Author Topic: Most Difficult Supplier To Book  (Read 7696 times)

Tubby

  • Guest
Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« on: February 09, 2015, 05:37:48 am »
Hi, GT Sisters -

I am just curious on what is the most difficult supplier or hardest supplier you have to book. Either you can't decide and confused, budget issues, etc.

I'll answer!

Most difficult for me is Gown Designer and Hair and Make-up Artist. I was not expecting that the girly girl stuff will be the hardest for me. Ang hirap kasi mag hit and miss dito since it's truly for YOU. Isa pa na nahirapan ako sa Videographer dahil almost all the guys I want are booked on our wedding date.

How about you?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 07:56:37 am »
What an interesting topic!! =)  For me, I am having the most difficulty in finding an event stylist and wedding coordinator. Here's why:

1) Stylist - Perhaps it is because I do some interior design work, I am very particular with how a place is set up. You will truly never see the final output until after you have made your grand entrance at the church and reception venue on your big day. Therefore, it is difficult to find a stylist whose work your like, whose price is right, who you completely trust, and who wont rip you off when it comes to the quantity of flowers used.

2) Wedding Coordinator - While I am leaning towards a particular high end coordinator whose OTD rate alone will cost me 40k. Now I am torn between getting the high end one, or getting a mid-range coordinator at half the price, and use the extra 20k on other things. A coordinator is very important, yet no one really notices or cares who your coordinator is. However, so many things can go wrong if you end up with a lousy one. Also a "baduy" coordinator can really make your event "baduy" as well, even just by the way they dress, or greet and handle your guests.

EASY TO BOOK:

1) HMUA - I know how to do my own make-up (I never hire one for formal events) and so I found it easy to browse portfolios and decide based on the artist's make-up techniques. Also I don't believe in paying double/triple in getting the likes of Mickey See or Albert K. because I KNOW that I'm not going to be 3x prettier by paying 3x more!

2) Video - Because I am not particular at all and in fact didn't even want an SDE at first bec hehe finace and I  find it a tad cheesy. It is a very Pinoy thing to be obsessed with SDEs.  And being typical Pinoy ourselves, we caved in eventually re SDEs. However, we really didn't prioritize this that much and booking one was easy as we weren't particular.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:51:55 pm by Chili1113 »

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 10:40:35 am »
Gown and stylist for me! It's a challenge when you're working on a budget and have a certain aesthetic in mind for the wedding. :)

Chili1113, let me know if you find a good stylist! I'm also still "shopping" for one. :D

LalaMesina

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 11:40:45 am »
agree ako sis about getting a medyo high-end coordinator, Kami rin yung wedding ng friend ko she contacted a wedding coordinator, we wanted sana to go to her office, but she insisted to do meetups, nag meetup na lang kami sa mall, she dressed up very well, mukhang mayaman, elegante at mukhang sosyal, then she brought with her, a laptop and started showing pictures, medyo naduda friend ko kasi parang hindi nman sa kanya ang mga pictures niya, para na grab lang yata niya online. Medyo pricey din ang presyo niya ha... so sabi k naman, kaya niya kapareho ng presyo yung mga kilalang party suppliers kasi registered at legitimate siya, yun pala recently lang siya nagstart parang I think 2014 lang yata sila nagstart, so my friend still give it a try, nagtiwala pa rin siya, reason niya nakipagmeetup naman sa kanya sa mall,  she paid the reservations na P5,000 deposited to their bank account but then she found out hindi naman pala legitimate company, when my friend started asking for the reservations she paid, they denied receiving any. kaya watch out ka rin, if you will transact with any supplier fr your wedding, always g to their store/office, di bale medyo malayo or medyo nakakapagod, at least sigurado mo kung saan babalikan ang kausap mo.

Post modified. Please refrain from quoting long posts.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:50:02 am by mama squeak! »

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 02:09:25 pm »

2) Wedding Coordinator - While I am leaning towards a particular high end coordinator whose OTD rate alone will cost me 40k. Now I am torn between getting the high end one, or getting a mid-range coordinator at half the price, and use the extra 20k on other things.

We had the same dilemma. In the end we booked the high-end one. Not just because they already have many years of experience but because I personally witnessed how they handled a wedding and I was impressed. Even when we met them for our wedding my fiance admired how they responded to our questions. Saka sa panahon ngayon sis, napapansin na ng families at guests ang coordinators. Minsan nga kapag may reklamo ang guests, isa mga unang unang itatanong, sino ba ang coordinators ng couple? And the same goes kapag smooth ang wedding, na aattribute sya sa coordinators. :)

For us the most difficult to book ay ang caterer.

