Author Topic: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6  (Read 81686 times)

120515

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #540 on: September 04, 2015, 05:04:38 pm »
oh sis chili1113, hugs to you! i think everyone has said what needs to be said. all i can say is just enjoy your day when it comes and just enjoy the rest of the planning process.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #541 on: September 04, 2015, 07:24:54 pm »
awwwwww ladies!!! Thanks so so much for all the comforting words: papemelroti, ishopnowfeelguiltylater, anneshirley, sparklingjewel, bonzaigirl, 120515!! I feel like I got a ton of virtual hugs while reading your posts.

Hehe super guilt trip galore this week. Although, I really do feel blessed that this business opportunity came up, and that H2B was still able to make an investment despite all the impending wedding and renovation expenses. It was a super good opportunity and it was even my dad who advised him to go for it. However, now we have to tighten our belts a bit since this investment was really unexpected. In a way this is good because it is going to force us to make wiser decisions as the wedding draws closer. This unexpected expenditure of H2B will hopefully keep us from making last minute splurges on non- essential wedding add-ons  =)

Oh, and I am planning to tone down our honeymoon plans too hehe Ill look for more practical resorts and hotels. We were gonna for once treat ourselves biz class tickets too, but I will definitely not opt for that anymore!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #542 on: September 04, 2015, 07:48:01 pm »
^Hugs to you Chili1113! Me too, yung mga very small things i decided not to spend so much on na (whatever is left, anyway haha). We're still pushing through with the honeymoon plan pero not going to splurge on business class tickets or first class resorts either. I told fiance i would rather go midrange again to make for a longer trip :) Kaya natin yan!

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #543 on: September 05, 2015, 11:02:21 am »
Virtual hug Chili1113!
I totally get what you're saying.. I too have had moments like this even though our wedding is probably nowhere near one would consider high-end in the Philippines. But at the end of the day I just ask myself, "could our wedding do without this supplier?"; "would I regret spending on this specific supplier?" If the answer is NO to both, then I make a decision to get that supplier and move on with it. If you had envisioned your wedding with that supplier in mind and have the means to affording the service without going overbudget or going into debt, then by all means go for it. A wedding is once in a lifetime (for most people anyway) and so it's only understandable that we all want to make it memorable. You shouldn't feel bad just because your friend has a different vision and priorities with her wedding. You might regret it in the future had you made the same decisions with your wedding planning as your friend.
Just my two cents.  ;)
Enjoy the rest of your wedding planning!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #544 on: September 05, 2015, 12:18:59 pm »
Thanks lourd3ss!! Hehe that's the thing though we initially envisioned out wedding to be a very small and intimate affair, then splurge on our honeymoon instead. Hehe but yes you are right!! I never went all out in planning anyway and I should just move on and not feel guilty about it! =)

LOL I guess this is one of the downsides of having a long engagement!! Sometimes the longer the planning the more we want to keep adding and adding to the plans!

lemaverien

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #545 on: September 05, 2015, 03:08:57 pm »
Hi sis it all depends on your type of wedding. But you are right splurge on the catering(they include set up) and the photo video.

ece

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #546 on: September 05, 2015, 03:14:45 pm »
yay sis Chili1113,  I have the same sentiments lately. naisip ko pa, if only I could turn back time. hehe.. tho our budget is not that big, sana hindi masyado nangibabaw ang wants sa needs para mas naless ang gastusin. oh well... anjan na iyan. enjoy the moment. mbabawi din naten ang mga gastos.  ;)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #547 on: September 06, 2015, 01:56:19 pm »
Hi Chili, I know how you feel -- the amount we're spending on our wedding is crazy, especially considering how few guests we're having! It's hard not to feel bad especially since frugality is generally talked up as a virtue, while splurging is seen as shallow or gastadora.

Just try to remember though that everyone's tastes and finances are different; we shouldn't try and compare our budgets or weddings with other people -- all that matters is we're having the weddings we want at a price we can afford. :)

thekitchenbride

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #548 on: September 06, 2015, 03:09:06 pm »
Sharing with you our wedding budget: 276,650  :)

Church - 20,000 (with flower, choir, priest, processing)
Reception venue - 30,000 (no corkage fee)
Catering - 107,000 (with souvenir cupcakes)
Wedding Gown - 20,000 (complete with veil and pillows)
Bridesmaid dresses - 11,000 (6 floor length dresses)
Grooms's tux - 5,000
Flowers - 6,500 (with bouquet for all female entourage)
Photo and Video - 29,750 (with photobooth, SDE)
Rings - sponsored by my mom
Invitation - 3,500 (100 pcs)
Hair and makeup - 5,500 (me and my mom)
Hotel - 17,000 (2 rooms, 1 night & 2 nights accommodation)
OTD coordinator - 12,000
Transpo of entourage - 3,500 (van:hotel-church-home)
Gifts for entourage - 5,900 (personalized wine)
DIYs - sponsored by my sister

Happy budgeting everyone!  ;)

msGlobalista

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #549 on: September 07, 2015, 12:13:50 pm »
It's imperative to have financial stability after the wedding. Why splurge if the most important thing is the marriage after. It's sad that people nowadays tend to focus on aesthetic than the essentials. Living the life of regrets after. Moral lesson, live within the important ones. It may be a day of the most important event in your lives but what matters most is the life thereafter. Don't be fooled by the norms and the extravagant lifestyle of others. Live with no regrets. Keep it always basic and simple :) Happy planning and may your marriage be bountiful after the wedding!

