Author Topic: Wedding Shoes  (Read 80798 times)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2015, 09:33:39 am »
tubby, which sm branch did you go to?

raspberi

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2015, 02:14:58 pm »
Hello mga Sis, I'd just like to share my bridal shoes. While browsing Zalora kasi for entourage brooches, nakita ko yung ad nung shoes at sobrang gandang ganda ako kahit simple lang tignan yung design.
Parang nagka-"meant-to-be" moment kami kasi last 2 pairs na for size 37 ang meron kaya ayan, imbes na brooches e shoes ang nabili ko.
Downside is for a girl who's always on her chucks and ballet flats, ang taas ng heels neto. Sabi naman sakin, may 4 months pa naman daw ako para pag-practice-an ang sapatos, haha
http://zalora-media-live-ph.s3.amazonaws.com/product/51/6983/1.jpg

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2015, 08:47:12 pm »
Hey Tubby, love the d'orsay BMs! My vote goes to the indigo one. It's such a flattering style pa :) I was really debating on getting Badgley din (as in mga 4x ata ako nag-try ng same pair over the past 4 months) however I noticed that it wasn't as steady as I'd like. Feeling ko matatapilok ako.

That being said, BM is still good brand and it will look pretty in the photos. I think 4-5k is a very good deal. :)

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #223 on: December 09, 2015, 12:04:52 am »
Hi Tubby. I also vote for the indigo Badgley Mischkas. I tried on a similar style but it didn't work for me. The shoes just kept coming off because my feet are narrow. Anyway they're pretty comfortable too. But the BMs with platform not so much. Good luck!

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #224 on: December 09, 2015, 01:51:17 am »
Hi, Sisters -

Sis Rowan - Went to SM Makati branch. :)

Thanks, Sis Reese/Sis Lourd3ss! I really love it as well. Still thinking about it until NOW. Indigo is just an off color for my theme but who cares. Haha. I am having pastels and medyo far cry yung Indigo sa Lilac.

InquisitorLavellan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2015, 05:18:52 pm »
I didn't initially plan to over think my shoes but then I thought about wearing cheap but uncomfortable shoes from 6am to 5pm...  Parang kailangan pala isipin!

Been to 2 Rustans branches and SM Makati  dep store and noticed how rare blue shoes are!  :( The only pair I really  liked was closed shoes,  Staccato, in CMG but I'm leaning towards open toe strappy shoes.  I'm not a heels type of girl either haha!
Any leads on blue shoes?   

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #226 on: December 09, 2015, 05:26:24 pm »
^ Try Adora and Stella Luna?

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2015, 09:32:35 pm »
InquisitorLavellan Recommending the shoes I bought but in different color. They're gorgeous and the heel height is not bad. :)
 http://www.badgleymischka.com/Elope/

InquisitorLavellan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #228 on: December 09, 2015, 10:14:01 pm »
sis reese, will do! I wasn't able to go to Greenbelt but seems like it's my best bet

sis lourd3ss, those are soo beautifull!! Ang sarap may online window shopping hahaha! Thank you girls! :)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2015, 09:17:16 am »
If you have a chance or have any out of the country trips planned before your wedding, try to visit outlet stores for Kate Spade shoes. They're more comfortable than Badgley for me. :)

charmed30

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #230 on: December 11, 2015, 10:23:00 am »
I have a 4inch high heels from Anna Nucci that is a gift from my hubby. Wore it during my first bridal gown fitting and OMG. After a few minutes, ang sakit ng paa ko!!!!! Dont know what to do, di talaga ako sanay mag heels. I cant just ditch the shoes since maoffend si hubby. Planning to wear it lang sa church then change na lang ako before reception. Any recommendations for reception shoes? Yung comfy sana, like platform shoes pero 4inches din?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #231 on: December 11, 2015, 11:32:36 am »
^Sis my reception shoes are Nina New York---- you can get them in Rustan's or SM. They cost around 5k. The ones I bought are only 2.5 inches high for the reception, and super comfy and stable. They have a bridal shoe collection.

mimai1122

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #232 on: December 11, 2015, 12:16:56 pm »
I'm also not comfortable wearing high heeled shoes. After a few hours, super sakit na sa paa and I want to take off my shoes na. But, there are styles and designs that I like kasi di ko nafi-feel yung sakit sa paa kahit ilang oras na akong nakatayo or naglalakad. I think it's a personal thing, eh. So, siguro, take time lang to try on as many pairs as you can para ma-determine mo kung ano yung comfy para sa 'yo.

