Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 15 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 84462 times)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Joe replies to me fast whether SMS or fb chat :) As in within the same hour or less. I dont remember her taking more than a day.

juwie

  • Guest
Yes Joe San Antonio replies fast ☺

anneshirley

  • Guest
Thanks girls!!  :-* I messaged her FB na  ;D

fluffyfluff

  • Guest
Coca couture replies within the day naman with emails sis :)

juwie

  • Guest
For the Mel Orlina brides, do they text or remind you of your appointment? I'm having my 1st fitting kasi this week. Not sure if I should confirm my schedule with them (which is sila yung nag provide) or punta na lang ako dun on the scheduled day. Ayoko naman sana pumunta dun tapos magulat ako wala pa pala my gown. So I just wondered ☺

yannuh

  • Guest
hi sis juwie, not a Mel Orlina bride (I wish hihi) pero i try to re-confirm my appointment few days before the appt date para lang sure silang dadating ako hihi. Sila din naman ganun, nireremind nila ako if malapit na yung appointment:)

juwie

  • Guest
Thanks sis yannuh! I guess tawagan ko na nga lang to confirm.. ☺

Jailalee

  • Guest
Promoting my bridal gown designer ulit haha, can't stress how happy I am with how it turned out! Check our Kristel Yulo, she's active naman on FB so you can see her latest designs.

Her prices can go as high as you want pero she asks you off the bat what your max budget is and will stick to it talaga. My only gripe siguro is my gown ended up a bit loose, though baka that's not her fault kasi right until the very end I was losing weight. Nakakatawa kasi refused to make my gown smaller and begged me to eat nalang kasi pangit na rin ata tignan, was very thin to begin with.

Natakot ako baka bigla nalang mahulog gown ko nun kaya medyo pangit posture ko. Have absolutely 0 boobs kaya kaya wala talagang nagho-hold-up.

papemelroti

  • Guest
I tried on a ramona keveza dress and got that this is it feeling, too bad it was priced at 150,000😔

anneshirley

  • Guest
Hello again girls!

Sa pagkaparanoid ko, I re-read this thread to make sure I didn't miss out on any names while looking for designers haha I saw there was mention of Hannah Kong and after browsing thru her Instagram there are some pieces that are nice!

Can I check lang if there are Hannah Kong brides in the house? Or any bride who's spoken with her / received a quote from her?

Thanks thanks!

kisses1417

  • Guest
Hannak kong, the daughter of francis kong? Muka nga magaganda designs nya kasi minsan nagpopost din c francis about his daughter, very proud sya 😊

reese17

  • Guest
When I inquired with Hannah, she told me her starting rate was 55k. :) Her atelier is located near Rockwell, Makati.

anneshirley

  • Guest
Thanks reese17!

bwatinella

  • Guest
Hi sissies. Are there Kirk Saberon brides here? He is near our place kasi and would to consider him. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

cheezums

  • Guest
Had my (second) first gown fitting yesterday at Elena's Gowns and Barongs. I'm happy with it. They just need to make some adjustments and changes. The very first fitting I had, I didn't the style of the skirt part like so they made a new one. The second time it's fine. Next fitting with details na, I'm excited.

For the entourage dress, I settled for the most practical choice- infinity dresses. Good thing we found our motif color in Roslim Enterprise in Juan Luna St. One important item off the list! Got them all already.
I'm a December bride. 6 months to go.

philpotts

  • Guest
Hello ladies, finally after a month and a half I finally settled on a designer :D

Review on considered-designers first:

Joe San Antonio - I love how quaint her studio is! She let me try on her gowns although di lang nagkasya yung iba - I have child-bearing hips haha. And sarap ilakad ng mermaid gowns niya, daming leg room and hindi mabigat. :)

Mel Orlina - I had doubts about transferring but if anything else I think my 3rd meeting with her cemented that decision. I'm not sure if I came on a bad day but I'm just disappointed about how our barely-5 minute meeting turned out. I was discussing what I wanted changed on the design of the gown, the whole time kasi nakasimangot siya and not even letting me finish my say on the design so bura siya ng bura kapag may nasasama siyang hindi ko gusto. And sabi siya ng sabi ng "O ano pa gusto mo palitan?" :( Very different from my first meeting with her kaya I can tell the difference. No warmth at all. She showed me her sketch, with squiggly lines to mean as embroidery. I think she noticed my frown when I looked at the sketch kaya niya ko sinabihan na "Basta maganda yan."

Boom Sason - Her studio is residential and with such an amazing mirror. She's such an interesting character, and golly her form is amazing a week after giving birth! Her rate starts at 45K and that's usually just neoprene for the fabric (for additional lace it's 65k and up). She said she usually does an hour-long discussion about the gown design on the next meeting. She hates 'puson' though because her gowns are usually very form-fitting, so she requests the brides to work on their core hehe. But she said that the bride has to say if that's the 'final' form so she can work on the gown.

Mara Chua - sooo yes finally! I chose Mara to do my design :D I met with her for the 2nd time but we've been able to chat via email before my appointment. We had a better meeting this time than the previous one hehe. I was also a little intimidated about her prior posts before but mas natuwa ako sa acerbic wit niya this time around. and as soon as she finished the sketch I instantly had a feeling of relief. I didn't have to search anymore :)

abbeyS

  • Guest
hi sis philpotts, buti ka nga ok yung first meeting mo with Mel, pero ako una pa lang, di na. Wala pang 10mins  nung nag usap kami and in that 10min time, parang wala siyang gana, nakasimangot and di siya nagssugest and as if i can't be me pag kausap siya. I was then with h2b and he felt the same. Sayang, siya pa naman una kong pinuntahan na designer because of her lacey works.
Iniwan pa niya kami agad nung me dumating na client na i think have booked her already.
Poor me and hubby:(

Anyway, no 2nd thoughts, I decided to find another and have considered Jo Rubio and is totally the opposite, swear :)





juwie

  • Guest
Congrats philpotts! :) nakakaloka IG post ni Mara Chua today. Bakat nipple nya.

lyr3hs

  • Guest
^^ sis i experieced the same thing with Mel Orlina. I was surprised na ganun siya sa min dahil madami naman siyang good reviews.. Oh well.. I decided not to go for her as my mom didnt like her also.. :(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:11:35 pm by lyr3hs »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Back in 2012 when Mel wasnt so popular, I had a formal dress made by her and while it was a tad too expensive and didnt fit so well (lumalabas boning and made me look flat), i can say she was nice to me. Now that she has more clients ganyan na sya? Sad. :( Namimili narin siguro so if she will have a difficult time with you she'd rather book another new client. I can see this in other suppliers too.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close