Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 15 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 84027 times)

lippiequeen

  • Guest
How much did she quote you sis? Yah sis i agree ang mahal but yung quality and craftmanship naman talaga ng gowns nya mukhang mahal. Hindi ko padin siya nabobook e pero tempted na tempted nako magbenta ng kidney. Joke! Hahahaha

Si Claiza nagpagawa yung friend ko sa kanya ng evening gown maganda, pero bridal sis wala pa akong nakikita hehe

thisgirlisonfayer

  • Guest
Hi sis Meow Lao Li if you want something na same aesthetic wth Patricia Santos but cheaper I recommend Coca Couture (Andrea Tetangco) same sila na lace gamit tapos papatungan ng Japan Beads.. Andrea have excellent beaders very crafty din yung pag place or applique ng mga lace sa bodice..

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^Have personally met both Patricia and Andrea. Have written about my experience here (you can use the search tab nalang for that, wont go into the details). I would recommend going with Andrea, super same sila ng style but mas veteran si Andrea and back when they used to be friends, Patricia would learn from her and ask tips. I am pretty sure she is cheaper too. :)

There is a reason na same look yung output nila. But go check her out, Andrea seemed very nice to work with :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:33:56 pm by sparklingjewel »

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Sis thisgirlisonfayer how much yung rate ni miss coca? Mas mura ba sya ng sobra?

Chili1113

  • Guest
sparklingjewel: why arent andrea t. and patricia s. friends anymore hehe? Just wondering =)

honestly for me, for formal long gowns, parang mas type ko the style of Andrea Tetangco. Hehe Ang showbiz ng style ni Patricia eh. I mean its nice but very ma "masa" also in the sense that heavily beaded palagi na over the top and full of bling! hehe Pero yes her gowns are nice.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^Chili1113 I will share with you offline, as it's a story i would rather not disclose here in a public forum. :)) Hehe Andrea is so classy and also pretty!

Chili1113

  • Guest
hahah Thanks Sparklingjewel!! =)

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Magkaaway sila? Bakit daw sis sparklingjewel? Pwede din malaman? Chismosa lang hahahaha hindi ko pa nakikita si andrea e, si patricia nagagandahan ako sa kanya and very sosy ang arrive nya :) sis sparklingjewel good luck pala sa pagscout ng entourage gown designer, kayang kaya mo yan mukhang magaling ka naman talaga magresearch

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Magpapaset nako ng appointment kay coca! Thanks sisses :)

Meow Lao Li

  • Guest
Hi lippiequeen, she quoted me 150k, I like her aesthetics, though not that convinced pa since may technical eye kasi ako from my line of work. I'm interested to meet Claiza and yeah thisgirlisonfayer, baka nga si Coca Couture din.  :)

Sparklingjewel, I'm very intrigued sa part ng sinabi mo. Wish I could know more, I'm just wondering why I didn't get the rapport with Patricia, maybe we work in almost the same industry... hehe!




lippiequeen

  • Guest
Yes sis tama, more on magpunta sa lahat ng possible nating magustuhan para no regrets hehe good luck sis balitaan mo kami

FutureMrsU

  • Guest
Sis Papemelroti, yes, I can confirm that Roxy's atelier is located in a "not-so-prime" location. You have to take quite a few sidestreets. It's located along Pasay, north bound side, so medyo dodgy nga; but she and her assistant are very helpful naman with directions and you can call them once you're in Pasay na to locate the place. They have a parking slot in a nearby garage so that you don't have to go for street parking, which can be risky. The atelier's okay naman inside.

biancayapching

  • Guest
For me lang regarding sa pag pirate ng beader i think di talaga maiiwasan yun cos some designers talaga have beaders that came from other designers as well and some beaders as well as sewers accepts work from other designers.. Like some beaders of Mel Orlina and Debbie Co accepts work from both designers, Christine Lam and Czarina Villa also have the same beader, Paolo Blanco, Haydee Garcia and Edward Teng also have the same beaders and the list goes on.. Maliit lang kasi mundong ginagalawan nila so hindi din siguro maiiwasan yung ganun.

