Author Topic: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)  (Read 56164 times)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2015, 06:15:31 pm »
^what a trooper :) that's the type of bride every coordinator would want to handle. :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2015, 06:23:11 pm »
while reading it, i thought about how i would react and i know it would be a freak out! hahaha! the main reason being that i'm not expecting just 1 cake ;D
but i still want to be as calm as her come my wedding day, whatever happens :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2015, 07:59:32 pm »
^ sparklingjewel, yup 10k is reasonable naman but I have to factor in the live video feed or at the very least extend the sound system. Hmm. I consulted a friend of mine who got married last year at Crowne Plaza. They had 700 guests but the function room reserved for the ceremony could only accommodate 200 pax daw. So most of the guests really stood up.

Will discuss this extensively nalang with my AE. Enderun's courtyard is pretty naman. Maarte lang ako about the heat kaya gusto ko aircon! :P

Re MIL problems -- I can relate although the quirks on my side are a bit different. Why not use your HMUA nalang for your MoH? Idk if it was wrong of me not to include my MIL in my HMUA package but I assumed she may want to book her own esp since my fiance has 2 sisters also.

On the gown, ask your fiance to talk to his mom nalang. She's probably just excited. Same with my MIL - she actually asked for a design that's more bongga than mine or my mom's, hehe. :)

Keep me updated! Hay, yes i am hoping my MIL can control herself while the wedding planner (aka me hehe) does my job. She won't have problems because Im so not a crammer anyway.
Live feed is usually just +3 or 5k naman. The sounds nga lang din you have to get.

simang

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2015, 08:09:44 pm »
Sis 120515, thanks for sharing!!! I guess lucky pa din si bride since may cake pa din sila :-) But I guess the most important thing is to keep calm and let go of the things you can't control. :-) It was a very nice read. Sana lahat ng couple during their wedding eh masaya lang and hindi stressed. :-)

clairetez

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2015, 09:23:30 pm »
^^^ for me max na ang 1hr. Baka umuwi din sila agad kahit hinde pa tapos ang program kung tagal ng hintay nila. The last wedding I attended 2 hrs kami pinaghintay, even with all the food and photobooth nakakainip pa rin. Gusto ko ng umuwi nun kung hinde lang namin ka-close yung groom. And ang tamlay na rin ng mga tao during the program

thanks sis aNgelofThEMorning inusog ko na ng 1 hour...sabihan ko na lang yung P/V  bilisan na lang yung pindot at kakain na lang siguro ako ng biscuit para mabilis

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2015, 09:48:21 pm »
thanks sis aNgelofThEMorning inusog ko na ng 1 hour...sabihan ko na lang yung P/V  bilisan na lang yung pindot at kakain na lang siguro ako ng biscuit para mabilis

^1 hour is ideal, 1.5 if you have extra gimmicks. I asked my coordinator, si Kutchie, she approved a 1.5 hour cocktail for me given the extra effort. :)

Chili1113 sooo funny!! Haha nakatipid ka pa. So what if her color is totally off bahala na?? Haha hayy siguro nga i will just let go a bit with the MIL.. excited lang sya since first wedding in the family, and her eldest pa. Iniisip na talaga nya her makeup. Lol! I'm hiring a separate HMUA for all my ento girls so baka nga il use the slot nalang sa Ninang ko (my tita) :)


juwie

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2015, 12:39:21 pm »
i stumbled on this article this afternoon and thought it was perfect for this thread ^_^
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7047140

I showed the article to my fiance and when he got to the 'flexibility' part sabi nya, 'o ayan, be flexible daw! nabasa mo yan?? Memorize that BY HEART!' 😁😁

akosila

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2015, 02:20:05 pm »
Hayy 1 week to go, wala parin akong suit.

SALAMAT KAY IL SANTOS! GOOD JOB! PAG WALA PA THIS WEEKEND YANG SUIT KO. GOOD JOB KA SAKIN! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2015, 10:54:04 pm »
Just got annoyed and threw a minor tantrum with H2B! Three weeks na and he hasn't even started working on his part of the guest list. Another reason is the photographer we are getting is his classmate from high school. Up to now we can't make a down payment because I dunno ang gulo nila magusap ni H2B. And I am annoyed because the other photographers I was eyeing all increased prices by 30k na, and if I find out nagtaas na our current photographer without us getting a price lock due to miscommunication, I will really hire someone else. Pero sayang because as I said nagmahal na lahat.

Anyway medyo naiinis ako and I told him na sa totoo lang we have extra budget because I am really set my budget way below the actual budget he gave me. I told him... that from now on bahala siya and Ill just enjoy spending his money and not make saving his money a problem of mine!

