Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 15 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 84561 times)

thisgirlisonfayer

  • Guest
Ohh okay sissies! Sorry cos I was in divi few weeks ago for my ento gowns and i stumbled upon fabric shops and lahat sila chantilly lace nila is around 150 pinaka mahal is 280/yard.. Anyway, I've already booked Haydee Garcia to be my couturier! Next week na measurement taking ko with her! What's your thoughts abt Haydee? Feel ko kasi keri sya since fresh pa and mababa pa rates. I was able to haggle ng onti kasi tight and budget and my hubby like the sketch she designed for me! And i also checked yung nga wedding gowns sa office nya na ready for fitting linis ng pagka tahi :)

khalee

  • Guest
Thanks for sharing sis philpotts. April 2016 pa wedding namin. Baka kasi maaga pa para magpa sched ng appointment sa mga designers. Hehe

anneshirley

  • Guest
Hi girls! I'm a GirlTalk newbie and excited bride-to-be! Been going thru the 'Dresses & Gowns' threads (from Part 13 pa!) since last night to get ideas haha So far my top 2 designer picks are Von Lazaro and Rich Fontanilla.

Haven't found any new feedback about their experience with Von since late 2013/early 2014 - may #vonbrides ba dito who can help share an experience nila with him so far? With Rich naman I know he's based in Pampanga, but does he also work with Manila-based brides? Sana someone can help!

Thanks so much girls, and so happy for everyone getting married this year and next!!

ece

  • Guest
Hello sissy! Im eyeing rich fontanilla also, and yes! He's accepting manila, even overseas brides din (gaya ko). May nakita din ako na cebu and boracay brides. :)

sunsetbeach

  • Guest
Hello sisses. I am a rich fontanilla bride here :) yes he does accept Manila brides even if he's pampanga based :) very accommodating siya and he can go to Manila for meetings :) sabi ko nga before, he is my favorite supplier. I already posted my gown here haha. You could backread and check my post about him :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
elegant din styles ni rich fontanilla, i didn't know na pampanga based pala i could have inquired sana dati. :)

anneshirley

  • Guest
Awesome!! Thanks girls I'll definitely contact him 😊 question lang tho: how much would Rich's starting rate be and may extra charge ba if he needs to meet you in Manila?

krysia27

  • Guest
Isa lang ang napagtanungan kong designer, pero kasi long-time designer na sya ng Mommy ko: si Jon Salcedo. He's the guy behind June (SM), Jon Salcedo (Robinson's) and Juno(?) yata of Landmark. One thing that I like about him is that he explains what the bride's body needs to emphasize the best parts, hindi lang yung tatanong nya kung ano yung gustong peg tapos gagayahin. QC based naman sya

ece

  • Guest
sis sunsetbeach! ang ganda mo! bagay na bagay sayo yung gown!  :)

Awesome!! Thanks girls I'll definitely contact him 😊 question lang tho: how much would Rich's starting rate be and may extra charge ba if he needs to meet you in Manila?

Rich's rate starts at 50-55k depende sa style na gusto mo.  :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Just wanted to say I am a bit disappointed with Tantease. Had a dress made to order by them for my prenup and when i got it, there was a light beige stain on the skirt (and the skirt is white ha). I have no time to bring it back or have them clean it or what because any alteration by them takes more than a week and my prenup is within the week already. The craftsmanship seems okay naman and the staff was nice to talk to for the most part. But the price (6500) is quite expensive too for what it was. I am just more disappointed about the stain...sana di na mahalata.

sunsetbeach

  • Guest
elegant din styles ni rich fontanilla, i didn't know na pampanga based pala i could have inquired sana dati. :)

Yep sis pampanga siya :) nakapunta narin ako sa place niya twice mas malapit din kasi samin ang pampanga compared to manila (even if manila ang work ko hehe)

sis sunsetbeach! ang ganda mo! bagay na bagay sayo yung gown!  :)

Rich's rate starts at 50-55k depende sa style na gusto mo.  :)

thank you sis ece :) laking tulong ng HMUA at gown ahahaha.


yup, sis ece is correct. that's the price range for rich pero could be higher depending on your peg mga sisses :) gusto ko lang talaga ng matinding beading kaya medyo tumaas ng konti ang price ng gown ko hehe.

eNVie

  • Guest
@thisgirlisonfayer i am a Haydee Garcia bride. but my wedding is on December pa. i booked her last March i think. she quoted me 30k for the peg i want. embroidered top with soft tulle ball gown skirt na, with the special something i want to incorporate in my gown. ok naman siyang kausap and replies to my messages and queries fast. i don't know na nagtaas pala siya ng price niya. Her bridesmaid gowns she quoted me 3k each then MoH and mothers 3k-5k i think. hope it helps.

philpotts

  • Guest
You're welcome sis khalee!