lippiequeen

  • Guest
I agree pero kung sadyang pinirate para magaya ang designs ibang story naman din yun. But syempre ayaw naman natin mamintang na si patricia yung nagpirate or what, benefit of the doubt lang na baka hindi totoo as hindi rin naman natin alam yung talagang totoo, kawawa din yung hindi makadefend sa sarili. Basta meet nalang natin yung mga shortlisted suppliers tapos decide from our meetings. Minsan din kasi mayroon lang talagang mga tao na gusto manira, kawawa yung victim :) nagpaschedule nadin ako kay Jo Rubio hehe sana okay

futuremrsyoung

  • Guest
Went to Haydee Garcia's studio for design consultation before ako makapag decide if I should get her for my ento and a group of ninangs went to her studio with a Mara Chua gown para i repair..  Grabe mas lalo akong nahihirapan mag decided between Haydee and Emil! Parang okay yun mga signs na nakikita ko kay Haydee and her works sa office are pretty impressive but i'm rooting for Emil more cos mas veteran sya sa industry.

philpotts

  • Guest
Hello mga sis, just gonna give you a feedback on the designers/RTW shop I visited the past week :)

Coca Couture - Andrea's shop is easy to locate, although nahirapan lang kami pumasok mismo sa shop niya, there were two cars parked in front and we had to squeeze in between the car and the wall beside it. She's very easy to talk to, I love the fabric she showed me and you can tell that she has a good eye for color. She quoted me 70k for my peg though. I really like her designs, just not comfortable with her comments about  Mara Chua and boobs. T.T

White Label - I like how light the gowns are compared with Rosa Clara's. Yung makakalakad ka pa :) The price is comparable to custom-made (40-58K), I think I would've gone for them if mas mura yung gowns nila.

Roxy Bagano - I had to commute to Roxy's place dahil coding kami nung day na to. Medyo crowded lang yung area, naligaw din ako kasi walang sign outside ng shop niya. Roxy's very nice, her Mom was there too and nag-chikahan lang kami hihi. I just got a little confused when she told me to choose a color/shade from her tulle fabric sample. As much as possible kasi ayoko gumamit ng tulle sa design. She's gonna give me another quote kasi mas gusto ko yung embroidery/design na meron din sa may lower part of the gown. Initial quote for me was 40K.

Kristel Yulo - She made me wait for 40 mins, even though I was scheduled at 4PM :( I like the 'getting to know' part with Kristel, but I guess I just like sticking with appointments. Quote for me was 75-80k.

Gretchen Pichay - Residential din pala ang studio ni Gretchen :) She seemed very nice, she showed me a lot of her current gowns, sample fabric and embroidery/3D flowers. She also made 3 rough sketches for me to choose from, which I appreciated. Medyo matagal yung initial meeting namin cause she asked me a lot of questions about the design I have in mind for the gown. Quoted me 75-90K, I asked if we can lower it to 60K and she's okay with it. Magdagdag na lang daw kami kapag nakulangan ako sa beading/embroidery.

Off to meet Joe San Antonio, and last get a THIRD sketch from my original couturier, Mel Orlina.  So far I think my top 3 is Gretchen, Joe and Mel.

papemelroti

  • Guest
Thank you! I will go ahead and ask her in a week re: prices.

Sis papemelroti yup! Pero matinding tawaran nangyari haha! She quoted me 4k talaga kasi mas mahal powerknit compare to chiffon pero nag give in sya sa offer ko na 3k since she will do the whole entourage including sponsors/ninangs as well
As some of my friends' gown.. Try mo mag haggle madali naman sya kausap when it comes to pricing :)

papemelroti

  • Guest
Roxy is known for being one of the nicest designers but i am not taken with her designs posted online and the fact her office is far from most of my entourage. Leaning towards haydee garcia at this point.
sis papemelroti, di naman super dodgy yung location ni roxy.
though may pagka-masikip kase yung daan at malapit sya sa public market kaya siguro may nag-feedback ng ganun.
pero for me, yung pakikitungo nya sa clients and the way she does her business more than makes up for the minor hassle of going to her shop. :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
philpotts, just curious, what did Andrea say that made you uncomfortable? Sorry chismosa. lol.

Chili1113

  • Guest
question: has anyone here ever asked their designer to re-design their whole gown after the contract has been signed and down payment has been made? I want to change me gown design after trying on some rtw gowns. Also when I commissioned my designer my wedding was supposed to be a Jan wedding in Tagaytay. But now we moved it to May, and di na bagay the design since it is a summer wedding.

 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close