KASI NAMAN instead na ma-appreciate niya all my saving and cost-cutting I don't get any cooperation. Guest list lang di magawa, mag-ayos with his photographer friend di inaasikaso. And parang I dont hear him appreciate that I set our actual budget below by 350k from the amount he gave me. Parang I am making all these sacrifices for nothing, with no appreciation or cooperation from him. Sabi ko pag naiinis ako, gagastusin ko the entire budget! Grrrrrrrr Course I really dont mean that but sometimes I feel like a crazy woman for trying hard to save money, even if I was given a much bigger budget, but only for it to be unappreciated. Honestly sinong babae ayaw mag enjoy gastusin the whole budget for the wedding? But Im not like that kasi, I lowered the budget and aside from that offered to contribute pa to the expenses!!!

Ang nakakainis pa nito is may time siya lumabas for drinks with his friends now, pero di magawa stuff for the wedding to help us budget HIS money. Although in fairness he was super busy working this week.  Pero bahala siya. Pag ako napuno, gagastusin ko lahat ng budget ng buong buo. Anyway parang OK lang naman sa kanya eh. Bakit ba ako nagpapakahirap?

clairetez

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2015, 11:21:08 pm »
^1 hour is ideal, 1.5 if you have extra gimmicks. I asked my coordinator, si Kutchie, she approved a 1.5 hour cocktail for me given the extra effort. :)

Chili1113 sooo funny!! Haha nakatipid ka pa. So what if her color is totally off bahala na?? Haha hayy siguro nga i will just let go a bit with the MIL.. excited lang sya since first wedding in the family, and her eldest pa. Iniisip na talaga nya her makeup. Lol! I'm hiring a separate HMUA for all my ento girls so baka nga il use the slot nalang sa Ninang ko (my tita) :)
sis sparklingjewel photobooth and candy buffet pa lang naiisip ko na gimmick, can i ask for any gimmick ideas? :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2015, 12:06:44 am »
sis sparklingjewel photobooth and candy buffet pa lang naiisip ko na gimmick, can i ask for any gimmick ideas? :)

Hi sis, sakin appetizers from the caterer, extra cocktail food table (cookies, etc still thinking what to put), juice (3-4 kinds) and coffee (brewed and fraps) bar, and a photo area din. My venue is outdoor so may space pa sila to roam around and take pics. Im also thinking of a guestbook alternative which can be a cocktail activity since i dont like the usual guestbook.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2015, 12:08:14 am »
Thanks sis clairetez hehe I guess boys will be boys hehe Medyo nag snap ako at naiinis kanina kasi kesyo super busy daw siya sabay paalam siya na may gimmick sya! LOL he's not in Manila kasi but normally if he's here ako yung kasama everyday, and he rarely goes out naman but wala medyo frustrated lang ako kanina.

Sana ma-realize niya yan that I don't take advantage and use all the funds he gives me. Pero hay nako I need his cooperation and hindi ako makaayos ng budget without knowing ilan guests talaga sa side niya.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:13:23 am by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2015, 01:21:13 am »
Same with my fiance Chili1113 hehe anything i assign to him about the wedding usually takes a gazillion years if it even gets done, and with the guestlist basta sabi nya we'll end at 250 attendees (320+ invited) yet i havent even seen his list, just mine. Hehe. You know naman he's busy with his "sports" and me and the wedding planning is just on Saturdays. So actually i would rather do what i can myself. I feel so taken for granted minsan because he does not know how much effort i put into it despite me being the busier one out of the two of us.. sya puro sports lang dyan na non-negotiable for him after work, e ako nga madalas may OT pa. Before whenever we had to book a supplier soon, i would go on all-nighters to research and shortlist and hardly get enough sleep--just so we could move on the planning. I ask him to go on meetings with me and have to ask when i need help.

We recently argued naman about the prenup. Kasi we only have two weekends before it and he is suddenly unavailable on both weekends! So much for the prep time i still thought we had. Sudden family vacay daw in Palawan this weekend and biglaan din na HK naman next weekend. Syempre sinabi lang sa akin after tickets were booked and i could no longer do anything about it. Im like, omg seriously andami pa natin ipplan/ finalize, youre leaving me to do it all?? ? I was so annoyed and hurt also because i knew he could have controlled it if he wanted to and he clearly was thinking more for himself vs. "us" (as usual). Ako kasi baligtad e!! Hindi sya usually considerate of my feelings until AFTER i tell him he hurt me with what he did. Boys. Tsk.
Malamang sa prenup day na kami magkikita as we dont see each other weekdays. How ironic.. and there we're supposed to act all sweet..... Di ko lang feel after this episode. Haaayz.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:59:56 am by sparklingjewel »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2015, 02:47:27 am »
sparklingjewel! Lapit na pala ng prenup mo only 2 weeks to go.  Also you're s busy pala! Me I have work/business but my sched is flexible and I do a lot of "work" from the house. I would go crazy if I had your schedule and still have to do all that planning!=) Actually that's why I wanna get all the wedding stuff out of the way since I'll be busy with a major project very soon aside from renovating our home.

