Author Topic: Wedding Shoes  (Read 80616 times)

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 01:19:01 pm »
this is also my problem, i want the comfy level of my ecco shoes ( i have 2 pairs that I alternate for work) but I want something that looks dressy!

Chili1113: I hear that italian shoe makers make comfy heels. their quality is better compared to the ones from spain.

I also want to know the price of the badgleys in manila but more than that, i want jimmy choos. thats the only branded pair of shoes that I can't justify spending xxx amount for.


sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 01:23:24 pm »
Chili, not sure about the Jimmy Choo prices in Manila -- I bought mine overseas. But if the pricing in Manila is the same I think their formal shoes would be in the P25k and up range depending on the style? If you're going to Spain, buy there nalang! Not sure about shoes but designer bags always seem to be cheaper in Europe, so I'm guessing shoes would be similar? Plus the selection should be way better.

For Spanish designers, have a look at Pura Lopez and Pedro Garcia, and if you're interested in mid-range shoes check out Lodi -- good quality and they have a pretty big selection of evening shoes :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:26:21 pm by sevenstars »

cheezums

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 04:19:32 pm »
I'll be in stilettos (Dexflex Comfort - so comfy and affordable) sa church, then will change into really comfy wedges that are not too high (glittery and with stones para dressy pa rin) sa party. That way I won't die.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 04:23:03 pm by cheezums »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 04:33:58 pm »
Thank you sevenstars!! I took note of your recommendations so I wont forget! =) LOL I am so kuripot with shoes if I find nice ones that a cheaper I would definitely go for those Spanish brands you recommended.

papemelroti:  I wish I was going to Italy and go to my favorite outlets and buy heavily discounted Italian shoes! Alas, I am not hehe But I am still hoping to come across some sales there. But I don't even know if I will have time to really shop!

jaggedlilpill5

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 05:20:48 pm »
I got mine from Zara. It was a wedge because I couldn't walk w/ a stiletto.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 06:14:10 pm »
^sevenstars, Lucky you, free Jimmy Choos! Hahaha! I am not a designer label person so I cannot justify having to buy a pair that I'll only use once. I'm also pretty stingy sa shoes eh since I do not wear heels often (such a lazy person!) But I do want to make sure I get a preps-worthy pair naman, not just something comfortable but a bit more special than the usual. :)

Oh no, my fiance heard about my dilemma on shoes and volunteered to buy me what i wanted!! :)) I don't want him to constantly buy me stuff so i try not to give in to offers like this, but i am sorely tempted! We're checking them out next weekend.

^Chili1113 i think Badgley would be around 12-15k in Manila. But i'll let you know when I've actually checked. :)

shrek250190

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 06:41:49 pm »
Hi mga sis.  We checked (around april or may ata un) yung jimmy choo sa may rustan's makati.  ang range ng mga nakita namin nun is around 26k up. :-)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2015, 08:11:32 pm »
sevenstars: May I ask how much the Jimmy Choos are in Rustans? Thanks

How much are the Badgley ones in SM? For real SM has them? Thanks!!

I am going to Portugal and Spain in September. Cheaper kaya to buy there? Would anyone know also if there are any Spanish brands that are OK? I have no idea kasi.

Thank goodness for this thread! I am clueless when it comes to shoes. NOT a designer shoe person at all!

Hi sis :) The last time that I was in London the Jimmy Choo's were about £300 and above. In pesos it's nearly 30K. But that maybe because it's in London, so high taxes.  It may be cheaper in Spain.  Plus you get to go shopping and sightseeing :)  :)  :) 

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2015, 11:12:34 pm »
Thanks Bonzaigirl!! I think Ill just go for Badgley if it will be half the price of Choos! Hehe I dont even plan to wear my heels all night and plan to change to 1-2 inch pumps after the ceremony. Sayang. I really am not a shoe person as I would rather spend it on bags =) =)

On the other hand, I can see why some brides spend on shoes. It is the one time I can spoil myself with really nice shoes. Besides, unlike a bridal gown, you can always keep wearing your bridal shoes!!

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2015, 02:37:00 am »
Thanks Bonzaigirl!! I think Ill just go for Badgley if it will be half the price of Choos! Hehe I dont even plan to wear my heels all night and plan to change to 1-2 inch pumps after the ceremony. Sayang. I really am not a shoe person as I would rather spend it on bags =) =)

On the other hand, I can see why some brides spend on shoes. It is the one time I can spoil myself with really nice shoes. Besides, unlike a bridal gown, you can always keep wearing your bridal shoes!!

