Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 15 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 84236 times)

f878

  • Guest
hi mga sis! :)

page 30 na yung last thread so let's start a new one before ma-lock. :D

previous home: http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,284451.0.html

measurement taking na ako with roxy bagano next month. :D kaka-excite!
dahil jan..
diet setting: hardcore mode na!
haha!

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Hi mga sis!! :) how soon before you set an appointment with the gown couturier? My wedding is on Nov 2016 pa but Im based overseas kaya I really need to plan my appointments everytime I visit the PH.

So far Im eyeing for Mel Orlina or Von Lazaro. I really liked their designs posted in facebook!! :) kaya excited ako to set an appointment with them and try some of their gowns. Aside sa maganda designs nila, magaling din ba sila sa fitting? Like enhancing the curves? Hehe :) im petite kasi

edna_mode

  • Guest
OT haha pero everytime i watch "Say yes to the dress" it makes me want to try on my gown teehee! But i gotta say.. mas impressed ako sa mga wedding dress natin dito sa pinas with all the intricate beading and details  :-*

bugem25

  • Guest
thanks sis dcpdane and yannuh.. ang ganda kasi talaga ng gawa ni Von eh..

May friend ako na kinasal na Rich Fontanilla gown nia.. ang ganda din.. di ko lang natry maginquire.. may idea kayo sa range ng gowns nia?

For me kasi max siguro 40k for gown..  1day ko lang din kasi isusuot eh.. so nanghihinayang ako sa mamahalin na gown..

f878

  • Guest
OT haha pero everytime i watch "Say yes to the dress" it makes me want to try on my gown teehee! But i gotta say.. mas impressed ako sa mga wedding dress natin dito sa pinas with all the intricate beading and details  :-*

lage ko rin 'to pinapanood sis! :D
in fairness talaga dito sa'tin pwede ka ng makakuha ng customized gown for 20k pero sa kanila ang typical price range is $1000+. though mejo naiinggit din ako dun sa fitting experience nila kase they get to try a lot of gowns! gusto ko rin ma-feel yung nag-iikot sa store na kasinglaki ng kleinfeld's. :)

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
hi sis, nasa 40 up si mara chua. medyo di ko lang bet kasi sa facebook dami nyang angst against customers na tumatawad for a laced gown etc. sarcastic madalas, parang ang bobo ng labas ng customers nya haha. parang nakakaturn off... try mo sya i-add sa fb tapos tignan mo wall nya. haha. parang ako, "sorry naman ha?" hahaha! hindi naman kasi lahat ng girls maalam sa mga presyo, kaya nga nagtatanong at nagttry tumawad diba haha. pero if dedma ka naman sa ganung ugali (ugali ba tawag dun?), keriboom. okay naman designs nya.

Hahaha! Napansin ko rin yun sis! Dami niang rants sa Fb. Kaloka. Actually dresses for prenup lang ang papatahi ko. Reasonable naman quotes na binigay niya sa akin. Nabasa ko nga yung post niya about the lace gown haha. Pero just found Julianne Syjuco! She gave me a good quote din and she is really nice, seems really professional. I liked her gown Heart wore during her Bridal Shower. So I might just get her! Thank you though!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Sis Chili1113 I've tried on the gowns in Rosa Clara in Greenbelt. Medyo cheap nga yung feel nung materials, sorta matigas and itchy too, which I don't like. And for me expensive ang 100+k ha for that. 110k, 115k and 120k yung mga gowns i picked out to try on. Decided on a custom-made gown after.

sevenstars

  • Guest
sparklingjewel, that was my experience with some of the Rosa Clara and Pronovias dresses too -- the lace on some dresses made me itch. :(

Chili, you're welcome -- I'm glad someone else can benefit from my extensive RTW shopping research hehe. Enjoy Treat, the store in Kyoto was lovely and the Osaka one looks amazing. :) I love Reem Acra too; I tried on one of her flowy goddess gowns but unfortunately I couldn't pull it off. Hehe.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^sevenstars Hehe i thought ganun lang talaga ang wedding dresses.. but now i know hindi naman. :)

Sisses can you recommend anyone who does good quality entourage gowns for 4-6k with a shop in Ortigas / San Juan or Makati? Central location is crucial to me because I don't want to hassle my entourage when they get measured and fit their gowns. Thanks!

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Will be going home in a few weeks, I have an appointment with Mel Orlina, and some other designers who are not that popular here in GT.  And next week, my friend and I will be going to David's bridal to fit some RTW gowns.  That way we will know what will really work for us :) . I am just excited.  Before I have to take down notes here, and by next week, I will be able to live and tell the experience of gown fitting yada, yada, yada :)  ;) ;) ;)

bzbee

  • Guest
sissies, is it okay for a designer not to draw well? i went to this designer's boutique last week and major turn-off talaga when she did my sketch kasi parang drawing ng bata. natawa pa siya sa sarili niya kasi aminado naman daw siyang d siya marunong magdrawing, she just noted some details sa sketch and said "basta alam ko na gagawin ko dyan". sorry if it sounds rude or mababaw, first time ko kasi to have my sketch done and i didn't really know what to expect. are there couturiers na hindi talaga marunong mag drawing pero maganda naman output? sayang kasi ang mura ng quote niya saken kaya napapaisip ako.

