Author Topic: Most Difficult Supplier To Book  (Read 7681 times)

pinkmoscato

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2017, 05:35:36 pm »
Right now, naloloka na ako sa dami ng choices ko sa P/V..
I know what I want, bright and happy. Pero ayun nga, pabalik-balik ako sa faceboook pages ng mga options ko and halos same lang sila ng mga rates, I still can't decide!

decibel28

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2017, 06:13:51 pm »
Really? For me and fiance, sa photographer and videographer kami nadalian, next to our venue ;) Ang naloloka ako ngayon is for my wedding gown designer hehe!

Good luck pinkmoscato ;)

yn061515

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2017, 09:02:56 pm »
Reception venue and caterer... cause we have very limited budget and bihira lang yung pasok sa budget in Tagaytay.

winkar22

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2017, 11:35:28 pm »
Reception venue din for me before. Tama ka yn061515, ang hirap maghanap ng "mura" na reception place sa Tagaytay. In the end, we booked the one that we liked the most and yung tingin namin sulit na din over the others kahit over sa budget na si-net namin. Well, lahat naman sila over sa si-net namin na budget. LOL :o

Next that I am having difficulty is magtatahi ng gowns for my entourage. Gusto ko kasi isa lang magtatahi because I'll be providing the fabric. Medyo mahirap humanap ng pasok sa budget na malinis gumawa considering I have 11 girls entourage (although 3 of them confirmed to shoulder the patahi fees  ;D).

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 12:56:32 am »
Madami for us!  ;D Well it's because we started scouting for the bestest suppliers in town, but those bestest would mean super high rates which is hindi practical for budget brides. So it took us a lot of consideration to be firm with our budget. Though mostly it's the following..
  • Reception Venue
    Photographer
    Videographer
    Bridal Couture
    Caterer
    Prenup

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2017, 11:14:01 am »
^ I think its the same situation for most of us. You want the best supplier and a limited budget.

I had a hard time choosing a P/V and HMUA. Kasi I didn't want to pay OOT fees so I had to trust my Coord's recommendation

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2017, 01:31:12 am »
^ I hate OOT fees kaya we weren't able to push through with our photo prenup kasi OOT fees pa lang of all our suppliers combined equivalent na sa isang wedding supplier rate : :-\

marywater

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 08:47:16 am »
Pinakamahirap hanapin for me was the supplier for the wedding gown.

All the couturiers would quote me from 40k up for my peg and that's way over my budget. After asking over a million of them, I turned to RTW wedding gowns from Ivory and White.

Best decision ever!

Apart from the reason that it's within my budget, dun ko rin nalaman na hindi pala bagay sakin yung gown na gusto ko; kasi I tried a few RTW gowns that look similar to my peg, hindi talaga.

Di pa ako nastress kasi I already know how the dress will look like on me. It just needs to be altered a bit in accord to my exact measurements which is free naman. :)

yn061515

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2017, 03:46:34 pm »
^ sis how much sa Ivory & White? And how soon can they finish the alterations kaya?  :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2017, 04:38:53 pm »
Same! And corkage. I had to negotiate talaga so we can come to arrangement na I don't have to pay corkage.

^ I hate OOT fees kaya we weren't able to push through with our photo prenup kasi OOT fees pa lang of all our suppliers combined equivalent na sa isang wedding supplier rate : :-\

marywater

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2017, 06:15:06 am »
^ sis how much sa Ivory & White? And how soon can they finish the alterations kaya?  :)
Usually ang range nila from 25-40k (mine was less than 30k), pero when they have a sale, it could go below 20k.

Kung minor alteration (adjustment on measurements), mabilis lang alterations sis. :) The girls assisting me there are very accommodating. If you want to have add-ons, you can ask them about it for a reasonable rate :)

yn061515

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2017, 03:13:26 pm »
^ 1 week before the wedding lang kasi kami uuwi kaya I don't think it would work for us.  :( Super gusto ko pa mandin yung mga style ng gown nila. Thanks anyway!  :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2017, 04:17:08 pm »
I think if you are coming in 1 week before there's enough time pa din for alterations. My last fitting is 1 week before.

yn061515

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2017, 04:50:40 pm »
it depends din siguro sa supplier? baka pag super sikat or mabenta like Ivory & White, hindi uubra. Pero kung small time mananahi with very few clients, it may work out.

Nasestress ako ng slight dito, kasi I honestly do not know where to buy. Kung dito sa Doha, super mahal. Kung sa Pilipinas, I don't know how to manage the measurements kasi wala rin naman akong alam na pwedeng pagpasukatan dito.  :( I am also considering buying from online pero paano kung hindi sakto, eh di ipapa alter din?  :(

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2017, 04:56:15 pm »
My supplier is White Label so I would think they are just as busy as Ivory and White. Plus it's also the Holy Week so short week lang and it's still doable according to Gail.

If you let them know beforehand that you are coming in only 1 week before, they can definitely accomodate as long as hindi naman major alteration.

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2017, 05:00:51 pm »
Also with pasukatan, you can probably go to any alterations place. Siguro they will charge minimal fee for the measurement service.

Just ask the bridal shop what measurement they need to know. Usually it's bust, hips, waist and hollow to hem/floor measurement. You can probably get a friend to do it for you.

yn061515

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2017, 05:09:37 pm »
Sabi kasi nila iba ang sukat ng mananahi na magtatahi sa mismong gown mo, kesa sa sukat ng normal na tao w/o any knowledge sa pagtahi. Pero I've read here or somewhere 1 bride who did got her measurements on her own, while ka skype yung couturier nya.

I am actually eyeing Jasmine Bridal gowns, nakita ko lang sya sa Wedding Supplier Phils and madali kausap yung may-ari. Parang I just want to hear more stories na nag work out yung measurements lang papadala, tapos 1 week before the wedding yung fitting and there's enough time padin for alterations.

Sino designer mo pala sis LilaFowler?

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2017, 07:53:04 pm »
I got my dress from White Label. I tried dresses from Ivory and White and it was not such a good experience for me.

I think it's ok if ikaw lang mag measure, then they will do a fitting na lang at the end and adjust at the end. It's no different from buying off the rack and adjusting to your size. Most brides O/S orders standard sized dresses that get adjusted to their size.


marywater

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2017, 08:27:57 am »
^ 1 week before the wedding lang kasi kami uuwi kaya I don't think it would work for us.  :( Super gusto ko pa mandin yung mga style ng gown nila. Thanks anyway!  :)
No worries. If ever naman, you can ask them about it. ;) My friend got her gown from Ivory & White as well (actually she was the one who referred me to that bridal shop).
A little over a week before the wedding, they had to alter the dress again since my friend lost more weight that time. They just picked up the dress a day before the wedding so you could try kung kaya rin nila for you. :) She didn't have problems with her dress and she said she was stress-free when it comes to this supplier, and so far, ganun din sakin. :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 04:35:16 pm by marywater »

yn061515

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2017, 02:12:28 pm »
^ that's a relief! i'll go chat with them now.

thank you sis!  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close