I don't know of any woman who doesn't love shoes and bags :) .  I would have loved to wear sexy stillettos , as I like the added height it gives me, but my preps/reception place has got uneven terrain. Thus I just opted to be practical and just bought   chunky heeled shoes online. ;)  I wasn't able to find any suitable wedges.  6 or 7 years ago Celine made some very nice wedges, I still wear them upto this day but now :( :(  can't find any.  Anyways, I just bought mine in ebay. Thought it would be crappy but it's actually okay. 😄😄 So I had some savings from shoes. I guess I can put the savings allocated  into flowers. 😂😂😂

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2015, 03:56:47 pm »
Hi Ladies...

You could check IG:        iluxe2013
Legit since I buy mostly of my stuff there :)
And price is close to their original. Maybe they're getting lang the commission through tax free refund.

Hope this help :) happy shoe hunting!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2015, 08:19:03 pm »
I went to SM Makati today to check out their Badgley Mischka selection. Lots of styles available but sizes are limited and some of the shoes they're carrying are part of the 2013 collection pa. The heels are super comfy and prices range from 9-12k. They offer a 10% discount on regular items as part of the midyear sale. Meron din 30% but hindi na pang bridal; more of evening shoes. :)

Went to Adora also -- the Stella Lunas are on sale but nothing that's bagay with a wedding gown. Hehe.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:30:36 pm by reese17 »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2015, 09:00:08 pm »
Thanks for the info reese17! The price of Badgley Mishcka is OK na. Theyre about 145 USD  plus tax =) I think I might go for these shoes. Were there any 1-2 inch pumps? Thanks!

ig0rota

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2015, 09:08:09 pm »
wow, for a girl who is not into shoes and bags, im at awe at the prices. ahaha. I thought the shoes will just be any high heels I can buy from Charles and Keith na less than 3k.  :o :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2015, 09:52:27 pm »
reese, did you find your wedding shoes? :) Glad to hear the Badgleys are comfy!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2015, 09:59:33 pm »
Chili, no 1" heels but there were 2-2.5" :)

igor0ta, haha I actually looked at Charles & Keith but for some reason parang zero to limited yung evening shoes nila ngayon. Shame kasi I love their shoes! Comfy din :)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2015, 10:35:33 pm »
sevenstars, I was eyeing the Dixi Platino in gold or the Divine peep-toe in navy/violet glitter but wanted to sleep on it first. Both pairs are lovely and easy to walk in! My mom feels I should go with a silver pair since my jewelry is in white gold but yellow gold complements my skin tone more (plus no one's going to notice the shoes under the gown...lol)

kisses1417

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 10:39:25 pm »
@Chilli1113: i went also to sm makati a few months back to check Badgley 😃 gusto ko kasi peep toe and 2 inches lang. Tapos may mga maroon and blue shoes pa ako nakikita na maganda ☺️ But i fell in love with the bridal pumps pero 4 inches. Waaahh its around 10,000. Yung nga 2 inches napumps parang wala ako nakita. The saleslady naman na nandun very accomodating kaya sukat sukat, lakad lakad ako hehe.

Fortunately,friend volunteered to buy my bridal shoes in dubai. Walang badgley so she ended up buying me a Kate Spade glittery shoes which i fell in love instantly. Took my breath lang ang peg. Im not much into buying designer shoes kasi, pinakamahal ko na siguro, aldo tapos nike rubber shoes pero for my wedding, parang gusto ko something different. And i wanted something na magagamit ko for another event kaya pumps kinuha ko na pointy ☺️

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 11:07:09 pm »
Thanks kisses1417: Siguro Ill look for cheaper pumps nalang hehe then one pair for picture taking and ceremony. Oh no! I cant wear 3-4 inch heels =( Ill be taller than my fiance!!! tee hee

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2015, 11:32:09 pm »
reese, both of your contenders are so pretty! I don't think everything needs to match either :) My earrings have a white gold setting but I'm wearing a rose gold necklace/headpiece and my shoes are champagne. And yeah, no one will see the shoes -- a friend of mine got married recently and wore super fun hot pink shoes, and they're only visible in the photos where she's actually lifted the skirt to show them off :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close