Author Topic: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3  (Read 109611 times)

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #380 on: October 20, 2015, 09:51:16 am »
^ in my wedding last Dec 2014, I engaged the services of KbyC also as our caterer. i am sure there was no parade of waiters. even for the VIPs. Moreover, everyone raved about the food. actually we had more than enough for everyone. the guests told me they were able to return several times to the buffet table especially for the honey nut prawns. they loved the food.

months before my wedding, i also read a few negative reviews about KbyC in this thread. that there were scruffy and dirty looking waiters at a wedding, that the food was late and the venue was not decorated prior to the reception because KbyC arrived late for a Tagaytay wedding.

I mentioned all of them to my AE, Jam. She thanked me for informing her about those reviews and promised me that all my concerns will be taken care of. She even specified some of those undertakings in the contract: make sure all equipments, waiters' clothes etc. are all clean, make sure to arrive on time for ingress and styling, etc. She even advised me on how I can ensure that the food will be enough for everyone. Jam and KbyC kept all those promises on the day of our wedding. 

My relatives love to eat and during family gatherings they love to serve lots of food. I really made sure that the guests can return for a second helping, at the least. i did not rely on the "buffer" since there are guests who do love to eat and would really want to return to the buffet spread, especially if the food is good.

A bit of advice: there will always be a negative review about your suppliers once in a while. Trust your choice. you would not have chosen that particular supplier if you did not think he, she or it can deliver. Changing your mind every time you hear a negative review about a supplier will cost you your hard-earned money, even if it is just a mere 10, 000 deposit. Make sure you communicate very well with your AE everything that you envision for your wedding day. Good communication with your supplier can spell a big difference.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:53:21 am by fionaapple »

zaji731

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #381 on: October 20, 2015, 10:25:59 am »
^well said sis fionaapple

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #382 on: October 20, 2015, 11:29:54 am »
^thank you zaji731. i have been keeping silent in the past few days that I have been reading worried posts about negative reviews. But I realized I should give the thread followers and post-ers my insight about the matter. I underwent the same struggle: thinking about whether I made the right choices in the months and days leading to my own wedding day.

Let me tell you: when the reception was about to finish, one of my cousins gave me a hug and blurted out: "this fits the definition of a perfect wedding!" I told him I am glad they enjoyed the wedding.

You see, I know that there were very little glitches during the preparations and during the reception but nobody seemed to notice those little things. I am the only one who knows there were minuscule details that did not go as I planned them. But I did not mind, I was happy. That day was among the happiest days of my life.

What helped me feel good and enjoy that day was actually an advice that I came across here in GT and I want to share it with all of you:
That person said that there is no such thing as a perfect wedding. There will certainly be some things that will go wrong on that day. She said that, on the day of your wedding, you should relax and have faith that everything will be alright. And if a glitch does happen, do not stress too much about it. Just smile and let your trusted coordinator's team  do their job.

I hope all of you would feel the same way I did on the respective days of your own weddings. Just fill your heart with happiness on that day. It is your wedding day after all.  You deserve all of it after all the painstaking months of planning.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #383 on: October 20, 2015, 12:48:52 pm »
Hi. Di pa ko nag backread, sorry I don't have all the time in the world. super rush na kasi.

Ask lang po. K by C sent me their 10th year anniversary promo P890/head + SC&VAT
ask ko lang is it worth it?

hindi kaya nila tipirin kasi mas mura yung binigay nilang rate?

zaji731

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #384 on: October 20, 2015, 01:26:20 pm »
hmm sulit naman din siya sis, especially if you booked it during bridal fair and got the freebies na 3 desserts or wine...

it gives you liberty for other food choices like lechon/drinks etc as it free up a portion of your budget.
pero siyempre, there are other food items na hindi available in KbC 10th Year Anniv promo or a bit "downgraded" from the usual na package na offer nila

nga pla sis, just a tip. Consider asking for waiver ng 12% VAT that's a huge bargain in itself na
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:46:42 pm by zaji731 »

