Author Topic: Blue Leaf Mckinley  (Read 25576 times)

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2016, 06:41:55 pm »
Hi, just want to ask kung yung malabo nilang projector ng Blue Leaf is yung 3000 lumens pa? I asked my AE and nagupgrade na sila to 5000 lumens. Although I'm eyeing as well for the led wall so I'm torn kung saan ako magsesettle.  :-\

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2016, 10:07:57 pm »
^Im also interested in this issue. As much as possible I dont want to rent another projector:(

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2016, 03:46:58 pm »
I asked my dad about this because he knows a thing or two about electronics. He just bought a 3000 lumens projector for our home theater last month so I trust his judgment. He said that a 5000 lumens projector is "ok na" for data and presentation.

I also don't want to spend any more on a projector. We availed a package from Blue Leaf but so far we've opt out of the free Ascott overnight stay, Hearts and Bells wedding cake, and full ceiling drapes and got the suppliers I wanted instead lol. Now I'm thinking tuloy na we shouldn't have gotten the package. Oh well.

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2016, 04:24:50 pm »
Same here sis, i opted out for Ascott, pero the cake, lights and sounds, drapes kinuha ko para minus intindihin  ;D

Thanks sis sa info about the projector. Bakit sis iniisip mo na sana dimo na lang kinuha yung package kung halos lahat naman in-opt out mo? :)

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2016, 08:43:12 pm »
^maedonas kasi baka mas tipid if I just booked the pavilion on its own and booked the caterer, lights & sounds, and stylist separately. Trying not to think about it na lang haha

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2016, 12:57:43 am »
^lourd3ss sis naisip ko din yan at nung nagcompute ako mas mura nga kung venue na lang tas separate mga suppliers, parang may patong si TBL ng onti  :) Pero too late na to back out dahil naka half DP na din ako. :D

ketchup22

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2016, 08:32:07 pm »
Hello sis, newbie here.. Nagtataka lang ako parang wala masyado kumuha sa hizons catering? Kamusta kaya siya? Kasi we are eyeing Hizons to cater for us in blue leaf pero humingi ako ng upgrade ng menu to steak and prawn. We are having our first food tasting in their office this Friday. Any feedback sa hizons as caterer?

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2016, 08:42:35 pm »
Ketchup22, you can backread about Hizon's here by using the Search bar. Unfortunately, it seems they are not as good as they used to be.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2016, 11:50:23 am »
@ketchup22: I recently attended a wedding where Hizon's was the caterer (buffet set-up). I actually thought the food tasted okay, but every dish was cold! Our table was one of the first to line up for food, so it's odd that the food was already cold. And 3 of my friends had lbm the next day... Of course there is no way to prove that this is because of the Hizon's food,  but well, it's something to consider.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2016, 03:14:01 pm »
Just an update on the Blue Leaf projector:

I asked our photo and video suppliers and both said that the 5000 lumens projector of Blue Leaf is adequate for our 150 pax guests in the Jade hall. But given the specs of Jade hall(which is pahaba), if  we will have all rectangle/long tables, it might be slightly better to get a projector with higher lumens but sticking to the 5000 lumens is still fine. I was also advised to ensure that it will be properly calibrated before use and to ask for HDMI connection.

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2016, 05:19:45 pm »
^rowan thanks for updating us! We also booked the Jade pavilion so that's good to know. When is your wedding btw?

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2016, 05:28:42 pm »
Sisses  lourd3ss and rowan, since you're both getting Jade pavilion, ask ko lang kung kumuha pa ba kayo ng wall drapes?  :) I'm not really sure if wall draping could make it look more masikip or maluwang, just want to ask your opinion as well. Thanks

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2016, 08:23:56 pm »
^maedonnas I opted out of the full ceiling drapes included in Blue Leaf's package and got a stylist to do a full ceiling treatment instead. Sabi sa akin, the ceiling drapes will be continuous from drapes to the walls so the walls will be covered na din. Haven't seen the sketch yet made by the stylist and I don't know if that would make the room look smaller. Pero at this point I guess I have no choice na kasi ganun daw ang flow ng drapes.  :-\

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2016, 09:13:49 pm »
Lourd3ss,

June 10 2017:) When is yours? Pashare ng pics ng reception nyo once its over. Have no idea on how to style the place haha! Nakafocus kasi ako sa food but of course I want the place to look classy:)

Maedonnas,

Im actually considering on getting full ceiling drapes pero not sure pa kasi ang tagal pa ng wedding ko and hindi ko pa talaga naocular yung hall. Actually sobra wala ako idea on styling haha!

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2016, 10:04:56 pm »
Hey sisses, eto yung itsura ng Jade pavilion styled by Gideon, dito ko nakita yung wall drapes,  :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/zcKGAAt44F/?taken-by=the_blue_leaf

Naliitan ako sa 8x8 (projector) dito sa pix na ito, paano na yung mga nasa likod, eh pahaba ang Jade pavilion :(

https://www.instagram.com/p/kI0TdVt4yR/?taken-by=the_blue_leaf
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:10:08 pm by maedonnas »

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2016, 10:15:30 pm »
^rowan mine's on May 7, 2016. Sure I will share reviews after.
Actually I had no plans of getting a stylist. But then I saw a styling for the Banyan pavilion by Eve and Co. and I just fell in love with it. I compared it to what the pavilion looks like with just the drapes and crystals provided by Blue Leaf and found it too plain for my liking. That's why I opted out of Blue Leaf's package and got a separate stylist instead.. additional gastos tuloy dahil sa kaartehan ko haha!
Will be doing our first and last FT with KbyC next month so that would be my next focus na.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2016, 10:20:48 pm »
Maedonnas,

Actually it looks small nga! Sorry I misinterpreted what our videographer told me. I'll just paste her reply here.

" 5000 lumens is already good considering the number of guest :) I think there's no need to get a separate projector and screen. But if you wan it's okay rin naman, if ang position ng table is pahaba instead of pawide, para [textspeak!] mga nasa likod makita rin :) "

So yeah given na pahaba yung Jade, rectangle or round tables, the people at the might have a hard time  watching the videos. Baka pwede iupgrade kahit screen lang? I think its better to ask our coordinators na rin on what they have to say. Shucks I really dont want the added expense though but sayang our SDEs if ever!

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2016, 10:34:38 pm »
Nagtanong ako sa AE ko, sabi 8x8 lang ang meron sila for their projector. Otherwise ibang supplier na nga siguro if you want more than 8x8.

Makes me think of getting  LED wall instead, para di masayang bayad sa Videographer.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:36:32 pm by maedonnas »

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2016, 09:25:47 am »
I asked my coordinator. She said it should be 9 x 12 screen. If budget permits get LED. I might source another projector na lang. Hassle!

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Blue Leaf Mckinley
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2016, 05:58:59 pm »
Aww, so it should really be 9x12, thanks for the info sis rowan  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close