I also have a rule na hanggang 3 inches lang nga shoes ang isusuot ko; otherwise, di na ako makakagalaw ng maayos. hehe.

Anyway, regarding doon sa dilemma na bigay ni H2B yung high heeled shoes, I agree. Wear them nalang sa wedding/Church ceremonies, and then go for a more comfortable one para sa reception. Explain mo nalang kay H2B na gusto mo mas comfy ka sa reception para makapag-halubilo with the guests.

Good luck, sis!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2015, 04:03:59 pm »
charmed30: I dont think magtatampo your fiance if you only use your shoes for the ceremony. Actually the most important is the picture taking before the ceremony where they will photograph your shoes, and you putting them on. Otherwise the rest of the time, no one will see your shoes. Anyway you can wear you nice shoes na gift nya again after for other parties where you dont have to be on your feet the whole day.


I also have 2 pairs of shoes. My more expensive 4.5" will be for the pictorial, then my 2.5" shoes will be for the rest of the day. My gown designer told me it is best to adjust the length of my gown to the shoes I will wear most of the time. So I decided even in the ceremony Ill just wear my comfy shoes so that the fit and length of the gown will be perfect- plus I dont want to be taller than H2B hehe
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:59:42 pm by Chili1113 »

mom.writes

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2015, 05:46:49 pm »
Downside is for a girl who's always on her chucks and ballet flats, ang taas ng heels neto. Sabi naman sakin, may 4 months pa naman daw ako para pag-practice-an ang sapatos, haha
http://zalora-media-live-ph.s3.amazonaws.com/product/51/6983/1.jpg

The age-old debate: the stunning yet uncomfortable pair of high-heeled shoes or the comfy ones! Till now, I still can't decide which side I'm truly on hehe. Without a doubt, those shoes are very dainty and pretty but having to walk in high heels for a whole day can be very tricky! Even with practice, I think it's still going to be very tiring to wear the whole day. The other option is to wear it only during the church ceremony, but then your gown would have to adjust pa with two different lengths.

Or maybe you can buy those nifty accessories that help make wearing high heels more comfortable, yung mga silicone gel inserts :P

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #235 on: December 12, 2015, 07:57:31 am »
Hi, Sis Chili -

That's also my plan. Have one shoe for the pictorial and ceremony another shoe. My reason is different. Found a 4 incher that is comfy but not so nice. Then the Mischka for the photos na not too high. :D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #236 on: December 12, 2015, 11:12:49 am »
^I find Mishkas really pretty and very bridal! And true sis, some tall heels are more comfy than lower heeled shoes- esp the platform or wedge type. =) Actually my tall bridal shoes are just as comfy and my low shoes since it has sort of a platform. Thing is I'll be much taller than H2B if I wear them hehe. I just bought them mostly for pictorial and because I couldn't resist the price of the shoe haha

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #237 on: December 12, 2015, 11:34:49 am »
Agree with you chili1113. I was hesitant to buy white shoes because I want to be able to use the shoes even after the wedding. Buti na lang Badgley Mischka has an assortment of styles and colors. I bought both my ceremony and reception shoes in metallic colors para I can use them pa after the wedding.  I also suggest putting insoles or arch support pads in your high heels (after your photographer has finished taking prep pictures) to make it more comfortable.  :)

charmed30

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2015, 05:08:33 pm »
I've been wanting to buy a mischka ever since we started our preps. But then si hubby inunahan ako sa shoes, he got me an Anna Nucci na 4in. Sayang talaga the mischka that i want, ready to buy na ko that time. Now, i cant buy na ng high heels so ang plan ko is to buy na lang ng reception shoes. What do u think of platforms similar to this? Mukhang nas comfy than stilletos or pumps.
http://www.zalora.sg/Strips-Platform-Chunky-Heels-239927.html

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #239 on: December 15, 2015, 07:27:28 am »
charmed30, I also considered Melissa before but that kind of style doesn't have padding so baka masakit pa rin. Go for a brand with some cushion or support on the arch of your foot :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close