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #385 on: October 20, 2015, 03:29:12 pm »
^Thanks sis @fionaapple 😊 for your imparting your thoughts and experience. Really appreciate it 😁😁
P
@ms. Dianne, don't worry, I trust KbyC.  And thanks :) 

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #386 on: October 20, 2015, 03:58:27 pm »
hmm sulit naman din siya sis, especially if you booked it during bridal fair and got the freebies na 3 desserts or wine...

it gives you liberty for other food choices like lechon/drinks etc as it free up a portion of your budget.
pero siyempre, there are other food items na hindi available in KbC 10th Year Anniv promo or a bit "downgraded" from the usual na package na offer nila

nga pla sis, just a tip. Consider asking for waiver ng 12% VAT that's a huge bargain in itself na


Ma Del's kasi talaga ang choice ko kasi mura sya. Then I received this promo from K by C. I was thinking to splurge a bit more kasi syempre K by C na to eh! Naisip ko lang is baka tipirin nila dahil nga downgraded ito.


Yes sis I will ask for that waiver, most caterers naman wine-waive nila ito. kung di nya i-waive definitely di ko sila kukunin, gosh 1,085 na yun, di carry.


Sis saan at kelan pala yung bridal fair nila para kung sakali don ako mag bo-book?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:59:14 pm by hermione28 »

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #387 on: October 20, 2015, 06:24:16 pm »
I hope all of you would feel the same way I did on the respective days of your own weddings. Just fill your heart with happiness on that day. It is your wedding day after all.  You deserve all of it after all the painstaking months of planning.

Hi  fionaapple, you and belle_v2g are the reason why I specifically asked for Jam as our AE when I booked KbyC. She's so efficient, I don't have any problems dealing with KbyC at all. With her I also do not worry. :) thanks!

ece

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #388 on: October 20, 2015, 07:51:15 pm »
not a k by c bride, pasingit lang. tee hee!..

reading a lot of reviews, I think mas maganda talaga kung sabihin lahat ng concerns you sa AE nyo.
and for the AEs, Jam and Nina ang pinaka matunog. I love Nina's works posted in IG btw.

shyxiena

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #389 on: October 29, 2015, 04:50:34 am »
Hello mga sis! Gusto ko din sana ibook ang KbyC for my wedding pero hindi ko makapili kung alin  package at menu. hindi ko kasi alam kung convenient ba na with cake ang package na kunin ko sakanila?
How much ba estimate for wedding cake if iba supplier?
Then ano mga  food ng Kbyc na nagustuhan nyo from appetizer, main dishes, dessert and drink? Ilan din mga sis ang drinks na included hindi ko kasi getz tee hee!!
If piliin ko naman ang package with cake in the menu na 4 main dishes + seafood upgrade included ba main dishes like BEEF + CHICKEN + PASTA + FISH + SEAFOOD? Kahit hindi na mention ang rice included na yun di ba?
Sory mga sis dami ko tanong tee hee!! Sana ma help nyo ko :) Thank You :*

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2015, 09:10:58 am »
hi sis shyxiena, I got package 1 with KbyC since yan yung included with my venue + caterer package. the cake included in package 2 costs around 10k with Cake Concepts. My AE gave me their contact na lang and chose a smaller cake plus all my extras will be billed through KbyC (cake, lechon etc). other suupliers may charge more or less. i think there's a separate wedding cake thread here. 4 main dishes is pasta, fish, chicken and beef/pork. package 2 is either pasta, seafood, chicken, beef or pork or youe get 5 main dishes pasta, fish, chicken, beef and pork. rice is included and you have the option to have carrot rice and plain rice.  personally i liked their: appetizers: hoisin chicken wrap, smoked salmon blinis, main dish: slow cooked beef, pork belly with fig and apple compote, dessert: white chocolate cake. hope this helps  :)

yin_ira

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2015, 04:33:47 pm »
Hi Sisses! I'm also considering K by Cunanan as our caterer for our wedding. How can I contact AE's Jam or Nina? Thanks in advance!!

MRS.GO

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #392 on: November 01, 2015, 03:21:11 am »
Hi fellow KbyC brides,

I just booked them Package 2 Buffet with Cake. And my AE is Meg and Stylist is Nina.
Wedding is on September 2016 at Blue Leaf Filipinas.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they will deliver very well since we were impressed of the dishes at our FT.