Went back to Mel Orlina last week mga sis and so happy with her sketch :D She's using duchesse satin na for the fabric instead of the lace/chiffon kaya may increase lang onti sa price. Also dropped by Mara Chua's shop on the same day, love the sketch as well and mas mura ang quote niya 50k. Kaso nalungkot lang ako kasi initially she quoted me 20k for it (neoprene / heavy satin), pero very minimal embroidery added and it was 50k na, no bridal service din I think. I'm also gonna ask for a sketch from Paolo Blanco and Haydee Garcia, if I'm not as in love with their sketches as I am with Mel's, I'm spending the extra money and sticking with her.

I'm going to try and make an appointment on a couple of RTW bridal shops (Rosa Clara, Ivory) just so I know the feel of walking in a gown. Kinakabahan ako mapatid e. Na-try niyo din ba mga sis mag-try on ng gowns?

hallerski

  • Guest
Na-try niyo din ba mga sis mag-try on ng gowns?

yes sis, sa lahat ng preps na ginawa namin ni fiance, this experience yung pinaka-na-excite ako then next is  trying on different rings :)
i've tried on 10 different designer gowns here in sg by appointment.. different silhouettes and different kinds of fabric, para alam ko which one suits my body type and para alam ko din kung [textspeak!]-anong fabric ang ginagamit nila sa gowns.  I was able to fit Monique Lhuillier and Vera Wang gowns too.  super nice experience, before I decided which kind of gown ang final peg ko :)

_glamorosa

  • Guest
@thisgirlisonfayer i am a Haydee Garcia bride. but my wedding is on December pa. i booked her last March i think. she quoted me 30k for the peg i want. embroidered top with soft tulle ball gown skirt na, with the special something i want to incorporate in my gown. ok naman siyang kausap and replies to my messages and queries fast. i don't know na nagtaas pala siya ng price niya. Her bridesmaid gowns she quoted me 3k each then MoH and mothers 3k-5k i think. hope it helps.

hi sis envie! ms. haydee garcia is included in my shortlist. sya kasi yung pasok sa budget ko. were you able to avail of her discount? tia!

rightback

  • Guest
sis philpotts i tried fitting with ivory and white. it was a fun experience and minsan magugulat ka na there are gowns na akala mo di bagay sayo pero ok pala. gives you a better idea on what looks good on you.

philpotts

  • Guest
^Hello mga sis gonna give you a feedback on the designers I checked out yesterday.

Haydee Garcia:
Quoted me 50k for the peg I wanted. Medyo nagulat lang ako kasi I expected a lower price range. She said she gives 30% discount on her premium gowns and when I asked what it was via viber she said it's for gowns quoted 50k and above. On the day I came to visit her I asked if she's gonna give me a discount, just got confused when she said "uhm that's for premium gowns." Love her dog though!
Fabric: Duchesse Satin

NiƱo Angeles:
Quoted me 35k + style and dress me up on my prenup if I want to. Would also help me search for my headpiece :) Very chatty and full of suggestions! So excited about the cut and style of my gown hihi. Magka-klase daw sila ni Vania :) Just really need more feedback and medyo bitin ako sa mga recent posts niya lately. But I'm considering him!
Fabric: Neoprene

Debbie Co:
Quoted me 50k for the dress + 5k for the bridal service. I love her shop! Andami kong nagustuhang designs ng mga casual dresses niya. Nalungkot lang ako cause she shot down my pegs and the design I want. So I ended up with a sketch na sakto lang for me. :( I like that she followed up and sent me a proposal though.
Fabric: Reverse stretchable crepe

Also tried out 8 rosa clara gowns and wow iba pala talaga if you tried different cuts! You were right ladies, so I'll try ivory and white next week!

Do you have an idea on the price range of Rhett Ayala, Boom Sason, Mich Dulce and Maureen Disini? :D Also feedback on Christine Lam? :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:25:24 pm by philpotts »

sevenstars

  • Guest
Hi philpotts, I inquired with Maureen last year -- her bridal gowns start at 80k. :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^Wow philpotts neoprene for a bridal gown? I've seen it used for entourage gowns but not yet for a bridal gown! Hindi ba mainit at mabigat? :p Mara is fond of using neoprene also in her ento gowns... she offered it to me before. Unique nga sya na material kaso parang nafeel ko di lang bagay sa outdoor wedding ko hehe it's so stiff kasi. TGG ka naman right? Excited to see your gown!

bonzaigirl

  • Guest


I'm going to try and make an appointment on a couple of RTW bridal shops (Rosa Clara, Ivory) just so I know the feel of walking in a gown. Kinakabahan ako mapatid e. Na-try niyo din ba mga sis mag-try on ng gowns?

Hi sis.  Me and one of my best friends who is also getting married next year made an appointment with David's bridal about 2 months ago. Just to check what the different cut of gowns look like sa body type mo. Kasi all of us have this image in our mind, pero yun naman pala eh hindi bagay sa atin.  Well I tried 4 different types including yung gusto ko na may lace cutout keyhole look sa likod, and yung ecru shade na gown na illusion back and lace ang sleeves.  But I fell in love with first gown that I tried.  It was just a simple mermaid gown, but it fell on all the right places and dun ko naramdaman na "this is it!"  ;D ;D Plus na inlove ako sa price kasi it was just about P29,000 .  so after a week I bought it na. hehe. 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close