Author Topic: Wedding gown change at the reception  (Read 7453 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2015, 01:03:48 am »
Thanks Sparklingjewel!! actually I told the fiance about it and medyo pinagalitan ako hahaha I am just really nervous about the outcome of my wedding gown and was so so tempted to go for a 2nd gown especially if I can get it at about half the price. But then I realized that it is best for me to be practical instead. =) Thanks for convincing me not to get a 2nd one!

But hey, in a way thing turned out the best for you! You now have a reception gown for the dance, even if you weren't really considering having one made. But in your case, it will really be put to good use with your choreographed dance and all. Im sure both your gowns will be gorgeous!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2015, 09:48:01 am »
That's what i hate about having a 2nd gown, it's that you're sure one of them will be inferior hahah and i would rather be in the better one in all my pics! Since it's really also just the bride who cares so much about the 2nd gown and not the guests. Some nga dont even notice kahit 2 in 1 yung gown ng bride.

Anyway, i really wish i could just dance in my wedding gown pero given it's cut di talaga kaya. Also my choreographer said kahit wala masyadong train (1 foot lang ata) matatapakan padin ng groom during the dance. :(

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2016, 06:55:08 pm »
Hi mga sis. For those who had 2 gowns how did you go about it? My wedding gown kasi, simple as it is, but it is fitted like a glove. So dancing would be possible kung sway sway lang. hehe.  I  have opted to wear na lang my civil wedding gown for our first dance. Then change back into my fitted wedding gown for the picture taking hehe. Ang gulo ba. Gusto ko kasi i-maximize yung gown ko hehe. Pero ang tanong ko is, how did you change into your second gown. Or the more more appropriate question is when did you change into your reception gown? Kasi di ba pag ka grand entrance na eh mag first dance na kagad kayo? Pasenshya na kung medyo magulo, pero hopefully someone can give some light into this.. pretty pretty please ;D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2016, 08:55:29 pm »
Hi Missus O: I asked my coordinator the same question when I was considering having a 2nd gown. She gave me 3 options: 1. Before the grand entrance 2. Before the 1st Dance 3. Before the couple takes pictures with the guests per table

I think it also will depend on the program. Not all couples do their 1st dance right after the grand entrance. So perhaps you can explore this so you can wear your wedding gown in for the grand entrance.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2016, 09:05:40 am »
Missus O i did exactly that.. pictorial still in my wedding gown, entrance and dance in dance dress then changed back :)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2016, 01:34:00 pm »
^ and ^^ Thanks sparklingjewel and chili1113 :).. will probanly just do that hehe.. my coordinator kasi said, mahihirapan daw mga videographer to get the sde out in time pag na delay daw namin yung first dance. Kaya I'm trying to exhaust all possible.means as to when ba talaga dapat magchange para sa first dance. :D.. grabe.. the problems of a bride :D :D

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2016, 12:26:09 am »
I changed before the grand entrance sis. Super imposible talaga to dance and move around with my bridal gown. I refuse to change back coz it feels yucky na. Sorry arte lang pero June kase yon at ang inet sa pilipinas. I can say na na maximise ko both gowns naman sa dami ng shots. :) from 10am til 5:30 pm suot ko ang bridal gown, then 6pm til end of the reception yung isa. :)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2016, 04:44:09 am »
@belle_v2g, waahhh.. June bride ako. Although Tagaytay-ish area yun. Sana presko. Pero I doubt na hindi ako pagpapawasan hehe.  We'll see.  Presko din kasi yung gown ko hehe.. :) 

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2016, 10:16:20 am »
I'm having detachable train sa wedding gown ko. Ipapagawa ko plang. Masyado kasi akong nabitin sa chapel train ng gown ko eh. So ayun after ceremony or baka pagdating sa venue ko sya ipapatanggal.

I will also try to look for second gown sa divi. Baka may magustuhan akong supery comfy, specially for the after party. Di ko man masuot I bet it will not break the bank kasi divi lang naman. :)

ayouweinlove

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2016, 02:25:37 pm »
^ nakakatuwa naman basahin itong thread na toh, as for me, 1 gown lang tapos yung budget ko for 2nd gown sa pre-nup gowns ko na lang ibubuhos.  which I can use pa for other occasions. di ba kapag second gown more like wedding gown parin sya pero fitted or flowy with beads. naisip ko na baka hindi ko na siya masuot ulit.

mrs_mcta

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2016, 02:43:02 pm »
I changed into my 2nd gown after the per table & VIP pictures na. Nung medyo may lull sa program kase people were still eating then right before mag resume yung program + games, nakabalik nako.

My friend had an expensive wedding gown but she bought her 2nd gown in Divi pero it was beautiful din. Yung purpose of the 2nd gown was para mas makagalaw siya freely during the reception. Pero nag palit na siya right after the church, 2nd gown na yung suot niya sa grand entrance sa reception.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2016, 02:48:14 pm »
na eexcite na ko mamili ng second gown sa divi! I bet its waaaay cheaper than my wedding gown!

Ang iniisip ko nalang, try ko ibenta after the wedding!  ;D ;D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close