Author Topic: Wedding gown change at the reception  (Read 7447 times)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 02:34:01 pm »
Hi juwie! Personally, if you can have it custom-made, then all the better! I totally forgot about our after parties that were prepared by our parents so I didn't have the time to have my dresses done, so I just bought one off the rack. Got mine from Ever New. :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 03:00:52 pm »
^ Wow sis, I like the dresses at Ever New! Haydee Garcia quoted me 8k for a tulle skirt and cropped top but I'm still undecided and would like to have more options.

I like the idea of having a different attire for the after-party because I don't want to mingle and get drunk while wearing a heavy dress that I have to drag around haha!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 11:05:56 pm »
I won't be having a second look anymore.. just decided that i might as well maximize an expensive dress na that i will only wear a few hours! But my dress is not poofy so pwede.

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 11:33:35 pm »
i requested my couture to do 2 in 1 dress. both of them will still be long gown. The reception gown will have a shorter train lang and parang evening gown lang. More comfy kasi kung lighter ang suot at wala ng petty coat.i saw a lot in baclaran last time if you want to wear RTW gowns for the reception. Yun nga lang, added cost talaga siya sa gowns natin. hehe.  :)

Those sissies na hindi pa nagpapatahi, perhaps pwde yung gaya ng gown ni heart, dba removable yung train niya. Ang elegante pa rin kahit natanggal na yung train.  ;) yung ibang 2 in 1 gown na nakita ko kasi, cocktail dress na yung 2nd gown, yung iba above the knee pa. hehe.  ;)

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 05:19:41 pm »
At first iwanted. To have a 2nd gown na mas comfortable gumalaw, kaso, my wedding gown is beyond our budget na, kahit low range supplier lang. Kaya, no na lang, maganda din naman na whole time suot ko sya para feel na feel na ako ang bride. Hahhaa.

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2015, 05:31:51 pm »
mel orlina makes a lot of 2 in 1 gowns. dati i didn't care about 2nd look but when she designed my gown that way, i was convinced na ok din pala. small changes lang pero its so nice kasi nag-iba din yung dating.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2015, 05:34:59 pm »
^I've been to some super high end weddings na mahal sobra yung gown ng bride so isa lang sinusuot nila the entire time, like kung Veluz at 300k dress pala sya. Downside lang is yung first dance laging slow lang wala happy version... kasi di nga makakadance masyado. Hindi kaya boring if slow dance lang yung first dance? Sabagay i do find it corny kapag may happy part nga yung dance tapos napaka basic naman ng steps. Haha might as well just do the slow dance and retain one dress for the entire wedding.

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 03:55:00 pm »
Hi ladies. How do you think about the idea of changing into a different gown at the reception?

i didnt go for a reception gown change. :) sayang kase if i would wear pricey gown for just few hours so i used the same wedding gown the whole day.  my only concern lang before was kung makakasayaw ba ako ng maayos sa reception kase bulky yung skirt niya.  our dance pa naman was medyo slow dance, the dirty-dancing kind of dance with lots of turning around and rotation.. with no lift of course. then transition na to trendy upbeat dance with advanced hiphop/rnb dance steps. me and hubby kase love dancing talaga.  so during my final fitting, i tried to dance the upbeat one, and kayang kaya naman pala even with the fruo fruo ball gown, petticoat and with my actual wedding shoes (4-inches). kelangan lang comfy ka sa suot mo para easy gumalaw kahit puffy.  or maybe because i used to dance din kase talaga with any costume on,  kaya keri rin pati ball gown.

for now-hubby naman, his suit is two-looks so nag-second look siya during the reception.. different color of longsleeves, vest and necktie then he removed the coat on some parts of the reception.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2015, 04:04:02 pm »
^buti kapa sis hallerski!! When I did my fitting with manny, dun ko narelised na tama lang na I had a reception gown made.. the gown he made is beautiful however halatang hindi nya ako tinipid sa fabric kaya it's so heavy. Pang ceremony lang talaga sya and pictorials. I definitely won't be able to dance wearing it. Yung reception gown ko nga na may konting tail lang naaapakan lagi ni hubby nung first dance namin.  The second gown may slit sya hanggang thigh kaya I can move freely parin.