caleeice

  • Guest
^Personally, I'm okay if the designer does not sketch well. The more important aspect to take into consideration is the execution of the gown envisioned. Check out the gowns that she has made. You can also ask for some feedback here in GT. :)

bzbee

  • Guest
^ sis i was able to fit her RTW gowns and some looked okay naman, but i can't compare kasi with the kind of gown that i want. she has a lot of recommendations here on GT and w@w but she's fairly new to the business which makes me think twice about her more. sabi niya she has done a lot of weddings na daw since they opened last October lang, i haven't seen any photos of her bride though.

caleeice

  • Guest
Some have taken the risk on upcoming and promising suppliers. As they say, all the goods ones started somewhere. They were all new at some point in time. Although personally, I'm afraid to gamble on new ones, especially for major suppliers. If you're having second thoughts, maybe it would be good if you still continue to look around. Sometimes it's also good to trust our instincts.

Reynamargallo

  • Guest
May nakita ako ng designer sa fb. gaganda ng gawa niya PERO ang nega niya sa fb. He  talks about other designers, yung away niya ng jowa niya, mga "bobo" inquiries from other brides. Sayang. Bet ko pa naman pero na-off ako sa posts niya. Baka pag di kami ma-type-an e biglang i-broadcast nalang kami sa fb. Sayang talaga. ganda ng designs tapos mura pa quote sa akin. Tsk! 

Napapaisip tuloy ako if i should take the risk maki-deal sa kanya o wag nalang at all.

Girls, help naman please. Or PM me. I need a really affordable designer na gagawa ng gown ko in pasay or Makati.  help please PM.

Salamat sisses .

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Hi reese17, just wanna share that I visited both Coca Couture and Julianne Syjuco over the weekend. And i still don't have a prenup dress designer :( The first was overbudget (59k for 3 dresses my god) and as for Julianne, the quote was cheaper but im just not as ease with her. She would ask me what I want but when I say it, she'll gently persuade me to do otherwise. Even after I say im not comfortable with it.... I really don't get it. When i didn't agree kasi, she just stops and stays quiet and kinda "waits" for me to agree with her and just say yes to the design (which i dont like nga). Kumbaga kung wala akong ma-counter propose, aantayin lang nya umo-o ako. Which in the end i did because im not a designer and i couldn't think of a better design on the spot. But i just said yes to lift the awkwardness and end the meeting sooner, i knew i wouldn't be booking her. The clincher was when i asked for the price of the 3 dresses. Sabi nya she gave me a huge discount, stated the price and asked if we could start na. Nagkatinginan kami ni fiance kasi we wanted to think about it first, obviously, she wasnt the only designer i wanted to see. Plus, ayoko yung namimilit. I had to decline and say na pag-iisipan namin muna. But ugh, such an awkward meeting! *cringe*

I need more options :( Simple lang naman pegs ko, i need an affordable designer who LISTENS and doesn't force clients to say yes to designs theyre not comfy with! Plus factor din if ma-chika and has a lot of ideas and not just one per design...Any other recos? :)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:00:59 pm by sparklingjewel »

juwie

  • Guest
^ try Haydee Garcia.

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Hi reese17, just wanna share that I visited both Coca Couture and Julianne Syjuco over the weekend. And i still don't have a prenup dress designer :( The first was overbudget (59k for 3 dresses my god) and as for Julianne, the quote was cheaper but im just not as ease with her. She would ask me what I want but when I say it, she'll gently persuade me to do otherwise. Even after I say im not comfortable with it.... I really don't get it. When i didn't agree kasi, she just stops and stays quiet and kinda "waits" for me to agree with her and just say yes to the design (which i dont like nga). Kumbaga kung wala akong ma-counter propose, aantayin lang nya umo-o ako. Which in the end i did because im not a designer and i couldn't think of a better design on the spot. But i just said yes to lift the awkwardness and end the meeting sooner, i knew i wouldn't be booking her. The clincher was when i asked for the price of the 3 dresses. Sabi nya she gave me a huge discount, stated the price and asked if we could start na. Nagkatinginan kami ni fiance kasi we wanted to think about it first, obviously, she wasnt the only designer i wanted to see. Plus, ayoko yung namimilit. I had to decline and say na pag-iisipan namin muna. But ugh, such an awkward meeting! *cringe*

Thanks for sharing this sis!

reese17

  • Guest
Hi sparklingjewel -- yikes sorry to hear about your experience with Julianne. Our meeting didn't push through anymore but I would totally feel the same way if I was put on the spot like that! :-\

Have you considered buying off-the-rack nalang for your prenup dresses? I like the long dresses from River Island, Ever New and Tango. Or are you going for a certain look? Elizabeth Hallie Vy was recommended to me but her starting is 8,500/gown. I'll PM you some gowns she did for my friend which I kinda liked.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^Actually reese17, I'm already planning to 'shop' for RTW this weekend too. Apart from continuing to look for a designer i actually want to do business with. Baka pwedeng 1 RTW and 2 MTO.

I actually wish I hadn't met her nalang nga! I'm about to send her a message today that I won't be pursuing my prenup dresses with her. Sayang si Andrea, for me i like her as a person more, it was easier to give inputs kaso mahal lang talaga. Will check out everyone else you recommended! Thanks so much :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close