The Greatest Is LOVE

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 02:14:38 pm »
for me, the most difficult to book talaga ay yun Caterer.
kailangan super sarap ang menu at maganda setup.
dito normally natatagalan mamili...

tan.denise54

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 09:04:43 pm »
I'm having a hard time finding a couturier for my gown because those whom I loved the work seem too suplada or too busy to accommodate inquiries :(

bettebette

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 09:24:28 pm »
Love this thread sis Tubby, it just shows how different our priorities are when it comes to  our wedding. ;)

Saken the hardest for us to book is the videographer, because we are into SDE's .. but then we have budget constraints, so I had to think of a videog who is good yet is not that expensive.. and that's where our dilemma started on choosing one kasi talagang mahirap makakuha ng mura na magaling pa sa videography. My first choice was already booked on our date when we inquired.. kaya medyo matagal namin pinagisipan si videog.

The easiest for us is I think the HMUA.. im not into make-ups, really.. kaya ok lang talga sakin whoever siguro.. kaya ang dali namin nakapamili nun.



margasyjuco

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 09:28:52 pm »
True about gowns and designers. Too scared to have a gown i wont like so Im tempted to buy na lang rtw and have it altered. Plus i think its fun to fit gowns :) Other than that i think i have my mind (and heart) set on some suppliers. :)

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 11:35:08 pm »
Difficult to book:
Event Stylist!!!!

Because all these freaking good ones doubled/tripled their prices! Lol!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:43:17 pm by andeegirlxoxo »

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 02:07:07 am »
I'm having a hard time finding a couturier for my gown because those whom I loved the work seem too suplada or too busy to accommodate inquiries :(

Sis -
Pangalanan na mga yan! :) Just kidding! As I've said - I am also having a hard time booking a supplier for the gown. If I have the body of Isabelle Daza then anyone would be ok. GT and W@W are the super best resources for these kind. I am still in the middle of inquiring and meeting with designers but I promised a one big review for everyone I met.

Love this thread sis Tubby, it just shows how different our priorities are when it comes to  our wedding. ;)

Thanks, sis! Yeah! Grabe iba-iba talaga priorities natin. I am also surprised by the answers so far. What is not a deal-breaker for me maybe a worrisome for some. I hope to get the insights of other brides.

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 05:33:50 am »
sa akin wala pa naman masyado since matagal pa wedding, but si il fiore florist na based sa tagaytay, dinededma ako. ang hirap nya ka-communicate via text and FB msg. don't want to be the one to call her naman kasi parang hinahabol ko sya. well, kinda, kasi mura sya at tagaytay-based sya. caleruega kasi wedding ko. unless may marerecommend kayong okay din..

gown: nahihirapan ako magkaroon ng maraming choices because of limited budget. 30k max ko, dapat all-in na yun. bridehouse lang sumaswak sa budget na hindi divisoria, but konti kasi laman ng IG account nila.. nakapunta na ako personally at nagandahan naman ako, dalawa lang pinasukat sakin. maayos din kausap, pero nakakasad na baka ma-no choice ako dahil sa budget. ayaw naman ni h2b divisoria.

photo video: sobrang daming choices. ang nangyari is nag identify na lang ako ng budget. then automatic kapag sobra sa budget, tanggal. kahit gaano ka pa kagaling. tapos from those na swak sa budget, nanood ako paulit ulit ng mga SDE kasama si h2b. then todo comment kami as if maalam hehe! now we're with vidlens and ram marcelo.

makeup: WALA AKONG ALAM SA MAKEUP, bow! binabasehan ko lang before and after pics, but hindi lahat nag popost nun so kahit pinupuri dito sa GT tapos wala namang before and after pics, hirap ako magets bakit naging okay. minsan kasi maganda na si bride to begin with, so di ko na alam kung makeup pa ba yun or what. yung iba nagagandahan say for example kay nini marquez pero parang sa mata ko, polbo lang nilagay. di talaga ako marunong tumingin, haha! 12k lang budget ko for 6-8 people kasama bride and groom.

church: kasi dito magbabase lahaaaat. as in lahat. pero i know in my heart na dream church ko caleruega. kaya kahit anong negatron ng nanay ko na malayo e dinedma ko. ako naman magbabayad e. at once lang sa buhay nila sila gagambalain, so dedma ako super.

easy to book:

venue: akala ko magiging mahirap sya kasi limited budget, pero nag offer yung isang PS namin na sa villa na lang nya sa tagaytay at maganda naman nung napuntahan namin so okay na rin.

caterer: sobra yung raves ng k by cunanan dito at sa ibang blogs. sa photos ng styling nila, sobrang nagandahan kami. kaya i booked them blindly. di pa ako nakakapagtry ng ibang caterers nor inquired. direcho na kami kbyc. pero lately parang gusto ko pa rin mag FT sa iba, para lang alam ko kung ano ilelet go ko. di ko lang type juan carlo kasi nakatikim na ako ng FT (not for me, different bride) at di ako naimpress. yung setup ang typical din. tipong silk yung tela, haha!







