Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 15 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 84472 times)

juwie

  • Guest
At first i wanted a ball gown and really disliked serpentine/mermaid gowns, but when i tried on RTW gowns, nag iba pananaw ko about it: mas ok pala talaga ang serpentine gown sa akin kesa sa ball gown. i thought hindi sya bagay sa akin coz ive seen photos of mermaid gowns na parang suman na sa pagka hapit hehe. So yup if you can try on gowns, better. Para you know what fits your body type best.

reese17

  • Guest
Yes, trying on gowns is super fun! Even if you already have a design in mind or a signed contract. I think it's part of the thrill of bridal preps :) I enjoyed my time at Mi Sueno and Rosa Clara. That's where I discovered na di pala bagay sakin ang sleeved (or illusion sleeve) gowns coz they make my arms look bigger instead of camouflaging them. I kept all my photos and still enjoy looking at them! (At Rosa Clara, though, photos aren't allowed anymore and may nagbabantay talaga to make sure you don't violate the rule.)

aaams0808

  • Guest
Hi! Everyone! :) I'm a newbie here and a March 2016 bride. :)
Any feedback with Richie Ortega Torres? I'm planning to get her for my entourage :) Thanks in advance! :)

f878

  • Guest
nakakatuwa naman yung mga posts about fitting rtw gowns.
i always pass by the wedding gown section sa landmark (glorietta and trinoma) to check out styles pero never ako nagkalakas ng loob to ask na magsukat sa sobrang mahiyain ko. :-[ wish i had the same experience as some of you girls. :)

sis juwie, yan din ang pov ko dati sa mermaid/serpentina. parang di kase ako makakahinga or makakalakad pag sinuot ko sa hapit. hehe pero dahil sabi ni h2b na gusto nya talaga medyo form-fitting, suggest ni roxy semi-mermaid ang gagawin nya at nung nag-fit naman ako nung lining, mukhang makakahinga naman ako. :D sino na nga pala designer mo? :)

juwie

  • Guest
Sis f878, si Mel Orlina designer ko. Actually I told her nung first ko sya na meet na i wanted a ball gown. So nag sketch sya for one. Then sabi nya mag try daw ako ng sample mermaid gown nya kasi feeling daw nya mas bagay yun sa akin, pero kung san daw ako mas kinikilig dun daw kami. Di naman nya ko pinilit ☺ narealize ko na mas ok nga yun for me after trying it on even my friends said yun yung mas ok for me. semi serpentine lang din gusto ko though ☺ lapit na wedding mo sis!!! 😀

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Buti pa kayo sis nakapag try ng different gown styles. Ako as usual.. wala haha! Kaya I don't know if babagay sakin yung napili ko which is mermaid cut din..

f878

  • Guest
sexy ka naman sis juwie kaya i'm sure kering-keri mo talaga yun. :)
yes! less than 2 months to go na! medyo naging inactive nga ako sa GT & preps kase sinabayan ng work stress ang wedding planning kaya sobrang crunch time na kame. recently na lang din ako nagkaron ng time to read and post. hay.
anyway, i'm sure magiging maganda ang gown mo sis! si mel orlina din yung kinuha ng hs batchmate ko and ang ganda ng gown nya. here are her photos: http://www.icebox-imaging.com/portfolio/joshua-jeremy-wedding/ :)

sis belle_v2g sigurado ako madadala mo yang mermaid cut. :) tsaka iba talaga ang nagagawa ng confidence and happiness ng bride pag suot ang dream gown nya. i've seen brides na nagsusuot ng cuts na according sa tips ay hindi daw bagay sa body type nila pero dahil it's what they really want, nangingibabaw pa rin yung ganda at saya. :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Buti pa kayo sis nakapag try ng different gown styles. Ako as usual.. wala haha! Kaya I don't know if babagay sakin yung napili ko which is mermaid cut din..

it's okay sis belle_v2g, :)  soon you will be able to fit your gown on your special day :)  chaka pwedi ka pa din naman mag fit. I'm sure madami jan sa Australia na  mga bridal shops. hehe.. Ako wala akong balak bumili at first nung nag try ako sa David's bridal.  Ang sole purpose ko  lang talaga eh para malaman kung anong magandang fit sa body type ko.  Kasi madami akong mga gusto, especially yung mga ala Veluz gowns and mga gowns ni Mel Orlina.  Nung nagtry ako nung first gown, yun nainlove na ako sa kanya hehe.  Nagtry ako ng mga iba kong peg, ball gown, keyhole back, yung mga lace sleeves and illusion back, pero wala eh.  And the price helped a lot.  Hindi ko pa sya binili right on the spot.  Kaso naisip ko, for that price, wala akong makikita na ganun ang cut na sa akin sa Pinas.  Yun lang nga very simple lang sya.  Kya I also bought a sash pero pwedi na. Kasi mura lang yung pagkabili ko ng sash kasi parang may 60% off ako, kasi may friend kami na bumili din ng gown. hehe. Kaya naka discount ako.  :) 

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Is it just me or has Mara Chua increased her rates exponentially? When i met her around Oct/ Nov 2014 she was quoting me 5-6k per entourage gown lang and even her bridal gowns were super affordable (she was the cheapest quote i got---half the price of the rest). Ngayon biglang sa instagram nya, there are 20k/ long gown and 200k, 300k wedding gown....quoted in USD. I haven't decided who to book yet for my ento, but suddenly feeling discouraged to ask if her old rates still hold.

thefragrancespecialist

  • Guest
Has anyone tried Desino Dulce or Kat Corpus? I only saw them sa Bridal Fair in SMX and had a peg quoted. Both of them gave me a quote of less than 30k.

