Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 15 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 84023 times)

biancayapching

  • Guest
@Chili1113

If nagawa na yung gown i think di na pwede cos syempre nag pirmahan na ng contract and hindi sya major alteration kumbaga babaguhin yung buong design eh. I know one starting designer (not gonna mention her name) whom we have a mutual friend apparently bff nya yung mutual namin and she end up spending more than 60k for her bride because nag papalit yung bride ng design with one month left on their timeline so manpower ginawa nung designer to finish the gown and she end up hiring 4 beaders which cost her a lot. Talong talo yung designer cos the budget of her bride is halos kalahati lang and she can't do anything abt it sabi ko nga nung na kwento sakin yun lesson learn na dun sa designer what happen to her. So sis i think stick to the plan na lang or minor padagdag/bawas na lang para di hassle sa part ng designer.

juwie

  • Guest
^ nagawa na ba gown mo? If not yet, i think pwede naman. I had my gown redesigned and my designer actually gave me a deadline for my final design. Then nag final sketching kami. Yun nga lang the price might change sis. Although yung sakin same rate pa rin. If you're really decided to change your gown and it's really your final design, talk to your designer. ☺

Chili1113

  • Guest
Hi Juwie! No they havent started my gown yet. Im so happy to hear its not uncommon to ask your designer to redesign for you hehe Anyway may reason naman ako... that di bagay the design for my new wedding date in summer vs jan. Thank you!

kisses1417

  • Guest
Yes i think thats ok too, basta kung mag increase man ng price, tell him na you want to stick with your budget. Most likely, babawasan lang ng konti details. :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^Chili1113 I talked to my designer na about possibly changing my design and shewas cool about it since we haven't started. Yun nga lang since the initial sketch and my revised design aren't too cohesive, i cannot combine both in one gown (for two looks) and will have to choose to go with just one. Sabi ko I will make the decision in a month's time when I go for measurements. Hehe i still cannot decide!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Thanks ladies!! I will definitely try more rtw dresses this week so I can make up my mind LOL and then go meet my designer. She hasn't replied to me which is unusual, but then I saw her IG and she's in Japan pala. The cost shouldnt go up too much since we havent started production at all. My measurements havent even been taken yet. And my wedding is still next year so kayang kaya to change. Sana lang talaga the price doesnt change so much.

Meow Lao Li

  • Guest
Hi mga sis,

Been from three designers na:

Yto Gonzaga- Frou-frou not my thing; though I think affordable naman at around 70k

Patricia Santos- very costly; didn't have any rapport kasi pinagkamalan akong entourage kahit on-the-dot ako dumating sa confirmed meeting namin

Jiji Cinco- very accommodating when it comes to what I want and gives me honest feedbacks sa dos and don'ts; di lang ako nadesignan ng gown though may sample trimmings naman syang pinakita; very good craftsmanship

More to come...

Question lang, pag mag-bo-book ba ako ng designer soon, pwede ba yung I text or call them to inform na I'd like a second meeting and see from there? Or pwedeng call/text lang para sabihan na "please reserve a slot for me?" Or deposit agad?

How does this work?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:52:19 am by Meow Lao Li »

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Sis Meow Lao Li how much quote sayo ni patricia?

Meow Lao Li

  • Guest
Sis Meow Lao Li how much quote sayo ni patricia?


She quoted me 150k

Chili1113

  • Guest
^Patricia S. only quoted me 100k last year for a 75% fully beaded gown with Swarovski. My friend got her for 2014 wedding and the price was even much much lower that 100k. 

My gosh for 150k I would go for Rajo Laurel not Patricia Santos. Rajo's basic gowns start at 150k

Try Rich Fontanilla if you want heavy embroidery and beaded type of gowns that aren't too expensive.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:21:03 am by Chili1113 »

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Ako din 150k! Sis meow ano style ng sayo? Big skirt ba?

skeedoodles

  • Guest
Hi girls!

Im getting married on Dec 2015 and still have not decided on who to get as my wedding gown designer. Budget is 80-100k for a ballgown which transforms into n a-line gown for the reception. pero hindi fully beaded and hindi heavy embroidery.

I met with Von Lazaro and quoted 65k for the gown but his team wont be there on the wedding day kasi holiday na raw nun. So I am crossing him off my list.

I also met with Joel Escober. No question about his work as he made 3 of cousins' wedding gowns and each one was lovely. Although I am 50% of booking him, I didnt have the "this is it" feeling when we met. He is nice and accommodating, though.

I currently contacted Patricia Santos and initial quote for me was 100k for the ballgown only, I didnt inquire about the 2-in-1 transformation na.

I badly need help. 6 months na lang till the wedding so guess I better decide first week of June :(

Thanks in advance!:-)

Meow Lao Li

  • Guest
Hi lippiequeen and Chili1113, sorry for the late reply.

My preferred gown was not frou-frou of any kind nor ball gown. While I was explaining my SPECIFIC preferences and pegs, she did her own version naman while I was talking, kaya may ibang di nya napansin sa sinabi ko and included it sa drawing nya; big NO. I was aiming for somebody to really listen before doing anything, though nagsasabi naman sya ng inputs nya. Beadwork will be till waist and showered pa, no specific artistry naman like the ones na nakikita sa internet regarding sa nagawa na nya-- swirls, florals; just shower lang. May ibang sinabi din sya na na-off ako....

So, it's somewhat disappointing to say that not meant to be talaga.

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Til waist lang sis tapos hnd big skirt at 150k padin quote nya sis? So sad to hear sis hindi talaga kayo meant to be. Madami pa namang designers sis balitaan mo kami sino ang mabook mo. Ako naman din nagiisip pa  hehe

Hevn

  • Guest
Does anyone know starting price for Niko Hernandez? We've been exchanging e-mails and he seems really nice and accommodating kahit sa e-mail palang that's why I have good vibes. Important kasi sakin yung madali kausap sa e-mail because I am based in Baguio right now and have to schedule trips back home in Manila for my wedding.

Thanks girls!

Meow Lao Li

  • Guest
Hi lippiequeen, are you considering on getting Patricia S?

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Sis oo sana if ever nagagandahan talaga ako sobra sa work nya nung nakita ko sa shop. Ano yung nasabi nya na offensive if okay lang malaman?

Pero imemeet kopa si Jo Rubio and si Coca soon hehe

Ikaw sis?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
So, it's somewhat disappointing to say that not meant to be talaga.

Sis have you tried Andrea Tetangco? Super similar sila style ni Patricia but she is more veteran. And based on personal experience she listened to me a lot more, more rapport also. :) Masaya kausap. Had bad experience kasi kay Patricia in terms of professionalism (or lack thereof).

anneshirley

  • Guest
Hi girls!

Not sure how related this is to the thread but can I check how important the presence of the designer's rep is while preparing for the ceremony?

My wedding kasi is overseas so definitely can't have someone there. My sister will just help me into the dress but wala kami sewing experience whatsoever. I was thinking regardless of whether RTW or custom-made sya, if there are gown hiccups there are gown hiccups talaga. But now thinking if I should go for a designer in the country or one in the Philippines...

What do you think?  :o

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^Sis i think make sure nalang to choose a gown you can wear without professional help, not a bulky gown. There are gowns talaga kasi na ang hirap isuot by yourself, baka masira or makusot yung gown. Usually the designers nowadays only send 2 assistants but these are sanay assistants, so no need for the designer.

But i have also encountered a designer na may on the spot sewing (of tulle overlay) and then they remove it after the ceremony para may 2nd look. Personally ayaw ko yung ganun na may tatahiin pa sa preps. You never know if you'll have enough time or not or if magagawa nicely under pressure..

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close