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2015, 05:00:37 pm »
^yes sis belle_v2g, the gown was really heavy pero keri lang.. i've worn din kase different gowns in the past kaya used na rin siguro.. ;)
My sister had mondelo gown too during her wedding last year at st james.. Her gown was even heavier kase manny made her a super long train kase her church was st james ayala alabang which has long aisle.. During the reception, manny&team did sew her train and iniangat siya para di maapakan.. And voila she was able to dance na rin.. They danced remix of all famous 90s music/moves.. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:19:55 pm by hallerski »

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 03:39:38 am »
Just to add in my 2 cents, my church wedding is still 11 months away.  I'm still contemplating on whether I should change into a second gown but I will probably have to, since my wedding gown is a simple one but it's a trumpet / mermaid gown so moving in any kind of direction is a bit limited.  If I have to change, I might use my civil ceremony gown. :)  For my civil ceremony gown, one of my best friends just asked our local mananahi, whom we've worked with before, to make my gown.  We bought the fabrics in Divisoria, and just paid for labor.  My dress is a Jenny Packham inspired one.  But I'm able to move in it freely. Kaya I'd still be able to dance hehe.  Since ayaw ko na magpagawa hehe.  Downside to it, eh inayos ko pa yung ruching ng dress.  Well if you have a very good local mananahi who does competent work for a small fee, then you could ask her/him to do your second look.  So for those who want a second look, and doesn't have that much budget for a second gown/dress, this is an alternative.  Hope this helps :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 04:02:21 am »
Nakakatuwa si manny coz he made the train 3 meters long while the veil is 7 meters long and he mentioned before kung how many yards of fabric he used.. Gosh pagod na pagod ang coord ko kakabuhat ng gown hahahah! They were even saying it doesn't look like a mid range gown, someone even asked me coz they thought i spent 6 digits for it. (kilig naman ako). It's worth my pagod anyway. :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:23:57 am by belle_v2g »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 05:54:58 pm »
^bonzaigirl Can i see a pic of your Jenny Packham inspired dress?? I only want to have one really nice wedding gown (instead of two na mas so-so kasi nahati budget hehe) but im thinking of changing into something else for the dance lang and then change back to the wedding gown for the rest of the night. Your gown might give me ideas. :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 05:35:39 am »
Sure sis, hehe.. As soon as I figure out how to post pics here hehe :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 04:17:59 pm »
^bonzaigirl Can i see a pic of your Jenny Packham inspired dress?? I only want to have one really nice wedding gown (instead of two na mas so-so kasi nahati budget hehe) but im thinking of changing into something else for the dance lang and then change back to the wedding gown for the rest of the night. Your gown might give me ideas. :)

Hi sis :)  these are few of my civil ceremony pics.  Well since local seamstress lang yung gumawa nyan, shempre himdi sya naman ganun ka exact. Actually inayos ko pa yung ruching ko jan. hehe. Pero knowing what I paid for naman. And it's light and I can move freely, despite the fact na 3 or 4 layers yung skirt nya hehe. :) so if ever I do need to change, fir the reception, I just might change into that one ;)  Hope this helps :)

https://instagram.com/explore/tags/tjeiywedding/

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 10:37:23 pm »
Ladies help! I swore I wouldnt have a 2nd gown/reception gown because I know it isnt practical to do this. Plus Ill only be wearing my wedding gown for 1 day so might as well make the most of it right especially since it is quite expensive.

Thing is lately Ive been obsessing over having a 2nd wedding gown!! Whaaaaaa. Take note, we do not have a choreographed dance and so there is no real need for me to change gowns. Plus I think my ceremony gown isnt going to be super heavy naman.

I think I am just being impractical! But then a part of me wants to just go ahead and do it. I told my fiance about it and he was talking me out of it.

Is anyone here ordering two gowns for their wedding? How did you justify the extra cost?

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2015, 10:41:14 pm »
^I didn't have 2 gowns but I wore 2 in 1 gown. I asked my designer na yung 1st gown ko is like a long gown lang then yung sa tail part ikakabit nalang para yun yung ceremony gown ko aalisin nalang for the reception. Kaso, hindi nasunod. Kasi yung gown ko sana for the reception eh masyado halata puson ko (yes I gained weight before the wedding plus my period is coming). Kaya I decided wag nalang alisin.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2015, 10:54:02 pm »
^Thanks sis! Di pwede kasi 2 in 1 yung wedding gown ko. They already started the gown and the cut doesnt allow it to have another style. Haaayyy I hate this. I think I should let my current 2nd gown obsession pass. I cannot seem to justify the extra expense especially if I will only wear it for like 2 hours.

mrs_mcta

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2015, 01:55:35 am »
The one who made my dress gave me a 2nd gown for free/as his gift (semi family friend kase namen siya).

I still wore my 1st gown hanggang dinner and yung picture of guests per table and picture with the VIPs kase diba sa ninong/ninang, the couple will go to them. Suot ko pa yung 1st gown ko at this point.

Nung kumakain na lahat and tapos na sa picture with ninong/ninang, saka ako nag slip out to change to my 2nd gown. :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding gown change at the reception
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2015, 11:49:50 pm »
Chili1113, your first gown is effin gorgeous already you definitely dont need a second one esp if inferior lang sya. And without a dance di sya masusulit. You have less pics at the reception too.

Im only having a 2nd gown since i had Joe redo her design and also bec i cant dance in my wedding gown. Pero if super mas  ok wedding gown ko i plan to change back pa after.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close