Nako I've been through the exact same thing you've described. Staying up all night and canvassing, researching about suppliers etc. Then the next day when I report to H2B, and bring him to the meetings with suppliers  he's like bored out of his mind and not focusing. Haha I guess I have that same face too what I am with him in a car club meeting, and he's so excited and my face is ...duh! blank!

Don't worry sparklingjewel! Im sure your prenup will go well and by that time both of you will be very happy and excited for the shoot! Siguro right now he's prioritizing his family trips before "you guys," since he only has a few months left to be single and give in to his parents' plans and wishes. At the same time since he's the 1st to get married, his family keeps scheduling trips for them to all bond before he soon gets married. I sorta feel the same but towards my son.  My son will always be my 1st priority but of course once I get married my son will no longer have my undivided attention as I also must give heed to my responsibilities as a wife and homemaker. So I've been trying to give him extra attention and time before I get married.


sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2015, 10:44:21 am »
^Yes i work full-time, usually 9:30-6 is a very light day and i can go to the gym by 6:30! When there are huge presentations or deadlines though, i have to spend extra hours in the office until late. Haha that's why i've been telling fiance na i want to start and manage a business nalang din.

Anyway these things im sure we'll talk about sa Discovery Weekend. Just planning to get the prenup out of the way then we'll do it na. I would really want to improve on our relationship while we can. A friend of mine though, his wedding got cancelled after the DW when they realized they had very different priorities/ could not meet each other's needs. I hope we dont have to postpone ours! :p

On your fiance, im sure he appreciates what you do for the wedding more than you know. Boys kasi not expressive as much on their appreciation. And yes sometimes they tend to do things that will annoy us more (not finishing wedding deliverables pero may time lumabas or magsports or something completely sacrificable) pero kasi they don't realize na it does. Haha we girls can connect everything-- lumalaki kasalanan nila based on the next move! Lol. Telling them about what hurt or annoyed us will usually improve things.

angelholics

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2015, 10:46:04 am »
hi sis simang, DJ toni tubero daw hehe :) plus bro's HS batchmate who was a DJ in the US and went here then offered to do his DJ stuff medyo nakakatawa lang kase, mala Tom Taus party people sounds ang ginawa nya. wala naman ako narinig na na OFF during that time.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2015, 11:46:59 am »
Why do people invite themselves? I just got a message asking me about the wedding because they're buying their plane tickets now. EXCUSE ME?! I purposely do not post wedding related stuff on my social media accounts because I don't want to give information to those who are not invited. Only invited guests know our FB event page and wedsite. So if you know nothing about the wedding, it probably means that you're not invited.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2015, 11:52:38 am »
Oops.. willing to spend pa sis just to attend.. hehe.. did you respond?


caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2015, 12:31:13 pm »
No sis. Haha! But I told my mum that they should deal with their relatives. If I respond, I may not be able to control myself. Anak kasi of my dad's cousin who is also his best friend. This is actually not the first time that she sent a message. I didn't want to invite her because if I did, not only would I be compelled to invite her siblings, but I would also be forced to invite the whole generation para walang samaan ng loob.

Hay. Some people are just dense. If someone doesn't reply to you, but is nonetheless active on her social media accounts, then probably she doesn't want to respond to your messages. I'm so mean, pero nakakainis!

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2015, 01:26:45 pm »
So far with my 240 guests (current count) walang self invite except of course the plus 2s of the two PS na wala nakong magagawa. If someone will pm me, I'd do the same siguro.. I'll ignore them too. :)

My problem now is the handling of ceremony.. the officiant's team wanted to handle the ceremony solely..as in no coordinator in the picture.. pati musicians they have their own. Haha.. aayusin ko pa muna din to..

How about a guest na tumatawad sa attire? Hehe.. The daughter of my PS pm'd me askin if she could wear slacks kase she doesn't wear gown.. medyo maliit kasi sya. Hinayaan ko na kase ayoko pastress haha!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close