Author Topic: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3  (Read 109510 times)

chingky

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #280 on: September 13, 2015, 04:41:47 am »
I'm getting their 850 -package and will add lechon.  ) So since it's just pork or beef, will get their beef (carving station) and will have lechon. So we will still have pork and beef. :)

Yes, sparklingjewel, they allow you to convert the free desserts to hors d'oeuvres. :)

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #281 on: September 13, 2015, 11:25:17 pm »
^sulit ba yung P850 package nila? Dahil limited ang food choices, ok pa rin ba yung available menu nila para dito? Still not familiar with their bestsellers kaya no idea kung sulit yung promo nila. I emailed my AE and asked kung pwede pa namin ma-avail kahit nakapagbook na kami last February.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:36:11 pm by lyr3hs »

chingky

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #282 on: September 14, 2015, 04:31:53 am »
I think naman it's still sulit. Most of the ones I like are still there naman. The only one I noticed that I like which isn't there is the osso bucco, but we'll be getting their slow cooked-beef instead, so that's fine. Changes are like their slow-cooked beef has a different (maybe more affordable) sauce than the one offered in the 990-package. Basically, like that.

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #283 on: September 14, 2015, 07:56:53 am »
Fiancé told me the new discounted package parang tinipid version. 2 appetizers only, Soup or salad, 4 main courses. Bitin ang appetizers that's the thing guest would appreciate while waiting for the couples eh. Unless mag add up ng food for cocktails and main. Ganun din. But if you're budget savvy this is good to go though.

zaji731

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #284 on: September 14, 2015, 08:53:07 am »
Pansin ko lang na parang iba iba rates binibigay sa atin. Kasi may nagpost na 850 yung package nila, tapos akin naman ay 890. Diba dapat same lang ang rate?

hi sis Chocnats, can you share what are the inclusions with the 890 rate you got during the bridal fair? baka naman its 10% off the 990? medyo naguguluhan din kasi ako.

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #285 on: September 14, 2015, 09:02:43 am »
^same as what sis msdianne said. 2 appetizers lang, then soup or salad tapos 4 main dishes. Limited food choices. Wala nga rin yung osso bucco sa choices kaya medyo nadisappoint si h2b kasi yun talaga ang nagpush sa kanya to get kbyc haha. Still, malaki rin kasi natipid namin if we get their promo package. Nakabook na nga kami ng mobile bar because of the savings haha.

890 binigay sa akin package but I was able to lessen it to 850. Although di ko pa rin alam bakit iba iba ang pricing. Kinulit ko lang AE ko kaya pinagbigyan ako.

zaji731

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #286 on: September 14, 2015, 09:36:07 am »
^hmm  i see. quite weird nga lang noh. I got a copy of the Anniv Package of KBC and its clearly stated there @850. So I'm not sure where the @890 came from and what the inclusions are.

I can't complain though. Because I got a special rate din naman because they weren't accredited with my venue. My mistake lang is sa sobrang saya ko, I did not bother to clarify the menu. May be I'll just check din with my AE kung ano ang nacoordinate sa kanya ni Ms. Ran.

During the bridal fair kasi, my AE (Ms. Betina) was not present dahil may wedding siya na hinahandle so Ms. Ran entertained my queries.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:38:10 am by zaji731 »

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #287 on: September 14, 2015, 10:51:44 am »
I asked one bride kasi to email me her 850 package tapos I compared it with the 890 package that I got from the fair. As in parehong pareho, even the inclusions. My AE first told me na the 850 rate is fir 2015 weddings tapos the 890 rate is for 2016, but the bride that emailed me the package is a 2016 bride also. So I asked my AE na bigay sa akin yun 850 na package. Weird kasi at iba iba lang talaga sila ng rates.

zaji731

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #288 on: September 14, 2015, 11:18:22 am »
^ahh I see. so that's why. when's your wedding pala sis. I'm considering re-negoatiating again kasi hahahaha

chingky

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #289 on: September 14, 2015, 11:48:43 am »
Just to clarify. We will get 3 free desserts which are convertible to cocktails, so technically, we will still have 3 cocktails just like the 990-package and extra desserts. :) We will be able to add lechon pa. Personally, I think this is a really good deal for practical brides, since I don't think K would ruin its reputation by giving us cheaper, in terms of quality, alternatives. Just my two cents. :) I hope this will help. :)

With regard to the 850 or 890-package, maybe there's a difference for those who went or booked them early during the bridal fair? Hahaha. I'm not sure, but I was there by 10 already while they were still setting up. I got to talk with Meg. :)

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2015, 01:18:10 pm »
sis zaji731, my wedding is on October 15, 2016 tapos the bride that I talked to will have her wedding on September 2016. One month lang pagitan namin pero magkaiba kami ng rates kaya talagang kinulit ko si AE ko! Haha!

