ako siguro my concern is with my MOH. Medyo nagtatampo ako kasi hindi sya ganun ka-involved and nararamdaman ko na medyo hindi sya happy or excited. Ayun. Iniintindi ko na lang pero di ko maiwasan di magtampo.


Once kasi merong friend na nagtanong (since black&white motif), bakit daw black. Although maayos yung tanong nya i felt na hindi nya type ang black for a wedding (mid-40's na kasi sya). I answered immediately and with a straight face "Dahil yun ang gusto ko."

Saka madali ako kausap, kung meron sila ayaw sa wedding ko, wag sila pumunta. hehe. Pero kung merong hindi pupunta, syempre nakaklungkot lalo kung super friend mo. Isipin mo na lang its not worth na ma-stress ka pa dahil sa kanila. The wedding preparations alone is stressful at hindi na dapat madagdagan.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2015, 02:00:52 pm »
Good job sis. How did you do it? :)

Ako siguro my concern is with my MOH. Medyo nagtatampo ako kasi hindi sya ganun ka-involved and nararamdaman ko na medyo hindi sya happy or excited. Ayun. Iniintindi ko na lang pero di ko maiwasan di magtampo.

ako naman yun MOH ko nagtampo kasi di ko daw sya iniinvolve. hehe.

sa entourage ko nga sinabihan ko sila kung anong gusto nila na style ng damit bahala sila. kasi sila magbabayad at sila magsusuot non basta yun color sinabi ko lang. ayoko kasi ipagpilit yun gusto ko design tapos di naman nila feel, kaya sinabi ko bahala na sila. nakakatuwa lang yun 2 ko abay nung nalaman ko kasi na halos lahat knee length yung gowns ng ento sila dapat long gown pero naisip nila mas ok kung pare pareho sila ganon na din pinagawa nila.

VShe

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2015, 02:27:23 pm »
^ erase mo na lang sila sa list mo sis kung may ibang suppliers ka pa na mapipili. Mahirap ang no-replies and no-updates.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close