Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 15 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 84565 times)

thisgirlisonfayer

  • Guest
Thanks sissies! Kasi pinaka concern ko is yung beading ng gown ko i want to be intricate as possible!! More on lace applique kasi ivory and white and they use chantilly lace lang parang di worth it.. Nice din roxy but she quoted me 50k.. Way over my budget! I just saw Haydee's ig and fb na she's slashing off 30% sa mga december 2015 to may 2016 brides who will avail her made to order gown.. So feel ko if i quo quote nya ko ng 45k-50k for an embroidered gown keri lang kasi may discount so bababa pa.. Cut off na on June so I have to decide..

rightback

  • Guest
Hi! May feedback ba from brides ni Roxy Bagano? So far I'm leaning towards getting her for my gown. :) thanks!

Chili1113

  • Guest
thisgirlisonfayer: FYI chantilly lace if it is real french handmade lace is much more expensive than embroidery with beading. =) much much more expensive.  Thats why for my gown I opted na embridery and lots of beading "lang" because chantilly lace is so expensive kahit walang kahit isang bead or crystal nakalagay dyan mas mahal yon. Also I dont think Ivory and White uses real chantilly lace.  Bihira and designer that uses real french lace and if ever they use it, di nila tadtad ng beaads yon kasi sayang yung lace. FYI sobrang mura na ng gown with chantilly lace na below 80k. Usualy 100k up yan kahit walang wlalang beads yan, FYI mura lang ang beads.

sparklingjewel: thanks for the info! expensive din si Andrea at 9k. ill add nalang 1k and make richie do my entourage so less hassle and at least  makati location. Richie kasi is 10-12k per gown. However, my budget is only 7-8k.

OK kaya the gowns of mel orlina for entourage?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 12:24:22 pm by Chili1113 »

juwie

  • Guest
Chilli113 how about Debbie Co? I like her entou gowns.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Thanks Juwie! Actually Debbie Co is a personal friend of mine and i love her work. The fit of her gowns are really superb. hehe dyahe lang ako to go to her because the last time I asked her to make a formal gown for me it was quite expensive pero I was dyahe to get a discount. Hehhee baliktad kasi ako, I get dyahe to a haggle and ask for a discount pag personal friend ko yung supplier hehe  Pero nice nga Debbie's gowns!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^You're friends pala with Debbie? Hehe i went to her too when i was looking for a designer. Medyo mahal nga mga 100k. I find her work pretty though. Medyo Mel Orlina yung draping and ruching but nicer. But lately two of my friends cautioned me kasi about getting her because she has so many clients na daw kaya ang late magbigay.

reese17

  • Guest
^ Chili, I actually wanted to get Mel Orlina for my entourage after seeing her do the dresses for my friend's bridesmaids and SS. Kaso when I started asking around, my friend told me that Mel wants to focus on bridal gowns na raw eh. So I never inquired na. I can PM you photos of the wedding I attended.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 03:46:41 pm by reese17 »

Chili1113

  • Guest
sparklingjewel: Hehe yeah we're not super close but I know Debbie and met her before she became a designer. I've had several dresses made by her and the fit is always very good. Weird ba? I also wanted to inquire with Michael Leyva bec I know him too and friend of SIL but then dyahe talaga ako to inquire with people I know. Nahihiya ako to haggle, and also nahihiya ako not to hire them after inquiring.

reese17: hello sis! Ive seen a lot of pics of Mel Orlina entourage gowns and OK naman. How is it like up close and in person sis? I think her entou gowns are about 7500-8k when I inquired. Her studio location is very convenient too.

kisses1417

  • Guest
I agree regarding chantilly lace! ☺️I would really want a gown with chantilly lace, or bolero kaso super mahal. Napaka feminine tingnan and looks oh so romantic 😊

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
sparklingjewel: Hehe yeah we're not super close but I know Debbie and met her before she became a designer. I've had several dresses made by her and the fit is always very good. Weird ba? I also wanted to inquire with Michael Leyva bec I know him too and friend of SIL but then dyahe talaga ako to inquire with people I know. Nahihiya ako to haggle, and also nahihiya ako not to hire them after inquiring.

Haha our circles are really linked na. My jeweler (the one i referred to you privately) also told me to check out Michael Leyva. Inquired with him but its going to be overbudget for my prenup kasi if 25k each so i didn't proceed. Nahiya din ako to haggle. Pero i like his work.

bzbee

  • Guest
im glad to share that ive finally booked Mel Orlina for my bridal gown! grabe this was the most exhausting task in our wedding planning. i started with 30k budget and i found some really good designers but i just wasn't happy. gradually, my budget increased until i realized i can already afford Mel who i really wanted from the start. but i think its also good that i went through the other designers because they helped me find out what i want and dont want for my gown. now i can finally have peace of mind and move on with the wedding planning :D

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^Yay congrats bzbee on finally booking your dream designer =) We did the same thing, i went through like 7 or 8 designers yata for more than 2 months before booking my designer. :) I wouldn't feel right doing it any other way. At least may peace of mind ka na :)

bzbee

  • Guest
^ thanks sis sparklingjewel! worth it lahat ng efforts, right? so glad that part is finally over. lol

jentotmd

  • Guest
agree on the fench lace. mahal talaga siya. :)

philpotts

  • Guest
Hello mga sis! Originally booked Mel Orlina last year pa to do my wedding gown for Jan 2016. I did not realize this would happen to me, pero I had a change of mind about my gown design. I initially wanted sheer and lace and beading and an A-line cut. Now I really don't want the intricate designs, I just want a very structured gown with minimal beading (but with 3D designs on the train, no lace and tulle).

I inquired with Paolo Blanco (doing my entourage's gowns) and he quoted me 20k for my peg (to use the matte side of Duchesse Satin for the fabric). Mara Chua also quoted me 20k (to use Neoprene + a bit of Chiffon or Heavy Satin). Vania Romoff however quoted me 88k for my peg. Might go back to Mel to tell her I've had a change of mind sa gown design pero medyo nahihiya ako! Elaborate kasi yung gown design na na-sketch niya sa kin nun that's why she quoted me a certain amount. Can you suggest designers who may be able to work with the design I have in mind mga sis?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:43:47 am by philpotts »

juwie

  • Guest
Hi philpotts, as far as I know, upon your measurement taking with Mel, may final sketching pa kayo para sure na yun talaga ang gagawin nya for you. But best to set an appointment again with her to clarify this (if you are really decided na on that design) :)

philpotts

  • Guest
Hi sis juwie (sent you a pm in reply to the one you sent me)! I think I'll drop by again kung open si Mel ng May 1, baka kasi malaki ang price difference dahil magkaibang magkaiba yung gown. And looking at her work on FB, she really works well with intricate designs.

bzbee

  • Guest
^ sis our wedding is also on January 2016 and Mel told me she doesn't have to take my measurements until August, ayaw daw niya kasi ng masyado maaga kasi naka-stock lang yung gown ng matagal. she made a sketch for me (which i love!) but she also said i should take this time to think about what i really want, meaning pwede pa talaga mag change ng mind sa design ng gown. perhaps you can talk to her and discuss the changes that you want and maybe she can help you decide.

khalee

  • Guest
Hi sis @philpotts can I see po the dress which Paolo Blanco and Mara Chua quoted you 20k? Hindi pako masyado nag iinquire sa mga designers kasi on a budget lang ako sa gown, yung peg ko simple lang and minimal beading lang ang required. Baka sakaling ma quote din nila ko ng mga 20k lang. hehe Just wanted to get an idea kung anong mga klaseng gown yung kinoquote nila ng mga ganung range. TIA sis!


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close