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2015, 02:07:26 pm »
My AE Jam agreed to give us the P890 rate but not the P850. Im afraid to ask why dahil baka makulitan sya. But the P850 rate is really sulit, even if you add 2 more cocktail food mas mura pa rin sya. Bakit kaya iba iba yung rates?

zaji731

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2015, 02:10:45 pm »
noted sis chocnats :D
medyo lutang kasi talaga when I heard na they'll give me a special rate given the corkage fee sa venue namin.

BTW, how does it work pala? I gave them the 10k reservation fee to block the date. when should i expect to get the proposal? saka should I wait for them to initiate the scheduling of FT? or do they expect na ako ang mag-initiate nun?

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2015, 02:38:03 pm »
I just clarified with Jam and she said that the rates depend on the venue. Saan ang venue nyo mga sis?

zaji731

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #294 on: September 14, 2015, 02:53:08 pm »
^sis lyr3hs pm ko sa iyo what happened in my case.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #295 on: September 14, 2015, 06:50:22 pm »
Fiancé told me the new discounted package parang tinipid version. 2 appetizers only, Soup or salad, 4 main courses. Bitin ang appetizers that's the thing guest would appreciate while waiting for the couples eh. Unless mag add up ng food for cocktails and main. Ganun din. But if you're budget savvy this is good to go though.

Good of them to have thought of offering a more affordable menu. But just my opinion. 2 appetizers is super kulang. Guests are hungry at this point kahit pa 1-1.5 hr cocktails lang. Unless of course it's not bite-sized but it usually is. Ako nga sometimes i eat like 7-8 servings haha what more hungry guys. Ang mahal din ng extra appetizers ni K actually so baka bawi lang if you will add.
Me im serving 5 appetizers but we're still ordering 3 kinds of savory pastries (that are much heavier-- for those really hungry) from an outside supplier, on top of a coffee and juice bar. Sana wala na talagang gutom :)

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #296 on: September 14, 2015, 07:04:58 pm »
Yes exactly... I've been to many weddings important talaga ang cocktails if you don't satisfy your guest they will disappoint. Haba ng gap before sila makakakain. Imperative to have them filled up especially mga guys, diabetic, mga taong laging gutom haha.

But yeah like what I said... Its budget savvy the new menu. But I still go for the the trusted package :)

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #297 on: September 14, 2015, 07:12:51 pm »
^For the P850 rate, even if you add 2 more appetizer for P40 each plus 10% service charge the total is still cheaper. especially if you have many guests, huge savings talaga! But then the choices are very limited. Wala nga yata yung mga best sellers nila don? Im thinking of getting the usual P990 rate again.

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #298 on: September 14, 2015, 07:58:57 pm »
Yes, limited talaga ang choices, pero sabi naman ng AE ko, we can still choose whether to get the regular package or the promo package pero knowing my bf, mas gusto niya yung mura! Haha!

I'll ask my AE if pwede we can convert the one free dessert into an appetizer na lang para balanced: 3 appetizers then 4 desserts. I remember kasi during my first wedding, 5 appetizers yung meron ako noon. Nabusog daw talaga guests ko kaya konti lang nakain nila nung dinner talaga. Dami tuloy natirang pagkain. I guess I open up the mobile bar during cocktail hour para those who want to drink can have their fill na, plus add activities na rin para di masyado mabore ang mga guests.

chingky

  • Guest
Re: Caterer Review : K by Cunanan PART 3
« Reply #299 on: September 14, 2015, 08:28:02 pm »
It will all basically depend on how long you'll let your guests wait I guess. Since my church is very near my reception venue, I don't think they would need to wait that long. And most people I know don't eat much during cocktails, and instead, wait for the main courses. Haha. I would still want them to enjoy the main courses more than the appetizers. :) Activities or games to kill time would do. :) If you have the budget, you may also add a Starbucks booth or a Pinkberry one so they'll be like merienda and not too heavy. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close