Has anyone worked with them?

LingMVL

  • Guest
^Sis, I'm a Kat Corpus b2b. I booked her at a bridal fair last March. 25k ang gown ko sa kanya. She's easy to talk to and seems very professional. My wedding won't be til Feb 2016 so I still don't know how my gown will be :)

bzbee

  • Guest
my friend is a former Kat Corpus bride. her wedding gown was beautiful and she was very happy with it. on time din ang delivery, wala naman siyang na-mention na negative. they also had a good relationship na even after her wedding nagkakamustahan pa rin sila.

Meow Lao Li

  • Guest
Hi mga Sis, I'm very new here and a B2B next Feb 2016. Can anybody help me and recommend a couturier na magaling sa Bridal gown, preferably romantic-vintage ang style. Meaning, lace, beads, and maybe crystals ang hilig ilagay sa bodice and sobrang ganda ng fit and sewing quality ng gown na kahit pag tinignan sa loob ay malinis at di piro short-cuts?

I don't kow if I'm making a point here or if malabo. I simply want someone who does smooth trasactions, has that kind of aesthetic sa designs nya, good fit and quality since I'm also a designer but don't do any sewings or stuff. Ayoko din kumuha ng mananahi for my gown kasi mas gusto ko ng professional hands-on service.

I have a specific design (I have my own specific idea) but gusto ko ding may touch ng originality or style ng couturier kung sino man ang makakagawa. The pegs of Veluz, Cecilio Abad, ang hinahanap ko. Mga ganung looks ng gown but serpentina/mermaid sana. I'm thinking since they have already earned such high reputation sa industry ng wedding gowns kaya mahal din rates nila. Baka may alam kayo that I can check out? My budget lang is around 50k-70k. Please help... kailan din ako dapat mag start nang magpagawa ng wedding gown?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:11:59 am by Meow Lao Li »

Tubby

  • Guest
Hi, Sisters!

Gosh! Been out of the loop for almost 3 months! I had some wedding gown dilemma last February but I am perfectly ok now. I already booked and had my measurement last weekend by Gretchen Pichay! :D

Funny because I went to Gretchen mid-January. I tried and inquired from Jazel Sy, Maureen Ruiz, Ceclio Abad & Joe San Antonio and I still went back to Gretchen. I cannot forget her and the design she made for me. She also has an easygoing personality and she is very collaborative. Joe San Antonio is my close runner-up.

I am now in search for entourage gowns though I am pencil-booked already with Emil Ocampo. Will still try to visit and inquire from Paolo Blanco. Any feedback guys? :)

juwie

  • Guest
I'm also interested to know if there are any GT brides out there who got Emil Ocampo for their entou gowns? I booked him for that and my entou will be having their measurements next Saturday. any feedback? ☺

joy89

  • Guest
Hi sis thefragrancespecialist. Best friend ng officemate ko before sa US si Kat Corpus. She made her wedding gown in 2010 and it was beautiful. If you want to see it I can send you a picture of her.

che_v

  • Guest
Hi Meow Lao Li! You may want to try and ask Gretchen Pichay. She was my designer and until now I fall in love whenever I see my wedding gown. I can PM you how my gown looks like so you'll have an idea if it is something you want to consider.

Hello Tubby! You'll never go wrong with Gretchen. I asked her din when I was just starting to look for a designer but didn't book her right away. I looked for comparisons pa and even reserved another young designer (who is good as well). Long story short, I went back to Gretchen when the opportunity presented itself and I have no regrets. Super I love what she did for me. And yes, it's very important that you love your gown on the day para happy vibes talaga.  :)

kisses1417

  • Guest
Wala pa din ako gown. May mga nagustuhan ako sa ivory and white pero kasi parang mas maganda sakin ang light champagne. Kaso sa ivory ang whote puro ivory lang at white ang color ng gowns nila. Though ang gagand, ang gusto ko kasi kita ko na yung gown, worried kasi ako na baka diko magustuhan yung gown ko pag nacustom made tapos dahil tinid ko yung budget ko, diko magustuhan. Hayyyy ang hirap pala maghanap ng wedding gown😘. Gusto ko sa vera wang white, natetemp ako mag order online tapos ipauwi sa cousin ko kaso paano naman yung size?

Meow Lao Li

  • Guest
Hi Meow Lao Li! You may want to try and ask Gretchen Pichay. She was my designer and until now I fall in love whenever I see my wedding gown. I can PM you how my gown looks like so you'll have an idea if it is something you want to consider.

Hi che_v, yes please, can you send me photos of your gown? I'm really super OC sa details and sewing qualities ng mga damit because of my line of work din kasi, not to mention, I'm really hoping that my own design and the couturier's own will merge into one for my wedding gown.

bzbee

  • Guest
sis have you tried other rtw bridal shops like bridal room and white label bridal? i think they have the same price range as ivory and white, they might also have a light champagne gown that you can try on.

i also considered rtw dati because of the same reasons you mentioned. na-tempt din ako sa vera wang because they are really affordable and ang ganda talaga, plus ang ganda pa sa pangalan. but i didn't go through with it kasi i have no way of trying it on bago ko bilhin. if hindi pala bagay saken, mas sayang lang sa pera.

btw, i ended up with a custom gown by mel orlina and i couldn't be happier with my choice. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close