-Roasted corn , sour cream, cilantro SOUP
-Watermelon and feta citrus dressing SALAD
-Baked tomato and creamy pesto penne
-Roasted Rosemary chicken with stuffing
-Barbecued beef ribs
-Fish is so so, so we're getting the Honey Prawn Nut instead
- dessert
White choco cake
Mixed fruit compote
Chocolate and hazelnut cannoli
Mixed fruit compote
Pica totes calamansi curd vanilla ice cream

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #393 on: November 08, 2015, 09:56:08 pm »
Does anybody know if K by Cunanan will be a part of the Getting Married fair this weekend at SMX? I want to book them na kasi:)

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #394 on: November 08, 2015, 10:12:04 pm »
Yes they will be there

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #395 on: November 08, 2015, 10:31:04 pm »
yay! thanks for the speedy reply msdianne. hope i get freebies too. non negotiable ko talaga si k by cunanan. 10k dp right? cash or do they accept personal checks?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #396 on: November 10, 2015, 10:03:48 pm »
Finished our final foodtasting & detailing with KbyC today...i am so RELIEVED because our initial foodtasting wasnt impressive at all, just okay and we only liked half the dishes. This time, with my requested menu, they delivered i would say 9/10. We still didn't like some of the dishes but managed to cross them out and have good ones to go with. Yung iba were good naman pero crossed out because medyo mahirap kainin or hawakan. Here's our finalized menu:

1) Hors d'oeuvres -  Crostini with prawn thermidore, Chicken on crisp tortilla, arugula and caramelized onions, Hoisin chicken wrap, Grilled cheese and tomato soup shots, Cheese and chorizo croquettas, pimiento aioli, Korean beef soft tacos (additional 3 kinds)
2) Bread and Dip – Creamy pesto, Balsamic and olive oil
3) Soup - Broccoli and Cheese
4) Salad – Watermelon and feta citrus dressing salad
5) Seafood - Grilled prawns in lemon butter sauce with carrot rice (upgrade)
6) Sorbet – Dalandan Basil
7) Main Course - Grilled tenderloin, ponzu, truffle butter, onion rings (upgrade)
8) Desserts - Queso de bola cheesecake, Picatostes with tsokolate
9) Beverages - Raspberry iced tea, brewed coffee, tarragon tea

I actually picked the white chocolate cake as the 2nd dessert but wasnt happy with the sloppy plating (since it was too soft) and my AE also told me it was too similar to the cheesecake if i was having both. Has anyone tried the picatostes with chocolate?

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2015, 11:01:46 pm »
So good that you have got better and improved food tasting. Question, did you swap your hor d'oeuvres with desserts? I meant it the other way around?? Kasi you have 5 cocktails, but only 2 desserts? or did you not get KbyC during the bridal fair? Or is it different because yours is sitdown? Or are those upgrades?  Pasensya na madami tanong hehe.
Thanks. :) 

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #398 on: November 11, 2015, 04:59:04 am »
sis sparklingjeweli tried the Picatostes during the initial food tasting. its a thicker version of churros with tablea dip (i think it was tablea ganache since it was a bit thick in consistency). i actually liked it since it was soft inside and crunchy outside and the tsokolate was not too sweet and close to being dark chocolate. just didn't end up getting it since I chose a different dessert which i liked more. i think its a good partner with the quezo de bola cheesecake.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #399 on: November 11, 2015, 06:22:16 am »
^MissusO I kept my desserts at the usual two then told my AE i want additional in appetizers because my guests would be very hungry after the church and i have a 1.5 hour waiting time. Kutchie agreed to have it this way... given my 2 main courses na both relatively heavy, baka di na daw kayanin if madaming dessert. Theyre not upgrades.

^rightback How would you rate it out of 10? I didnt get to taste it na kasi since i was kinda forced to pick a replacement...sa totoo lang we had the hardest time with dessert kasi wala na kami mapili. So buti nalang 2 lang din!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close