xxIcePrincessxx

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 06:11:41 am »
Difficult to Book:

HMUA - i thought this was going to be one of the easiest to book.  Pero nung nakita ko na ang mga presyo ng mga gusto kong make-up artists... juicecolored! I really did not want to spend that much money on HMUA. Inisip ko kase hindi naman siguro ako ganung kapanget para pagkagastusan ko ng matindi ang HMUA.  That's money we could've spent elsewhere (e.g. Split type LED Wall ;D ).  Doesn't matter din to me what brands she uses kase I will be asking her to use my own makeup din naman.  Basta importante marunong mag blend, mag highlight ng features, mag shape ng eyebrows, at marunong pumili ng make up colors that's bagay for you... ayan basta meron mga skills na yan, I'm solved!  :D

P/V - Hindi kami mahilig sa mga prenup pic ni fiance and no fuss din kame mashado sa P/V.. basta marunong mag kuha ng tamang anggulo sa pictures, ok na kami.  So we booked this P/V supplier na may all-in-one package. Kampante na kami, until we started telling friends and other suppliers about who our P/V is... dumagsa ang mga warnings.  One friend was even trying to convince us to drop them immediately and find somebody else.  Yung coordinator naman namin, when they heard who our P/V was, ang initial reaction nila was "ay ok sige tututukan nalang namin yan" lol! So sa dami ng nareceive namin na warnings, we dropped them na and got separate teams for photo and video instead.  Pero ang hirap kase by that time, most of the suppliers we liked were already booked for our date.  Pero on the whole, the suppliers that we were able to finally booked are the best choices we could have made for our P/V  ;)

EASY TO BOOK

Gown - even before I got engaged, I fell in love with a Vera Wang RTW. So when I finally got engaged, no 2nd thoughts na, that was the gown I went for :) Parents saw how much I looved the gown, so sinagot na nila ang gown ko  :-*

Church/Venue - when we learned that Tagaytay Highlands have wedding packages for non-members, it was practically a done deal for us :)

Digital Photobooth by Terralifestyle - this was actually the first supplier we booked! kaloka! Sobrang naaaliw si fiance and really wanted this photobooth :)

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 06:23:33 am »
swerte mo naman sis sa parents mo! hahaha.  googling your photobooth sis :)

janagirl

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 05:32:50 pm »
P/V Team, hirap na hirap ako mamili. Haha! But i booked one na, thank God! :)

Reynamargallo

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 09:07:53 pm »
Church and reception :) ito talaga inuna namin kasi ito ang non negotiable namin ng h2b ko. hirap to get the church na gusto namin and resto na malapit sa church. Both have reasonable rates.


Di kami maarte sa ibang suppliers.

Basta ang importante, ma bless kami at mabusog ang bisita namin.


Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 11:50:29 pm »
sa akin wala pa naman masyado since matagal pa wedding, but si il fiore florist na based sa tagaytay, dinededma ako. ang hirap nya ka-communicate via text and FB msg.

Hi, Sis -

You might want to try Joel Faller. He has packages for 20K, 25K, 30K. Thanks!

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 05:10:04 am »
^ thanks sis, will contact him :)

MedChic

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 02:54:16 pm »
Most difficult to book:

Florist, dahil nagkukurot ako sa bulaklak, at sa tingin ko di naman kailan ng todo investment sa kanya.
Hotel Prep, gusto ko kasi may grandstairs, wala ni isang hotel sa tagaytay ang meron, kaya ito.. Ag tagal bago ako nagdecide na magbook.

Easiest to book:
Halos lahat naman.. Withthe help of GT sissies.. 😜

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Most Difficult Supplier To Book
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 03:25:46 pm »
Most Difficult to Book:
Hmmmm... In our case, I think I found it most difficult to find a designer for my gown. I can't justify spending too much for a gown that I'll only be wearing once. My family even had to convince me to increase my budget for gown because they said I "needed" to look beautiful on our big day. So considering the self-imposed budget restrictions, I had to look for a gown designer who 1) can execute my vision; 2) is easy to talk to and who promptly responds to my questions and concerns; and 3) who has an atelier that is easily accessible for the fittings.

I think this is the only supplier where I reached out to a lot of designers. I didn't do this for others. For other suppliers, I would make a shortlist after conducting my research then I would only reach out to those who made the first cut. Pero for my gown, I inquired with around 20 and met with 4. Napagod ako mag-hanap! Hahaha.

Easiest to book:
Video: After finalizing our date and booking our church and venue, I booked our video right away! We also didn't have a hard time booking our photographer because he was recommended by and is a close friend of our videographer. We also didn't have a hard time booking our HMUA, cake, caterer, entourage gowns and rings :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close