Author Topic: Living with a Geeky Husband :)  (Read 6479 times)

ayami

  • Guest
Re: Living with a Geeky Husband :)
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 06:09:57 pm »
Count me in! :D

Walang kabahid bahid ng pagiging jock yung asawa ko lately lang sya naging interesado sa physical exercise (actually nung naging mommy and daddy na kami kasi nagkakalove handles na lol). Actually, sinimulan yan ng mom-in-law ko na nahilig sa fitness and diet stuff nung college kami. Inenroll nya ng lifetime membership si hubby sa Slimmers World (na hindi nya nagagamit tinatamad daw haha). Pero he regularly jogs, does pushups etc gamit nung smartphone apps.

Nung high school kami, he was one of the best Ragnarok gamers in our batch. Actually, I wanted a gamer boyfriend dahil cool ang dating sakin lol. I was a gamer myself back then.

Nung college, he was addicted to DotA just like most males our age. Marami rin siyang binibiling game CDs/DVDs. He's also in to Japanese anime, comic books, etc. Click na click kami kasi yun din hilig ko. Now, he's into smartphone phone games which I fully support. Stress relief nya yan when he started working. Less PC games time na rin sya because of that (which is better haha). Halos lahat ng labas namin dadaan kami sa DataBlitz or sa Cyberzone because we both love tech hehe.

The best thing about this is that nakakasama ko sya palagi. Hindi sya mabarkada kasi sapat na ang PC at phone para maentertain sya :) He could be playing something behind me and I could be doing something else yet nakakapag create pa rin kami ng bonding time. Updated din ako sa gaming life nya kasi credit card ko gamit nya for purchases so paalam muna sya before spending on it haha.

Tungkol sa paggastos-- it's not a problem. Downloadable naman ang games kaya tipid. Hindi rin sya maluho, actually 4 years bago niya pinalitan yung iPhone nya. Pano marami na kasing unsupported games haha.

Dacian

  • Guest
Re: Living with a Geeky Husband :)
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 06:51:23 pm »
my hubby loves reading books.

pikapika2501

  • Guest
Re: Living with a Geeky Husband :)
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 10:17:55 am »
this is one good topic to revive :) oh well, forums are meant for people to read and relate.

anyway, as i wanted to contribute: here's how it goes:

kala nyo lang hindi cheap ang buhay having a geeky husband. Basta dahan dahan lang ang pag bili. pa isa isa lang. kasi kung tutuusin, mas magastos ang labas ng labas :) at napaka simple ng hapiness nila :)

i saw the actual scenario of my friend who has a geeky husband where his husband survive a life having a second hand psp (mobile console). grabe, sobrang tipid nun. ngayon ata 3.5k lang second hand nyan tapos antagal pinagkasya ni mister ang buhay nya dun :)

for me, i only have a fair geeky husband... not really too geeky.

angelzero

  • Guest
Re: Living with a Geeky Husband :)
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 03:36:22 pm »
just got married to a geek! at first, nung ligawan stage pa lang namin i had no idea. nung naging kami na and i got to see his bedroom, i was like woah! parang stockroom ng toy store! he's into gaming consoles (new and vintage), online gaming, anime, manga, comic books, collectible figures, custom figures, robots and all things japanese. so far, since it's just the two of us, i am more than ok with his hobbies and total geekiness. i actually find it amusing. he wasn't the brightest in school but his recall of stories from comic books, movies and anime is impeccable! he can even recall all the details of a movie he saw 5-10 years ago. he is also the sociable type of geek. he loves going out with his friends and he can strike a conversation with anyone.

what i like about his collecting hobby is that he can make money out of it. he knows what will appreciate in value over time so he can resell it eventually. he is always on the lookout for things to buy hoping to resell them for a profit. he also customizes 1/6 figure heads and sell them on fb and ebay.

i am not that geeky. i was more of a nerd in school, yung medyo academic type. but i am happy i married a geek. i dunno why, but i get him. maybe we both have a creative side. he even asks if he should go ahead and buy something, baka daw magalit ako. but i trust him that he's making the right decision kaya hindi ko sya pinipigilan. magastos, oo, pero alam ko namang babalik din yung pera.

we're having a baby soon so i dunno how having a geeky hubby would be like by then. sana naman hindi dalawa ang aalagaan ko. i always tell him to be a hands-on dad and change his spending habits. oo naman daw. tingnan natin.  ::)

sildusoleil

  • Guest
Re: Living with a Geeky Husband :)
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 09:30:23 pm »
Hubby and I are both nerds. We are actually a wombo-combo. He is an artist and I am a writer. We are planning to make our own web comic series in Patreon once he is done with a comic book he is working at the moment.

Anyway, I don't have anything against his nerdom stuff as long as the bills are paid, enough money for food, savings for out future child. Yung sosobra, yun nalang ang ibibili ng geeky stuff like computer upgrades, gadgets (kung kailangan lang talaga), travel, cosplay events, books and more.

owstalaga

  • Guest
Re: Living with a Geeky Husband :)
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2016, 11:54:35 pm »
E yung nainggit ako. Ma-revive nga yung thread.  ;) If I'm gonna get married gusto ko geek eh.  ;D

TomHansen

  • Guest
Re: Living with a Geeky Husband :)
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2016, 12:59:59 am »
hahaha nakakatuwa naman itong thread na ito reading how gt wives appreciate their geeky husbands makes me hope na sana maging ganito rin ka-appreciative future partner ko. Tama kayo simple lang naman mapasaya geeky partners and i admire you girls na you took time to learn how to play games and/or understand what your husband's hobbies..

Watching geeky movies, playing games together - that's the dream! :( :( :(

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Living with a Geeky Husband :)
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2016, 06:14:40 am »
OMG I have found my tribe :) joining in girls!

My husband and I are full-on geeks! We have the same preference in books (fantasy and sci-fi), comics and manga. We play online games like WoW, LoL, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo. We both have 3DS-es and we play games on that as well. We have a PS3 but prefer PC games now. We watch anime, fantasy and sci-fi shows together. He also loves Broadway music and sings Disney songs (a rarity among men!) which makes me swoon :) plus the fact that he works out (200 lbs of muscle) and takes care of himself makes me feel like the luckiest of women :)

He also works as an animator for a game studio :) that's how we connected - I went nuts over the fact that he was working for this company that made some of my favorite childhood Nintendo games! Fangirl moment haha
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:19:31 am by luckypal »

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Living with a Geeky Husband :)
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2016, 08:27:04 am »
Another lifestyle!

I am the one prone to such a gaming life, but had to stop it (like smoking).  I wouldn't be able to manage my home & business.  Too much temptation.   Addicting.
My mom says to take advantage of the world out there while we are still young and can physically tackle a lot.  The time will come to slow down.
Plus my husband says while we have all our faculties intact & still able to handle stress well -- to sit in front of a laptop only if it aids in making money. Lol

So, though I drool over the vicarious fun these geeks are having now -- I will reserve that for an older age. 

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Living with a Geeky Husband :)
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 09:12:33 am »
^yeah, when I started working and doing other freelancing gigs, I had to give up or lay low on my geeky pursuits. It was too much of a distraction and I was working towards a financial goal at that time in my life.

At this stage naman, I feel like I've slowed down a bit on that aspect and I'm enjoying the fruits of my labor. I got back into my geeky pursuits but it's mellowed down a whole lot. My hubby naman has an excuse to play games since it's work-related or research since he works for the gaming industry - I wish I could work in the same industry as him! :) super dream job!



 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close