Author Topic: Bride does not have any friends  (Read 8329 times)

hazelbrown_eyes27

  • Guest
Bride does not have any friends
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:59:37 am »
I attended a wedding last febuary 1st. And I noticed that  the wedding coordinator announced the usual " friends of the groom, relatives of the groom, relatives of the bride, parents of the groom, parents of the bride" but never heard the " friends of the bride, please come infront to join the newly weds" and I thought, I was the only person who noticed it. Come reception.. Same thing happened. I was part of the groom's friends. And I never heard of the events coordinator call the " friends of the bride" and while I was at the table.. Some people from the other tables are whispering " I have not heard the events organizer call the bride's friends since when we were at the church" weird! Usually, its the bride's closest pals who takes care of the bride's needs or are with her during preparation and until the wedding. This is the only wedding I attended where the bride does not have any friends.  The AVP rolled for the sqme day editing. And all we saw are the groom's friends from gradeschool and, highschool, college and a colleague who is also a friend. But we didnt see the part of the bride with her set of friends. Just her sisters.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:11:24 am »
na-sad ako sis. Baka based sa abroad si bride tapos walang nakauwing friends nya? Sad talaga :(

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:21:27 am »
Oh no. Lahat halos din ng close friends ko nasa abroad hahahaha! Baka wala din aakyat for me lol!! :D

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:25:28 am »
TS di mo natanong kay groom why is that? hmm.

f878

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 12:23:11 pm »
i can relate.
not sure kung anong case nung sa napuntahan mo sis but for me i don't have any "girlfriends" or barkada and i only have 1 guy bestfriend.
though most of the guests from my side will be family friends from church so wala ng babanggitin na friends of the bride. "church friends" na lang.

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 12:40:04 pm »
^sis you mean di rin nyo naging friends yung ex-gf/wife nya? haha! may mga tao yata talagang, lets say, "may attitude"? hahahaha!

120515

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 12:40:28 pm »
that's a little sad. maybe the coordinator/host could have done better with the pictorials so that the fact would not be highlighted. instead of calling for friends of the groom and bride separately, she could have just said friends of both the bride and groom. then nobody would have noticed it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:49:31 pm by 120515 »

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 12:51:22 pm »
^true. though may kilala akong girl na walang friends talaga (as far as we know) and she acts really weird despite that we're trying to befriend her.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 12:55:20 pm »
^try to ask her to join GT, ifriend natin:) Nasa-sad talaga ako for here:(

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 01:04:11 pm »
hahaha rude nga! nakuha pa magfacebook eh wala namang friends? lols. ang harsh ko. naalala ko kasi yung girl na I'm referring na walang friend eh. hahahaha :D

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 01:22:38 pm »
Sorry but I think it's quite unfair for that person na mapag usapan sya dito, let alone open a completely new topic about her on the Engagements and Weddings section. it is not helping anyone and nagiging laman lang sya ng chismisan dito. we don't know the person and all we can do is speculate, and it will not get us anywhere :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:24:53 pm by juwie »

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 01:35:02 pm »
Sis Juwie: I agree :)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 01:50:12 pm »
What a thread
Just because a person is not like everybody else, it doesn't mean her life is sad or bad.
There are different types of people in this world. Kung wala naman sila ginagawang masama sa iyo o sa kapwa mo, why make a fuss out of it?
This chismisan section is the exact reason why most people conform to the norm instead of being true to themselves.

My dear brides to be, your time, effort, and emotion is best spent on your fiancĂ© and your wedding preps ☺

hazelbrown_eyes27

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 01:50:41 pm »
Iam sorry if some people find this thread offensive. Kindly please delete this Moderators:) I tried to remove the thread, but I am not allowed to delete my own topic. Again, I apologize.:)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:59:14 pm by hazelbrown_eyes27 »

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 02:01:24 pm »
I think it's a valid post topic, if only because other brides here might be in the same situation na konti lang ang friends, or wala talaga, dahil nasa abroad lahat or for whatever reason. The inputs can help them avoid this situation in their own weddings. And we don't even know this person. Wala namang name na binigay diba?

I attended a wedding na the groom naman ang konti lang ang friends. As in konting konti lang. I know this because I was abay. So the bride limited her friends nalang din para mejo mas balanced.

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 02:45:32 pm »
^sa guestlist namin sis mas madami din ang friends ko for the reason na extreme introvert kasi si h2b so konti friends and yun mga friends niya since bata pa eh asa province lahat. Ill ask my emcee na couple friends na lang gawin na category para di ma-highlight yun.

fantabulous

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 06:35:46 pm »
that's a little sad. maybe the coordinator/host could have done better with the pictorials so that the fact would not be highlighted. instead of calling for friends of the groom and bride separately, she could have just said friends of both the bride and groom. then nobody would have noticed it.

Totally agree with you! Why would anyone want to highlight it (ulitin pa talaga?!). Baka hindi pa masyadong experienced yung host/coordinator? There should be nothing wrong with a bide or groom for that matter to just share the day with family.

sum.mer

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 07:58:50 pm »
I think valid naman may thread na ganito especially nga as our other sis mentioned, para sa ibang brides in a similar situation. I just find it sad and really off na yung ibang replies as if masaya pa that some brides/women have no friends. I don't know.. It says more about those people who posted negative remarks than yung person na tinutukoy nila na supposedly walang friend.

On the topic, agree dapat yung host tinawag nalang "friends of the bride and groom".

120515

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 08:34:23 pm »
for my wedding, i'm taking out the friends from the church pictorials. we'll only have the entourage, principal sponsors, and then immediate families. this is because most of my husband's friends and family won't be able to join our philippine wedding. then at the reception, we'll have pictures with every table.

i agree that we can make this thread a more positive one by suggesting how this problem can be addressed :-)

arch.mary

  • Guest
Re: Bride does not have any friends
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 09:59:19 pm »
I think this is a very valid topic, and helpful at that since some brides who are in a similar situation (or even grooms) can remind their coordinator to remove the part where they call the friends separately. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close