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #550 on: September 07, 2015, 12:54:17 pm »
Since second wedding ko na ito, I told myself na ayaw ko na gumastos ng malaki. Kahit simpleng kakain lang sa restaurant, oks lang sa akin tapos gusto ko super intimate wedding lang. Basta target ko, less than 200K magastos namin.

But then, I thought na unfair naman yun sa h2b ko. After all, this will be his first time to get married (and hopefully his last!), so I want him to experience naman yung magkaroon ng isang "traditional" wedding. So ayun, we decided to splurge a bit for our wedding hehe

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #551 on: September 07, 2015, 01:10:42 pm »
mrscreamsoda: Thanks sis for the kind words and advice. LOL last night my fiance was laughing a bit at me as we were discussing our finances. He was laughing at how affected I am with his recent purchase and assured me that he wouldnt have purchased it if he couldnt pay for everything including our wedding! LOL... but of course, I said that I am glad he purchased the property so that I wont get carried away adding more and more to the wedding expenses.

chocnats: Same here sis!! It's my 2nd wedding and my H2B's first hehe Thats why at first I wanted it really small and intimate because I already had a really big and fancy wedding before. LOL but I still got carried away and upgraded lots of things.

I think it because I want this wedding to also not look "kawawa" compared to my 1st big wedding, napapagastos tuloy ako!!! Sana super duper simple destination wedding kami so that it will be different and incomparable to the 1st one. But thats not how we ended up planning it. Eh sa reception venue alone talo na my 2nd wedding. 1st time kasi sas Makati Shang this time Polo Club lang hehe. So I think the budget bloated because I tried to compensate the disparity by splurging on styling and really upgrading the food.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:21:33 pm by Chili1113 »

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #552 on: September 07, 2015, 05:13:58 pm »
2 words.... I splurge. Haha
Yes it's 1 day affair. But I made sure naman na we don't go bankrupt  :P
But yeah weddings nowadays in the PH..... So grand! I work overseas and
Sometimes you would see others going simple here but yeah that's how
That works back home so go with the flow!  ;D if you have the means! Why not!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #553 on: September 07, 2015, 07:19:02 pm »
^Chili1113 Kahit anong 'kawawa' ng Polo Club mo vs. your Makati Shang first wedding eh di ka parin kawawa with your mega styling budget noh! Haha! Relax, it'll be beautiful and totally worth it. I'm excited to see Robert Blancaflor's work!

^msdianne True yan.. wag magspend beyond your means.. and don't spend everything you have either hehe. But if have the funds and can afford a comfortable life after... then why not. :)

toria

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #554 on: September 09, 2015, 10:02:18 am »
Our initial budget is max of 450k. However, since we're getting a hotel for a venue medyo bitin ang budget namin and tumaas to 1M and estimates (which shocked the fiancée hehe).

I prayed and prayed and learned to let go of the "wants" and focus more on the "needs".
Hopefully we can achieve a max of 700k wedding. We don't want to spend too much on our wedding since we are still paying for our home. His parents also offered to "donate" some money to us but we politely rejected. For us, getting married is a decision between two people and with that should come the budget. I don't want putting the burden on other people (even though they have some disposable money) just to give in to my wants.

@Chili1113 Sis don't think that your second wedding is "kawawa" compared to the first one, kasi if you think of that way baka ganyan din isipin ni h2b and the comparison will not stop. Let go of the first one and just enjoy the second one. Virtual hugs to you! =)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #555 on: September 11, 2015, 02:51:31 am »
toria: Hugs sis!! You are absolutely right. I have to let go because I think I will be the only one really comparing my 1st wedding to the 2nd wedding.

At this point Ive already booked all my major suppliers so there is only little I can do to lower the budget. But here are some things Ive decided to let go of for now... prenup photo or video, fireworks, and a band. I really wanted a band but I had to respect h2b's wishes for a Dj instead. Its a good thing he has Dj friends so we will also get to save on this. I also plan to lower our liquor budget for the wedding.

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #556 on: September 11, 2015, 02:08:02 pm »
^sis Chili if you can help with sourcing the DJs too. Same sentiment no band just DJ as for fiancé.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #557 on: September 11, 2015, 06:32:33 pm »
^I recommend Migz Santillan. 20k ata rate nya, ok yung sets nya for young and yuppie crowd. He kept us dancing for 4 hours! Sana ok din si Jen Lee. Sya amin although never ko pa sya napanuod.


msdianne

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #558 on: September 11, 2015, 06:39:59 pm »
Unfortunately my budget is 10K only! Hahahahahaha! I have a band and acoustic singer too. Kailangan ko Lang talaga for entourage entrance and our entrance tapos a little after party after the band. Feasible Kaya?

Mrs_Bee

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #559 on: September 11, 2015, 07:13:47 pm »
Akala ko magaling nako para sa less than 500k wedding. Talo pala ako sa abilidad nyo!  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close